Bryson DeChambeau

Search

I'm from the government and I'm here to help
Tokens
He's looking good
The Memorial was set-up tougher than Harding Park and it aint a major.
the set-up was great but the course isn't right for a major as there's no real penalties. but the set-up was as good as you can do for that course...he tucked pins near bunkers, set up some drivable 4's and really long 3's, etc. But the course itself was way too open, doesn't have many trees, very light winds, and water on only 1 hole. Even if you hit it 50 yards left you had a 75% chance at a decent lie and rarely had to punch out. At worst a couple holes forced them to play 20-30 feet away from the pin but that's about it.

wait'll these young fellas see Winged Foot. Won't be any -13 winner there

Tokens
On Sunday I was rooting for Morikawa (was one of the 6 players I picked to win the tournament before the tournament).... he seems like a good young kid and will be good for golf.

In terms of the course I agree with rolltide other than a few holes it was not very tough for the players. I do like a driveable par 4 with risk and reward. Morikawa executed it perfectly.

The other thing about a muni hosting a tournament like this is the greens. Public courses that get a ton of play are going to have relatively flat greens because it takes less time to maintain them. What happened with flat greens? The players made a ton of long putts and it helped those players that are not good putters. When I was betting on the tournament I didnt pick long shots like Scheffler because his putting stats are terrible. Sunday he putted great.

There were others that have been terrible on the year but were on the leaderboard that arent good putters. Remember that for the next couple of majors. Here are a few and their rank stroked gained going into the tournament: Casey: 208th, Kopeka: 146 (although I think he is a good putter in majors), Morikawa: 164th, Hovland 149th, Rose 173rd (he is better than that rank), Scheffler 136th, Cameron Champ 118th, Fleetwood 138th, Dustin Johnson 139th, Finau 95th, Wolff 75th, Xander 73rd, Day 63rd (he can putt), Dechambeau 6th ( I didnt know his putting was that good). Bad putters will never become good putters......they might become average putter but not a good putter. I have never met a bad putter who became a good putter.

The leaderboard was filled with guys that are not good putters......that wont happen in a major for a long time.

Tokens
great point about the muni greens NS. Rose is definitely a better putter than that ranking. Harding Park's rough was penal in spots only. Bombers free to let it go , they were all over the final leaderboard. The sand traps were rather penal , not enough sand lol , another muni characteristic --pros struggled, guess they dont play a lot at muni courses ? LOL

been playing much? ....i'm playing two elite courses in the next few weeks : Glen Abbey (former home of The Canadian Open) and The Country Club ( got an invite to play this private club) . Have played Abbey before, just an awesome course!!!

glen_abbey_golf_club_cover_picture.jpg

par 5 18th at Abbey . In 2000, Woods was bunkered in the fairway...218yds over water ....6 iron.....birdie, won by 1. Won NINE times that yr, Domination

EV Whore
Tokens
par 5 18th at Abbey . In 2000, Woods was bunkered in the fairway...218yds over water ....6 iron.....birdie, won by 1. Won NINE times that yr, Domination

I wasn't betting golf back then, what were his odds going into these tournies? Like +150?
Legitimately curious.

Tokens
great point about the muni greens NS. Rose is definitely a better putter than that ranking. Harding Park's rough was penal in spots only. Bombers free to let it go , they were all over the final leaderboard. The sand traps were rather penal , not enough sand lol , another muni characteristic --pros struggled, guess they dont play a lot at muni courses ? LOL

been playing much? ....i'm playing two elite courses in the next few weeks : Glen Abbey (former home of The Canadian Open) and The Country Club ( got an invite to play this private club) . Have played Abbey before, just an awesome course!!!

glen_abbey_golf_club_cover_picture.jpg

Nice!! I am jealous.

I could play golf every day. I absolutely love it when I flush a golf shot.

I bought the golf speed stixxs. Have you heard of them? As you age like me the swing speed and distance start to go down. The basic concept behind them is like training a sprinter to run faster. They will run downhill so your body gets used to moving faster. They are 3 weighted clubs. One is 10 grams lighter than driver, 5 grams lighter and 5 grams more than standard driver. You start with the lightest and swing 3 times as hard as you can, then do it left handed (feels weird at first), then go up in weight and do the same thing, then the heaviest. Then you do three with the lightest where you step into it like you are batting, then left handed and go through all 3 weights. End with 3 swings of the lightest. Phil did it and added like 5 mph on his swing. I can definitely say I have added distance on my drive.

I played with a minister friend of mine and we had an early tee time on a course I dont play a ton. We are playing match play and I shoot a 39 and got beat on the front 9. At the turn I go buy us some bloody mary's. We are paired with a young couple and she is a 4 and he is a 5 handicap. I give the minister his drink and he starts to drive to the 10th tee where the couple is. The cart path goes left and by the driving range but the hole is to the right. I head straight at the hole through the parking lot. I am going down this hill and all of a sudden I see this green rope going across where I am heading. I slam on the brakes and just missed going into the rope.

I back up and figure out how to get to the tenth tee. It is a 510 yard par 5. Everyone has hit so I kind of rush up and tee off and flush a drive. I look down and there is a spike laying there. I think it is weird. Look at my show and it is mine. So I grab the spike and head to my ball. I park on the hill take off my shoe and cant get it back in.....so I just say screw it.

The minister has lost his ball so I go back to try to help him find it. I come over this hill and he has found it and is hitting and it sails over my cart. Now I am really flustered. I head to my ball and pull out my 4 wood. I laced it on a nice line on the dog leg right. We get up to the green and I am sitting about 10 feet from the pin. I calmly drained it for an eagle.

The minister and I played again 5 days later and I shot a 38/35. On the last hole I just wanted a par for the 35. I piped a drive right down the middle. There is a trap front right that I wanted to avoid. Flushed an iron safely on the green about 15 feet away. Then I wanted a birdie. Nice roll that ended about two inches from the hole. The minister was mumbling at the end of that day. He was closed out early on both nines.

Two days later we played again. We are on a par 4 and he is about 180 from the pin with a creek running in front of the green and a trap right. I tell him a good line would be at an oak tree left of the pin. He hits it right at the oak tree and puts it on the green. I am about 10 yards closer than him. I take a more aggressive line just a little left of the pin. I hit my line with a little fade. Hits about about 5 yards from the pin and releases for an eagle. He says my luck he plays with me and I get two eagles against him in a week.

The next week he is not playing with me. We get to the signature hole that has had my number all year. I have had zero pars on it. I hit my drive into the right rough with a downhill lie. The pin is on the right side of the green, It is over a ravine with big trees and I cant see the pin and I dont hit my irons very high. This is not what I wanted at all. I flush an iron high and over the trees.....I rush over to the left like Sergio to see where it lands. It hits 2 feet from the pin and then it looks like it goes in and spins around and then comes out and sits about 12 inches from the pin. I swear it is in for another eagle but we have those dumb foam thing in the cup so the ball cant go all the way down. I say I go a COVID eagle on that hole.

I told the minister and said if he was there wouldnt have been any doubt it would have stayed in.

Tokens
great read, thanks for taking the time. 38/35 is some damn good golf, you're a very good player! Go easy on the minister man!! @):mad:

https://superspeedgolf.com/?gclid=C...hPUQ3APVQxhPu6y36AVYXra2tiuDW4y0aAp6KEALw_wcB

these? i've seen them, never gave them much thought, seemed gimicky . But if u speak highly i'll give them a whirl , likely to help with tempo as well

'I could play golf every day. I absolutely love it when I flush a golf shot.'

a fellow golf fanatic :). .......tough to beat that feeling, esp., with a forged iron, just fuckin' butter.........THE greatest game in the world ......tee time tomorrow,being the boss has its privildges :toast:

i'll share a story,...played a fantastic course a few weeks back, we play it evry yr, Wooden Sticks. It has about 12 replica holes and they did such a good job esp, with the British holes. A bit pricey to play but it does include a la carte breakfest and lunch , cart , range for $150. The food is shockingly excellent. Anyway, front side i had a two-way miss off the tee; TOAST. Lost one left OB..a few holes later snap hook into trouble (im a lefty). Front side 42 ugh.., its a long ride from the 9th to the 10 th hole...on the tee on the 10th for whatever reason i had no 'correction thoughts'. Lightened my grip pressure , aim to target and fuckin' smoked it... with a beautiful balanced pose at the finish:). Repeated at the next hole. Proceeded to hit 7 fairways on the back...a first !! likely never to be repeated!! LOL!!!!! Had a great backside going and my shot of the day was at 15: the Road hole replica at St Andrews, its so cool. Par 4 420 into a slight wind- great drive, 175 yds front right pin, lose it right and onto the road ya go-- aimed left side of the green,high drawing 7 iron to 12 feet, thing of beauty , missed the putt..... arrived at the 17th. It's a replica of the TPC at Sawgras's 17th, island par 3 surronded by water . Back pin , 125 yds, . Comfortable GW, plenty of club no way im short with this club......pulled right ...water....double bogey ....kaput ...........Was a great day!!!

remember an interview with Brooke Henderson, they asker her; 'what are u thinking when yuo're ready to pull the trigger'
answer : 'nothing' :)

horses for courses...Webb Simpson another top 10 at The Wyndham

Webb Simpson ytd:

12 tournaments : 7 top 10's , including a win
4th in birdie average
4th in scoring average
tee to green , solid -- 31% driving accuracy, 29th GIR's

has the game for a US Open layout , Winged Foot here he comes .....playing very well ytd

42 yrs young...a winner again on tour, emotions nearly got the best of him.....Herman with a 63 in the final round including a fantastic 5 iron into 18

jim-herman-2.jpg

EV Whore
Tokens
Herman was +75000 before the tourney
Insanity
I had Doc Redman +7500 and really thought he had a chance Sunday

Handicapper
Tokens
I think having money on a huge dog in golf who’s competing late on Sunday is the most exciting bet in the world .

Tokens
Overall I have a great sense of humor. When I am on the golf course I will talk trash in a subtle way and in good fun.

A couple of the lines I use. If there are some friends of mine in the foursome ahead of us and we catch them on some tee box I will casually ask
" Do you have a slow foursome in front of you too?"

I was playing with a guy early in the year and he must hit 4 trees on one of the holes. I told him dont worry in a few weeks there will be leaves on all of the trees and they will be easier to get through.

One guy I was playing in a match told a good friend of mine that he was going to talk trash to me. My friend said I dont think I would do that if I were you . He hit a good drive and started yapping. I piped a drive and said I will see you in a couple of shots. Beat him the first 8 holes. He made a 60 footer to win the last hole.

Another guy I was playing a match against had a club that looked a little bit older. I told him a saw a club that looked like that last week when I was at the Smithsonian.

Or the backhanded compliment.....that was a good shot...for you.

My best subtle jab because they usually dont get that I am giving them shit is this one.....when you are playing someone that hasn't made a putt all day. I tell them..... You are by far the best tap in putter I have ever met. It usually goes right over their head. I was playing with a very wealthy business owner. In his defense he was in a bad car accident and had pins put in his spine and use to be a good golfer but now has to play opposite handed. He still really enjoys the game and judges his game relative to how well he does now not how he use to play. This guy went 17 holes and made a total of about 20 feet of putts. I had joked with him a couple of times about being the best tap in putter I ever met. We get to the 18th hole and he has a 15 footer. He says "It took me awhile to figure out that you were giving me shit about my putting. I have been trying so hard to make a putt the last 5 or 6 holes just so I could talk trash back. Now I definitely have to make this 15 footer". Of course he missed but at least he figured it out.

One thing I have worked on is to try to not leave those 25 feet or less putts short. There is nothing worse than making a putt that is right in the heart and one roll short. So last year I made a goal to make sure I made it to the hole. If I miss and have a comeback putt I should have seen the line so it should be an easier putt. I kept track for 35 rounds. I only missed 3 comebackers. I know I made way more one putts than that and if I putted less aggressively then I probably would have had more than 3 that came up short. I think it helped. When we warm up on the green we play a putting game for cash. If you one putt you obviously win. But if you 2 putt and your first putt was short and your opponent 2 putts but his first putt went past the hole you win. You end up putting more aggressively....plus when you read a line....having the putt go about 12 to 14 inches past the hole is the line a speed you will see.

Tokens
Herman was +75000 before the tourney
Insanity
I had Doc Redman +7500 and really thought he had a chance Sunday

I had Horshel....it was right there for the taking and then nothing (Webb was another one I had). Herman putted so well and had done nothing all year. I was more worried about Kim going into the final day. Doc played pretty well for a young guy.

I had Morikawa the week before.....that was a little more fun. I usually try to take 4 or 5 larger dogs in a tournament and one top player.

EV Whore
Tokens
I had Horshel....it was right there for the taking and then nothing (Webb was another one I had). Herman putted so well and had done nothing all year. I was more worried about Kim going into the final day. Doc played pretty well for a young guy.

I had Morikawa the week before.....that was a little more fun. I usually try to take 4 or 5 larger dogs in a tournament and one top player.

I have the same strategy. Also had Webb.

Tokens
Overall I have a great sense of humor. When I am on the golf course I will talk trash in a subtle way and in good fun.

A couple of the lines I use. If there are some friends of mine in the foursome ahead of us and we catch them on some tee box I will casually ask
" Do you have a slow foursome in front of you too?"

I was playing with a guy early in the year and he must hit 4 trees on one of the holes. I told him dont worry in a few weeks there will be leaves on all of the trees and they will be easier to get through.

One guy I was playing in a match told a good friend of mine that he was going to talk trash to me. My friend said I dont think I would do that if I were you . He hit a good drive and started yapping. I piped a drive and said I will see you in a couple of shots. Beat him the first 8 holes. He made a 60 footer to win the last hole.

Another guy I was playing a match against had a club that looked a little bit older. I told him a saw a club that looked like that last week when I was at the Smithsonian.

Or the backhanded compliment.....that was a good shot...for you.

My best subtle jab because they usually dont get that I am giving them shit is this one.....when you are playing someone that hasn't made a putt all day. I tell them..... You are by far the best tap in putter I have ever met. It usually goes right over their head. I was playing with a very wealthy business owner. In his defense he was in a bad car accident and had pins put in his spine and use to be a good golfer but now has to play opposite handed. He still really enjoys the game and judges his game relative to how well he does now not how he use to play. This guy went 17 holes and made a total of about 20 feet of putts. I had joked with him a couple of times about being the best tap in putter I ever met. We get to the 18th hole and he has a 15 footer. He says "It took me awhile to figure out that you were giving me shit about my putting. I have been trying so hard to make a putt the last 5 or 6 holes just so I could talk trash back. Now I definitely have to make this 15 footer". Of course he missed but at least he figured it out.

One thing I have worked on is to try to not leave those 25 feet or less putts short. There is nothing worse than making a putt that is right in the heart and one roll short. So last year I made a goal to make sure I made it to the hole. If I miss and have a comeback putt I should have seen the line so it should be an easier putt. I kept track for 35 rounds. I only missed 3 comebackers. I know I made way more one putts than that and if I putted less aggressively then I probably would have had more than 3 that came up short. I think it helped. When we warm up on the green we play a putting game for cash. If you one putt you obviously win. But if you 2 putt and your first putt was short and your opponent 2 putts but his first putt went past the hole you win. You end up putting more aggressively....plus when you read a line....having the putt go about 12 to 14 inches past the hole is the line a speed you will see.
really not fair... 2 that guy.. that had the car accident

Tokens
i agree,rather brutal ....to each his own I suppose. Kudos to the guy getting back out there. One life to live, have fun

havent looked yet HC

Tiger Woods' son Charlie dominates junior golf tournament with his dad as caddy

Charlie Woods, 11, shot 3-under in the nine-hole tournament

efjnmi6xgamvzin.jpg

holy molly, great swing!!!...give me Charlie over NS anyday in match play @):mad:

“It’s all on him. I wanted it at a very, very early age. I wanted to compete and play in this game," Woods said. "That’s on him and whether he wants it or not.”

"I wish I had his move," Tiger said, via GolfTV. "I analyze his swing all the time. I wish I could rotate like that and turn my head like that and do some of those positions, but those days are long gone, and I have to relive them through him."

Tokens
Who do y'all like for the Northern Trust?

These events play a little like majors with the best players all playing. With that said it is harder to take some super long shot to win in my opinion. The better players will come to the top similar to a major.

My first thought was Justin Thomas. He had a week off. Tee to green he is great but his putting is becoming a bit of a problem for him. So at low odds I am going to pass.

The course is a par 71 so one less par 5 for the bombers to take advantage of.

I think Webb has a great combination of approach shots 8th and putting 14th. Decent odds at 33 to 1.

Patrick Reed is 9th in putting and he is 69th in strokes gained on his approach shots. 30 to 1

Daniel Berger is 14th in putting and 21st on approach shots and is 35 to 1.

In terms of a long shot Harris English at 85 to 1 is 27th on approach and 16th in putting.

EV Whore
Tokens
I'm considering a very large play on Morikawa top 20 +110
Assumed his price would be a little more prohibitive given his recent fame, but it's a reasonable number. Significantly better odds than Rory, Rahm, JT...and I think he's playing better than any of those guys. Also course favoring solid long iron play.

Also liking Hatton as a long shot, or maybe top 10 +600. Again, great long irons.

Tokens
There is a bit of info in Golf forum that may give a nugget or two.

Past Major Winners
Morikawa 33-1
Lowry 80-1
Woodland 70-1
Brooks 12-1
Tiger 14-1
Reed 40-1
Brooks 22-1
Brooks 20-1
Molinari 25-1
Sergio 30-1
Thomas 35-1

Sweet spot seems to be 20-30 range. And this is like a Major field.

Past 2 TPC Boston winners
Bryson 33-1
Thomas 22-1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lvdoctor
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com