The 2019 Phil Steele/Northcoast Picks, Record Documentation, Commentary and Discussion Thread

Search

Tokens
Here you go and really not that much to talk about.

Todd laments the disappointing Sunday with the 0-3-1 record and alludes to the one point losses.

Standard Monday night pricing in effect and with $20 no guarantee or $30 with $40 back in store credit if it loses(for me a terrible and insulting promotion-either

guarantee the fucking $20 play with $20 back in cash if it loses, or with $20 or even $30 store credit if it loses but none of this higher $30 with $40

back bs-for me that is pure extortion and/or indicates that they have no confidence in their plays, both equally bad!!

THE EARLY BIRD PLAY OF THE WEEK IS FLORIDA ATLANTIC - 13 1/2.

Tokens
What I forgot to mention in previous post is this:

I didn't hear any compassion for those who bought the GOM yesterday and/or all four plays which went 0-3-1.

What they should have done for those who lost yesterday and who didn't have the Monday night plays included as part of a bigger picture,

would be to give away both plays tonight for FREE without having to pay the $20 or $30 extra.

However I realize that what I said is a dream because as anyone who has followed NC for a while knows, Phil Steele/NC are one cheap outfit who/which

cares ONLY about marketing and selling their picks no matter what, and not giving a good god damn about any people who lost money playing them!!

Tokens
Sorry if I am carrying this too far, but for those of you who want a good feeling after each week passes because you have won with your picks, well

lets just say that you are not going to get that with NC unless you are a masochist.

By my tallies and including the cost of service out of the eight weeks of football completed so far, there have been SIX LOSING WEEKS and a meager TWO WINNING

WEEKS.

Try getting Todd or Phll Steele to admit that. lol

Tokens
You say you are heavily invested in stocks. Hypothetically, if you were a broker and made commissions advising someone to buy a stock and the stock tanked. Would you give them their money back?

Tokens
You say you are heavily invested in stocks. Hypothetically, if you were a broker and made commissions advising someone to buy a stock and the stock tanked. Would you give them their money back?

Ok-fair question.

First of all the big difference between buying/investing in a stock and "investing" in a game (an obvious very polite term for gambling)is that with a stock, you have

not made anything or lost anything until/when/if you sell it.

With a sports pick after the game goes final, you have either won, lost or pushed, meaning there is some finality to it.

Thus using Sunday as an example, NC lost their big play along with two others and pushed one, meaning that if someone played at $100 a unit they lost ten

units or actually eleven units factoring in juice or $1100.

Someone who purchased all four picks including the GOY and who was not part of another package shelled out $125, meaning he is out $1225.

Thus imo for NC to ask this same person or persons an additional $20 for tonight's play or $30 with the guarantee is not exactly

what I would deem as good will.

It just seems to me that if there were in fact persons such as I described above, at the very least they should be comped by getting at the very least

the star rated play tonight if not the Marquee also.

If you want to look at it differently, playing Devils Advocate and using NC's own standards, one could ask the question why is

it that that if one pays $30 tonight and loses, they get back $40 in credit but nothing for a GOM or a losing Sunday also?

I am not advocating this , but why couldn't they have had a similar offer for yesterday such as by offering a guarantee

of charging $125 for the GOM or $150 for all four picks and if either of the options someone chose lost, to give away next Sunday's

play for free or to get $175 or s in NC store credit?

But of course that makes too much sense and imo NC's fear/concern that they don't want to give away that much credit to anyone no matter what.

In short hypocrisy and double standards do and have always defined Phil Steele/NC, with their prevalent mindset/motto being(at least what it should

be), "Heads NC wins and tails you(the client loses).

Those are the thoughts which come to mind in response to your question.

Tokens
I said if you were a broker and made a commission, would you give the commission back? You didn't answer the question. Now you are doing the "lying by omission and deception" lol

Tokens
I said if you were a broker and made a commission, would you give the commission back? You didn't answer the question. Now you are doing the "lying by omission and deception" lol

I answered you question in the way I thought appropriate.

If you want a more direct answer, investing in the stock market and gambling on sports are different animals for a zillion different reasons, the most

important of which I addressed in the first few sentences of previous post.

Thus my answer to your question is a resounding NO!!!

In addition to what I said in previous post, I could go on in more detail, but don't have time at the moment.

Anyways for those who want the plays tonight for FREE, they are:

Northcoast

2* under 43’
marquee - NYJ +10

Tokens
So you wouldn't give a commission back after losing money for a client, but you think NC should. Got it, thanks. Actually investing in the stock market and gambling on sports are not that different for a zillion reasons. When you get time, I would love to hear your thoughts. I'm always trying to learn. And thanks for posting the Bonus Plays, it's like your 3rd time this year to post before the game starts. Thanks. Appreciate it. And BTW, if you tease those 2 plays, I think you have a winner.

Tokens
So you wouldn't give a commission back after losing money for a client, but you think NC should. Got it, thanks. Actually investing in the stock market and gambling on sports are not that different for a zillion reasons. When you get time, I would love to hear your thoughts. I'm always trying to learn. And thanks for posting the Bonus Plays, it's like your 3rd time this year to post before the game starts. Thanks. Appreciate it. And BTW, if you tease those 2 plays, I think you have a winner.

First of all, you are exaggerating quite a by saying it is the third time posting games before they start.

Sure there have been some instances where plays have been posted late and especially of late, but don't say for the entire season, because that

is simply not true.

Also to once again play Devils Advocate, is it my fault that I don't have the plays to post earlier??

Perhaps the question should be why so few people are obviously buying the plays this season which results in the difficulty of having them posted-is it because

they have been winning? lol

Seriously I don't get your point here.

I totally disagree with your comments about the stock market and sports gambling being the same and will elaborate on this in the next day or so

using NC and my own professional investment firm as a comparison.

And actually believe it or not, before I saw your suggestion, I figured NC MAY be due to win and did tease what you suggested.

However, as I also like to have fun sometimes, I also did some teasing with the Pats and the total and a few other things so that if things fall right, I will

have a good night.

Good luck!

Tokens
Not a good start for NC tonight.

Also and to be fair re: my last post, originally I read what Cheddar said interpreted it to mean that this is only the third time I have posted plays in general before

they started.

I see now that Cheddar was referring only to the Monday night game, which is probably pretty close to the truth.

Again that is not my fault and in any case is only portion of the intent of this thread.

Tokens
1-1 night for NC but winning the play which counts in our tally.

It was still a god awful week-recap tomorrow morning.

And just think those who bought Sunday and got bludgeoned to the tune of $1225 at $100 a unit could have partially bailed out by NC's "generosity" of charging

"only" $20 with no guarantee when the retail value of the play was $75. lol

Scrooge McDuck-move over as Phil Steele/NC are about to overtake you!!

Tokens
hi savage, i understand the tenor of your posts about NC, and generally agree, but i get the sense that using just the last 4 years plus this season, that his 4 star (and 4.5 and 5) CFB ONLY totals have done pretty good...

Tokens
hi savage, i understand the tenor of your posts about NC, and generally agree, but i get the sense that using just the last 4 years plus this season, that his 4 star (and 4.5 and 5) CFB ONLY totals have done pretty good...

Good morning, josko-yes you are correct about the totals.

However last I heard, NC does not advertise itself as a college totals services only and never has.

This means in essence as I have stated before that their implication is that one should have played only the college totals over that time(as well as the NFL big plays).

The bottom line is thatI have documented over the last three and a half years that with this week's losses, a $100 player who has played to their ratings

overall is down around $18K when the cost of service is factored in, which is roughly around 14K so far for a non PS subscriber(I will post weekly and cumulative

recaps later on).

Thus even if you take out the 14K for cost of service, the bottom line is that NC has lost around 4K for its clients when ALL of the Late Phones picks are considered.

No offense, but your way of looking at things would be akin to a stock adviser of an investment firm which has say 20-30 stocks in its portfolio and which

lost it clients money overall, bragging about making a lot of money on one particular stock but not focusing on the entire LOSING picture, which is all that really matters.

To change the subject, here are two links which one needs to read to understand comments I am going to make later on regarding the chances

of success of gambling on sports in general as well as in comparison to one's chances of succeeding in investing in stocks and the reasons why.

Back later on with the recaps and after that with today's comp. message.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=what ...cvid=067EFF73E95340FFAE1924A19055A9A8&ajf=100

https://money.cnn.com/2014/08/31/investing/sports-gambling-investing/index.html

Tokens
Recaps for Week Eight:

Week Seven:

College sides and totals 6-5 with ,8 units LOST.

Pros 1-3-1 with 9 units LOST.

Overall for the week 9.8 units were LOST GAINED or $980 dollars at $100 a unit.

The cheapest cost of service for a non PS subscriber of the several mentioned to get all of the Late Phone Plays was $218.

Thus factoring the cost, it is seen that 11.98 units or $1198 was LOST.

Cumulative:

College 42-38 with 6.45 units LOST.

Pro 14-14-1 with 3.6 units LOST.

Overall 10.05 units have been LOST or MINUS $1,005 at $100 a unit.

The total cost of service so far is 18.6 units or $1,860.

Thus adding in the cost, it is seen that so far the non PS subscriber is MINUS 18.65 units or MINUS $1,865 at $100 a unit.

Tokens
Also and to be fair re: my last post, originally I read what Cheddar said interpreted it to mean that this is only the third time I have posted plays in general before

they started.

I see now that Cheddar was referring only to the Monday night game, which is probably pretty close to the truth.

Again that is not my fault and in any case is only portion of the intent of this thread.

Actually th 9th time all year you have posted before the games started. I was low. And in fairness, post 2 of this thread promises plays will be posted

Tokens
Here we go with the summaro of today's messages:

First of all Todd at beginning of tape starts with the usual bullshit "What a lineup we have going today," blah, blah, blah."

Just look at previous post to see how well these allegedly "great lineups" have done this year and for that matter over the last four years>

Ext. 9

We get the SELECTIVE and carefully chosen time frame to show "prove" how great the PowerPlays Comps. have been

We then hear a recap of last night along with the 5-2 pitch overall for the Monday Night Magic Plays for the Season.

Next a pitch for PS and PowerSweeps for $79 for remainder of the season.

Then the usual monotonous/never changing/boring bullshit we hear each and every Tuesday for PowerPlays.

THE FOUR STAR POWERPLAY COMP. OF THE WEEK IS UCONN -10 over UMass.

Ext. 3-We get more bragging about the SELECTIVE/carefully chosen time frame to "prove" how great the Underdog Play of the Week has done.

Then we are told predictably that the SCRIPTED College TOM is going this weekend and of course the great historical records over the last few seasons

which has been good along with some boasting about the Marquees which will be tossed into the package.

Nothing naturally is said about the zillion things which have not been winning.

Anyways the cost for a non PS subscriber will be $159, which includes Saturday and Sunday sides and the TOM only along with some Marquees.

If one wants to get the other totals, "magnanimous" NC will toss them in for another $29.

THE UNDERDOG PLAY OF THE WEEK IS WESTERN KENTUCKY + 6.

PS VERY IMPORTANT- IF YOU WANT TO FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM GOING TO TALK ABOUT LATER, YOU MUST READ WHAT

IS COMTAINED IN THE LINKS I PROVIDED IN POST 353.

Tokens
Recaps for Week Eight:

Week Seven:

College sides and totals 6-5 with ,8 units LOST.

Pros 1-3-1 with 9 units LOST.

Overall for the week 9.8 units were LOST GAINED or $980 dollars at $100 a unit.

The cheapest cost of service for a non PS subscriber of the several mentioned to get all of the Late Phone Plays was $218.

Thus factoring the cost, it is seen that 11.98 units or $1198 was LOST.

Cumulative:

College 42-38 with 6.45 units LOST.

Pro 14-14-1 with 3.6 units LOST.

Overall 10.05 units have been LOST or MINUS $1,005 at $100 a unit.

The total cost of service so far is 18.6 units or $1,860.

Thus adding in the cost, it is seen that so far the non PS subscriber is MINUS 18.65 units or MINUS $1,865 at $100 a unit.

Typo-this should read MINUS $2,865 for the season rather than the $1,865 cited.

Tokens
Ok-here goes with the last post of the day which will address Cheddar's opinion as posted in #348 that the stock market are not that different.

Again I stated earlier that is very important that you read the contens of the links I posted in #353 to fully understand my feelings as I am not going to

rehash what is stated and with which I fully agree.

To quickly summarize for those who don't want to read the links, the contentions are that 90%(imo more) of the people who gamble on sports over time

lose and that for reasons stated, one has a much better chance of succeeding over time in the stock market as long as the money is invested in good

proven companies and using a long term perspective.

Obviously this rules out penny stocks which by and large equate to pure gambling as well as buying put and call options, where desired results must occur

during a limited time frame to be successful-if not one loses-it is that simple.

As the articles say and/or imply, sports gambling to a great extent revolves around instant gratification mentality, that is betting on a game or games

and knowing within a few hours if you won or lost.

I am sure that there are lots of folks who would dispute that and say that they are betting on games to win over the long haul and don't have the

instant gratification mentality.

To that I say that imo it may be true for some folks but not the overwhelming who gamble just as much to get their highs when they win(and lows

when they lose) as for winning actual money-in short imo in general there is a widespread psychological atmosphere which surrounds betting on sports.

As one who has both gambled on sports and invested in the market for many years, I don't think in general that the same instant gratification

mentality applies to the mature and experienced investor, who looks at matters with a much longer perspective and attitude.

Imo this in itself gives the advantage to the investor over many sports gamblers who are not so patient and who will resort to such things as chasing their

losses and other impulsive actions which will just did the hole deeper-in short and to be blunt, no money management.

In addition and very importantly, as both the articles state and what I stated yesterday, money lost on betting on a game is lost forever whereas money

lost on an investment is not lost or won for that matter until it is sold-huge difference to say the least.

That is all that I am going to say about sports betting vs the stock market per se as it highlights what I deem to be the most important.

Again I suggest you read the two articles for more points and explanations.

As far as the difference between using a sports service as opposed to using an investment services as a tool, I am going to make a few points using

Northcoast as an example because I know so much about them from so many years of having followed them as well as documenting their record for the

last three and an half years, and comparing them to my own investment firm which I have used for a number of years.

Keep in mind that what I am going to say about NC imo does apply to most sports services.

First of all the mindset of NC as a business is to sell picks and information out of the zillion types or procucts they peddle.

I am not going to rehash all of the reasons why I disagree with their total modus operandi, as by this time anyone who has read my posts

here over the last few months knows where and why I am coming from.

Basically imo NC is a mass marketing operation which relies on saying anything which will get people to buy their picks while leaving out or at least

minimizing anything negative which will detract from this-this involves their record keeping, promotions, and overall hype-you all now how I view this

if you have read my previous posts.

Along the same lines, NC plays to the instant gratification mode of thinking, which they view as prevalent among most gamblers.

I can't remember the last time they pumped their Yearly Executive Service which goes for around $4500-

it goes along with the instant gratification weekly or even daily mentality in addition to the fact that virtually no one is going to

shell out $4500 on the spots for picks which lose or at best break even most of the time.

Also, when they lose, I have never once heard Todd, Phil Steele(who did the comp. line for a long time) or any of the other guys who have done the comp.

line over the years ever show any empathy for those who lost.

At best we hear the word "disappointing" when they have a bad day or weekend, and then immediately they start up with the next

pump for upcoming action for the day or week.

With my investment firm(not to brag buy one of the highest rated and most consistent ones over time), it is entirely different.

Their focus is on the long term with a ZERO instant gratification mentality, and it has paid off quite well for me.

Just like sports services they do obviously have some losers, and will sell if the reasons they purchased a stock in the first place.

At that point they will either buy something else or put the proceeds in a money market until they are ready tp buy something else.

In addition they have a personal investment set up for me based on my overall philosophy and risk taking.

I also have a personal adviser with whom I consult periodically to discuss matters, possible changes, etc.

With my investment firm the philosophy is diversification to minimize losses in case a particular investment turns bad-no zillion star can miss locks here. lol

To be fair though to NC at least they have a fair rating system from 205 with their rated plays and that's it.

One big and important difference though between my investment firm(or any good one) is that they use diversification to limit risk whereas NC

uses their diversification( a ton of separate types of picks, clubs, newsletters, etc.) not to limit risk but rather only to put the odds in their favor so

that they can find something to brag about if it wins-big difference for sure.

Also, unlike a sports service, I get a monthly statement from my investment firm which shows the new balance, the previous balance,

how every stock has done during the month and changes made.

Unlike Phil Steele/NC when they have a bad month with their picks,(and it does happen on occasion), my stock statement

doesn't focus on /brag about ONLY the stocks which have gone up during the time frame but clearly shows what has gone down and the entire picture.

Listen to Todd on comp. line sometime and you get an entirely different modus operandi which in a slick, deceptive and overall dishonest way focuses basically

on the winning stuff only with the hopes and expectations that it will fly, and folks will conclude that they are winning big time overall with just about everything, which

of course is a sheer lie and bullshit, which I have documented over the last three and a half years and a lot longer than that in reality.

Yes it is true that I pay my investment firm a total of 1% to manage my portfolio(twice a year at .5 % with the balance of the portfolio on given dates

used to determine their fee).

The fee isn't chicken feed when one has a large account as I do, but then again they have produced great results which make the fee in comparison tiny and

overall well worth it.

Compare that with NC, which has lost folks around 22K for a non PS subscriber over the last three and a half years which includes roughly about $18000 paid in fees.

With no fees considered, they have still lost around 4K with their Late Phone picks over that time-that in itself speaks volumes.

I could go on, but there is no point, as I have stated what I deem to be most important here and why my bets are tiny in comparison to what I could bet

if I wanted to.

In short at this point in my life I would rather invest most of significant and available money in the stock market with a highly respected investment service

where the odds are with me than with gambling "investing" it in sports gambling where I have a 90% or so chance of losing over the long haul

whether I do it on my own, with the overwhelming number of generally recognized sports services or those who are simply everyday folks

who choose to call themselves sports service or a combination of both.

Once again thanks to all who took the trouble to read this dissertation, and as always, feel to disagree and/or add any commentary which you deem to be relevant.

Tokens
I skimmed the dissertation, but agree with the synopsis of stocks vs gambling. That being said, NC is a marketing firm that is trying to make money as the same as other sports services. You already agreed that you would not give money back on losses so why should NC or any other sports service? Hypochrisy at its best. lol. You haven't posted the plays in a timely manner so it is difficult to fade or follow and maximize what you are trying to do. You say the reporting from NC is redundant, but so are most of your weekly posts summarizing and analyzing. You do what you want to do and be happy. In my younger years when I did not invest, I used to get calls from brokers all the time. I used to tell them that I gambed on sports instead of investing in the market and that my long term investing was that if a game went to overtime. They usually hung up.

Tokens
I skimmed the dissertation, but agree with the synopsis of stocks vs gambling. That being said, NC is a marketing firm that is trying to make money as the same as other sports services. You already agreed that you would not give money back on losses so why should NC or any other sports service? Hypochrisy at its best. lol. You haven't posted the plays in a timely manner so it is difficult to fade or follow and maximize what you are trying to do. You say the reporting from NC is redundant, but so are most of your weekly posts summarizing and analyzing. You do what you want to do and be happy. In my younger years when I did not invest, I used to get calls from brokers all the time. I used to tell them that I gambed on sports instead of investing in the market and that my long term investing was that if a game went to overtime. They usually hung up.

I tried to explain why sports services and investment firms are entirely different animals with entirely differently philosophies of investing.

To be blunt, for one to lose almost $1300 on a Sunday with money gone/lost forever and then to be asked to pay another $20 for Monday night imo is just plain

cheap and disgusting, and one reason among many why NC/Phil Steele have plummeted from grace, and why virtually no one buys their picks and thus why the picks

are no longer readily available.

Your not being able to play or fade the plays and the lateness may be your personal modus operandi but not my primary intent for starting

and maintaining this thread.

Also and as stated previously and in any case, it is not my fault in any case.

If anything it is a sign of the times and how far the overall interest in the NC picks have fallen.

Also if you have noticed, many times recently I do not parrot back the entire message on given days of the week precisely because it does not change.

Instead I have merely stated/implied that if the message has not changed, that it is the same and will not go over it again-lets tell the entire truth here.

If you feel I am redundant and/ or am not interested in what I have to say, then ignore the thread.

The fact that I am closing in on 10000 hits or about 175 a day in less than two months tells me that I must be saying something in which people

are interested-that's good enough for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DundadaReturns
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com