Do Many Out There Still Believe Lebron James Is Better Than Michael Jordan?

Search

Tokens
I'll say this....

Where Dwight Howard ends up deciding to play for the next 5 years probably determines LeBrons legacy as much as anything. Dwight for all his flaws is 1 of a kind in the NBA right now and if he goes to the right team it could definitely give the Heat problems.

LJ's legacy went down the shitter the minute he, Bosh and Wade devised a plan years ago to screw over the Cavaliers. Him joining the Heat was about the worst thing he could do for his image and legacy and then actually claim the "decision" just came to him? Did he take us as villiage idiots?

powdered milkman
Tokens
LJ's legacy went down the shitter the minute he, Bosh and Wade devised a plan years ago to screw over the Cavaliers. Him joining the Heat was about the worst thing he could do for his image and legacy and then actually claim the "decision" just came to him? Did he take us as villiage idiots?

if the guy stays in cleveland and wins nothing he has the no championship tag (ala barkley) he makes a move to maybe win 3 or 4 and gets crucified...no win spot for him for any folks that dont like him

Tokens
if the guy stays in cleveland and wins nothing he has the no championship tag (ala barkley) he makes a move to maybe win 3 or 4 and gets crucified...no win spot for him for any folks that dont like him

Who's to say he wins nothing at Cleveland? They were one piece away from winning it all. Not a no win at all. That move to Miami took him from one of the most well-liked athletes to easily one of the most hated over night. Even if he wins now, people will always hate him for the way he portrayed himself before during and after that interview. Bonds and Owens...two of the most talented athletes in their respective sports but nobody cares because they're such jackasses. LJ really can't do anything the rest of his career. He will always be the bad guy because of that move. That's his legacy.

powdered milkman
Tokens
Who's to say he wins nothing at Cleveland? They were one piece away from winning it all. Not a no win at all. That move to Miami took him from one of the most well-liked athletes to easily one of the most hated over night. Even if he wins now, people will always hate him for the way he portrayed himself before during and after that interview. Bonds and Owens...two of the most talented athletes in their respective sports but nobody cares because they're such jackasses. LJ really can't do anything the rest of his career. He will always be the bad guy because of that move. That's his legacy.
8 seasons is long enough to keep waiting for the one piece...

Tokens

He spent 7 seasons there and they were not 1 piece away from winning it all. Also considering their cap situation wasn't very good it would of been a big risk for him to re-up there for another few years.

MJ had Pippen, Rodman
Bird had McHale, Parish, DJohnson
Magic had Kareem, Worthy

While "The Decision" was pathetic, all LeBron did was want to go to a team where he could try to win a title. He knew Celts/Lakers/Thunder/Bulls/Heat and even Knicks were going to be formidable and he couldn't win in Cleveland. Ultimately he made the right career move, although some of his actions were bad so people like you will rip him for it for awhile but if he gets some rings it'll be worth it.

Can you tell me how he "screwed over" the Cavs? Hes a free agent, their owner doesn't literally OWN him. He can go wherever he wants and most of us if we were 26 year old in demand elite athletes would go Miami over Cleveland.

Tokens
8 seasons is long enough to keep waiting for the one piece...

Come on steak let's be real here. They had nothing when they drafted him hence the reason for the #1 pick in the draft. It takes awhile to build a championship. Played for one and best record last year. They were close. He gave up.

Tokens
He spent 7 seasons there and they were not 1 piece away from winning it all. Also considering their cap situation wasn't very good it would of been a big risk for him to re-up there for another few years.

MJ had Pippen, Rodman
Bird had McHale, Parish, DJohnson
Magic had Kareem, Worthy

While "The Decision" was pathetic, all LeBron did was want to go to a team where he could try to win a title. He knew Celts/Lakers/Thunder/Bulls/Heat and even Knicks were going to be formidable and he couldn't win in Cleveland. Ultimately he made the right career move, although some of his actions were bad so people like you will rip him for it for awhile but if he gets some rings it'll be worth it.

Can you tell me how he "screwed over" the Cavs? Hes a free agent, their owner doesn't literally OWN him. He can go wherever he wants and most of us if we were 26 year old in demand elite athletes would go Miami over Cleveland.

How were they not one piece away? They had the best record in the NBA last year. They were one shooter away from playing for it all again.

He screwed over the Cavs because he knew years ago what the plan was and all along and he dragged this thing out like Cleveland actually had a chance of having him. He brought the fans and kids and ownership right along with him knowing full well he was leaving. Why not just say a year ago that he's leaving so they can attempt to trade him or get something in return? He played the fans and the franchise that drafted him and molded him into the player he is today. He turned his back on his hometown telling them all along they had a chance but knowing full well they didn't. It was pure betrayal.

Tokens
How were they not one piece away? They had the best record in the NBA last year. They were one shooter away from playing for it all again.

He screwed over the Cavs because he knew years ago what the plan was and all along and he dragged this thing out like Cleveland actually had a chance of having him. He brought the fans and kids and ownership right along with him knowing full well he was leaving. Why not just say a year ago that he's leaving so they can attempt to trade him or get something in return? He played the fans and the franchise that drafted him and molded him into the player he is today. He turned his back on his hometown telling them all along they had a chance but knowing full well they didn't. It was pure betrayal.

I strongly disagree about them being 1 shooter away. Very good reg season team but they were extremely flawed defensively when it came to defending good teams. Varejao and LeBron were their only good defenders really (Mo and Jamison terrible on D)

As far as him screwing the Cavs, I don't think he owes the city anything. He became a free agent and left, guys do it in sports all the time. How do you know he wouldn't of stayed? Are you inside his mind or something? If the team was better maybe he would've stayed but it wasn't and he's 8 years in and his prime ain't gonna last forever.

This whole notion he "owes" cleveland something is ridiculous to me. If he blows his knee out, do they owe him another contract? There is no loyalty in sports, athletes are hired guns by owners and where they want to be a hired gun is entirely up to them. This whole pure betrayal thing is such a joke.

Its not his fault Cleveland is adump of an old rust belt city because manufacturing jobs are leaving in droves. It isn't 1 athletes job to resurrect a city and the mood of that city ebbs and flows based on decision he makes. I love sports and I love the NBA but its entertainment and he owes Cleveland NOTHING. IMO

Tokens
After Lebron runs over the Bulls and whoever they play in the finals all of you guys will be jumping on the lebron wagon. When you're talking about pure talent and skill combined with all around game this guy is the best I've ever seen.

When he does it 6 times then we can begin the conversation.

Tokens
The only argument incompatision here is who might win 1 on 1 in there prime assuming this is lentils now I still think Jordan be close but complete game Jordan has much more than him especially D it's great espn makes Kenton look like a hall of famer already with those backboard blocks but come on.

Cleveland should have atleast one title by lebrons end each year for the past 5 there has Been 1maybe two teams tigons Cleveland trouble and last year they had all the pieces and then some shaq is still shaq at that age and they two cusp all stars besides Lebron playin. He simply couldn't get it done

Hes going to win 1-2 titles atleast because at this point the nbareally is starting to look like the wwe and there really is only about 3-5 teams thatcan challenge them assuming they don't win it this year
I do agree his legacy is going to be the decision and his assholeness nomatter how muchhe wins now

Tokens
The only argument incompatision here is who might win 1 on 1 in there prime assuming this is lentils now I still think Jordan be close but complete game Jordan has much more than him especially D it's great espn makes Kenton look like a hall of famer already with those backboard blocks but come on.

Cleveland should have atleast one title by lebrons end each year for the past 5 there has Been 1maybe two teams tigons Cleveland trouble and last year they had all the pieces and then some shaq is still shaq at that age and they two cusp all stars besides Lebron playin. He simply couldn't get it done

Hes going to win 1-2 titles atleast because at this point the nbareally is starting to look like the wwe and there really is only about 3-5 teams thatcan challenge them assuming they don't win it this year
I do agree his legacy is going to be the decision and his assholeness nomatter how muchhe wins now

Tokens
I wrote that fast from my iPhone since I'm in a long long drive so the damn auto spell fucked up a lot sorry

Tokens
I strongly disagree about them being 1 shooter away. Very good reg season team but they were extremely flawed defensively when it came to defending good teams. Varejao and LeBron were their only good defenders really (Mo and Jamison terrible on D)

As far as him screwing the Cavs, I don't think he owes the city anything. He became a free agent and left, guys do it in sports all the time. How do you know he wouldn't of stayed? Are you inside his mind or something? If the team was better maybe he would've stayed but it wasn't and he's 8 years in and his prime ain't gonna last forever.

This whole notion he "owes" cleveland something is ridiculous to me. If he blows his knee out, do they owe him another contract? There is no loyalty in sports, athletes are hired guns by owners and where they want to be a hired gun is entirely up to them. This whole pure betrayal thing is such a joke.

Its not his fault Cleveland is adump of an old rust belt city because manufacturing jobs are leaving in droves. It isn't 1 athletes job to resurrect a city and the mood of that city ebbs and flows based on decision he makes. I love sports and I love the NBA but its entertainment and he owes Cleveland NOTHING. IMO

Think you're missing my point. He KNEW years ago he was leaving. It's well documented that he hatched this plan with Wade and Bosh years ago. Why not just say it so the fans are not left with the suspense of not knowing? He was a coward for not saying it earlier and knew what would happen. He made it worse by stringing the city along all the way to the end only to make them look like fools on national television.

He was a free agent and I agree with you that it's his right to leave. By god, get what you can but there's a reason some athletes are considered great while others are considered classless. This is a prime example of a guy doing everything wrong and he absolutely destroyed his image.

No matter how many rings he wins from here on out his legacy will always be the guy that hatched a free agent plan, made the fans look like idiots on national television and is the #1 hated man in all of the NBA.

Tokens
Think you're missing my point. He KNEW years ago he was leaving. It's well documented that he hatched this plan with Wade and Bosh years ago. Why not just say it so the fans are not left with the suspense of not knowing? He was a coward for not saying it earlier and knew what would happen. He made it worse by stringing the city along all the way to the end only to make them look like fools on national television.

He was a free agent and I agree with you that it's his right to leave. By god, get what you can but there's a reason some athletes are considered great while others are considered classless. This is a prime example of a guy doing everything wrong and he absolutely destroyed his image.

No matter how many rings he wins from here on out his legacy will always be the guy that hatched a free agent plan, made the fans look like idiots on national television and is the #1 hated man in all of the NBA.

If you think thats always going to be his legacy your nuts. Kobe was on trial for rape and its become a mere footnote in his career. LeBron will always be polarizing like Kobe, but to say a FA decision ruined his legacy, c'mon now....

Did Jim Brown ruin his legacy for beating his wife and doing jail time? Also who cares if he led the city on? What was he supposed to do say he is leaving during his last year there? Yeah I'm sure that would've been great for team chemistry.

Tokens
If you think thats always going to be his legacy your nuts. Kobe was on trial for rape and its become a mere footnote in his career. LeBron will always be polarizing like Kobe, but to say a FA decision ruined his legacy, c'mon now....

Did Jim Brown ruin his legacy for beating his wife and doing jail time? Also who cares if he led the city on? What was he supposed to do say he is leaving during his last year there? Yeah I'm sure that would've been great for team chemistry.

Bird - They built a championship
Jordan - They built a championship
I. Thomas - They built a championship
M Johnson - They built a championship
Hakeem - They built a championship
Duncan - They built a championship
L James - Trying to buy a championship

Isn't it strange how all the greats on this list got drafted by their respective teams, remained on those teams through good and bad times and helped build the team into greatness? What is the name that doesn't fit on that list?

This is why he will never be on their level of greatness. It is what it is.

Tokens
Bird - They built a championship
Jordan - They built a championship
I. Thomas - They built a championship
M Johnson - They built a championship
Hakeem - They built a championship
Duncan - They built a championship
L James - Trying to buy a championship

Isn't it strange how all the greats on this list got drafted by their respective teams, remained on those teams through good and bad times and helped build the team into greatness? What is the name that doesn't fit on that list?

This is why he will never be on their level of greatness. It is what it is.

LeBron did stay with the Cavs for 7 years. How long did you want him to stay? Forever? Thats like 1/2 his career. Not his fault Cle is a shitty city and their front office is incompetent. You would've left too.

is Shaq not on their level of greatness? He left Orlando for LAL

Tokens
LeBron did stay with the Cavs for 7 years. How long did you want him to stay? Forever? Thats like 1/2 his career. Not his fault Cle is a shitty city and their front office is incompetent. You would've left too.

is Shaq not on their level of greatness? He left Orlando for LAL

How long did the other guys stay PatsFan? They took their franchises from mediocrity to greatness which is what he could've done. I name seven of the greatest players of all time and you name one guy that left that is even remotely close to their level? Uh..ok.

Tokens
Well, I don't think I'm going to change your mind.

If those guys weren't already on very good teams, they may not of stayed. Don't forget when Duncan re-signed his extension after '01, he did so for 3 years to see if SAS would be good post-DRob then they got Parker/Ginobili and they were. If they weren't I think he probably leaves.

As far as the others, Pippen/McHale/Kareem etc is a lot more help than Bron had.

I'm not going to change your mind and I don't even really like LeBron that much but most of this just seems obvious to me.

Tokens

Im not sure how it is you think lebron is the most hated man in the NBA. his jersey was the #1 selling jersey in the NBA this year. So i guess all those fans bought it because they hate him so much? As far as him leaving. The guy not only played out his first contract but then he resigned with the team again. So after playing out 2 contracts he left because A. he lived in one of the worst cities in the world, B. his owner is a complete idiot, C. he had no talent around him. (Cavs won 61 games with him last year and 19 without him this year)

Instead of hating him cleveland should be thanking him for making them a relevant franchise for 7 years. Maybe if ownership and managment had any competence what so ever he would still be there. Do you know why Kobe, Duncan ect stayed at their respective teams? Its because ownership put guys around them that could play not guys like Anderson Varejao, (a man who looks suspiciosly like side show bob from the simpsons) and the like. If cleveland brings in a kevin garnett and paul pierce ala Boston or lamar odem and pau gasol ala Lakers than James would still be there, but no, their big move was to bring in 37 year old shaq who had missed 110 games in the 3 previous years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invoicetemple05
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com