? (TMT) The Money Team Wins NCAA BK (Over 35 Years Of Picking Winners)

Search

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Tuesday NCAA March Madness

March Madness 1-2 (33%)
Regular Season YTD
157-117 (57%)

SE Missouri State +3.5 (LOST)
Pittsburgh +2.5 (
WON)
Colorado -4 (
LOST)

TMT Brooklyn Legend.png

@TMTWMoney

TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Wednesday NCAA March Madness

March Madness 2-3
Regular Season YTD 157-117 (57%)

UCF +3 (BIG SU WIN 67-49)

I expect UCF to be much more excited about the opportunity to face Florida in the NIT than the Gators will be to meet them. Without Castleton, the Gators are weaker on both ends of the floor and have a tough matchup against a solid defensive UCF squad that also shoots better from the perimeter. I will take the points with UCF.

UC Irvine +7 (LOST)

This one is a bit of a head scratcher as UC Irvine has already spanked Oregon this season, at home. Granted, it was back in November, but you can't tell me that doesn't give US Irvine a mental advantage heading into this one. The line then was 15.5 points and this line is lower, but it's still a 9 point spread. That is way too much. UC Irvine has the size to match up with Dante and Oregon and they are an excellent three point shooting team. Also, the Ducks are 2-6 against the spread in their last 8 games overall while the Anteaters are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games following three or more consecutive home games. Take UC Irvine here getting the points.

@TMTWMoney
TMTSports@yahoo.com

1678937551195.png

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Thursday NCAA March Madness

March Madness 4-4

Furman +6 (WON SU 68-67)

It's been 43 years since Furman has been to the big dance, and they won't take a second of this moment for granted. The Paladins have the ingredients needed for a good Cinderella story. They can shoot the lights out, they rebound well and are led by two five-year seniors that can play on both ends of the floor.

Most brackets have the Cavaliers advancing beyond the first round due to their notoriety and past success, but Virginia has also been on the wrong side of some historic upsets, including their 2018 loss as a No. 1 seed to No. 16 seed to the University of Maryland Baltimore County. The Paladins are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 games against winning teams, and I will take them to cover and sprinkle something on an outright money line win as well.

Charleston +5.5 (LOST 63-57)

San Diego State is on a roll, but five of their last nine wins have been decided by five points or less. On the other side, Charleston has played 34 games this season with only three losses, and two came by four points or less.

I like San Diego State to advance to round two, but I expect this to be one of those tough 5 vs. 12 matchups. The Aztecs are more battle-tested, but Charleston is a formidable opponent with wins over Colorado State, Virginia Tech, and Kent State. I will back Charleston to keep this game within five points.

Duke -6 (BIG WIN 74-51)

Oral Roberts has had a great run winning all 21 Summit League games, including the tournament, but Duke is in a different class. The closet comparison that Oral Roberts has faced this season was Houston, and they lost that game by 38 points.

The Blue Devils freshman have shown growth and are playing their best basketball at the right time. Duke also has the size and length to shut down Oral Robert's big man Connor Vanover and slow down the Oral Roberts offense overall. On the other end, Oral Roberts will struggle to stop the Blue Devils' offense in key situations. I am backing Duke to win this game by at least nine points.

@TMTWMoney

TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Friday NCAA March Madness

March Madness 6-6

UCSB +10 (LOST)

UCSB and Baylor are built similarly, with offense coming first, but Baylor is just better on both ends of the floor. Yet, the Gauchos are 5-0 on neutral courts and 4-0-1 ATS in those contests. They should be able to score on Baylor's defense and keep up because Baylor certainly should get good looks against UCSB. Considering the Gauchos have been hot lately and shouldn't have their strong offense nullified, I expect them to make a game out of this. Take UCSB to cover again.

Creighton -5 (WON)

If both sides were at full strength, I think Creighton would dominate, but with the Wolfpack potentially missing a starter, even if he doesn't play extensive minutes, I don't see this being close. Creighton's offense can match NC State's in terms of output, and the Bluejays' defense is much harder to score on. Creighton also protects the basketball well, which should limit any easy transition points the Wolfpack could pick up off turnovers. Ryan Kalkbrenner's size and skill should give the Wolfpack fits, and I see Creighton cruising into the next round. Take the Bluejays to cover.

Gonzaga -15.5 (LOST)

Their recent performance ATS in the NCAA Tournament isn't pretty, as they've gone 0-5-0 ATS in their past five March Madness games, but I think the skid stops with this one. Gonzaga's offense should feast against the Grand Canyon defense, and from there it's just about preventing them from going on a big run. Both teams are hot, but Gonzaga is dominating right now and plays GCU's offense-first style better. The Bulldogs are also far more experienced. I think Gonzaga dominates and advances.

Arizona State +5 (WON)

This game should be a defensive struggle, with both defenses phenomenal at getting stops. I think that Arizona State will keep this game close because they don't commit many turnovers, which should force TCU's offense to work hard for every point. While the Sun Devils' offensive inefficiencies may come back and bite them, based on how they played on Wednesday that may not be an issue. These schools play a similar style as high-tempo, defense-first squads, and with neither shooting well from the charity stripe, I don't think there will be much separation either way in this one. Don't be surprised if this one comes down to the final shot.

@TMTWMoney
TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Saturday NCAA March Madness

March Madness 9-8

Indiana State -11 (LOST)

The South Carolina Upstate Spartans are a mediocre squad. They only posted a record one game above the .500 mark. The Indiana State Sycamores went 20-11 and found a groove late in the season, winning seven of their last nine regular season games. Indiana State went deep in the MVC Tourney.

Furthermore, USC Upstate is one of the worst offensive squads in the country. They are only averaging 99 points per 100 possessions, pegging them 294th in all of DI. Indiana State is superior in the offensive end, posting 110.4 points per 100, a big difference of 11 points. The Sycamores are also allowing 3.3 fewer points per 100 possessions and are also the better rebounding squad.

Duke -3 (
LOST)

I'm extremely high on Duke, as I have the Blue Devils in the Final Four in my Winners and Whiners Bracket. Duke is playing its best basketball right now, as its group of freshmen is pulling it together on both ends of the floor. On the other side, I am not very high on Tennessee, as the injury of Zakai Zeigler has clearly weakened the Vols. Zeigler was a high-level perimeter defender, and the Tennessee offense didn't have enough depth to compensate for his absence. I like Duke by at least six points.

Charlotte -6 (
WON)

Charlotte was 9-2 outside of Conference USA play and 8-3-0 ATS in that portion of their schedule. Getting back to playing non-conference rivals, especially an enemy in a weaker conference on paper, will probably be a breath of fresh air for the 49ers. Looking at the numbers, Charlotte should have the edge on both ends of the floor in this contest. They've struggled to finish lately, but I think they'll be up by enough where there won't be pressure on strong closing possessions. I trust Charlotte to cover.

Penn State +5.5 (
WON)

I can't turn away from a Penn State team that has thrived in close games down the stretch. Penn State is 5-0 ATS in their last five games and have gone 9-0 ATS in their last nine games as the underdog. In addition, Penn State has won six of its last seven games against tournament teams and covered the spread in each game. Further, the veteran Penn State team is not easily rattled and performs well above average in neutral site games. Penn State is 9-1 ATS in its last ten neutral site games. I expect Pickett to protect the basketball and create opportunities for his teammates throughout the game. Texas, which likes to move quickly, will be forced to adjust to Penn State's methodical pace of play and I expect this game to be a one-possession contest heading into the final two minutes. With that in mind, points are critical and I will happily take the 5.5 on the board.

Northwestern +7.5 (
WON)

UCLA misses junior guard Jayden Clark (13.0 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 2.6 SPG), while freshman forward Adem Bona (7.8 PPG, 5.4 RPG) is questionable to play. The Bruins are still listed as firm favorites, and I think they won’t get past Northwestern with ease. UCLA will win on the back of its defense, but Northwestern’s D is good enough to keep this game close down the stretch.

The Wildcats’ only chance to beat UCLA is to play aggressive, physical defense. Their offense is far away from an elite level, though both Boo Buie and Chase Audige can score on their own. At least, Northwestern takes good care of the ball (12th in the nation in turnover percentage, 14.7%), and that could be crucial against the Bruins, who rank 11th in defensive turnover percentage (23.6%).

Northwestern is 7-1 ATS in its last eight outings as an underdog. On the flip side, UCLA is 5-0 ATS in its previous five showings as a favorite. The Bruins are not a great shooting team and could struggle to score in this matchup, so give me Northwestern plus the points.

@TMTWMoney

TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Sunday NCAA March Madness

March Madness 11-10

Cleveland State +1 (LOST)

Part of picking these tournament games is evaluating the strength of the conferences that each team competes in, which is one factor pointing me to Cleveland State on Sunday. The Vikings played in a tougher conference overall, and they have a big size advantage in that matchup. They rank No. 151 in average height, while Eastern Kentucky is No. 308. Cleveland State has been terrific on the offensive glass and has better shooting numbers than Eastern Kentucky overall, and I do not expect that to change given the height advantage. The Colonels have only covered the spread once in their last seven Sunday games.

Duquesne -6 (
LOST)

Both teams can flat-out score, but Duquesne is an average team on the defensive end, while Rice is very poor on the defensive end. When the Dukes have won down the stretch, they have been dominant more often than not, with 10 of their last 11 wins coming by at least nine points or more. When Rice losses, they tend to lose big, with four of their previous five losses coming by 16 points or more. I will take Duquesne to roll.

Creighton +1 (
BIG WIN)

Does Baylor have anyone that can stop Ryan Kalkbrenner? Unlike NC State, they have the size, with starter Flo Thamba, but I don't think he's good enough to hang with Kalkbrenner. If he gets in foul trouble, Baylor's options are either a freshman or a size mismatch. Unlike certain schools, Creighton knows how to feed their big men when they've got a good matchup. Then there's Creighton's three-point shooting, which is due to improve significantly from their Thursday performance. Baylor's defense is much worse than Creighton's, and their offensive output won't be able to offset that against another dangerous offensive squad. The spread is only one point, so the best value is in taking Creighton to win straight up.

Utah Valley +4 (
BIG SU WIN)

This one feels like an upset to me. Utah Valley is an excellent team that should have been playing in the NCAA tournament. They get a low seed because of their relatively easy conference, but they are a better team than Colorado. Utah Valley destroyed a good New Mexico team while Colorado barely survived against a Seton Hall squad that really struggled down the stretch. Ultimately, Utah Valley's size will be too much for Colorado to handle as they rank second in the nation in rebounds and first in blocked shots. Also, the Wolverines are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 road games versus a team with a winning home record. I like Utah Valley to win outright, so take them getting the points.

@TMTWMoney
TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Monday NCAA March Madness

March Madness 11-12

Indiana State -7 (LOST)

Looking at these teams, the greatest difference between them is on offense. They both play at a high tempo, rebounded well against their conference competition, and know how to stifle opposing offenses. However, Indiana State is typically efficient, hitting almost half of their shots and taking advantage of free throws. Eastern Kentucky is not, only hitting 43.5% of their field goals and missing nearly 35% of their free throws. Expect Indiana State's offense to make the difference in this one when they beat the spread.

San Jose State -6 (
LOST)

Taking San Jose State to cover their spread in this one for a couple of reasons. The Spartans are the better team overall, ranking better overall and in terms of both offensive and defensive efficiency according to Ken Pom in comparison to Radford. In addition, the Spartans have had better luck with the spread as of late, as they have covered in five of their past six games, while Radford has failed to cover in five of their past seven games. San Jose State has a slight edge on the offensive end, which should bode well for them in this one. In a game that will involve momentum in pace throughout, expect the Spartans to play well and excel on the offensive side of the ball. The Highlanders have failed to cover in four of their past five games following a win, and for these reasons, I am confident in taking the Spartans to cover their spread in this one.

@TMTWMoney
TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens

Recap 3-1

March Madness 14-13

North Texas +4.5 (WON SU)

Both of these teams are playing well right now, but North Texas is 13-2 in their last 15 games, including blowout wins in each of their two wins in this tournament. OSU beat a solid Youngstown State team and then East Washington in their first two games, but the Cowboys only beat Youngstown State by five points. In addition, North Texas has gone 10-3 ATS in the last 13 games and is 5-1 SU in the last six games on the road. While Oklahoma State has bounced back to win four of five, the Cowboys did close the season losing four out of their last six games. Go with the hot hand in this one.

Southern Utah -4 (
LOST)

I like the Thunderbirds to win convincingly in this spot. As of yet, Southern Utah’s offense hasn’t been nearly as effective as its defense has been in the two wins. And yet, the Thunderbirds are clearly the more explosive offensive team in this matchup. I expect Southern Utah to push the tempo and create better shot opportunities while breaking out of its mini-funk offensively. EKU has already allowed a team to shoot over 50% in the tournament and, against a team playing as well defensively as Southern Utah, that kind of defense will spell defeat.

Southern Utah Over 152 (
BIG WIN 214 POINTS)

Both of these teams want to push the ball. Eastern Kentucky ranks 44th in Adjusted Tempo according to Ken Pom, while the Thunderbirds are at 16th. Eastern Kentucky has gone over in three straight games and has averaged 81.5 points in their last four games. Southern Utah has gone over in three of their last four games and five of their last seven.

Wisconsin +3 (
WON)

This will be a tough matchup for the Ducks, who could be without their top three players. Although it's tough to back a team in that situation, Oregon has been extremely impressive shorthanded through their first NIT wins.

As impressive as the Ducks have been, I can see so many different scenarios playing out where the Badgers either win or keep this game within five points. Wisconsin has had some extremely close losses this season, including falling to Kansas by only one point earlier this season. Also, five of the most recent six losses for Wisconsin have either come in overtime or been decided by two points or less during regulation. Oregon is one of those teams that can make you look bad either way as a sports bettor. When the Ducks are on, they are very good, but they also have been inconsistent throughout the season.

@TMTWMoney

TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Wednesday NCAA March Madness

Recap 1-2

March Madness 15-15

UAB ML -110 (WON)

If previous performances are any indication, UAB should kill the Commodores in rebounding, particularly offensively which will lead to ample second-chance scoring opportunities. It nearly sank Vanderbilt against Michigan, and I think it will this time. The Blazers have a tougher defense than the Commodores and an offense that can keep up with them. Even on the road, I'm expecting UAB to win, and with the spread only at one point, the money line is the best option.

UAB Over 152.5 (LOST 126 POINTS)

UAB has been one of the fastest-paced teams all season and that pace hasn't been slowed. Even if Vanderbilt chooses to slow the game down, the Blazers are coming off a 77-point performance on just 65 possessions. Vanderbilt has routinely taken care of the ball and their 37th-ranked field goal attempt rate will keep the shot volume high here. With face pace expected and both squads inside the top 50 in field goal attempt rate, expect points. The play is the over.

Utah Valley Over 147 (LOST 142 POINTS)

These two teams have been putting up the points in the postseason. Cincinnati has averaged 73 points per game in their four games, including scoring just 48 against top-ranked Houston in the AAC Tourney. Utah Valley has averaged 81 points per game over their last four games, so combined these teams have given us 154 points per game on average. The Bearcats have scored 79-or-more in five of their last seven games and have had 16 of their games go over this season. The Wolverines have scored 81 or more in three straight games and four of their last five. These teams are also considered high-tempo offenses with Ken Pom ranking Cincinnati 114th in their tempo ratings and Utah Valley 43rd. With both teams shooting over 50% in their last games and the points they’ve been putting up at the end of the season, I expect that to continue.

@TMTWMoney

TMTSports@yahoo.com

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Thursday NCAA March Madness

Recap 1-2 +$400

March Madness 16-17

Regular Season YTD
157-117 (57%)

1K Michigan State Under 138 (LOST)

Not sure that great offensive production continues for 40 minutes for the Wildcats, especially since this Spartans' defense has already looked fantastic. Michigan State has cashed an under ticket in both of their games, and at least the first game fit with the Spartans' 9-11 O/U history this year when priced as the favorite.
With a berth to the Elite Eight on the line, guys are going to trust to be able to control what they can control, and the top thing on that list is bringing energy on defense. Shots may not always be falling, but if you can be focused and engaged on every defensive possession, the opponent is going to have a tough time seeing enough shots fall to beat you. Both of these teams are very good in that regard, and it should be a game where neither side gets to 70 without a special offensive night by a guy or two. Give me the under.

4K Connecticut -4 (
BIG WIN)

The Huskies do just about everything that the Razorbacks want to do but better. They're ranked much better in effective field goal percentage (33rd vs 128th) and shooting efficiency (32nd vs 136th), as well as opponents' effective field goal percentage (11th vs 24th) and opponent shooting efficiency (37th vs 62nd). UConn is also the stronger rebounding team both offensively (3rd vs 100th) and defensively (19th vs 103rd). They average fewer personal fouls and turnovers as well. The Huskies are on a 7-1 run ATS over their last eight games and are 6-1 ATS versus teams with winning percentages over .600. The advantage in average score margin (+13.8 vs +6.9) of +6.9 for Connecticut says a lot about the relative strength of these two rosters.

2K UCLA ML -123 (
LOST)

Ignoring Gonzaga's ATS slide in NCAA Tournament games, I believe that UCLA is flat-out better than the Bulldogs. UCLA has an elite defense that has held five straight opponents under 70 points along with a playstyle that can limit Gonzaga's tempo. While their offense isn't as explosive as Gonzaga's, they are efficient and don't give away many possessions. The Bruins are also 5-1-1 ATS in their last seven games. I think that UCLA continues to play well and advances to the Elite Eight.

@TMTWMoney

TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Friday NCAA March Madness

Recap 1-1 +$1,900

March Madness 17-18

Regular Season YTD
157-117 (57%)

1K ALAMABA -7 (LOST)

San Diego State is facing the biggest challenge of its season, and Alabama will be too deep and powerful to lose this game. San Diego State's strength is its defense, but Alabama also has enough weapons in Miller, Sears, Clowney, and Quinerly to counter that strength. The Aztecs cannot expect to slow down all four Alabama stars. Also, we know San Diego State's strength is its elite defense, but Alabama has an even better defense. The Aztecs have the 5th most efficient defense in the nation, but Alabama is ranked 3rd. San Diego State does not have the firepower outside of Bradley to score well against this strong of a defense. Miller and Clowney take away any easy looks at the rim with their length, then get out fast in transition making it hard for defenses to get set. The Aztecs were favorites in their first two, but their run will end Friday against this powerful Alabama squad.

3K MIAMI +7.5 (
SU BIG WIN)

These teams do have a history, having faced each other 14 times in the past, but the last meeting came back in 1971. This season the teams had two common opponents in Virginia and Central Florida, with Houston going 1-1 in those games and Miami going 2-0. The Hurricanes were 3-1 straight up versus ranked opponents this season and were 20-14 ATS for the season, including a 7-1 ATS record as underdogs. The Cougars went 1-1 versus ranked teams and 19-17 ATS. Both teams were massive down low in their last games and that is where this game will truly play out. The Cougars are a bit thicker in the paint, but Miami is not afraid to bang against anyone. They will also cause problems for Houston on the defensive end. Houston has not been shooting well since the regular season ended and has had a couple of scares before turning things on. They will need to fight and claw to advance and though they might, they won’t do so with the point. Miami is 5-1 ATS in their last six NCAA Tournament games and Houston is 1-6 ATS in their last seven games following an ATS win.

@TMTWMoney

TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Saturday NCAA March Madness

Recap 4-0 +$10,000 (100%)

March Madness 21-18

Regular Season YTD
157-117 (57%)

4k Connecticut -2 (WON BIG 82-54)
2k Connecticut (
FH) -1 (WON)

Gonzaga’s tendency to get off to a slow start makes the Bulldogs a terrifying betting option against a UConn team that is looking like the NCAA Tournament favorite right now. The Huskies have rolled through their first three games and have won all 15 of their non-conference games by double digits this season. Gonzaga is coming off an emotional game against UCLA, while UConn was able to cruise down the stretch, giving the Huskies an edge on Saturday night. They also have more size than Gonzaga in the paint, so this will likely be Timme’s worst game of the tournament. UConn has covered the spread in eight of its last nine games and is 12-1 in its last 13 games as a favorite.

2k Connecticut Under
154 (WON BIG 136 POINTS)
2k Connecticut (
FH) Under 72.5 (WON)

This is a high number for an Elite Eight game. Both teams have size on the inside to disrupt easy looks at the rim. UConn has gone under the total in five of their last seven games, and Gonzaga has gone under in three of their last five. This is the highest total number UConn has seen since January 25th against Xavier, showing that UConn games are not typically this high scoring. The Huskies do not play at a fast pace, their 211th-ranked tempo is evidence that they like to slow it down, utilize their post presence and work for open looks. Both teams will play cautiously and attempt to limit their turnovers on this big stage. Ultimately this number is too high, and the under is the play.

@TMTWMoney

TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens
The Money Team Wins - Sunday NCAA March Madness

Recap
2-0 +$6,000 (100%)

LAST
4 DAYS 8-3 +$18,340 (73%)

March Madness 23-18

Regular Season YTD
157-117 (57%)

2K SAN DIEGO STATE UNDER 135 (
BIG WIN 113 POINTS)

Look for San Diego State to try and make this another ugly game as they did against Alabama. I think they’ll succeed considering they’re the fourth-best team in the country defensively (90.2 opposing points per 100 possessions). The Aztecs are also 26th overall in defensive shooting, holding the opposition to a 40.7% field goal percentage. And finally, they don’t mind slowing the game down, exemplified by the fact that they’re 255th in tempo, using just 65.8 possessions per 40 minutes.

Creighton, on the other hand, is no slouch when it comes to playing defense either. They’re 14th in adjusted defensive efficiency, holding teams to 93.6 points per 100 possessions. As for defensive shooting, they’re 71st, limiting opponents to a 42.3% field goal percentage this year. All things considered, we should be in for a physical, low-scoring affair in Louisville Sunday – give me the under.

4K TEXAS OVER 149 (
BIG WIN 169 POINTS)

Both teams play moderately fast, they are in the top third of the nation in tempo with Miami ranking 92nd in tempo, and Texas ranking 100th. Another important detail is the lack of a true rim protector on either side of the floor. It will be easier than usual for guards to attack the basket and get the looks they want inside. Omier plays a lot of center for the Hurricanes at 6'7, and 6'6 Allen slides to the 5 when Texas wants to play small as well. Miami has gone over the total in three of their last four games, including the last two Tournament games. Texas is coming off of an over where the team scored 83 points against Xavier but also allowed 71. Guards will rule this game, and the pace will speed up because of it. Without rim protectors on either end, this game will go over.

@TMTWMoney

TMTSports@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Handicapper
Tokens

Recap 1-0 +$6,000 (100%)

LAST 6 DAYS 9-3 +$24,340 (77%)

March Madness 24-18 (57%)

6K NORTH TEXAS -1.5 (WON)

North Texas is a really good team. They are ranked No. 33 in the KenPom rankings and if not for a bias against mid-major teams, they probably should have been in the Big Dance. But they are showing how good they are in this tournament. This is an elite defensive team, as they only give up 55 points per game and are ranked 22nd in the country in defensive efficiency. Wisconsin is a tremendous defensive team too, ranking 23rd in efficiency. Ultimately, this will come down to rebounds and free throws, and North Texas is better on both counts. The Mean Green are 11-3 ATS in their last 14 games overall. Take North Texas here to cover.

Money,

@TMTWMoney

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenMinc
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com