Hawaii Vs Boise St......info, Insights, And Other Stuff Concerning This One......

Search

Rx Senior
Tokens
CoCap,

Thank you very much for all the information on this game. We all really appreciate the amount of work that you put in on these games. Whatever you decide to do is your business on this game, but maybe as a suggestion to everyone else; there are a lot of different games this weekend and obviously this is a game that could go either way, so do one or two things,

1.) Have a beer and watch the game in fun, (dont have to bet a game to watch it)

2.) or since i have seen nobody predicting this game to go under, then put your money on the over and root for both teams to have offensive success. Its always fun to watch a shoot out.

What ever everyone else does. . . good luck, I know my money will be on a few different game for there are to many variables in this game.

Once again Cocap, thanks for all the hard work you put into these games, and I am looking forward to your analysis of a different game this weekend.

Banned
Tokens
FYI: SOME STATS ON BOISE ST DEFENSE...

The Broncos held Fresno State to just 17 yards rushing on 17 carries. The Broncos defense had been suspect before Saturday, giving up 30.8 points per game since holding Idaho to seven points in the season opener.

---------------------------------------------------------------

KRUSER6...YOUR WELCOME...GL AND ALOHA CC.

Tokens
Hawaii Can't Stop the Run!

WoW, Co-Capt!! nice thread!!!

After all is said and done, just remember.....Hawaii Can't Stop the Run!

That being said, ball control by Boise will keep Chang on the sidelines all night long. Run left, run right, run right up the middle. Jones didn't look too happy when he found out Chad K had to have his appendix removed yesterday. Another defender (a good one too) is out of this game.

D-Line is slow, linebackers are slow, dbs are dinged up.

Chang might get his yards, but only after Boise's 3rd stringers are in the game in the 4th quarter.

Hate to say it, it won't be pretty!!

Banned
Tokens
FYI: MORE INSIGHTS AND INFO ON THIS GAME FROM OTHER KNOWLEDGEABLE CAPPERS.....NO STUPID OR WORTHLESS COMMENTS WERE MADE, AS YOU WILL SEE.:neenee: .....USE THEM TO HELP YOU OUT IN WHATEVER WAY YOU WISH....TFWIW!

forget Hawaii for sec.

--Boise struggled @ UTP won by 17 -non cover
--home vs BYU they won by 1 pt- non cover
--home vs SMU they won by 18-non cover(**** wasnt it like -38)
-@ tulsa won by 3 -non cover
then Fresno

Forget Hawaii what is Boise doing to make you think 21 points is a great bet??? In some way shape or form Hawaii will score 21-28pts minimum! Youtr saying that w/o a doubt they will score 45+pts when they barely reached taht mark twice in teh past 5 games against soem teams just as bad defensively as Hawaii-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 passing offense vs #103 pass d.
give me the points

Hawaii is averaging 24.5 ppg in two road games this year. And in spite of Boise's struggles, this is still the best defensive team they've played all year. Also the toughest venue and on national TV, which helps Boise, not Hawaii.

Forget about running on Boise. They have one of the best run defenses in the country and proved against Fresno that they can rush the passer and still defend the run.

They also have 12 (count 'em, 12) injured defensive players listed this week. Even if they play, they're still hurt, and won't be as effective as healthy defenders.

Taking Hawaii is suicide. Lay off if you don't like Boise

I am currently looking at the hawaii website and it shows chang in order of games this year- 302,363,378,322,294,318 pass yards per game--363@rice, 294@utep(road games). He is consistant with his pass #'s and will put up the same again, its the other players you have to think about

My only comment will be that everyone was against Bosie St last week with fresno and most were on Hawaii at home. Funny thing everyone lost cause Boise covered and Hawaii didnt. Not everyone you know what I mean. Now we get a okay line that is being bet up heavily to over 3TDS.

What do I always say cap as if the last game didnt happen most of the times its just a blip. Did Boise impress anyone on defense last week? Not me. Pinegar and Fresno St probably average about half what Hawaii does. Chang and co should be able to move the ball. You move the ball the other team doesnt have time of possession on there side.

I wont lay 22pts with Boise St and probably would lay off the game all together. Just remember must didnt think Hawaii would lose @ UTEP getting 3 points now its 22 pts. Boise is 1-2 ATS when laying more then 10pts the cover was game 1 vs idaho.

Just think there isnt much value in Boise St.

Everyone knows about Boise's bad pass defense (ranked 103rd, 265 yds/game). But the thing is they haven't even played GOOD passing teams! Boise's 7 opponents are averaging a combined 221 yds/game in passing offense. Hawaii's pass offense averages 347.3 yds/game.

Defensively, boise st has a nice run D but their pass D is terrible, giving up huge plays and almost costing them games against tulsa and byu. Hawaii should have success passing on them and we all know that passing teams stop the clock and lengthen the game. Im guessing hawaii scores between 20-35 pts in this game, some of which in garbage time most likely, and i can easily see the final total hitting 80+.

honestly, i think the over would be an easier play. there is no way hawaii is going to stop bosie and after watching byu throw all over bosie, hawaii is atleast going to put up 20+ points. boise is not the covering machine they used to be.

There is no doubt in my mind Boise will score 45 here. I think closer to 60.

The only team whose defense is comparable to Hawaii's where they failed to was SMU. They had 38 after 3 quarters and chose to give time to the second team, which didn't play very well. They won't do the same against Hawaii because they respect Hawaii's potential to come back too much.

BYU and Fresno St. are both MUCH superior to Hawaii defensively.

By the way, I'm not conceding Hawaii 21 points. I think they'll probably get it through the back door, but I also think all this fretting about Boise's pass defense is overplayed a little. A lot has to do with the pressure style they play, which is actually effective against a team like Hawaii. BYU was able to throw deep because they did a good job of pass blocking. Hawaii isn't really set up that way because they typically put 5 in the pattern. They're a spread team, something Boise's man defense should work better against.

Don't count on Hawaii being particularly efficient either. Look for Chang to get busted in the chops a couple of times and his receivers to get held up on the line. This is a road game for Hawaii after all, and I've seen them fail to get 21 on the road against worse teams than Boise (three times last year, with a better team).

Another overlooked factor is that teams throw a lot against Boise because they're behind and they can't run anyway. Pookela points out that Boise opponents typically outperform their season yardage averages when playing Boise, but I'd bet if you figured out the completion percentages and yards per attempt there wouldn't be much difference. Boise's pass defense is average, but not bad. Look for Chang to throw for 300+, but they better be cashing in with TD's, or this gets out of hand quickly.

Another thing to think about is Boise's attitude about Hawaii. Are they really geared toward this game? My guess is yes, despite the fact that they're coming off the Fresno game that they obviously spent a lot of time preparing for. For one thing, this is a nationally televised feature game. They always target games like that. This aint Tulsa on Saturday afternoon with no TV. Don't forget what they did to Oregon St. and Fresno, the two most logical comparison games.....

I don't think anyone is expecting Hawaii to shut down Boise. But i'm curious as to why you think Boise can shut down Hawaii?

If it is bad weather, that can only favor Boise. Boise will stop the run and force TOs in the passing game. Just my scenario, but 21 points is a big number. Detmer passing will be eclipsed here or elsewhere so I do not think it will be an issue unless media types play it up. This will only incense Boise to play better on national tv. My lean is to Boise but most cappers here are correct to lay-off or play the over. This is just too many points to lay even if there may be a possibility of a rout. And a rout it will take to cover so many points, even with HI injuries.

Hawaii's receivers have been dropping balls. And even with that...2nd in the nation in passing yds/game and 7th in total pass yards. Is that not "good?"

I also think the total yards you allow is more important than the comp% and yds/attempt. But i checked out the stats for you anyway:

Tulsa averages 6.10 yds/att on the season...8.16 vs Boise.
UTEP averages 7.12 yds/att on the season...10.59 vs Boise.
Fresno averages 5.38 yds/att on the season...5.70 vs Boise.
BYU averages 6.97 yds/att on the season...11.14 vs Boise.
Idaho averages 5.79 yds/att on the season...3.14 vs Boise.
Oregon State averages 6.44 yds/att on the season...9.79 vs Boise.
SMU averages 5.82 yds/att on the season...7.11 vs Boise.

6 out of 7...Only lowly Idaho didn't do better against Boise.

You were right about the comp%...not too much different. But if you're giving up more yards/attempt and more passing yards overall...and you're about to play a team that loves to pass...i just think it's gonna be hard to stop.

I think I'm going to take the over and pray that it rains footballs and touchdowns.

BSU's pass D has been far from impressive (understatement), and who cares if they can play the run? Hawaii ran more last game than they usually do, but I don't think they're concerned with having to pass alot, particularly with Chang having a chance to break the record on national TV.

I see this turning into a shootout that will take 4 hours to complete because of all the clock stoppages for incomplete passes, touchdowns, and first downs.

Plenty of time and opportunity to score. Hawaii will be throwing to break the record, and BSU will be trying to beat Hawaii down to move up in the polls and the BCS.

Banned
Tokens
FYI: LINE UPDATE OCT 27...4:07 PM EST.

BOISE ST LINE GOES UP TO 22.5

OVER/UNDER DROPS AT SOME PLACES TO 73.

-C'MON BOISE BACKERS POUND THAT LINE UP TO 24. :hammerit

Tokens
I love the overs in this game, and I believe that the only chance for Hawaii to cover is if their offense can put up at least high thirties. Despite other opinions I think Chang is a good QB with an awesome offensive setup. The only reason Hawaii wins games is because of Chang. With a defense so horrible there is no way a team can beat quality teams. Just hope to keep up with them by out-scoring them. If one wants to put a blame on Hawaii's losses, such as Flor Atl, then blame the defense. Chang still put up 28 pts in that game. Chang will get the record on Friday, and I think he deserves it. As any other Hawaii game I expect an exciting one, it should be a shootout!

My prediction:

Boise St. 52
Hawaii 31
Just my opinion, GL all :awesom:

CDL

Tokens
chang, klingler, ware, detmer, all the Fla Qbs', last 2 Texas Tech qb's, huge numbers, no chance in hell to be a legit NFL QB. Doesnt diminish their NCAA stats, but get serious. when you hear timmy chang, will you think great college QB? Hell no!

Tokens
you could ask about 100 players who t.f. chang is and i bet 30% have no idea, maybe higher.

he is a great arena football QB in a bad conference that loves to throw the football. I watched hawaii last year have 2 possessions in a row in a row under 11 seconds including all 4 plays.

just crazy.

guys this maybe the easiest over in the history of vegas.

boise st scores in the high 50's easy.

i actually think boise could set a record for most points in a single game in recent history.

houston with ware put up 70 or so.

i think boise could do it eaSy.

WHAT YOU THINK?

Tokens
Hawaii has a poor ats record on the road.

They can't handle the weather.

Short week of preparation.

Defense cant stop the run.

Offense tends to sputter on the mainland.

They can't handle the blue field.

Boise will run the ball to keep Chang off the field.

Their 103 ranked defense against the pass will be saved by their offense.

Hawaii couldn't stop Rice's fullback...+200 yards by himself.

Boise will be "up" for this game to stop Chang's quest.

Just some thoughts.....

:nopityA:

Banned
Tokens
FYI: MORE INSIGHTS AND INFO ON THIS GAME FROM OTHER KNOWLEDGEABLE CAPPERS.....NO STUPID OR WORTHLESS COMMENTS WERE MADE, AS YOU WILL SEE.
neenee.gif
.....USE THEM TO HELP YOU OUT IN WHATEVER WAY YOU WISH....TFWIW!

forget Hawaii for sec.

--Boise struggled @ UTP won by 17 -non cover
--home vs BYU they won by 1 pt- non cover
--home vs SMU they won by 18-non cover(**** wasnt it like -38)
-@ tulsa won by 3 -non cover
then Fresno

Forget Hawaii what is Boise doing to make you think 21 points is a great bet??? In some way shape or form Hawaii will score 21-28pts minimum! Youtr saying that w/o a doubt they will score 45+pts when they barely reached taht mark twice in teh past 5 games against soem teams just as bad defensively as Hawaii-

#2 passing offense vs #103 pass d.
give me the points

Hawaii is averaging 24.5 ppg in two road games this year. And in spite of Boise's struggles, this is still the best defensive team they've played all year. Also the toughest venue and on national TV, which helps Boise, not Hawaii.

Forget about running on Boise. They have one of the best run defenses in the country and proved against Fresno that they can rush the passer and still defend the run.

They also have 12 (count 'em, 12) injured defensive players listed this week. Even if they play, they're still hurt, and won't be as effective as healthy defenders.

Taking Hawaii is suicide. Lay off if you don't like Boise

I am currently looking at the hawaii website and it shows chang in order of games this year- 302,363,378,322,294,318 pass yards per game--363@rice, 294@utep(road games). He is consistant with his pass #'s and will put up the same again, its the other players you have to think about

My only comment will be that everyone was against Bosie St last week with fresno and most were on Hawaii at home. Funny thing everyone lost cause Boise covered and Hawaii didnt. Not everyone you know what I mean. Now we get a okay line that is being bet up heavily to over 3TDS.

What do I always say cap as if the last game didnt happen most of the times its just a blip. Did Boise impress anyone on defense last week? Not me. Pinegar and Fresno St probably average about half what Hawaii does. Chang and co should be able to move the ball. You move the ball the other team doesnt have time of possession on there side.

I wont lay 22pts with Boise St and probably would lay off the game all together. Just remember must didnt think Hawaii would lose @ UTEP getting 3 points now its 22 pts. Boise is 1-2 ATS when laying more then 10pts the cover was game 1 vs idaho.

Just think there isnt much value in Boise St.

Everyone knows about Boise's bad pass defense (ranked 103rd, 265 yds/game). But the thing is they haven't even played GOOD passing teams! Boise's 7 opponents are averaging a combined 221 yds/game in passing offense. Hawaii's pass offense averages 347.3 yds/game.

Defensively, boise st has a nice run D but their pass D is terrible, giving up huge plays and almost costing them games against tulsa and byu. Hawaii should have success passing on them and we all know that passing teams stop the clock and lengthen the game. Im guessing hawaii scores between 20-35 pts in this game, some of which in garbage time most likely, and i can easily see the final total hitting 80+.

honestly, i think the over would be an easier play. there is no way hawaii is going to stop bosie and after watching byu throw all over bosie, hawaii is atleast going to put up 20+ points. boise is not the covering machine they used to be.

There is no doubt in my mind Boise will score 45 here. I think closer to 60.

The only team whose defense is comparable to Hawaii's where they failed to was SMU. They had 38 after 3 quarters and chose to give time to the second team, which didn't play very well. They won't do the same against Hawaii because they respect Hawaii's potential to come back too much.

BYU and Fresno St. are both MUCH superior to Hawaii defensively.

By the way, I'm not conceding Hawaii 21 points. I think they'll probably get it through the back door, but I also think all this fretting about Boise's pass defense is overplayed a little. A lot has to do with the pressure style they play, which is actually effective against a team like Hawaii. BYU was able to throw deep because they did a good job of pass blocking. Hawaii isn't really set up that way because they typically put 5 in the pattern. They're a spread team, something Boise's man defense should work better against.

Don't count on Hawaii being particularly efficient either. Look for Chang to get busted in the chops a couple of times and his receivers to get held up on the line. This is a road game for Hawaii after all, and I've seen them fail to get 21 on the road against worse teams than Boise (three times last year, with a better team).

Another overlooked factor is that teams throw a lot against Boise because they're behind and they can't run anyway. Pookela points out that Boise opponents typically outperform their season yardage averages when playing Boise, but I'd bet if you figured out the completion percentages and yards per attempt there wouldn't be much difference. Boise's pass defense is average, but not bad. Look for Chang to throw for 300+, but they better be cashing in with TD's, or this gets out of hand quickly.

Another thing to think about is Boise's attitude about Hawaii. Are they really geared toward this game? My guess is yes, despite the fact that they're coming off the Fresno game that they obviously spent a lot of time preparing for. For one thing, this is a nationally televised feature game. They always target games like that. This aint Tulsa on Saturday afternoon with no TV. Don't forget what they did to Oregon St. and Fresno, the two most logical comparison games.....

I don't think anyone is expecting Hawaii to shut down Boise. But i'm curious as to why you think Boise can shut down Hawaii?

If it is bad weather, that can only favor Boise. Boise will stop the run and force TOs in the passing game. Just my scenario, but 21 points is a big number. Detmer passing will be eclipsed here or elsewhere so I do not think it will be an issue unless media types play it up. This will only incense Boise to play better on national tv. My lean is to Boise but most cappers here are correct to lay-off or play the over. This is just too many points to lay even if there may be a possibility of a rout. And a rout it will take to cover so many points, even with HI injuries.

Hawaii's receivers have been dropping balls. And even with that...2nd in the nation in passing yds/game and 7th in total pass yards. Is that not "good?"

I also think the total yards you allow is more important than the comp% and yds/attempt. But i checked out the stats for you anyway:

Tulsa averages 6.10 yds/att on the season...8.16 vs Boise.
UTEP averages 7.12 yds/att on the season...10.59 vs Boise.
Fresno averages 5.38 yds/att on the season...5.70 vs Boise.
BYU averages 6.97 yds/att on the season...11.14 vs Boise.
Idaho averages 5.79 yds/att on the season...3.14 vs Boise.
Oregon State averages 6.44 yds/att on the season...9.79 vs Boise.
SMU averages 5.82 yds/att on the season...7.11 vs Boise.

6 out of 7...Only lowly Idaho didn't do better against Boise.

You were right about the comp%...not too much different. But if you're giving up more yards/attempt and more passing yards overall...and you're about to play a team that loves to pass...i just think it's gonna be hard to stop.

I think I'm going to take the over and pray that it rains footballs and touchdowns.

BSU's pass D has been far from impressive (understatement), and who cares if they can play the run? Hawaii ran more last game than they usually do, but I don't think they're concerned with having to pass alot, particularly with Chang having a chance to break the record on national TV.

I see this turning into a shootout that will take 4 hours to complete because of all the clock stoppages for incomplete passes, touchdowns, and first downs.

Plenty of time and opportunity to score. Hawaii will be throwing to break the record, and BSU will be trying to beat Hawaii down to move up in the polls and the BCS

Banned
Tokens
POSTED BY TRUELYFVCKINLONELY [size=4 said:
WHAT YOU THINK?[/size]
WHAT DO I THINK?...

I TOLD YOU TO KEEP YOUR ASS OUT OF MY THREADS....YOUR COMMENTS, NO MATTER WHAT THEY MAY BE IS NOT WANTED HERE....

WHAT ARE YOU THAT STUPID!.:neenee: ...IF YOU NEED TO TELL OTHERS ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL ON THIS GAME...THEN DO A WRITE-UP IN YOUR THREAD AND KNOCK YOURSELF OUT...

NO ONE RESPECTS YOU HERE KID....DONT YOU GET IT! :WTF: :blowup1: :kicking:

Last edited:

Banned
Tokens
FYI: LINE UPDATE....OCT 28....7:42 AM EST.

BOISE ST LINE NOW -23.

OVER/UNDER LINE NOW 74.5.

-C'MON YOU BRONCO BACKERS JUST ONE MORE PT. KEEP POUNDING THAT LINE UP TO 24. :hitting:

Tokens
I really think with all the injurys that hawaii has, along with one of the worst defensives in the country, top that off with the blue field,

boise baby!

hawaii lost to florida atl. for pete sakes, who just lost to ul monroe @ home.

i still think boise has a chance of 70 points.

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME INPUT!:guillotin

Banned
Tokens
FYI: MORE BAD NEWS FOR HAWAII DEFENSE...BUT SOME GOOD NEWS AS WELL...HERE IS MORE INFO FROM ANOTHER LOCAL ARTICLE..

Posted on: Thursday, October 28, 2004
[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]<!--headline-->Warriors lose defensive end Kamakawiwo'ole<!--endheadline--> [/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]By Stephen Tsai
Advertiser Staff Writer
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]University of Hawai'i junior defensive end Kila Kamakawiwo'ole underwent an appendectomy Tuesday night and will not compete in tomorrow's nationally televised road football game against 18th-ranked Boise State.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 width=100 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
sports1a.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]Kamakawiwo'ole[/font]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Kamakawiwo'ole, the starting right end, complained of illness and swelling on his right side on Monday. Tuesday night, "he was really, really sick," said Vantz Singletary, who coaches the defensive linemen.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]UH coach June Jones said he did not know when — or if — Kamakawiwo'ole will resume playing this season.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Defensive coordinator George Lumpkin said he is preparing as if Kamakawiwo'ole will miss between three and six weeks.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"We're going to miss him a bunch," Lumpkin said. "He's been doing really well. He is one of the smartest players on the field. He does a lot of things that people don't see with the naked eye, but he does things that keep us on track."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]In Saturday's 46-28 victory over San Jose State, Kamakawiwo'ole was aligned wide — as a hybrid defensive end/outside linebacker — in the Warriors' new 3-4 alignment. On a fourth-down play in the fourth quarter, he made a jarring open-field tackle to end the Spartans' possession.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"I just hate it — hate it — that he won't be able to play," Singletary said. "I can't speak enough about him. He can play all over. He's the free safety of our defensive line."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Singletary said Nkeruwem "Tony" Akpan is the leading choice to start at right end. It was feared Akpan suffered a dislocated shoulder against San Jose State. But further medical tests did not show significant damage.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=160 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top bgColor=white><TD bgColor=#efefef>[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]Hawai'i at No. 18 Boise State[/font] [font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]WHO: Hawai'i Warriors (3-2, 3-3) at No. 18 Boise State Broncos (4-0, 7-0).[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]WHAT: Western Athletic Conference football[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]WHEN: Tomorrow, 2 p.m. Hawai'i time[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]TV: Live on ESPN2 [/font]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Singletary said Karl Noa, Justin Faimealelei and Daniel Tautofi also can play at that position.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"It might be defensive end-by-committee," Singletary said, "but I like the committee we've selected."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Lumpkin said: "They will step up and do a good job."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Lumpkin, who is recovering from nerve damage in his leg, is symbolic of the Warriors' health problems. Defensive tackle Matt Faga (hyper-extended right elbow), left end Melila Purcell III (bruised sternum, sore right foot) and safety Matt Manuma (strained left rotator cuff) are expected to be available to play. Middle linebacker Ikaika Curnan (sprained right ankle) traveled with the team to Boise. His availability will be determined tomorrow.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Weakside linebacker Tanuvasa Moe (strained right hamstring) will not play.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]No place like home, even on game days[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Boise State is the rare Division I-A team that does not spend the eve of a home game sequestered in a hotel.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]The widespread practice is for a home team to stay in a hotel to limit outside distractions in the 24 hours leading to kickoff. UH, for instance, stays overnight at the Ilikai Hotel.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 width=100 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]UH's Chad Owens, left, won't run into Boise State's Chris Carr, who is out with a broken collarbone.[/font] [font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]Advertiser library photo[/font]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Quarterback Jared Zabransky said spending the night before a game at home "is a total homefield advantage because you can sleep in your own bed. It's nice."
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Linebacker Andy Avalos did not think "it was that big of a deal until I started talking to guys from the other teams. Coach (Dan Hawkins) trusts us. He knows we're all about football on weekends and we're not going to be out messing around."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]On the day of the game, the team will report for a morning meeting and then a walk-through practice at Bronco Stadium. "Then we get to go back home, and we're on our own until the pre-game meal four hours before the game."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]The players earned the trust during their summer workouts. Zabransky said all of the returning scholarship players stayed in Boise during the summer. He said some of the recruits even joined in the unsupervised workouts.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"I think it builds the character of the team to stay here and go through the workouts, which are pretty tough," Avalos said. "It's pretty hot in the summer in Boise. It's about 100."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Avalos said the workouts mix football drills with agility and conditioning disciplines. Two days each week, the players would run up and down the steps of Bronco Stadium.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"I don't get to go home a lot," said Avalos, who was raised in Corona, Calif. "The hard work is worth it. On Saturdays, it all pays off."[/font]

Banned
Tokens
FYI: HERE ARE MORE INSIGHTS ON THIS ONE BY KNOWLEDGEABLE CAPPERS.....NO STUPID OR WORTHLESS COMMENTS MADE AGAIN, UNLIKE SOMEONE IN HERE TRULY LIKES TO DO.:neenee: ....ENJOY.

IMO I think everyone is looking at the wrong play here.Boise has never played a team this season that averaged over 300 yds passing.The only teams that come close to 300 yds passing that they have played is Oregon ST and BYU.Boise won by 19 Pts against Oregon ST and Won by 1 point against BYU.
Hawaii comes into this game avg. 347 yds passing per game and Boise D allowing an avg. of 264 passing per game and 62 running which we all know Hawaii can't run the ball anyway so that stat does'nt really matter.IMO 22 points may be too much to give Hawaii I know the weather takes into factor but in bad weather the offense always has the advantage it's the defense that cannot overplay the routes.

IMO Stronger play take the over at 73 both offenses can score alot of points.alot of passing will kill the clock alot in the game so it gives both offenses alot of time to score.In bad weather look for alot of muffed punts and turnovers that will lead to alot of scoring.
I'm not saying Hawaii will win this game because I know they play like **** on the road I'm just simply saying 22 points is alot to cover for a Boise D that really has'nt proven themselves against a strong passing team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well if the Dolphins can beat the Rams and the Bengals can beat the Broncos and the Redsox can win a world series, then hey, anything is possible.

I agree the over looks like the best bet. Even in the games that they lost, Hawaii had over 300 passing yards/game. And hell, Tulsa, of all the crappy teams, Tulsa, almost beat Boise St.

My money will be on the over. And maybe a small one on Hawaii.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree completely. I missed the call for the first time all season on a Hawaii game last week. SJSU's pass defense was better than I thought it would be. I already knew Hawaii's defense was terrible, but the 17 play drive by SJSU was still an eye opener. They were getting blown off the LOS by SJSU for chrissakes.

Writeup is great. I have Boise as a top play this week. The best part is your projected score. Pretty funny. I had it 62-21, so I guess I think you're giving Boise a little too much credit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banned
Tokens
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#dcdcdc border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD align=middle width="16%">Today</TD><TD align=middle width="16%">Tomorrow</TD><TD align=middle width="17%">Sat</TD><TD align=middle width="17%">Sun</TD><TD align=middle width="17%">Mon</TD><TD align=middle width="17%">6-10 Day</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD align=middle>
12.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Rain</TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>High: 53°
Low: 40° </TD><TD align=middle>
30.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Partly Cloudy</TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>High: 54°
Low: 42° </TD><TD align=middle>
11.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Showers</TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>High: 54°
Low: 35° </TD><TD align=middle>
30.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Partly Cloudy</TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>High: 47°
Low: 34° </TD><TD align=middle>
11.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Showers</TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>High: 52°
Low: 43° </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

FYI: WEATHER REPORT FOR BOISE, IDAHO.....STILL NO CHANGE IN WEATHER...

Tokens
I capped this game and have Boise St. winning by no more than 19 pts, so Hawaii +22 or +22.5 is the better play.

Tokens
Play of the Day

has got to be the over.

boise should score at least 50-60pts themselves.

hawaii should be good for at least 3 tds.

OVAH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahulbusiness2270
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com