Hawaii Vs Boise St......info, Insights, And Other Stuff Concerning This One......

Search

Banned
Tokens
FYI: More STATS and TRENDS for you....

-Hawaii is 1-6 ATS, since 1992, as a Road Dog of 14.5 to 21 pts.

-Hawaii is 1-5 ATS, the last 3 seasons, when playing against a team with a winning record...

-Boise St, since 1992, is 12-2 ATS as a Fav of 10.5 to 21 pts.

Some Info from the last two games between the two..(at Hawaii in 03...and at Boise in 02)

-In the past two games between the two...Hawaii out first downed Boise St, by a combined total of 9 more 1st downs.

-Hawaii in both games vs Boise St was able to passed for over 300 yards..

-Boise St in both games won the time of possession...

-In both losses to Boise...Hawaii turned the ball over 3 times in each of the games. for a combined total of 6 TOs in the two games (4 ints and 2 fumbles)...Boise St, on the other hand, only turned the ball over 2 times (1 int and 1 fumble) both of which occurred in last years game at Hawaii....No turnovers by Boise in the game played in Idaho in 02.

Banned
Tokens
FYI: WEATHER REPORT FOR FRIDAY'S GAME IN BOISE, IDAHO.

Friday: October 29.

Day, will be Sunny with a HIGH of 50 degrees.....

Night, will be mostly clear skys with a LOW of 40 degrees..

Winds SE at 5 mph....and Precip: at 20%.

-No reports of rain or hail to appear, like it did in Saturdays game vs Fresno St....Although Thursday's Weather report does show rain to be in the forecast.

Tokens
No Rain or Wind is a plus for Hawaii...

I think they will be able to put up with 40 degree weather as long as it's calm and clear. Sounds like a great night for football.

Banned
Tokens
TigerBait said:
I think they will be able to put up with 40 degree weather as long as it's calm and clear. Sounds like a great night for football.
Exactly...if you look at the weeks weather forecast for Boise, Idaho....Friday is the Best Day...all other days before Friday and after Friday forecast rain and clowdy skies with showers.

Banned
Tokens
FYI: some info for you O/U guys..

- 2 of the 3 games in this series have gone OVER the total...

-Last years game played at Hawaii: line was Boise -11...Total was 67.5

Final Score: Boise St 45 Hawaii 28.

-In the game played in 02' at Boise: line was Boise -5.5...Total was 63.5

Final Score: Boise St 58 Hawaii 31.

Banned
Tokens
FYI: HERE IS AN ARTICLE ABOUT HAWAII'S CURRENT INJURIES....

Posted on: Monday, October 25, 2004
[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]<!--headline-->Warriors banged up heading to Boise State<!--endheadline--> [/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]By Stephen Tsai
Advertiser Staff Writer
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]The University of Hawai'i football team's health problems are so widespread that now defensive coordinator George Lumpkin is limping because of nerve damage in his leg.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 width=100 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]Linebacker Tanuvasa Moe was injured against San Jose State and is not expected to play Friday against Boise State.[/font] [font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]Eugene Tanner • The Honolulu Advertiser[/font]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Lumpkin said he would welcome a blessing of the team after learning defensive end Melila Purcell III, weakside linebacker Tanuvasa Moe and defensive tackle Matt Faga are injured and not expected to play in Friday's nationally televised road game. Slotback Se'e Poumele's career is over after he suffered a fractured left arm.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]In a 46-28 victory over San Jose State on Saturday, the Warriors were without three injured starters — middle linebacker Ikaika Curnan (sprained right ankle), safety Lono Manners (fractured ankle) and cornerback Kenny Patton (pulled left hamstring).[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Manners will not play again this season. UH coach June Jones said he is optimistic Patton will be available this week. Jones said if the Warriors played today, Curnan "probably" would not be ready but "maybe by Friday he will."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Against San Jose State, Purcell was taken to the hospital after injuring his sternum. "They thought it was cracked, but it wasn't," Jones said.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Ikaika Alama-Francis or Karl Noa will replace Purcell.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"Mel has been a valuable player for us," Jones said. "Along with Lui (Fuga) and Matt (Faga), he's been consistent. It'll be hard to play the game without him, that's for sure."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Faga suffered a hyper-extended elbow. "Right now, he would not play," Jones said.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Two converted offensive linemen — Larry Sauafea and Michael Lafaele — are the immediate replacements.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Moe, who is recovering from a hyper-extended left elbow, suffered a strained hamstring in the opening defensive series against San Jose State. Lumpkin said Lincoln Manutai or Paul Lutu-Carroll will start against Boise State. Lutu-Carroll entered training camp as the No. 1 weakside linebacker before suffering a partial tear to the medial collateral ligament in his right knee.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Poumele, the starting right slotback, said he is disappointed he won't complete his senior season.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"It's tough, but I'm still going to cheer for the guys," he said.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Poumele was UH's last recruit in 2001. Jones had saved a scholarship until Poumele met the requirements to transfer from a junior college.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"It's a real shame what happened to him," receivers coach Ron Lee said.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Lee said the immediate plan is to keep Jason Ferguson at left slotback as the top backup to Chad Owens. Gerald Welch or Patrick Olchovy can play right slotback. Another possibility is moving starting right wideout Britton Komine to right slotback. Komine has started at each of the four receiver positions.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"Britt is our swing guy," Lee said. "He has a great understanding of what we're doing."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Lee said Ross Dickerson, who entered the program as a slotback, and Rene Melson will remain at wideout.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Of the injuries, Jones said: "I've been through this type of thing before. You hate to go through it, but you can't feel sorry for yourself. Guess what? Boise is going to play the game, so we'd better get ready. If somebody is injured, the next guy better get ready to play. We're going to put together a group and show up."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]QB Satcher's redshirt opportunity gone[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Freshman quarterback Brandon Satcher's participation in Saturday's game ended his opportunity to redshirt this season.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Although freshman quarterbacks Tyler Graunke and Taylor Humphrey are redshirting, Jones said: "I knew (Satcher) was not going to redshirt. I think he can do some things that can help us win this year. He can throw. He can run."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Kainoa Akina is listed as the backup to Tim Chang. Although Jack Rolovich is regarded as the No. 3 quarterback, Satcher was the third quarterback on the travel roster for the Warriors' trips to Houston and El Paso.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"I wanted to get him in the last three or four weeks," Jones said. "It didn't work out."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Reach Stephen Tsai at stsai@honoluluadvertiser.com or 525-8051.[/font]

Banned
Tokens
FYI: MORE INFO FOR YOU GUYS ON THE WARRIORS INJURIES....

Warriors work
against the clock

A Friday game at No. 18 Boise State
doesn’t give Hawaii much time
to prepare or heal

By Dave Reardon
dreardon@starbulletin.com

A short week of practice and a long list of injured football players add up to a huge challenge for Hawaii as it prepares for Friday's game at Western Athletic Conference kingpin Boise State.

"It's not the situation you'd like to have," UH coach June Jones said yesterday, one day after his team improved to 3-3 (3-2 WAC) with a 46-28 homecoming victory over San Jose State (2-4, 1-2) at Aloha Stadium.

The Warriors throttled the Spartans without three starting defensive players (a fourth, outside linebacker Tanuvasa Moe, was lost in the first quarter to a hamstring strain). Safety Lono Manners (broken ankle) is lost for the season, but Jones said cornerback Kenny Patton (strained hamstring) and middle linebacker Ikaika Curnan (high-ankle sprain) might be ready for Boise State.

But the coach also said it doesn't look good this week for at least three other defensive starters who were hurt Saturday: Moe (hamstring strain) is "out," defensive end Mel Purcell (bruised sternum) is "doubtful," and defensive tackle Matt Faga (elbow) is "real iffy."

Also, starting cornerback Abraham Elimimian didn't do his tender hamstring any favors by sucking it up and playing the other night, and backup defensive end Nkeruwem "Tony" Akpan is "probably out" with a dislocated shoulder, Jones said.

On offense, starting receiver Se'e Poumele is out for the rest of the season with a broken arm. Jones said he might be able to play if UH earns a berth in the Dec. 24 Hawaii Bowl -- a game the Warriors get if they win at least four of their remaining six games, and a goal that becomes more difficult to achieve with every new injury.

"It's the most we've had in the six years since I've been here. It's just one of those things that goes in spurts," Jones said.

Many backups stepped up and performed adequately Saturday, like safety Matt Manuma and cornerback Ray Bass, who started for the first time in their college careers.

But it is clear the Warriors need their best against the Broncos. They are, after all, nationally ranked and owners of the country's longest ongoing winning streak at 18 games. Boise State (7-0, 4-0) beat Fresno State 33-16 on Saturday.

"We'll have to play better on both sides of the ball to have a chance at Boise," Jones said.

The ESPN2-televised game will feature the relatively anonymous but highly efficient Broncos and the WAC's individual player with the highest profile, Hawaii quarterback Tim Chang.

Chang might break the NCAA career passing-yardage record of 15,031 held by Brigham Young's Ty Detmer. Chang needs 240 yards to catch Detmer. He averages 329.5 passing yards per game this year, and if Boise State has a weakness, it's pass defense, with an average yield of 265.0 per outing.

Jones predicted two years ago Chang would break the record and pushed him as a Heisman Trophy candidate. But the coach has had other things on his mind lately than the relative benefits of Chang breaking the mark at home or on national TV.

"I haven't really put any thought to that," he said. "I just knew it would happen one day."

Jones said Chang's partially dislocated left (non-throwing) shoulder that forced him to miss practice time last week is OK.

The Warriors have lost to Boise State all three times they've met since the Broncos entered the WAC.

"If we win that game it pretty much turns our season around," Elimimian said. "We have to step up and we feel that we can go up there and beat them."

Twilight zone: Hawaii doesn't have a reverse in its football playbook, but the Warriors pulled off a big one Saturday.

In many ways, the 46-28 homecoming victory over San Jose State was the mirror image of Hawaii's 51-20 loss at Texas-El Paso the previous week. Heck, it was even the Miners' homecoming.

Both outcomes were keyed by special teams and offensive execution. At UTEP, the Warriors failed at both. At home against the Spartans, they shined.

In the most-eerie similarity, UH's Justin Ayat made a 49-yard field goal right before halftime to give the Warriors a 24-14 lead after San Jose State had the ball with a minute left but failed to run out the clock. The Miners' Reagan Schneider made a 48-yard field goal at halftime the previous week in El Paso to increase UTEP's lead to 24-13, after Hawaii did a poor job of keeping the Miners on their side of the field when they got the ball with just a few seconds left.

Midway through their season, the 3-3 Warriors look like a typical college football team -- good at home, not so good on the road. And that is magnified on both sides by the Warriors being 2,000 miles from their nearest competition.

For the third home game in a row, UH was aided by big special teams plays -- while the kicking game betrayed the Warriors at UTEP. In addition to Ayat's field goal, Chad Owens ran back a punt for a 71-yard touchdown and freshman Jason Ferguson set up a UH touchdown with a 66-yard kickoff return.

Ferguson's run came right after the Spartans pulled off a fake field goal for a touchdown.

"There were certainly a lot of similarities to the (UTEP) game," Jones said. "That's the way it is. To win, you have to change momentum and we did it this time. Jason changed the whole momentum of the game."

Said Owens: "Jason gave us a spark and he sparked me. Jason is the future."

Stat chat: Elimimian still leads the nation with 0.83 interceptions per game. Three other players also have five picks, but have gotten them in seven games compared to six for the UH captain. ... Owens is tied with Devin Hester of Miami with three punt returns for touchdowns this season. Owens is third in the nation with 7.83 receptions per game. ... Hawaii is 17th in total offense with 447.0 yards per game and 13th in scoring with 35.83 points per game. ... UH is 106th in rushing defense with 222.0 yards allowed per game and second in passing offense with 347.3 yards per game.

The nominees are: UH submitted the names of Britton Komine (nine catches for 159 yards and two touchdowns), Leonard Peters (nine tackles and an interception) and Owens for WAC offensive, defensive and special teams Player of the Week.

<HR align=center width=36 SIZE=1>

Banned
Tokens
lets see if i got this straight. Hawaii is gonna play Boise St. and get pounded. Co-captian will be all in on Hawaii. also, Timmy chang is horrible, and Ty Detmer was a better college QB

Banned
Tokens
FYI:

OK GANG....NOW YOU GOT IT...FIRST HAND INFORMATION ON THE WARRIORS CURRENT SITUATION REGARDING THE INJURED WARRIOR PLAYERS, AS THEY HEAD INTO THIS GAME WITH BOISE ST....DOESNT LOOK GOOD FOR THE DEFENSE, ESPECIALLY WITH THE CURRENT LOSSES OF DE PURCELL, DL FAGA, DE AKPAN, AND LB MOE....THE LOST OF SB POUMELE CAN BE OVERCOME AND WONT REALLY TAKE AWAY FROM THE WARRIORS OFFENSIVE POTENTCY....BUT THE DEFENSIVE LOSSES, ESPECIALLY TO PURCELL, FAGA, AND MOE, IS FVCKING HUGE.

IF LB CURNAN AND CB PATTON CAN COME BACK FOR THIS ONE....AT LEAST THE WARRIORS BACK 7 SHOULD BE OK....PROBLEM IS, THE UPFRONT GUYS IN THE TRENCHES IS WHERE BOISE WILL ATTACK WITH THEIR SOLID RUNNING GAME, AND THIS IS WHERE THE WARRIORS ALREADY ARE WEAK AT....

HEY, THESE LOSSES ON THE DEFENSE WONT HELP THE WARRIORS OUT AGAINST THE RUN...BUT IT MIGHT NOT HURT THEM EITHER....I MEAN, HOW MUCH WORST CAN THEY GET, RIGHT.....ALSO, THE WARRIORS WIN WITH THEIR OFFENSE, AND AT LEAST THEY ARE STILL FULLY LOADED AND CAPABLE OF MATCHING SCORES WITH THE BRONCOS....

BUT, I AM STILL UNDECIDED ON WHAT I AM GOING TO DO IN REGARDS TO THIS GAME....AND I FEEL THAT AFTER EVERYONE GETS TO READ THIS THREAD AND ALL THE INFO I PROVIDED FOR EVERYONE TO USE...I THINK MOST WILL LIKELY SLAM THE SHIAT OUT OF BOISE ST, DRIVING THIS LINE EVEN HIGHER.....I AM VERY CURIOUS HOW HIGH THEY CAN DRIVE THE LINE UP.....PRESENTING A VERY INTERESTING SITUATION IN THIS ONE, IMO....STAY TUNED GANG...I STILL GOT MORE INFO AND SOME INSIGHTS AS WELL TO SHARE WITH YA!....ALOHA CC.:)

Tokens
even with the injuries, i really like hawaii here. boise state has bad problems stoping the pass-BOISE ST NATIONAL RANK IN PASS D=103RD
this should spell trouble for boise vs the Bow's #2 ranked pass offense. make no mistake about it, timmy chang is a very good qb.
hawaii averages 36 pts a game
boise averages 41 pts a game
i just don't see the # being >20
seems like a trap. i clearly remember when byu gave boise heck with the deep-ball. tulsa just took boise to overtime. there should be many pts scored. if you offer me >20 pts on the nations's #2 pass offense vs the nation's 103rd ranked pass d, i'm taking it. i don't think boise is nearly as good as they have been the past couple of years. while much of this can be blamed on losing key seniors including dinwitty (sp), i don't think bsu has a very good defense-at all. also-
HAWAII'S TURNOVER MARGINE=+1.17 (RANKED 10TH NATIONALY (this is a passing team, you simply can't tell me that timmy chang isn't a great qb)
BOISE ST TURNOVER MARGINE=-29 (RANKED 74TH NATIONALY)
GIVE ME HAWAII AND THE POINTS (see how high it gets)**

Rx Wizard
Tokens
from Stephen Tsai, Honolulu Advertiser[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]The University of Hawai'i football team's health problems are so widespread that now defensive coordinator George Lumpkin is limping because of nerve damage in his leg.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 width=100 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]Linebacker Tanuvasa Moe was injured against San Jose State and is not expected to play Friday against Boise State.[/font] [font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana]Eugene Tanner • The Honolulu Advertiser[/font]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Lumpkin said he would welcome a blessing of the team after learning defensive end Melila Purcell III, weakside linebacker Tanuvasa Moe and defensive tackle Matt Faga are injured and not expected to play in Friday's nationally televised road game. Slotback Se'e Poumele's career is over after he suffered a fractured left arm.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]In a 46-28 victory over San Jose State on Saturday, the Warriors were without three injured starters — middle linebacker Ikaika Curnan (sprained right ankle), safety Lono Manners (fractured ankle) and cornerback Kenny Patton (pulled left hamstring).[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Manners will not play again this season. UH coach June Jones said he is optimistic Patton will be available this week. Jones said if the Warriors played today, Curnan "probably" would not be ready but "maybe by Friday he will."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Against San Jose State, Purcell was taken to the hospital after injuring his sternum. "They thought it was cracked, but it wasn't," Jones said.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Ikaika Alama-Francis or Karl Noa will replace Purcell.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"Mel has been a valuable player for us," Jones said. "Along with Lui (Fuga) and Matt (Faga), he's been consistent. It'll be hard to play the game without him, that's for sure."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Faga suffered a hyper-extended elbow. "Right now, he would not play," Jones said.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Two converted offensive linemen — Larry Sauafea and Michael Lafaele — are the immediate replacements.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Moe, who is recovering from a hyper-extended left elbow, suffered a strained hamstring in the opening defensive series against San Jose State. Lumpkin said Lincoln Manutai or Paul Lutu-Carroll will start against Boise State. Lutu-Carroll entered training camp as the No. 1 weakside linebacker before suffering a partial tear to the medial collateral ligament in his right knee.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Poumele, the starting right slotback, said he is disappointed he won't complete his senior season.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"It's tough, but I'm still going to cheer for the guys," he said.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Poumele was UH's last recruit in 2001. Jones had saved a scholarship until Poumele met the requirements to transfer from a junior college.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"It's a real shame what happened to him," receivers coach Ron Lee said.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Lee said the immediate plan is to keep Jason Ferguson at left slotback as the top backup to Chad Owens. Gerald Welch or Patrick Olchovy can play right slotback. Another possibility is moving starting right wideout Britton Komine to right slotback. Komine has started at each of the four receiver positions.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"Britt is our swing guy," Lee said. "He has a great understanding of what we're doing."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Lee said Ross Dickerson, who entered the program as a slotback, and Rene Melson will remain at wideout.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Of the injuries, Jones said: "I've been through this type of thing before. You hate to go through it, but you can't feel sorry for yourself. Guess what? Boise is going to play the game, so we'd better get ready. If somebody is injured, the next guy better get ready to play. We're going to put together a group and show up."[/font]

Banned
Tokens
Highdaddy said:
lets see if i got this straight. Hawaii is gonna play Boise St. and get pounded. Co-captian will be all in on Hawaii. also, Timmy chang is horrible, and Ty Detmer was a better college QB
HIGHDADDY...I THINK WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STRAIGHT IS YOUR ABILITY TO READ WHAT I POSTED IN THIS THREAD A LOT BETTER THEN YOU HAVE...YOU ALSO NEED TO STRAIGHTEN UP AND STOP WITH YOUR ASSUMING OF WHAT YOU THINK I WILL BE DOING CHIEF....I STARTED THIS TREAD FOR OTHERS TO BE ABLE TO GET AND USE INFORMATION THAT THEY MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO COMPLETELY ACQUIRE THEMSELVES....I DID THIS TO SIMPLY SHARE WITH OTHERS MY INFO, INSIGHTS, AND KNOWLEDGE, ON THE WARRIORS, WHICH IS SOMETHING THAT HAS TAKEN ME A LOT OF TIME AND YEARS TO OBTAIN...I AM DOING THIS TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE OUT....NOW EVERYONE HAS ACCURATE AND FIRST HAND INFORMATION TO USE HOWEVER THEY SEE FIT TO USE, WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY HELP THEM TO MAKE THE BEST INFORMED DECISION IN REGARDS TO THIS GAME..

I HAVE STATED SEVERAL TIMES IN THIS TREAD THAT I AM NOT SURE WHAT I WILL BE DOING IN REGARDS TO THIS GAME....AND REALLY IT IS NO ONES BUSINESS EITHER WHAT I MAY OR MAY NOT CHOSE TO DO IN REGARDS TO THIS GAME....PLEASE DONT BE MAKING STATEMENTS LIKE I AM ALL IN ON THE WARRIORS....YOUR SPREADING OF INACURRATE INFORMATION IS WHAT CREATES PROBLEMS.....DO TAKE WHAT I AM SAYING TO YOU AND USE IT TO SET YOURSELF STRAIGHTER!.

THIS TREAD IS NOT ABOUT ME OR WHO I AM PLAYING...IT IS SIMPLY ABOUT SHARING INFORMATION, INSIGHTS, AND KNOWLEDGE WITH OTHER POSTERS HERE....TRY NOT TO SCREW IT UP WITH STUPID COMMENTS AGAIN...OK!...NOW, YOU BETTER GO PUT YOUR BET IN ON BOISE ST, BEFORE THE LINE GETS DRIVEN UP HIGHER..

OH AND BTW, YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT TIMMY CHANG BEING HORRIBLE REALLY SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU LACK ACCURATE INFORMATION.....DONT YOU KNOW, THAT AFTER THIS GAME, TIMMY WILL BE THE MOST PROLIFIC PASSER EVER IN NCAA HISTORY...HE WILL ALSO BREAK SEVERAL MORE RECORDS AS WELL, WHEN THIS SEASON IS ALL SAID AND DONE WITH....TIMMY WILL OWN THE RECORD FOR THE MOST PASSING YARDS EVER THROWN IN A CAREER BY A QB, AND THIS RECORD WILL NEVER EVER BE BROKEN AGAIN....BELIEVE ME!

THESE RECORDS WILL NOT ONLY BE FOR HIM TO ENJOY....IT WILL ALSO BE FOR US PROUD HAWAIIANS TO ALSO ENJOY, FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES....THIS RECORD WILL BELONG TO HAWAII BABY!....AND IT WONT BE THE ONLY ONE THAT HE WILL GET AS WELL....HE WILL ALSO OWN THE RECORDS IN TOTAL OFFENSE, COMPLETIONS, AND HOPEFULLY, FOR THE MOST TD PASSES EVER THROWN AS WELL.....RIGHT NOW HE IS SECOND ALL TIME, IN THIS CATEGORY, WITH 94 TD PASSES ALREADY THROWN IN HIS CAREER SO FAR...SIMPLY FREAKIN OUTSTANDING AND INCREDIBLE! .

YEP, I CAN REALLY SEE YOUR POINT ABOUT HIM BEING SO HORRIBLE...:think: ...C'MON GET A GRIP AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN.....TIMMY HAS ACHIEVED THESE RECORDS WITH HIS OUTSTANDING ATHLETICISM AND PLAY....THESE RECORDS WERENT HANDED TO HIM...HE HAD TO EARN IT...NO ONE FOR OVER A DECADE HAS EVEN BEEN ABLE TO COME CLOSE TO ACHIEVING WHAT HE HAS ACHIEVED AND THIS SAYS A HELL OF A LOT ABOUT HIM AND HIS ABILITIES AS WELL....TIMMY IS AS SOLID A QB AS THEY COME....HE SHOWED HIS POTENTIAL BY BEING RANKED AS THE 21 ST BEST QB COMING OUT OF HS....AND NOW AFTER HIS COLLEGE CAREER, HE WILL LEAVE AST THE #1 BEST PROLIFIC PASSER IN NCAA FOOTBALL HISTORY....AND YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT.

HORRIBLE YOU SAY?...HMMM, OVER 15,OOO YARDS PASSING AND ALMOST 100 TDS THROWN...:think: ...AGAIN HORRIBLE YOU SAY?...OK, YOU WIN....HE IS HORRIBLE....LMFAO!..:biglaugh:

Last edited:

Banned
Tokens
how many QBs play 5 years and throw 60 passes a game? Answer...not many! he lost to a div II school. ive watched him play and he is not impressive.

Banned
Tokens
Highdaddy said:
how many QBs play 5 years and throw 60 passes a game? Answer...not many! he lost to a div II school. ive watched him play and he is not impressive.
SO YOUR SAYING THAT ITS HIS FAULT THAT HE WAS GRANTED A MEDICAL EXEMPTION BY THE NCAA COMMITTEE, ALLOWING HIM TO PLAY ANOTHER YEAR, HUH.....YOU ALSO SOUND LIKE YOUR BLAMING HIM FOR DECIDING TO PLAY FOR HAWAII AND COACH JONE'S RUN AND SHOOT OFFENSE, WHICH THE ATLANTA FALCONS ALSO RAN WHEN HE WAS THE HEAD MAN THERE...AND IN THE PROCESS GIVE UP THE CHANCE HE HAD TO POSSIBLY PLAY FOR ANY MAJOR PROGRAM IN THE NATION ...C'MON..

YOUR ARE RIGHT THOUGH ABOUT ONE THING.....NOT MANY QB'S GET TO OR WOULD BE EVEN CAPABLE OF PLAYING 5 YEARS, AND ALSO BE ABLE TO HANDLE RUNNING SUCH A SOPHISTICATED oFFENSIVE SCHEME LIKE HE HAS BEEN DOING SINCE HE WAS A FRESHMAN.....TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS, THIS FRESHMAN WOULD HAVE TO BE BOTH PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY STRONG AND MATURE.....HOW MANY FRESHMAN HAVE SEEN SUCCEED WGEN THEY ARE ASKED TO CARRY THE OFFENSE ON THEIR YOUNG SHOULDERS, HUH....SO YOUR RIGHT THERE, WHEN YOU SAID NOT MANY....

FOR ONE TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO WHAT CHANG DID AS A TRUE FRESHMAN TO NOW, NOT MANY WOULD OF LASTED OR BEEN ABLE TO CONTINUALLY PRODUCE RESULTS...IT TAKES A SPECIAL TYPE OF PERSON/PLAYER TO BE ABLE TO GO DIRECTLY FROM HS TO COLLEGE AND THEN INTO A OFFENSIVE SYSTEM THAT PUTS ITS QB DIRECTLY IN THE LINE OF FIRE AND RELIES ALMOST ENTIRELY ON ITS QB TO WIN GAMES FOR THE TEAM, EACH AND EVERY SINGLE WEEK...YEP, AGAIN, YOUR RIGHT, NOT MANY WOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHAT CHANG WAS ASKED TO DO...

BTW, TIMMY DIDNT LOSE TO A DIV 11 SCHOOL....THE WARRIORS LOST AS A TEAM TO A DIV 1 A SCHOOL IN FL ATLANTIC....YOU DO KNOW THAT FL ATL IS A DIV 1A SCHOOL, DONT YOU....PLUS, EVENTHOUGH HE IS ASKED TO CARRY THE MAJORITY OF THE LOAD FOR THE WARRIORS....THIS IS STILL A TEAM SPORT WITH THREE MAIN AREAS OF COMPETITION THAT NEEDS TO BE PLAYED WELL BY OTHER PLAYERS ON THE TEAM, IN ORDER TO SUCCEED...OFF, DEF, AND SP TEAMS PLAY IS WHAT WILL DETERMINE IF A TEAM IS SUCCESSFUL OR NOT......TIMMY ONLY PLAYS QB, WHICH IS ON THE OFFENSE, IF YOU WERENT AWARE....

WELL, YOU WATCHED HIM PLAY....WOW, HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED QB...OR FOOTBALL, FOR THAT MATTER, ON A DIV 1 A TEAM YOURSELF?....IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED QB, OR HAVE EVEN PLAYED FOOTBALL ON THE SAME LEVEL AS TIMMY PLAYS ON...THEN WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE THE CREDENTIALS TO MAKE AN JUDGEMENT ABOUT ANOTHERS PERSONS PERFORMANCE.....HOW CAN YOU KNOW WHAT IS TRULY IMPRESSIVE OR NOT, HUH?....BOTTOM LINE IS YOU CANT...AND BOTTOM LINE IS, WATCHING SOMEONE PLAY IN ONE OR TWO OR EVEN THREE GAMES, IS NOT ENOUGH FOR ANYONE TO ACCURATELY MAKE A FAIR CRITICISM OF SOMEONES ABILITIES AND PERFORMANCES.....PLAYERS RECEIVE AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS AND RECOGNITION BECAUSE OF THEIR COMBINED CONSISTANT PERFORMANCES THAT IN TOTAL REPRESENTS ONES TRUE ABILITIES....YOU BASE YOU OPINION AFTER WATCHING ONE OF HIS GAMES....PLEASSSSE!....IF TIMMY WASNT GOOD HE WOULDNT BE GETTING ALL THE HYPE AND RECOGNITIONS THAT HE IS GETTING, WHICH BTW, IS NOT BASED ON ONE OR TWO OR EVEN THREE GAMES....IT IS BASED ON THE WHOLE YEARS PERFORMANCES......

JUST FORGET IT ALREADY....THIS THREAD WAS NOT MEANT FOR THIS....AND IT WAS NOT MEANT FOR YOU EITHER TO COME IN AND POST YOUR BIASES.....YOU CLEARLY ARE ON BOISE ST....SO THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO COME IN THIS THREAD....AS IT IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR HELP, INFO, AND KNOWLEDGE, ETC....SOMETHING THAT YOU CLEARLY SHOW THAT YOU DONT NEED....SO PLEASE STAY OUT AND DONT CLOG UP THIS THREADS.....START ANOTHER THREAD OF YOUR OWN AND GO POST WHATEVER YOU WANT TO....BUT ITS NOT NEEDED HERE....GOODBYE NOW, CC.:)

Banned
Tokens
FYI: LINE ON THIS ONE RIGHT NOW...

PINNICLE LINE OPENED AT BOISE -17 AND 72.5 O/U

TODAY MONDAY AT 5:30 PM EST...LINE CURRENTLY AT SEVERAL BOOKS IS BOISE 21.5 AND 72.5 O/U

Rx Wizard
Tokens
Even though Boise should score at will against this banged up UH D, I am passing on the total---weather could get bad in a hurry and if Chang goes down (lingering non-throwing shoulder injury), UH will have great difficulty moving the ball.

I see this score about 47-24 if Chang stays healthy.

It could get real, real ugly if he goes down early, something along the line of 52-13. Backup QB Akina is dreadful, he couldn't hold a starting job at E. Michigan. I have seen him play and it ain't pretty. His passes look wobbly with no zip. Jones actually has much better qbs in the fold (like Jack Rolovich) but he is a stubborn azzhole and sticks to his "guys" no matter how crappy the are. Boise will absolutely feast on Akina if they get a good lick on Timmy.

Last edited:

Banned
Tokens
ppeter...go back and read the reports I posted on the weather and the other article addressing Chang's shoulder....Jones already stated that it is OK.

Here...Jones said Chang's partially dislocated left (non-throwing) shoulder that forced him to miss practice time last week is OK.

This came from the Star Bulletin article.

Jones also stats that he might use that Freshman QB who he wanted to use some weeks back, but couldnt...still, he didnt redshirt him so he seems to be planning on using him...as he is listed as the third QB on the travel squad...I dont know why Akina is being used...but Rolo or the Freshman will be utilized sometime soon...If this one gets out of hand, I see one of them coming in...I dont think Akina is the future of this Offense...the Freshman QB seems to be.

Last edited:

Banned
Tokens
ppeter... Here is the info on the Warriors Freshman QB and what Jones was saying about using him more...He did play last week, but may be used more in the weeks to come....

QB Satcher's redshirt opportunity gone

Freshman quarterback Brandon Satcher's participation in Saturday's game ended his opportunity to redshirt this season.

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Although freshman quarterbacks Tyler Graunke and Taylor Humphrey are redshirting, Jones said: "I knew (Satcher) was not going to redshirt. I think he can do some things that can help us win this year. He can throw. He can run."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Kainoa Akina is listed as the backup to Tim Chang. Although Jack Rolovich is regarded as the No. 3 quarterback, Satcher was the third quarterback on the travel roster for the Warriors' trips to Houston and El Paso.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"I wanted to get him in the last three or four weeks," Jones said. "It didn't work out."[/font]

Tokens
Took boise -18 and also at - 20 1/2. And I still see value in the favorite at 21 1/2. Also hawaii injury report courtesy of db: (gl all)

10/24/04 RB Mike Bass Knee is "?".
10/24/04 DL Kahai LaCount Knee is "?".
10/24/04 CB Turmarian Moreland Foot is "?".
10/24/04 DB Cameron Hollingsworth Illness is "?".
10/24/04 DE Nkeruwem Akpan Undisclosed is "?".
10/24/04 LB Lincoln Manutai Undisclosed is "?".
10/24/04 CB Se'e Poumele Arm out for the season.
10/24/04 DL Mel Purcell Chest is "?".
10/24/04 LB Tanuvasa Moe Hamstring is "?".
10/24/04 CB Kenny Patton Hamstring is "?".
10/24/04 S Lono Manners Ankle out for the season.
10/24/04 LB Ikaika Curnan Ankle is "?".
10/17/04 WR Nate Ilaoa Knee is "?".
10/11/04 DT Keala Watson Undisclosed is expected to miss the rest of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandeepsharmaaa1510
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com