Connecting the dots on Hillary Clinton

Search

Banned
Tokens
29A56EEA00000578-0-image-a-13_1434397762213.jpg
29A5CE8A00000578-0-image-a-12_1434397761591.jpg

Locked out: The Clinton campaign denied access to the designated print pool reporter David Martosko (right)

There was a problem: Hillary's press staff said DailyMail.com wasn't welcome, and they decided it at the last minute.
The pool was asked to send a different reporter. It was too late to substitute someone else in the Live Free or Die state at that point, so I said I'd show up anyway.
Six hours earlier I had received emails from two different Clinton media liaisons – including the former secretary of state's traveling press secretary, Nick Merrill – telling me where to show up and when.
So what happened? That's the nagging question.
Monday morning I showed up at 7:45 in a parking lot where I was to hop on a Clinton campaign van for a drive to the town of Rochester, where the first event would be.
A very junior staffer told me I couldn't climb aboard: I wasn't 'on the list.'
No matter – I'm paid to chase stories, not to take no for an answer. I got back in my rental car and followed them to Rochester.
On the way, I spoke with Merrill for 10 minutes. He gave me a handful of reasons for the sudden rug-pulling.
At first it was because the campaign didn't want some foreign press outlets participating in the pool when others were giving them 'blowback' about being shut out of events when space is limited.
OK, so DailyMail.com is owned by the Daily Mail newspaper from England but the US content is not EDITED by that newspaper, it is edited in New York and currently has nearly 200 employees growing at about 50% a year – and more US online readers than every big city newspaper in America other than the New York Times.
29A56EE600000578-0-image-a-6_1434397297369.jpg

+3

The Clinton campaign hired two passenger vans to drive reporters to Rochester, NH on Monday morning but refused to let me board them, saying I wasn't approved to attend the morning event

(The traveling press pool welcomes all credentialed outlets, whether they're from the U.S. or Antarctica. The Guardian and AFP, from the UK and France respectively, are already part of it.)
Perhaps they realized that wasn’t going to fly because next they claimed the campaign was trying to follow the example of the White House pool, and by that standard we should have been excluded.
(DailyMail.com is part of what's called the 'supplemental' White House pool. Although our excellent White House correspondent, Francesca Chambers, has the same permanent credentials as her counterparts at The New York Times, the Associated Press and CNN.)
Ultimately, Merrill said they just wanted time to figure things out. Just enough time, I thought, for me to leave New Hampshire.
The bottom line is that for whatever half-baked reason, the Clinton campaign has decided that it wants to control which reporters, from which news organizations, can come along for the ride and report their impressions of what’s going on.
That's not okay. It's the kind of thing that raises questions about transparency and launches let-them-eat-cake metaphors.
The Clinton campaign asked the press to set up the pool. But just like the White House pool – which is run by the White House Correspondents Association, not the Obama administration – Merrill and his team don't get to pick and choose who's on duty.
(That's decided by a rotating schedule.)
I showed up in Rochester on Monday morning, found the YMCA where the Clinton event was being held, and walked through the front door. A Secret Service agent wouldn't let me go any further.
29A56EF400000578-0-image-a-7_1434397302450.jpg

+3

Clinton's Secret Service detail drove her to New Hampshire in the famous 'Scooby' van, dropping her off Monday morning for a forum on early childhood education – which DailyMail.com was forbidden to cover

He sent me to another door, where the agent in charge of Clinton's protection detail heard who I work for and said, 'Oh. No.' I was sent back to door number one.
The first agent called a campaign staffer, and then told me that a final decision had been reached: I couldn't come in.
He also told me that for security reasons, I couldn't walk down the hall to use the bathroom.
'Hit the woods,' was his advice.
The question remains: Why?
As well as its huge US audience, DailyMail.com has a larger online audience than any other English-language newspaper in the world. More than 225 million unique visitors come to our website every month. Every political campaign worth its salt should welcome a news organization of our size and influence to show up, kick the tires and report what's going on.
Smaller outlets, too, including those with foreign ownership, should be welcome. Candidates and their handlers shouldn't have a say.
I suspect the decision has little to do with where my employers are from, and a lot to do with how we cover the news.
DailyMail.com doesn't hire stenographers. We chase stories aggressively. We don't pull punches. As a British-owned outlet, we don't institutionally have a dog in the U.S. election fight.
We genuinely haven’t already decided which candidates we want to see get the nominations or which party’s candidate eventually win.
We tell it as we see it – without fear and without favor to any side.
Two days ago, after Clinton delivered a speech in New York City to re-launch her campaign, I tweeted my view of scribes who 'reported exactly, and only, what the campaign wanted them to.' I don’t believe in coincidences.
I've followed Clinton's motorcade as it sped past a small New Hampshire airport, drove all the way to Boston, and deposited her on a large jet that had First Class seats.
I got on the plane and watched her in a Washington, D.C. airport, asking her the campaign’s first questions about the Benghazi terror attack. She met me with stone silence.
After a Clinton photo-op at a bakery in April, I reported that the kitchen staff didn't want to come out and shake her hand.
The nature of Clinton's very first small-scale event in Iowa – an intimate and apparently unscripted coffee-shop meet and greet – was called into question after I spoke to an attendee who said all of Clinton's table-mates were vetted and driven there by a political operative.
I get it: This kind of reporting doesn't make DailyMail.com the Clinton campaign's favorite outlet.
In the land of the free press, it's the journalists acting on behalf of readers – not the politicians acting in their own self-interest – who get to decide what's important and who's hiding the ball. We have to show up to get these stories. They can’t be covered via Google. And that’s why controlling who shows up is the equivalent of torching the free press.

Via email and telephone calls, I've heard from about 50 political journalists today, including some from nearly every major news brand I can think of.
No one who spoke to me thinks Clinton has a leg to stand on.
Journalists who do this job every day know the stakes: If we're going to elect a president who believes she's above meaningful scrutiny this early in the campaign, just imagine what things might be like in the West Wing in 2017.
That goes for everyone on the Republican side of the ledger too. (Welcome to the race, Jeb! And it’s your turn tomorrow, Mr. Trump.)
At dinnertime I headed to Monday's other 'pooled' press event, a Clinton keynote speech at the Manchester City Democratic Committee's annual dinner commemorating Flag Day.
They shut me out again, meaning that fewer people will learn what she has to say. That's ridiculous. And fans of the First Amendment may as well switch out that flag for a white one.
A press aide told me: 'You're not on the pool list so you need to leave.'
Daily Mail Online has reached out to Nick Merrill, spokesman for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign more than a half-dozen times today and have yet to hear back.

Although this guy works for a more legit news source now, he used to be an editor for a slanted right wing loon shop, Daily Caller. While I disagree with the campaigns actions barring the guy, I get why they did it. A job as a Pool "reporter" should only be open to reporters, not someone who slants the news like this guy does.

[h=1]Hillary Clinton Bans Pool Reporter With Rich History Of Lies[/h] Written by A media source // Monday, 15 June 2015 16:24 //

• font size

Reporters are going a little bit nuts this morning over the Clinton campaign's decision to ban a pool reporter from that bastion of journalistic integrity, The Daily Mail. While I generally frown on banning reporters from anything, this case warrants an exception.
Here's the guy they banned, whose history includes a decade-long stint of sock puppetry on behalf of corporate interests everywhere

-- Richard "Rick" Berman.
e4f33e98a3.png

David Martosko's "professional" background is colorful, to say the least.

Before Martosko was exiled to The Daily Mail, he was the editor of Tucker Carlson's hack site, the Daily Caller. He set about the work of ratfcking with a purpose there, lying about Senator Robert Menendez and hookers in order to try and knock Menendez out of contention.
More of his resumé, viaMother Jones:
Before Daily Caller Editor
Original Source

Tokens
[h=1]Multi-millionaire Romney disses Hillary: 'She’s smiling with her mouth but her eyes are saying, "Where’s my latte?" '[/h]
  • Romney was attacked during the 2012 campaign for coming off as too 'robot-like' in his own interactions with voters
  • 'What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander,' Romney said. 'I got beaten up on that sort of stuff, and I think Hillary Clinton has to expect the same treatment'
  • Democratic Party chair shot back: 'If he’s asking where her latte is, where is their Kool-Aid, because that’s the Republicans’ drink of choice'

Republicans' most recent nominee for president Mitt Romney took a shot at Democrat's 2016 front-runner Hillary Clinton today over her perceived insincerity on the stump.
Romney, a multi-millionaire who was attacked during the 2012 campaign for coming off as too 'robot-like' in his own interactions with voters, pegged Clinton as an elitist today on MSNBC.
'When you see her on stage or when she comes into a room full of people, she’s smiling with her mouth but her eyes are saying, 'Where’s my latte?" ' Romney said on Morning Joe. 'It just doesn’t suggest that she believes in everything that she’s saying.'

29A5794200000578-3125199-image-m-10_1434408803247.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+2

Mitt Romney, a multi-millionaire who was attacked during the 2012 campaign for coming off as too 'robot-like' in his own interactions with voters, pegged Clinton as an elitist today on MSNBC

Democrats tagged Romney, the founder of private equity firm Bain Capitol, as an out-of-touch corporate raider who didn't understand the plight of average Americans during the last election cycle.
The former Massachusetts governor has a sizable fortune and he's worth roughly $250 million.
Clinton's exact net worth is unknown, but it's thought to be in the $20 million range and as high as $50 million. She and her husband, former President Bill Clinton earned $25 million from speaking engagements in last year and a half alone.
'What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander,' Romney said today, according to The Hill, 'which is, I got beaten up on that sort of stuff, and I think Hillary Clinton has to expect the same treatment.'

Romney blasted Clinton's campaign to champion the causes of what her campaign calls 'everyday' Americans given her own wealth.
'Hillary Clinton is somebody who talks about how much money some people are making and how much less other people are making, but look at how much money she’s been making,' he said.
Democratic National Committee Chairwoman and Florida Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz fired back later on another MSNBC program, The Rundown.
'If he’s asking where her latte is, where is their Kool-Aid, because that’s the Republicans’ drink of choice,' Wasserman Schultz said.
299D93CB00000578-3125199-image-a-11_1434408940610.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+2

Broadening her insult to include the GOP's slate of 2016 candidates, Wasserman Schultz said, 'Whether it’s Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, their entire field all sing off the same song sheet, drink the same Kool-Aid.
'They cut taxes for the wealthiest, most fortunate Americans. They want to go back to trickle-down economics that’s been tried and failed by their party over and over again,' she proclaimed.
Romney is not running again in 2016 and has instead positioned himself as a party booster. He last week hosted a retreat in Utah for prospective Republican presidential candidates and his network of donors.
Pressed by Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough today to rethink his decision to cross his name off the ballot next year, Romney told him, 'Sorry about that, Joe. I’m counting on you getting in the race.
'I think that’s a better shot,' he said, teasing the former Republican congressman.

Tokens
Although this guy works for a more legit news source now, he used to be an editor for a slanted right wing loon shop, Daily Caller. While I disagree with the campaigns actions barring the guy, I get why they did it. A job as a Pool "reporter" should only be open to reporters, not someone who slants the news like this guy does.

Hillary Clinton Bans Pool Reporter With Rich History Of Lies

Written by A media source // Monday, 15 June 2015 16:24 //

• font size

Reporters are going a little bit nuts this morning over the Clinton campaign's decision to ban a pool reporter from that bastion of journalistic integrity, The Daily Mail. While I generally frown on banning reporters from anything, this case warrants an exception.
Here's the guy they banned, whose history includes a decade-long stint of sock puppetry on behalf of corporate interests everywhere

e4f33e98a3.png

Before Martosko was exiled to The Daily Mail, he was the editor of Tucker Carlson's hack site, the Daily Caller. He set about the work of ratfcking with a purpose there, lying about Senator Robert Menendez and hookers in order to try and knock Menendez out of contention.
Original Source

I guess he's not a very good brown noser.

Tokens

• font size

e4f33e98a3.png

Original Source

No great surprise. If Mme Hillarious can't control you, she doesn't want to know you. And that's been consistent, all the way back to hubby's first inaugural when she showed up dressed as the Ice Queen with expression to match. Just so American voters know, before to the polls they go.

Tokens

• font size

e4f33e98a3.png

Original Source

She probably thought you might ask her a tough question, like: "Do you lie for fun, or is it compulsive?"

Tokens

• font size

e4f33e98a3.png

Original Source

Depending on the journalist, DM can be incredibly biased, but it can also be incredibly fair about what it reports. Just like every other news outlet I have ever read. I don't care what the campaigns reasons are. If your afraid of the press and of public scrutiny, you don't deserve to be president. I don't believe presidential candidates and their campaigns should legally be able to turn press away. My 2 cents I guess.

Banned
Tokens
Depending on the journalist, DM can be incredibly biased, but it can also be incredibly fair about what it reports. Just like every other news outlet I have ever read. I don't care what the campaigns reasons are. If your afraid of the press and of public scrutiny, you don't deserve to be president. I don't believe presidential candidates and their campaigns should legally be able to turn press away. My 2 cents I guess.

I don't disagree, and I'm not impugning daily mail. Their choice of "reporter" in this case though, yeah.
Hack sites like Daily Caller, Brietbart, Think Progress, etc, aren't news sites, and people working for them aren't reporters. They have their place, but it's not reporting, it's slanting and presenting their POV. A reporter reports, and lets you decide. They don't slant the news, as this clown has. He should not be the sole source reporting on a day of a Hillary campaign, much like David Corn shouldn't be the sole source, reporting on a day of Ted Cruz campaigning if we want to keep things real and honest.

Tokens
[h=1]CLINTON CAMPAIGN WON’T COMMIT TO RELEASING HILLARY MEDICAL RECORDS[/h]

GettyImages-87847251-640x504.jpg

by BREITBART NEWS15 Jun 20152480

On Sunday, Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager would not commit to releasing her health records during the 2016 campaign.
Face the Nation host John Dickerson pointed out that “Hillary Clinton had a big health scare when she was secretary of state” and asked campaign manager Robby Mook, “will she release her medial records as part of this campaign?”
“I will let Hillary decide that,” Mook answered. “But I can tell you she has been hitting the campaign trail hard.”
In 2012, Clinton had to delay her Benghazi testimony to Congress after she fell and suffered a concussion. She later was treated for a blood clot in her brain, which experts said could have been “life threatening.” Though Clinton joked about her “cracked head” in emails that the State Department recently released, Bill Clinton revealed last year that Hillary’s injuries “required six months of very serious work to get over.”
On the stump this weekend, Clinton tried to deflect concerns about her age by saying that she would be the “youngest woman president” if elected to the White House.

Tokens
[h=1]45 times Secretary Clinton pushed the trade bill she now opposes[/h]By Jake Tapper, and The Lead staff
Updated 6:59 PM ET, Mon June 15, 2015

150615095559-hillary-clinton-lemonade-trade-agenda-00004004-exlarge-169.jpg

• [h=3][/h][h=2][/h]

[h=4][/h]

Hillary Clinton on trade: Let's turn lemons into lemonade 02:32

Washington (CNN)Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, as a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, seems reluctant to take a firm position on an issue dividing her party: whether President Obama should have fast-track trading authority for the immense trade deal he has been negotiating, the Trans-Pacific Partnership. With some progressive voters eyeing her with some skepticism, and facing a challenge (such as it is) from candidates on her left, she is being advised to tack in that direction.

President Obama has been pushing hard for the deal, while Democrats in the House of Representatives on Friday revolted and voted against a key part of the legislation. One told me, "there was a very strong concern about the lost jobs and growing income inequality," adding, pointedly: "Ms. Clinton should take notice."
150429165903-tpp-tpa-trans-pacific-partnership-explainer-origwx-js-00002027-medium-plus-169.jpg

• [h=3][/h][h=2][/h]

Here's why the TPP is such a big deal 03:24

PLAY VIDEO

She clearly did. After first dodging the issue, on Sunday in Iowa, Clinton said that "the President should listen to and work with his allies in Congress, starting with (House Minority Leader) Nancy Pelosi, who have expressed their concerns about the impact that a weak agreement would have on our workers, to make sure we get the best, strongest deal possible. And if we don't get it, there should be no deal."
Clinton said, "there are some specifics in there that could and should be changed. So I am hoping that's what happens now -- let's take the lemons and turn it into lemonade."
But as members of the Obama administration can attest, Clinton was one of the leading drivers of the TPP when Secretary of State. Here are 45 instances when she approvingly invoked the trade bill about which she is now expressing concerns:
[h=3]1. January 31, 2013: Remarks on American Leadership at the Council on Foreign Relations[/h]"First and foremost, this so-called pivot has been about creative diplomacy:Like signing a little-noted treaty of amity and cooperation with ASEAN that opened the door to permanent representation and ultimately elevated a forum for engaging on high-stakes issues like the South China Sea. We've encouraged India's "Look East" policy as a way to weave another big democracy into the fabric of the Asia Pacific. We've used trade negotiations over the Trans-Pacific Partnership to find common ground with a former adversary in Vietnam. And the list goes on."

[h=3]2. January 18, 2013: Remarks With Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida[/h]"We also discussed the Trans-Pacific Partnership and we shared perspectives on Japan's possible participation, because we think this holds out great economic opportunities to all participating nations."
[h=3]3. November 29, 2012: Remarks at the Foreign Policy Group's "Transformational Trends 2013 Forum"[/h]"...let me offer five big-ticket agenda items that we absolutely have to get right as well. This starts with following through on what is often called our pivot to the Asia Pacific, the most dynamic region in our rapidly changing world. Much of the attention so far has been on America's increasing military engagement. But it's important that we also emphasize the other elements of our strategy. In a speech in Singapore last week, I laid out America's expanding economic leadership in the region, from new trade agreements like the Trans-Pacific Partnership to stepped-up efforts on behalf of American businesses."
"...We are welcoming more of our neighbors, including Canada and Mexico, into the Trans-Pacific Partnership process. And we think it's imperative that we continue to build an economic relationship that covers the entire hemisphere for the future."
[h=3]4. November 17, 2012: Delivering on the Promise of Economic Statecraft[/h]"And with Singapore and a growing list of other countries on both sides of the Pacific, we are making progress toward finalizing a far-reaching new trade agreement called the Trans-Pacific Partnership. The so-called TPP will lower barriers, raise standards, and drive long-term growth across the region. It will cover 40 percent of the world's total trade and establish strong protections for workers and the environment. Better jobs with higher wages and safer working conditions, including for women, migrant workers and others too often in the past excluded from the formal economy will help build Asia's middle class and rebalance the global economy. Canada and Mexico have already joined the original TPP partners. We continue to consult with Japan. And we are offering to assist with capacity building, so that every country in ASEAN can eventually join. We welcome the interest of any nation willing to meet 21st century standards as embodied in the TPP, including China."
[h=3]5. November 15, 2012: Remarks at Techport Australia[/h]"...we need to keep upping our game both bilaterally and with partners across the region through agreements like the Trans-Pacific Partnership or TPP. Australia is a critical partner. This TPP sets the gold standard in trade agreements to open free, transparent, fair trade, the kind of environment that has the rule of law and a level playing field. And when negotiated, this agreement will cover 40 percent of the world's total trade and build in strong protections for workers and the environment."
[h=3]6. November 14, 2012: Remarks With Australian Foreign Minister Robert Carr, Australian Defense Minister Stephen Smith, and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta[/h]"Our diplomats work side by side at regional organizations to address shared security challenges and hammer out new economic agreements, and we congratulate Australia upon becoming a new nonpermanent member of the Security Council. Our growing trade across the region, including our work together to finalize the Trans-Pacific Partnership, binds our countries together, increases stability, and promotes security."
[h=3]7. November 14, 2012: Remarks at the Opening of the AUSMIN Ministerial[/h]"That means finalizing the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which will lower trade barriers, raise labor and environmental standards, and drive growth across the region. And it includes, of course, working closely together at the upcoming East Asia Summit to advance a shared agenda."
[h=3]8. September 8, 2012: Remarks at APEC CEO Summit[/h]"That means pushing governments to support high-standard trade agreements like the Trans-Pacific Partnership, to drop harmful protectionist policies. It means playing by the rules, respecting workers, and opening doors qualified women. And most of all, it means doing what you do best: build, hire, and grow."
[h=3]9. August 31, 2012: Remarks With New Zealand Prime Minister Key[/h]PRIME MINISTER KEY: "Secretary Clinton and I discussed the broad range of issues in the Asia Pacific region as we look towards the APEC summit in Russia in around 10 days time. New Zealand warmly supports the United States rebalancing towards the Asia-Pacific and we welcome the opportunities to cooperate further. In that context, we discussed our ongoing efforts to negotiate, alongside a number of other countries, a Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement."
SECRETARY CLINTON: "I'm also very committed to expanding investment and trade in the region, in pursuit of sustainable economic growth. Later today, I'll meet with local pearl vendors from here in the Cook Islands who are running their businesses while also protecting marine resources."
[h=3]10. July 13, 2012: Remarks to the Lower Mekong Initiative Women's Gender Equality and Empowerment Dialogue[/h]"We've also made workers rights a centerpiece of a new far-reaching trade agreement called the Trans-Pacific Partnership. We are working with Vietnam, Malaysia, Australia, Canada, Mexico, and others in these negotiations."
[h=3]11. July 10, 2012: Remarks With Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh After Their Meeting[/h]"So we're working on expanding it through a far-reaching, new regional trade agreement called the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which would lower trade barriers while raising standards on everything from labor conditions to environmental protection to intellectual property. Both of our countries will benefit. And in fact, economists expect that Vietnam would be among the countries under the Trans-Pacific Partnership to benefit the most. And we hope to finalize this agreement by the end of the year."
[h=3]12. July 10, 2012: Remarks at American Chamber of Commerce Reception and Commercial Signings[/h]"Domestic and international businesses alike continue to face rules that restrict their activities, and that, in turn, deters investment and slows growth. So we are encouraging the Government of Vietnam to keep on the path of economic and administrative reform to open its markets to greater private investment. And through the Trans-Pacific Partnership, we're working with Vietnam and seven other nations to lower trade barriers throughout the region, as we ensure the highest standards for labor, environmental, and intellectual property protections. Vietnam was an early entrant to the TPP, and we're hoping we can finalize the agreement this year. And the economic analysis is that of all the countries that will be participating -- Australia, Canada, Mexico, others -- of all the countries participating in the TPP, Vietnam stands to benefit the most. So we're hoping to really see this agreement finalized and then watch it take off."
[h=3]13. July 8, 2012: Remarks With Foreign Minister Koichiro Gemba[/h]"We also discussed the opportunity to strengthen our economic relationship, and the United States welcomes Japan's interest in the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which we think will connect economies throughout the region, making trade and investment easier, spurring exports, creating jobs. The TPP is just one element of our increased focus on the Asia Pacific, but it is important that we recognize that the Japanese-American relationship is really at the cornerstone of everything we are doing in the Asia Pacific. We are not only treaty allies; we are friends and partners with common interests and shared values."
[h=3]14. April 30, 2012: Remarks With Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, Philippines Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario, and Philippines Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin After Their Meeting[/h]"Finally, we discussed the maturing economic relationship between our countries as well as our shared commitment to enhanced development, trade, and investment. We would like to see the Philippines join the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade community. The foreign secretary raised the Philippines' interest in seeking passage of the Save our Industries Act, and we have conveyed that message to the United States Congress."
[h=3]15. April 12, 2012: Remarks at the White House Conference on Connecting the Americas[/h]"Now President Obama and I have said many times that this will be America's Pacific century, and we are focused on the broader Pacific. But remember, the Pacific runs from the Indian Ocean to the western shores of Latin America. We see this as one large area for our strategic focus. That's why we're working with APEC; that's why we're creating the Trans-Pacific Partnership. We recognize the mutual benefits of engagement between the Americas and the rest of the Pacific."
[h=3]16. April 10, 2012: Forrestal Lecture at the Naval Academy[/h]"As part of that same trip last November, the President built momentum for a new far-reaching trade agreement called the Trans-Pacific Partnership that we are negotiating with eight other countries in the Asia-Pacific region. This agreement is not just about eliminating barriers to trade, although that is crucial for boosting U.S. exports and creating jobs here at home. It's also about agreeing on the rules of the road for an integrated Pacific economy that is open, free, transparent, and fair. It will put in place strong protections for workers, the environment, intellectual property, and innovation -- all key American values. And it will cover emerging issues such as the connectivity of regional supply chains, the competitive impact of state-owned enterprises, and create trade opportunities for more small-and-medium-sized businesses."
[h=3]17. April 21, 2012: Keynote Address At Global Business Conference[/h]"Big or small, we're standing up for an economic system that benefits everyone, like when our Embassy in Manila worked with Filipino authorities on new intellectual property protections or when our negotiators ensure that the new Trans-Pacific Partnership requires that state-owned enterprises compete under the same rules as private companies."
[h=3]18. February 1, 2012: Remarks With Singaporean Foreign Minister and Minister for Law K. Shanmugam[/h]"This is a very consequential relationship. The multidimensional growth of our relationship with Singapore is an example of the importance that the United States sets on strengthening our engagement in the Asia Pacific. We are working together on a full range of issues, including moving forward on a high-quality trade agreement through the Trans-Pacific Partnership process."
[h=3]19. December 19, 2011: Remarks With Japanese Foreign Minister Koichiro Gemba After Their Meeting[/h]"The minister and I also discussed a number of bilateral and regional issues and reviewed the close and ongoing collaboration between Japan and the United States in the aftermath of last March's earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear crisis. We discussed Japan's recent move to pursue consultations on joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations to resolve longstanding trade concerns in order to deepen the economic ties to the benefit of both our countries. I also urged that Japan take decisive steps so that it accedes to The Hague Convention on International Parental Child Abduction and address outstanding cases."
[h=3]20. November 18, 2011: Remarks at ASEAN Business and Investment Summit[/h]"Now let me describe briefly four ways that we want to work with you: first, by lowering trade barriers; second, by strengthening the investment climate; third, by pursuing commercial diplomacy; and fourth, by supporting entrepreneurs. We're excited about the innovative trade agreement called the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or TPP. That would bring economies from across the Pacific, developed and developing alike, into a single trading community, not only to create more growth, but better growth."
[h=3]21. November 16, 2011: Presentation of the Order of Lakandula, Signing of the Partnership for Growth And Joint Press Availability With Philippines Foreign Secretary Albert Del Rosario[/h]"Together we hope to deliver an array of benefits to the people, including more foreign investment to create new jobs, a more streamlined court system that can deliver justice and protect local businesses, better services, and more resources to fight poverty. Over time, these steps will better position the Philippines to join the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which we hope will dramatically increase trade and investment among the peoples of the Pacific."
[h=3]22. November 10, 2011: America's Pacific Century[/h]"There is new momentum in our trade agenda with the recent passage of the U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement and our ongoing work on a binding, high-quality Trans-Pacific Partnership, the so-called TPP. The TPP will bring together economies from across the Pacific, developed and developing alike, into a single 21st century trading community. A rules-based order will also be critical to meeting APEC's goal of eventually creating a free trade area of the Asia Pacific."
[h=3]23. October 14, 2011: Economic Statecraft[/h]One of America's great successes of the past century was to build a strong network of relationships and institutions across the Atlantic -- an investment that continues to pay off today. One of our great projects in this century will be to do the same across the Pacific. Our Free Trade Agreement with South Korea, our commitment to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, are clear demonstrations that we are not only a resident military and diplomatic power in Asia, we are a resident economic power and we are there to stay."
[h=3]24. September 15, 2011: Celebrating 60 years of the U.S.-Australia Alliance[/h]"We are working to encourage trade through the Trans-Pacific Partnership and through APEC, whose leaders the President will be hosting this fall in Hawaii. Together, we are strengthening regional institutions like the East Asia Summit and ASEAN. And as Secretary Panetta will explain, our military relationship is deepening and becoming even more consequential."
[h=3]25. July 25, 2011: Remarks on Principles for Prosperity in the Asia-Pacific[/h]"That is the spirit behind the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the so-called TPP, which we hope to outline by the time of APEC in November, because this agreement will bring together economies from across the Pacific—developed and developing alike—into a single trading community."
[h=3]26. July 20, 2011: Remarks on India and the United States: A Vision for the 21st Century[/h]"The United States is pushing forward on comprehensive trade deals like the Trans-Pacific Partnership and our free trade agreement with South Korea. We are also stepping up our commercial diplomacy and pursuing a robust economic agenda at APEC. India, for its part, has concluded or will soon conclude new bilateral economic partnerships with Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, and others. The more our countries trade and invest with each other and with other partners, the more central the Asia Pacific region becomes to global commerce and prosperity, and the more interest we both have in maintaining stability and security. As the stakes grow higher, we should use our shared commitment to make sure that we have maritime security and freedom of navigation. We need to combat piracy together. We have immediate tasks that we must get about determining."
[h=3]27. May 17, 2011: Secretary Clinton's Remarks With New Zealand Foreign Minister Murray McCully[/h]"We looked ahead to the East Asia summit where President Obama will participate for the first time, and the United States will send our largest, most senior delegation ever to the Pacific Island Forum in New Zealand later this year. We talked about developments in Fiji, and both New Zealand and the United States agree that the military junta must take steps to return Fiji to democracy. And we agree on the importance of pursuing negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which will provide a free trade agreement for nine countries across the region, including both of ours. We're making steady progress on this. We hope to be able to have the negotiations complete by the time we all meet in Hawaii for APEC toward the end of this year."
[h=3]28. May 2, 2011: Remarks With Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd After Their Meeting[/h]"And both of us understand the benefits of deeper economic integration and fair trade. Minister Rudd was very influential in helping us to work toward a greater, more relevant involvement in the Pacific-Asian institutions, such as joining the East Asian Summit. The Trans-Pacific Partnership, which is exploring ways to expand opportunity, is critical, and APEC and ASEAN are two other organizations where we work together."
[h=3]29. April 17, 2011: Remarks at the American Chamber of Commerce Breakfast[/h]"We will be hosting the 2011 APEC summit in Hawaii later this year. We are pushing to advance economic integration, remove trade barriers, and make sure that our national regulations line up in a way that encourages trade. We are also working hard on the trans-Pacific partnership, a cutting edge regional free trade agreement that would eventually cover an area responsible for over 40 percent of global trade."
[h=3]30. March 18, 2011: Remarks at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) on Latin America[/h]"As countries step up on the global stage, they will make essential contributions to helping all of us meet some of those most important challenges. Mexico, for example, made a crucial contribution to the fight against climate change through its remarkable leadership in Cancun last year. Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina in the G-20; Chile and Mexico in the OECD; Chile and Peru in the Trans-Pacific Partnership; and along with Mexico in APEC, these are all helping to build a foundation for balanced global growth, a transparent global economy, and broad-based opportunity. "
[h=3]31. March 9, 2011: Remarks at the First Senior Officials Meeting (SOM) for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum[/h]"The United States is also making important progress on the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which will bring together nine APEC economies in a cutting-edge, next generation trade deal, one that aims to eliminate all trade tariffs by 2015 while improving supply change, saving energy, enhancing business practices both through information technology and green technologies. To date, the TPP includes Brunei, Chile, New Zealand, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Peru, Vietnam and the United States."
[h=3]32. January 14, 2011: Inaugural Richard C. Holbrooke Lecture on a Broad Vision of U.S.-China Relations in the 21st Century[/h]"We are taking steps to ensure that our defense posture reflects the complex and evolving strategic environment in the region and we are working to ratify a free trade agreement with South Korea and pursuing a regional agreement through the Trans-Pacific Partnership to help create new opportunities for American companies and support new jobs here at home. Those goals will be front and center when we host the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum in Hawaii later this year."
[h=3]33: November 7, 2010: Remarks at U.S. Trade Promotion Event[/h]"Now, we've seen how bilateral trade benefits both sides. Our challenge now is to broaden those benefits. That means we have to look for even more opportunities to increase trade and investment between us. And it means that we work harder to broaden the benefits of trade even beyond our two countries. Australia is an important partner in negotiating the ambitious new multilateral trade deal called the Trans Pacific Partnership. Over time, we hope to deliver a groundbreaking agreement that connects countries as diverse as Peru and Vietnam with America and Australia to create a new free trade zone that can galvanize commerce, competition, and growth across the entire Pacific region."
[h=3]34. November 7, 2010: Speech and Townterview with Australian Broadcasting Company[/h]"To continue this progress, we are both pressing ahead on something called the Trans-Pacific Partnership. It's an ambitious multilateral free trade agreement that would bring together many more nations of the Pacific Rim. Australia and the United States are helping to lead those negotiations and we're also working through APEC, which the United States will host in Hawaii in 2011. We see that as a pivotal year to drive progress on internal economic changes that will open more markets and make sure that any growth is more sustainable and inclusive. And finally, we believe that the United States and Australia have been at the forefront of organize the entire region for the future."
[h=3]35. November 5, 2010: Christchurch Trade Reception Hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce[/h]"We are looking for ways to broaden and deepen our economic ties and build on the strong foundation we already have. And we think that the Trans-Pacific Partnership is a very exciting opportunity. This multilateral free trade agreement would bring together nine countries located in the Asia Pacific region -- New Zealand and the United States, Australia, Chile, Singapore, Brunei, Peru, Vietnam, and Malaysia. By eliminating most tariffs and other trade barriers, and embracing productive policies on competition, intellectual property, and government procurement, we can spur greater trade and integration not only among the participating countries, but as a spur to the entire region."
[h=3]36. November 4, 2010: Remarks With New Zealand Prime Minister John Phillip Key and New Zealand Foreign Minister Murray Stuart McCully[/h]" Well, let me say that we discussed at some length, both the foreign minister and I and then the prime minister and I, the way forward on trade. We are very committed to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and New Zealand, again, is playing a leading role. And we want to expedite the negotiations as much as possible. So we are exploring ways that we can try to drive this agenda. I am absolutely convinced that opening up markets in Asia amongst all of us and doing so in a way that creates win-win situations so that people feel that trade is in their interests."
[h=3]37. November 3, 2010: Remarks at the Pratt & Whitney Trade Event[/h]"That is why the United States is very pleased by Malaysia's decision to join the negotiations for the Trans Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership. This regional trade agreement will promote shared success by expanding markets and building a level playing field for workers in every country that participates."
[h=3]38. November 2, 2010: Remarks with Malaysian Foreign Minister Anifah Aman[/h]"Finally, we are pleased that Malaysia joined last month's negotiations for the Trans-Pacific Partnership. That is a pact that would expand markets and create a level playing field for people in every country that does participate. I know there are tough issues to work out, as there always are with these agreements, but Malaysia's leadership in this region for greater economic growth is absolutely essential."
[h=3]39. November 2, 2010: Secretary Clinton's Meeting with Kuala Lumpur Embassy Staff and Their Families[/h]"And I think we have tremendous opportunities here. But I know when I leave tomorrow, the work to make those opportunities into realities falls to all of you. So I know a lot is expected of you, but we're going to be doing even more in Malaysia. We have a lot of plans for educational exchanges. We have some very exciting work on the Trans-Pacific Partnership, enhancing trade and investment (inaudible) that will promote closer cooperation."
[h=3]40. November 2, 2010: Townterview Hosted by Media Prima in Malaysia[/h]"So in our meetings with your government officials and even in my conversation with the prime minister earlier today, we of course talked about our bilateral relationship but we also talked about the role that Malaysia is playing in the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a new free trade agreement that will enhance market access, but also working to support Afghanistan and the people there with training and medical services."
[h=3]41. October 30, 2010:Remarks With Vietnamese Foreign Minister Pham Gia Khiem[/h]"I n trade, our two countries have already made great progress. Fifteen years ago, our bilateral trade was about $450 million. Last year it was more than $15 billion. And the foreign minister and the prime minister and I talked about how to expand this trade relationship, including through the Trans-Pacific Partnership. The United States, Vietnam, and seven other countries finished a third round of negotiations on the TPP this month and we hope that Vietnam can conclude it in internal process and announce its status as a full member of the partnership soon."
[h=3]42. October 28, 2010: America's Engagement in the Asia-Pacific[/h]"We are also pressing ahead with negotiations for the Trans-Pacific Partnership, an innovative, ambitious multilateral free trade agreement that would bring together nine Pacific Rim countries, including four new free trade partners for the United States, and potentially others in the future. 2011 will be a pivotal year for this agenda. Starting with the Korea Free Trade Agreement, continuing with the negotiation of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, working together for financial rebalancing at the G-20, and culminating at the APEC Leaders Summit in Hawaii, we have a historic chance to create broad, sustained, and balanced growth across the Asia Pacific and we intend to seize that."
[h=3]43. September 8, 2010: Remarks on United States Foreign Policy[/h]"On the economic front, we've expanded our relationship with APEC, which includes four of America's top trading partners and receives 60 percent of our exports. We want to realize the benefits from greater economic integration. In order to do that, we have to be willing to play. To this end, we are working to ratify a free trade agreement with South Korea, we're pursuing a regional agreement with the nations of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and we know that that will help create new jobs and opportunities here at home."
[h=3]44. July 22, 2010: Remarks With Vietnam Deputy Prime Minister And Foreign Minister Pham Gia Khiem[/h]"And I am very much supportive of Vietnam's participation as a full member in the Trans-Pacific Partnership. As Vietnam embarks on labor and other reforms, the American businesses that are investing in Vietnam can provide expertise that will aid Vietnam's economic and infrastructure development."
[h=3]45. January 12, 2010: Remarks on Regional Architecture in Asia: Principles and Priorities[/h]"In addition, the United States is engaging in the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade negotiations as a mechanism for improving linkages among many of the major Asia-Pacific economies. And to build on political progress, we must support efforts to protect human rights and promote open societies."

Tokens
Guesser is "hacking away" again. Who else would spend so much time on a "reporter" lol. Why talk about Hillary when we know he will not vote for her lol. It is ridiculous that he even posts on this thread if he is so emphatic about Hillary. Stories about Hillary and Bill abound, it is a never ending fountain of information that the Guessers of the world don't want to hear. Who elese would run down sources like Breitbart? His zipper is down and in fact always has been. Won't vote for Hillary lol. Only a hack attacks posters simply because they do not think like them. He doesn't trust her he says yet he does not trust anyone on the right. Really. Get real.

Tokens
[h=2]Yes, Hillary Clinton Emphasized Gender During Failed 2008 Campaign[/h]New York Times complained that Hillary's incessant sales pitch as "first woman nominee" had "tarnished" campaign
BY: Andrew Stiles
June 16, 2015 5:00 am

TWEET
EMAIL

Failed candidate Hillary Clinton. (AP)

During her second official campaign launch over the weekend, Hillary Clinton made the case for her candidacy by reminding voters that while she may be very old, she is also a woman.
“I may not be the youngest candidate in this race, but I will be the youngest woman president in the history of the United States,” she said to raucous applause.
Vox called it the “best” and “most important” line in Clinton’s speech. Why? Because “it said so much about the difference between this campaign and the one she lost in 2008.”
This has, for some reason, become the conventional wisdom among the reporters following Clinton’s campaign: Clinton didn’t really emphasize her gender in 2008, but she’s going to this time around. APreported that Clinton kicked off her 2016 campaign (for the second time) “with an enthusiastic embrace of her potential to become the first woman to win the White House.” Vox‘s Jonathan Allen wrote:
Clinton advisers believe one of the biggest mistakes she made in 2008 was ignoring the appeal of the historic nature of her candidacy for the presidency. Barack Obama gave voters a chance to break new ground. Now, Clinton’s making an explicit appeal to women, as well as to men who see value in breaking the glass ceiling of the Oval Office.
So, at the very least, it’s the storyline Clinton aides are pushing to reporters. But did Clinton really “ignore the appeal of the historic nature of her candidacy for the presidency” during her failed run in 2008? It doesn’t take much Googling to suggest that this might be a bit of an overstatement.
During a Democratic primary debate on Jan. 15, 2008 (the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.), former NBC News host Brian Williams asked Clinton about the at-times racially tinged nature of her campaign against Barack Obama, including the controversial remarks BET founder Bob Johnson, a Clinton supporter, made about Obama’s youthful experiences with drugs.
In response, Clinton said she agreed with Obama that “neither race nor gender should be a part of this campaign,” before proceeding to, rather abruptly, remind everyone that she is a woman [emphasis added].
It is Dr. King’s birthday. The three of us are here in large measure because his dreams have been realized: you know, John, who is, as we know, a son of a mill worker and, you know, really has become an extraordinary success; Senator Obama, who has such an inspirational and profound story to tell America and the world; I, as a woman who is also beneficiary of the civil rights movement and the women’s movement and the human rights movement. And the Democratic Party has always been in the forefront of that.
Two weeks later, in a debate sponsored by CNN, Hillary was asked about the late Senator Ted Kennedy’s endorsement of her opponent, Barack Obama. She quickly changed the subject to how great it would be for America to elect the first woman president.
CLINTON: Well, I have the greatest respect for Senator Kennedy and the Kennedy family. And I’m proud to have three of Senator Robert Kennedy’s children, Bobby and Kathleen and Kerry, supporting me. But what I this is…
(APPLAUSE)
What I think is exciting is that the way we are looking at the Democratic field, now down to the two of us is, is we’re going to get big change. We’re going to have change. I think having the first woman president would be a huge change for America and the world.
During her closing statement at an NBC News debate on Feb. 26, 2008, Clinton emphasized the hell out of her gender:
You know, obviously I am thrilled to be running, to be the first woman president, which I think would be a sea change in our country and around the world, and would give enormous … you know, enormous hope and, you know, a real challenge to the way things have been done, and who gets to do them, and what the rules are.
But don’t take my word for it. The New York Times editorial board, which endorsed Hillary in January 2008, did not seem to think she was “ignoring the appeal of the historic nature of her candidacy” at the time. Quite the opposite, in fact:
By choosing Mrs. Clinton, we are not denying Mr. Obama’s appeal or his gifts. The idea of the first African-American nominee of a major party also is exhilarating, and so is the prospect of the first woman nominee. “Firstness” is not a reason to choose. The times that false choice has been raised, more often by Mrs. Clinton, have tarnished the campaign.
Perhaps the Times editorial board has to be even more critical of Hillary now that she has decided to base her campaign on this tarnishing concept. In any event, the Clinton campaign’s preferred narrative here seems to be a bizarre rewriting of history that doesn’t really serve any purpose. On the other hand, “Hillary vows to emphasize gender again” sounds pretty pathetic.

Life's a bitch, then you die!
Tokens
Guesser is "hacking away" again. Who else would spend so much time on a "reporter" lol. Why talk about Hillary when we know he will not vote for her lol. It is ridiculous that he even posts on this thread if he is so emphatic about Hillary. Stories about Hillary and Bill abound, it is a never ending fountain of information that the Guessers of the world don't want to hear. Who elese would run down sources like Breitbart? His zipper is down and in fact always has been. Won't vote for Hillary lol. Only a hack attacks posters simply because they do not think like them. He doesn't trust her he says yet he does not trust anyone on the right. Really. Get real.
I found that comment dubious at best.

Tokens
14 News Organizations Protest Clinton Banning Pool Reporter

GetFile.aspx
(Scott Olson/Getty Images)
By Greg Richter | Monday, 15 Jun 2015 09:45 PM

A group of 14 news organizations has issued a statement condemning the Hillary Clinton campaign for denying access to a pool reporter on Monday.

"We haven't yet had a clear explanation about why the pool reporter for today's events was denied access. But any attempt by the campaign to dictate who is in the pool is unacceptable. The pool is open to any reporter willing to take part," read the statement from news organizations including The New York Times, Boston Globe, Financial Times, New York Daily News, Politico and Washington Journal.
Special: Simple Trick that Could Eliminate 15 Years Off Your Mortgage

nmxtvlogo.png

Latest News Update​

app_dish.png

David Martosko, U.S. political editor for the U.K.-based Daily Mail was the assigned pool reporter for Monday. He told Fox News Channel's "The Kelly File" Monday that the campaign said about midnight Sunday he would not be allowed to cover the campaign, but the pool members agreed that the campaign would not dictate who could be their pool reporter and Martosko showed up Monday morning anyway.

Conflicting reasons were given, he said, but some suspect the campaign didn't like unflattering coverage Martosko gave to Clinton's Saturday campaign rally in New York City.

"Every reporter from every news organization, whether you like the Clintons or not, should stand shoulder to shoulder with us," Martosko told Fox News. "It is really unfortunate that we have to be the story here."

[/COLOR]

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/pool-reporter-denied-access/2015/06/15/id/650659/#ixzz3dErQCLOS
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

Tokens
"Every reporter from every news organization, whether you like the Clintons or not, should stand shoulder to shoulder with us," Martosko told Fox News. "It is really unfortunate that we have to be the story here."

That is so true. That is the Clinton way. Maybe he should have contributed to their Foundation lol.

Tokens
Just another "bullshit article" that the right wing NYT emailed me:

WASHINGTON — Emails that a longtime confidant to Hillary Rodham Clinton recently handed over to the House committee investigating the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, raise new questions about whether the State Department and Mrs. Clinton have complied with a series of requests from the panel.

The emails, provided by Sidney Blumenthal, a close adviser to Mrs. Clinton, include information about weapons that were circulating in Libya and about the security situation in Benghazi in the year and a half before the attacks. The committee has asked the State Department and Mrs. Clinton several times in the past year for emails from her and other department officials about “weapons located or found in” Libya and about the decision to open and maintain a diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

======

Why would anyone expect Hillary to comply with a subpoena?

Tokens

You got that right. They are above the law. And they hate Billionaires because they are merely millionaires lol.

Believe me Benghazi will never go away and why should it. They fact that she avoids it and that she has not cooperated in the investigations tell you all you need to know. If you are innocent you cooperate if not you do not it speaks for itself. I think the Dem's are beginning to count too much on the uninformed vote. I think that will be their mistake in the end. I think a large number of uninformed that turned out for Obama will not turn out for her after all is said and done. She cannot avoid the unavoidable and she will be called to task before the election. No one can list her accomplishments to date because there are none. Accomplishments are not positions she held it is what she did to make this a better nation while holding them. She will say something stupid between now and the election and she is already displaying behavior unbecoming of a future President to say the least. Who in this world does not enjoy driving their own car and would rather be a passenger everywhere they go. That tells you a lot.

I wonder if anyone has ever checked to see if she even has a drivers license.

Tokens

You got that right. They are above the law. And they hate Billionaires because they are merely millionaires lol.

Believe me Benghazi will never go away and why should it. They fact that she avoids it and that she has not cooperated in the investigations tell you all you need to know. If you are innocent you cooperate if not you do not it speaks for itself. I think the Dem's are beginning to count too much on the uninformed vote. I think that will be their mistake in the end. I think a large number of uninformed that turned out for Obama will not turn out for her after all is said and done. She cannot avoid the unavoidable and she will be called to task before the election. No one can list her accomplishments to date because there are none. Accomplishments are not positions she held it is what she did to make this a better nation while holding them. She will say something stupid between now and the election and she is already displaying behavior unbecoming of a future President to say the least. Who in this world does not enjoy driving their own car and would rather be a passenger everywhere they go. That tells you a lot.
You need to give it up....not just on the Hillary thing....on everything. You are seriously deranged.

Tokens
You need to give it up....not just on the Hillary thing....on everything. You are seriously deranged.

You really are a troll. You are a loser top to bottom. You never address the issues you just Alinsky up. What a dumb ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryptogambler86
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com