2016 Rio Summer Olympics....Go U.S.A.....Talk,Picks,Results,Videos,Pictures,Etc.

Search

Banned
Tokens
Team Democrat disqualified for no uniform in the car hop.

giphy.gif

IOC needs to check themselves, Runmaker is a Certified & Licensed Nudist. Its on his Birth Certificate. He does not have to wear clothing while competing. Also he was interfered with by that Brazilian Pickpocket Kid, between his 2nd to last and Last Car, prolly mad cuz Run had no pockets for him to Pick or iPhone to steal.

This here should have at least been good enough for Silver. He took too much time on the Black Car, Premature Celebration or...

Premature Something.

Need to File PROTEST with IOC.

Never bet against America.
Tokens
My favorite. Hope the Americans do well this time around.

200.gif

Banned
Tokens
Circular bruises on Michael Phelp's body explained and Beats Logo on his headphones visible despite IOC Command that it be covered.

During the Olympics, USA swimmers have been seen with dark circular marks around their bodies. Here is Michael Phelps walking around the pool before his 100-meter freestyle relay race.

CpTMw3oVMAA6vbY.jpg:large

It looks like Phelps either lost a fight with a vacuum cleaner or is having way too good a time in Rio, but the marks are actually a result from cupping therapy.

For the past couple years, swimmers such as Nathan Adrian and Natalie Coughlin started turning to the ancient method found in China and parts of the Middle East to aid their recovery. Cupping involves heated glass cups that are applied to parts of the body. The temperature of glass creates suction that supposedly helps treat pain and relieve muscles of knots and swelling.

While the bruising side effect isn’t too sightly, athletes of Team USA swear by it.

Not only are the swimmers doing it, but the USA men’s gymnastics team is also partaking in the therapy. Instagram posts from Alex Naddour show his own marks in an effort to alleviate the pain from grinding through his sport.

It seems to be working.

U.S. men’s gymnastics finished second during the qualifying round of the 2016 Olympics, and team members Michael Phelps and Nathan Adrian secured gold medals in the 4×100-meter freestyle relay.

While the medicinal effects of cupping are still up in the air, the results from the Olympics may make it a part of the recovery regiment of athletes in future competitions. Or it might just be another fad like the convenient ice cream recovery method.

Michael Phelps began his quest on Sunday to add to his record total of 22 career Olympic medals. Thankfully, he is a better swimmer than logo hider.

Michael_Phelps_was_forced_to-bcf55a95d60d9777f89d960ad24cd6b9

As has become a common sight at major sporting events, Phelps, who is part of the American 4x100-meter freestyle relay, was forced to put tape over the logos on his Beats headphones since the Apple division is not an official sponsor of the Summer Olympics.

There was only one problem: Phelps didn't cover all of the logos.

As soon as Phelps looked down just a little bit, you could see the "BEATS" wordmark across the top of the headphones.

Michael_Phelps_was_forced_to-2d136948c4f46ad746e1ff91133d73b2

Suddenly the tape seems like a failed attempt to stamp out what some refer to as ambush marketing strategies.

This isn't the first time that Beats has caused some controversy with athletes at the Olympics. In 2012, Beats gave many high-profile Olympians free headphones just prior to the Summer Olympics in London.

Many athletes, including Phelps, were seen wearing the headphones despite efforts by the International Olympic Committee to keep athletes from promoting brands that are not official partners of the Olympics.

Handicapper
Tokens
What to watch on day 3.

On Day 3 at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games history will be made. In women's rugby, the first Olympic gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded. In women's fencing, first-time Olympian Ibtihaj Muhammad will become the first U.S. athlete to compete for the U.S. while proudly wearing her hajib, the head covering worn in public by Muslim women.
Also, the men's U.S. basketball team is in action against Venezuela, and Kerri Walsh Jennings and April Ross return to the beach looking to pick up their second win of the Rio Olympics.

6:00 pm ET
Men’s Basketball: United States vs. Venezuela

The United States faces a Venezuelan squad making their first Olympic appearance in the men’s tournament since 1992. The game will feature a matchup of high school teammates as Venezuela’s best player Greivis Vasquez, a point guard for the Brooklyn Nets, and Kevin Durant square off. Both played for Montrose Christian School in Rockville, Maryland.

3:30 pm ET
Men’s Beach Volleyball: Gibb/Patterson (USA) vs. Huber/Seidl (AUT)

Known for his loud on-court antics and signature Mohawk, U.S. beach volleyball player Casey Patterson battles alongside veteran Jake Gibb as they take on Austria’s Alexander Huber and Robin Seidl on Day 3 in Rio.

3:30 pm ET
Men’s Beach Volleyball: Gibb/Patterson (USA) vs. Huber/Seidl (AUT)

Known for his loud on-court antics and signature Mohawk, U.S. beach volleyball player Casey Patterson battles alongside veteran Jake Gibb as they take on Austria’s Alexander Huber and Robin Seidl on Day 3 in Rio.

11:00 pm ET
Women’s Beach Volleyball: Walsh Jennings/Ross (USA) vs. Wang/Yue (CHN)

After easily disposing of an Australian team appearing in their first Games, Olympic vets Kerri Walsh Jennings and April Ross are back on the Copacabana court to face off against China’s best and 17th seed in Rio, Fan Wang and Yuan Yue. Both teams enter the match with one win in Pool C.

3:00 pm ET
Men’s Diving: Synchronized platform final

Returning to the event where he won bronze in London, Team USA’s David Boudia looks for an improved finish with new partner Steele Johnson, the young diver he has mentored for 10 years. The U.S. duo will have to best the dives of the heavily favored Chinese team of Chen Aisen and Lin Yue if they want to leave Rio with the gold.
<strike></strike>

8:00 am ET
Women’s Fencing: Individual sabre

Blue piste | Red piste | Green piste | Yellow piste | Medal bouts

Team USA’s two-time Olympic gold medalist Mariel Zagunis looks to bounce back after missing the podium in London and first-time Olympian Ibtihaj Muhammad, best known as the first U.S. athlete to compete at an Olympics while wearing a hajib, make their debuts on the pistes of Rio. Action begins at 8:00 am ET on four pistes (Blue, Red, Green and Yellow) with the bouts for gold and bronze medals beginning at 3:00 pm ET.

3:00 pm ET
Men’s Gymnastics: Team final

The Chinese men topped the podium in the team final in London, besting the silver medalists and their rivals, Team Japan, by four whole points, while Great Britain took the bronze. In Rio, less than two points separate the top-ranking Chinese team from the U.S. men. Russia, Japan and Great Britain round out the top five teams in a competition where the slightest sign of imperfection could cost a team a trip to the podium.

9:00 pm ET
Day 3 Evening Session

Men’s 200m freestyle final
Women’s 100m backstroke final
Men’s 100m backstroke final

With both U.S. defending Olympic champions Missy Franklin and Matt Grevers out, Day 3 proves to be the Australian backstroke show: 2015 world champions in the 100m backstroke Emily Seebohm and Mitch Larkin look to prove their mettle on an Olympic stage. Two U.S. swimmers could crash the Aussie party, with backstrokers Ryan Murphy and Kathleen Baker swimming the fastest times in qualifying. The 200m freestyle is more of a wildcard, with world record holder Paul Biedermann from Germany, 2015 world champion James Guy of Great Britain, China’s Sun Yang and U.S. star Conor Dwyer all in contention.
<strike></strike>

<strike></strike>

<strike></strike>

<strike></strike>

<strike></strike>

Handicapper
Tokens
Novak Djokovic 1 of 3 top seeds out of Olympic <s></s>tennis.

CpVgmKRUsAEKsKU.jpg

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Novak Djokovic shook his head and placed his palm over welling eyes on his way to the locker room after a first-round Olympic exit, devastated he might never realize his goal of adding a gold in singles to a substantial collection of Grand Slam titles.
"I mean, no doubt, it's one of the toughest losses in my life, in my career," Djokovic said later, shaking his head and speaking in subdued tones. "Not easy to handle."

The Serb was hardly alone in his disappointment on Day 2 of the Rio de Janeiro Games: He was one of three No. 1 seeds to exit the tennis competition in a wild span of 12 hours.
Djokovic's 7-6 (4), 7-6 (2) setback Sunday night was caused in large part by ferocious forehand after ferocious forehand from a resurgent Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina. That surprising result followed losses by the top-seeded duos of Serena and Venus Williams of the United States — who entered their match with a 15-0 Olympic record and three gold medals as a pair — in women's doubles, and Nicolas Mahut and Pierre-Hugues Herbert of France in men's doubles.

The second-seeded men's doubles duo of Andy and Jamie Murray departed, too.
"Got to take it on the chin," said Jamie, the older brother of two-time Wimbledon winner Andy, "and move on."
Sunday began with 25 mph winds that delayed the start of play on eight of Rio's nine tennis courts for about 2 hours, and then came so many startling outcomes.

None was more significant than 2009 U.S. Open titlist del Potro's victory over 12-time major champion and No. 1-ranked Djokovic in a thriller before a raucous crowd. The match concluded with both men, who are friends, wiping away tears after a lengthy, warm embrace at the net, during which Djokovic offered what del Potro described as "really kind words."
Del Potro has dealt with three operations to his left wrist that kept him off the Grand Slam circuit for 2½ years, until Wimbledon last month, and even he acknowledged: "I didn't expect to beat Novak tonight."

Djokovic had won seven of their eight most recent meetings, and 11 of 14 overall, before Sunday. But this is the second time that del Potro came out ahead at an Olympics: He beat Djokovic to take the bronze medal in London four years ago.
Representing Serbia means a lot to Djokovic, who led his country to a Davis Cup title and carried its flag at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Games. He did earn a bronze at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, but to a guy with so much success, anything other than being the champion is not acceptable.
There is still a shot at gold in doubles in Rio — he and Nenad Zimonjic are into the second round — but as for singles, Djokovic will be 33 by the time Tokyo hosts the 2020 Olympics.

"The wounds are still fresh," Djokovic said. "But you've got to deal with it. It's not the first (or) the last time that I'm losing a tennis match. But Olympic Games, yeah, it's completely different."
This comes a little more than a month after a third-round loss at Wimbledon against Sam Querrey of the United States, and could add to the sense that Djokovic is not as unbeatable as everyone was beginning to think he was when he won the French Open in June to become the first man in nearly a half-century to win four consecutive major trophies.

With Djokovic out of the draw, 2012 gold medalist Andy Murray, who is seeded No. 2, becomes the favorite as he bids to become the first player to win consecutive Olympic singles titles. He won his opener in that event Sunday, 6-3, 6-2 against Serbia's Viktor Troicki.
Also chasing a repeat in singles: Serena Williams, who was the only No. 1 seed with a victory Sunday, albeit a patchy one, 6-4, 6-2 against Australia's Daria Gavrilova in singles.

Then Serena went back out on court to partner Venus, who has been ill and lost in singles on Saturday. They were beaten 6-3, 6-4 by the Czech Republic's Lucie Safarova and Barbora Strycova.
"We played terrible," Serena said, "and it showed in the results."
A common theme on this day.
After he and Jamie wasted five set points in the second tiebreaker of their 7-6 (6), 7-6 (14) loss against Brazil's Thomaz Bellucci and Andre Sa, Andy said he would skip mixed doubles and let his brother play with Jo Konta.
"I'll concentrate on the singles now," Andy said. "I'll get a day off tomorrow and recover. It's been a long day."

Handicapper
Tokens
Go get em Marti.....Good luck!

CpVqwLDUsAAonMB.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
What a good way to start the day. Good morning from Rio!

CpVohrIWcAA6b6d.jpg
<strike></strike>

Handicapper
Tokens
Gabby Douglas shut out from Rio all-around final.

CpVsKQdVIAA1UID.jpg

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Gabby Douglas watched Aly Raisman stick the dismount on the beam, then rose from her seat and gave her American teammate a big hug.
Never mind that Raisman's success in Olympic qualifying Sunday ensured that Douglas couldn't defend the all-around title she won in London four years ago. Douglas had shaken off a sub-par performance in Olympic Trials and quieted critics who were convinced she didn't deserve to make this team.
For her, that was enough.

"I'm not disappointed at all," she said. "I have no regrets."
Douglas finished third behind Simone Biles and Raisman. Only two gymnasts per country can compete in Thursday's final, leaving Douglas out of luck. The divide between Douglas and Raisman was slim. She was edged by less than a half a point.
Douglas was attempting to become the first repeat all-around winner in nearly 50 years. She took time off after her triumph in London and put together a sometimes rocky comeback in which she switched coaches three times. Yet she's always had a knack for putting adversity behind her when it mattered, and when national team director Martha Karolyi rewarded her with a spot on the five-woman team, she immediately responded.

Douglas was solid in all four events, but really sparkled on the uneven bars. She earned a score of 15.766 — good for third overall and earning her a spot in the event final later in the games.
"I just really wanted to do a good bar set and really swing and just flow and stick the dismount — the polishing touch," she said.
She completed the beam without a hitch before watching Raisman do the same. It was a stark improvement from the Olympic trials where Douglas fell off the beam not once, but twice, leaving Karolyi to defend the decision to put her on the team.

"I think Gabby just proved that she has a place on this team," Karolyi said. "I know our decision was very much questioned. But I've known Gabby for many years and I knew we could make the necessary improvements that she would be a great asset to the team."
Douglas beamed when told what her coach said, but the comments were certainly no surprise to the 20-year-old. She's been bolstered by the encouragement of Karolyi for years.
"She said: 'I believe in you, and you can go out and do it,'" Douglas said. "At the end of the day, that means so much coming from the head coordinator of gymnastics. 'Cause she's very precise."

She was adamant that proving people wrong wasn't the motivation behind her work on Sunday.
"I just wanted to go out there and believe in my abilities and use the talent that I was given," she said. "I wasn't concerned with anything else."
Douglas's teammates raved about her performance and lamented that she wouldn't get a chance to compete for all-around gold. The top 24 finishers advance to the all-around finals and the American team is so dominant that if not for the rule the entire five-person team would probably advance.
"I hate the two per country rule ... I wish that they would change it but I don't think that they ever will," Raisman said. "That's the rules. You've got to respect their decision, but it is heartbreaking."

However there's no reason to feel too bad for Douglas. She's almost certain to collect another gold medal with the team the overwhelming favorite to win it all. She'll get another chance at a medal in uneven bars. Perhaps that's part of the reason why Douglas took Sunday's setback so well.
"I would have loved to go out there and defend my title, but right now I'm just rejoicing and so far this has just been an amazing experience," she said. "There's nothing to be ashamed about."

Handicapper
Tokens
Simone Biles and the evolution of the perfect 10.

CpVdszCVMAEFaFA.jpg

If you are a casual gymnastics fan – a once-every-four-year watcher – you have probably lamented the loss of the perfect 10 in the sport. I certainly have. The perfect 10 was what introduced me to gymnastics, what gave the sport its Olympic power. Imagine – the sport seemed to be saying – being PERFECT. That’s a pretty fascinating idea.
Well, don’t weep for the perfect 10. Its destruction created this glorious and implausible athlete called Simone Biles.
Let’s talk about the perfect 10 for a moment. I was just 9 years old when Romania’s Nadia Comaneci scored the first 10 in Olympic gymnastics history, but I remember it. If you are old enough, you remember it too. It was 1976, Montreal. This 14-year-old slip of a girl with ribbons in her hair and the poise of a queen did the same routine on the uneven bar that every other gymnast did – it was the compulsory portion of the competition. But she did her routine with more grace and elegance than anyone else.

The ancient digital scoreboard did not have the bandwidth to display a 10, so instead it showed a 1.00. At first, Comaneci and her coach Bela Karolyi were confused and wondered if she had fouled somehow. Then, as everyone became aware of the perfect score, there was an overwhelming roar and the sport was fundamentally changed. At that very instant, little girls all over the world had a new dream, a bigger dream than before: To go to the Olympics and be perfect like Nadia.
One of those little girls, Mary Lou Retton, would become the first American to win an all-around gymnastics gold medal. And she would inspire a whole bunch more.
Well, these 10s were awe-inspiring. But the trouble with the perfect 10 is, well, where do you go from there? It’s like the line from “This is Spinal Tap” about the band’s all black album cover – “There is something about this, that's so black, it's like: ‘How much more black could this be?’ And the answer is: "None. None more black."

Same thing here: How much more perfect could gymnasts get if they were already getting 10s? And the answer is: None. None more perfect. Once judges started giving out 10s, they could not stop. Comaneci had seven perfect 10s in Montreal. And what is often forgotten is that her rival Nellie Kim had three 10s herself.
In Moscow, four years later, nine gymnasts scored a Perfect 10 (Comaneci had two more). And then, it gets really crazy. In Los Angeles in 1984, there were a staggering FORTY-FOUR perfect 10s – and remember the Soviet bloc countries, who had dominated gymnastics, didn’t even come to Los Angeles. In Seoul four years after that, there were 28 more perfect 10s.

At this point, everyone began to realize that things were getting ridiculous. People were tripping over cracks in the sidewalk in New York and getting perfect 10s. So they more or less shut things down. There were only two perfect 10s given out in 1992 and then there were no more. According to Dvora Meyers’ comprehensive book “The End of the Perfect 10,” the last perfect 10 was achieved by Lavinia Milosovici in the floor exercise. The striking part, as Meyers explains, is that Milosovici’s routine was not a difficult as some of the others. This was a crossroads for gymnastics. A question had to be asked.

Was the sport more interested in:
1. Perfection?
2. Evolution?

Tough one. See, if the ultimate goal of gymnastics is perfection – doing a routine with perfect precision -- then there is no great incentive to take chances, to push the boundaries, to try things that could result in bobbles or falls.Comaneci’s first 10, after all, involved only the simplest of moves (and Nadia herself has said her performance was not perfect).
But if the ultimate goal is evolution then you have to give up very notion of perfection because perfection signals an ending, not a beginning. A perfect 10 suggests that a routine cannot ever be topped -- all worlds have been conquered.

Gymnastics chose evolution. Ten years ago, they dropped the whole idea of the perfect 10 and instead came up with an exceedingly complicated judging system that unquestionable has created a lot of confusion, some drama and more than a little bit of controversy.
But, if we are criticizing the new system – and mourning the ol’ perfect 10 – we do have to pause and appreciate the extraordinary and unprecedented athleticism now on display in gymnastics. It’s mind-blowing what gymnasts are doing now. This is the direction that the new scoring has taken the sport. And, of course, no one symbolizes this thrilling new age more than three-time world champion Simone Biles.

It goes without saying that Biles finished first in the all-around qualification on Sunday. Her only “competition” – and let’s put quotation marks around that word – came from her U.S. teammates Aly Raisman and Gabby Douglas. The United States team is so much better than every other team that if its four best gymnasts – Biles, Raisman, Douglas and Lauren Hernandez – were all allowed to enter the all-around competition, they would likely finish 1 through 4. Alas, countries are limited to two all-around competitors and so Douglas, the defending Olympic champion, will not compete for the all-around gold. She finished third on the team. She also finished third overall in qualifying.

In any case, the Americans are so much better than all the other gymnasts and, to be frank about it, Biles is so much better than her extraordinary teammates. The differences are not subtle. On his floor exercise, just as one example, she leaps a foot or two higher than anyone else in the world. On the balance beam, she seems to be bolted to the beam in a way that no one else can match. She is in every way a new sort of gymnast – faster, stronger, higher.
And this is what the sport now rewards. It prizes groundbreakers. It savors innovation. Every score is built around a start value, which is essentially the degree of difficulty. The harder the routine, the higher the possible score. Biles’ floor exercise is the hardest in the world, the hardest in the history of the world, and so by nailing that routine she scored a staggering 15.733, almost a full point better than any non-American (Raisman with a fantastic routine finished about a half-point behind).

Yes, of course, Biles would have been great in any era. She brings plenty of grace and energy into her routines. If she had been competing in 1984 with Mary Lou or 1976 with Nadia, she would have been very different, but she would undoubtedly have managed to get some perfect 10s. My colleague and 2008 Olympic silver medalist Samantha Peszek said that she has been judged by both systems – in fact, she scored a perfect 10 in college.
“That must have been a thrill getting a perfect 10,” I said.

“Eh,” she replied. She much prefers this current system because this current system challenges gymnasts to challenge themselves.
And with Simone Biles, well, this is the perfect time for her, the perfect era that pushes her, challenges her, continuously asks her: “OK, what ELSE can you do?” Yes, it’s true, Biles’ spectacular 16.050 on the vault Sunday does not have quite the same ring as a perfect 10. But it does something even better. It make you wonder just how much higher she can go.

Handicapper
Tokens
Mariel advances to the table of 16......Congrats!

CpVu9FnUMAAjDm5.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
Simone Biles blows away competition with near perfect vault.....Highlights.

Handicapper
Tokens
CpVznRHUMAAn1WM.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
Ibtihaj Muhammad ready for her 'great opportunity'.

CpV0BTQUMAEd0Kq.jpg

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Ibtihaj Muhammad has used her profile as an Olympian to try to change misconceptions others might have about Muslim-Americans.
On Monday, she'll become the first U.S. athlete to wear a hijab during the Olympics — and a medal in fencing isn't out of the question either.
Muhammad, ranked eighth in the world in her weapon, will open individual women's sabre competition against Olena Kravatska of Ukraine.
"I feel like this is a great opportunity and a great moment for Team USA to even be more diverse than we have in the past, and I'm just looking forward to representing myself, my community and also my country," Muhammad said.

Muhammad, a New Jersey native who started fencing in part because the uniform allowed her to adhere to the tenets of her faith, first made headlines when she qualified for the Olympics this year.
Muhammad subsequently became one of the biggest faces of the U.S. team, appearing on talk shows all over the country while garnering attention not often showered on fencers.
"I wish that, not just my life, but the lives of Muslims all over the world were a little bit easier, particularly in the United States. I'm hoping that with my first-time appearance as a member of Team USA here at the Olympics, I'm hoping that the rhetoric around the Muslim community will change," Muhammad said after arriving in Rio de Janeiro last week.

As far as the piste goes, Muhammad might just be peaking at the right time.
Muhammad, a three-time NCAA All-American at Duke, has had a slow but steady rise to the top of the sabre community. She has moved from 12th to eighth in the world standings in 2016 and won gold at the Pan American Championships in Panama in June.

Muhammad also won bronze medals in recent World Cups in Greece and France, and the Olympic fencing tournament has so far been kind to underdogs.
The first two gold medalists were ranked seventh and 11th in the world, respectively.
"Being in this moment," Muhammad said, "I'm just very appreciative and thankful that I get to not just to do this for myself because it's been a lot of hard work, but hopefully in turn do this for other people all around the world."

Handicapper
Tokens
CpTtQIbUAAAOR6C.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
CpV2NniWgAAmdlU.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
Ledecky receives her gold at the 400m freestyle ceremony.

Handicapper
Tokens
U.S. wins 4x100 freestyle relay gold behind Phelps, Adrian.....Highlights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitodesigns1
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com