The Cat's NFL Over/Under Bets, Plus More, & Detailed Writeups - Week 8 - YTD: 60-40-1 (60%)

Search
Tokens
Alright, it’s that time of the week. Out to a fine start on this Week 8 slate so hopefully I have a nice grasp on the rest of the schedule to ensure that this be my seventh winning week in eight tries. Let’s see what The Cat has to offer…
(And remember, you do not have to buy the half-point or point(s) that I recommend. Other than two games where it mattered, my record would be exactly the same if I left it at the original -110 line, thus meaning you can take these bets with their normal lines and still win anyway)

Buffalo Bills @ New Orleans Saints - $86 for $55
OVER 45 (Bought 3 points) - $60 for $35
OVER 47 (Bought 1 point) - $26 for $20
*Note: This all counts as one bet; I just don’t want all of it to be on 45, since that’s -170, but I at least want the majority of it so that if it does land on that, I barely lose anything. For those unfamiliar, in the rare times I do this, the way I score these is, say if it lands on 45, the bet as a whole would officially go into the record as a push (Since that’s the majority of it), but I would still obviously count the money lost in my +/-. If it lands on 47, the bet counts as one win, but obviously I don’t get full credit for the $50 potentially won. That’s how it should be counted.

Before you whine about me buying the maximum points here, yes, I feel it’s necessary because 45 is a very key number (28-17, 31-14) in how this game could easily play out, that being in decisive fashion, in the Super Dome. It’s no secret how good the Saints are offensively, and even with Jimmy Graham limited (At least he’s playing!), there are just so many weapons that enable Drew Brees to succeed significantly so consistently that you just can’t really slow him down at all. He’s also getting my personal favorite player back today in Lance “All That And” Moore, who actually might be a sleeper in this game. Something you might not know is that over the past three years, in the game following New Orleans’ bye week, Brees’ offense averages around 45 points/game in those contests, a trend I find very notable because a team’s matchup after their bye week indicates a collective fresh mindset. That’s crucial and should play a role in this one. The key, however, could be how Thad Lewis does in his third start this season with Buffalo, and as I predicted before his first start against Cincinnati, I thought he’d do more than a fine job. I believe Fred Jackson is in for a huge game today with C.J. Spiller out, and as long as they get 17 points on the board, even against a much-improved Saints defense in 2013, that should put us in position to take this over.

Other Over/Unders

Redskins @ Broncos OVER 54 (Bought 3 points) - $42 for $25
Listen, when it’s this high, and you know as a handicapper that the worst-case scenario is going to be right around that final number, coupled with the fact that this is a small bet, then you take your chances. I don’t want to lose if it’s a 34-20-type game, which it could easily be in any high-scoring game, so I’ll buy the points here and not look back. Simple. Off the top of my head, the over has hit in every single Broncos game this year and there’s no reason for that streak to end against an almost-equally-as-game Redskins offense that has been picking up steam. I expect this one to finish around the 34-21 mark, actually.

Jets @ Bengals UNDER 44 (Bought 2.5 points) - $32 for $20
Taking a chance by buying some juice, and not even up to the ever-popular 45, but again, it’s a minimum-size bet, meaning I’m literally only spending a few extra dollars to have it where it’s at. Thus, as long as this game doesn’t end 24-21, and I certainly don’t expect it to exceed that, I can pick up a win on this game.

Atlanta Falcons +3 @ Arizona Cardinals (Best Side Bet)
Falcons +3 - $60 for $50
Falcons ML - $20 for $25
*Note: These each count as one bet, since they’re different types of bets. Falcons ML, no matter the result, will go into a new category, that being Underdog MLs, in my statistics.

Maybe it’s just me but this bet looks like it’s completely flipped, as in the Falcons are the ones who should be favored by three. The Cardinals have not looked that good recently, especially their embattled quarterback Carson Palmer who seemingly continues to regress as Arizona’s new “franchise” quarterback, while the Falcons showed everybody something interesting last week, albeit over the hapless Buccaneers, that they’re still capable of hanging around, even with some star-studded injuries. And even so, I think they can continue to roll. I managed to catch an interesting Falcons piece on NFL Network the other day in which Matt Ryan and Tony Gonzalez basically exuded confidence that they can still content for a playoff spot and how they still “have everything” they “need.” Considering that’s coming from two of the smarter players in football, I’ll take that seriously, and perhaps Atlanta did prove last week they can still move the ball efficiently. Yes, Julio Jones and Roddy White are missing, but the former Boston College product may have a new favorite weapon in Harry Douglas, who I believe is no fluke after that break-out performance a week ago. He’s always shown glimpses of being an upper echelon receiver, and now with the opportunity to prove himself, I think he can certainly be consistent. Perhaps most importantly, the Falcons are getting back their prized offseason acquisition in Steven Jackson, which should certain bolster a running game that suffered without him. Jacquizz Rodgers proved useful in his absence and will continue to be effective now that he’s back in his second-string role being a factor in the passing game. The Falcons D hasn’t been good this year (See: Geno Smith tearing them up), but Palmer has been a turnover machine, and just hasn’t been as efficient since Larry Fitzgerald became limited on the field. Their running game struggles, and I think Atlanta’s defensive unit finally comes through with a solid performance. Certainly, there will be turnovers here, and everything just seems to bode well for the Falcons to move to 3-4 on the season. The Cardinals, who are 3-4 right now, are absolutely not a better team and are not on the verge of hitting .500. Thus, this game belongs to the Dirty Birds (And that’s not a synonym for the NFC West residents, of course).

**Will add the rest of my bets (Teasers, Props, maybe some more Sides and Over/Unders) in a bit. Just posting these as early as possible so you have a chance to get these first few more important ones in**

Tokens
Props

Terrence Williams OVER 3.5 Receptions - $30 for $20

Fred Jackson OVER 4 Receptions - $29 for $25

Fred Jackson OVER 92.5 Rush + Rec Yrds - $23 for $20

Teasers

49ers -2 - $39 for $30
Cowboys +16
WAS/DEN O44
Falcons +16

49ers -2 - $39 for $30
Cowboys +16
Falcons +16
Seahawks +2

Cowboys +16 - $26 for $20
Giants +18.5
Falcons +16
Seahawks +2

Falcons +16 - $26 for $20
BUF/NOR O35
WAS/DEN O44
Seahawks +2

Saints -1.5 - $24 for $20
Broncos -1.5
Seahawks -1

Tokens
Not sure why it took that long for my first set of games to be posted. Why am I still on Post Review? Some people are going to be unhappy they couldn't see evrything sooner

Tokens
Man, who called Lance Moore, man of 4 catches and 44 yards on the year coming into today's game, being a huge sleeper in today's game? Was telling everyone to pick him up in fantasy as well despite having FOUR points in fantasy all year... and he scores a TD right out of the gate. That's calling knowing your team and your favorite player as well as anybody in the country.

And unfortunately, I do know Garrett Hartley sucks ass, which I've been saying since our Super Bowl year. Two missed kicks in the first quarter? Wish we had a more dependable kicker. How is Neil Rackers still out of work while Hartley continues his inconsistencies for one of the proudest franchises in all of pro football?

Tokens
Hey Cat, at your time of post, no book had den total at 57 or SF at -15. please adjust your wagers and teasers so they are accurate or post your tickets for verification, thanks in advance.

Tokens
Hey Cat, at your time of post, no book had den total at 57 or SF at -15. please adjust your wagers and teasers so they are accurate or post your tickets for verification, thanks in advance.

Hey retard:

HAHAHAHA you are the last person on these forums that I would ever listen to. Every time you've come into my thread - in your typical dick-fashion - to challenge me on something, you've been proven wrong, literally, every single time. And then when I point it out and rub it in, you're nowhere to be found... and then you come back into my threads the next week pretending like it didn't happen. Rinse and repeat. I would honestly go as far as saying that you have the least credibility of ANY poster here at The RX. Without question.

And as PatsFanatic correctly pointed out, when you buy points with over/unders, it only goes up in planned increments, as in 0.5 point (-120), 1 point (-130), 1.5 point (-140), 2 points (-150), etc.... and only up to the maximum of three points (-170), obviously.

Have some ideas for Sunday's slate but still breaking some stuff down. That will be especially crucial, since Monday looks to have a bit of a tricky game. Don't be fooled by Kellen Clemens, who people forget looked above average in his last extensive stint playing at the end of 2011. In fact, reminiscing through his game log, I see he had a performance where he was 25-for-36 (69.4%!) with 229 yards, a TD and no picks against a playoff-bound Bengals team that was still fighting to get in.

Tokens
And you wonder why you are still on post review.....

Unbelievable. You're blindly defending one of the most negative people I've ever heard on an Internet forum. He deserves everything he gets, if you know our history (Which I also explained so try - hmm, I don't know - reading the post?

Everyone knows I'm one of the nicest and most helpful people on here. But I don't deal with douchebags that offer nothing, as proven over the years, but negativity.

Tokens
Unbelievable. You're blindly defending one of the most negative people I've ever heard on an Internet forum. He deserves everything he gets, if you know our history (Which I also explained so try - hmm, I don't know - reading the post?

Everyone knows I'm one of the nicest and most helpful people on here. But I don't deal with douchebags that offer nothing, as proven over the years, but negativity.

I am not defending anyone. You stated earlier, in this thread, wondering why you are still on post review and you call someone a retard. I don't care about your "history" with anyone. Just ignore him. BOL.....

Tokens
I am not defending anyone. You stated earlier, in this thread, wondering why you are still on post review and you call someone a retard. I don't care about your "history" with anyone. Just ignore him. BOL.....

I wish it was that easy but he, for whatever reason, loves to attempt to bash me as much as possible. Sorry if I sounded harsh towards you, BOL with your action as well.

And ughhh, I really need start laying off props or become more selective with them. They're ruining the rest of my work!

Tokens
If you just posted a copy of your plays I bet he would leave you alone and feel retarded for trying to call you out

Tokens
If you just posted a copy of your plays I bet he would leave you alone and feel retarded for trying to call you out

Has nothing to do with that. It's never even been an issue with him; he's just a troll who mostly likes to bash at any given opportunity -while spouting nothing but laughably wrong comments - so I think it's best to just ignore him, and maybe he'll go away.

By the way man, can't believe you went against my best bet Bills/Saints over! Lol but obviously, another good week on your end overall so a job well done.

Tokens
Weird week that I can still salvage and be up (Which would make seven winning weeks out of eight, which is a streak that might be tied for best in the country) as long as the Seahawks win straight up against Kellen Clemens tomorrow night to successfully close out four teasers.

I'm not stupid, though. I'm thankful to even be in this position, as I had to scratch and claw with Falcons +16 in all of said teasers, so I'm just appreciative that they were able to battle in the fourth quarter for that TD, and ultimately hold it at a 27-13 deficit. Certainly wasn't fun sweating that one out. There were a couple of people who wisely pointed out last year how dangerous it is putting one game, as sure as you may be about it, in all or most teasers, as you can have everything else right, yet still get wrecked by it if it doesn't pan out... I was wrong with the Falcons today, plain and simple. And it also almost cost me all the teasers I had them in, but thankfully, they just managed to squeak by with that +16. But sweating it out for awhile was not fun at all, which makes me re-think about doing this many teasers in any given week. Might cut it down to one or two more consistently.

Speaking of re-thinking, I want to change some of this stuff up. Yes, I've been up seven weeks out of eight (As long as Seattle wins straight up tomorrow night), but I'm barely making anything (Aside from the fact that most of my bets are in the $20-$50 range)... and no, that has very little to do with buying points in some games. The most glaring thing is how I've pretty much sucked with props this year, even being below .500, which is something that has come out of nowhere after seemingly mastering them in recent years. The worst part is that I'm actually down hundreds from props, meaning I'm actually up several hundreds with everything else, which is admirable because that's the stuff everyone pays attention to. I either need to start putting considerably more on my other bets, or at least my dear over/unders, or start taking more of them (Ex. My next o/u today would have been Cowboys/Lions, but I thought it was criminal that it was 50.5, since DeMarco Murray wasn't playing; the line probably would have been the same regardless; fucking Vegas). Right now, I have one of the best over/unders records out there at 19-11-1 (63.3%), so logically, I should start putting more money on those o/u bets of mine because that's always been my specialty.

We'll see what I decide. Hmmm

Tokens
Cats congrats on another winning week so far. You are right you were dead/completely wrong on the Falcons game. The don't get the garbage late TD and you are down a ton this week.

Side note and not trying to be a dick but you didn't get any of your plays up until noon so no way anyone could get down on the early games if they were following. Not one single person jumped into this thread asking for your picks, mad that they didn't get them, etc. Just want to point out that if you had a mass following and the page views were because so many want to get aboard this money train, don't you think at least one person would have said something about it? I do, most don't want on the money train, most want on the train wreck.

Let's say someone like Action posted right at when a game started, people would be jumping in asking if he could post earlier.

Food for thought

Tokens
Cats congrats on another winning week so far. You are right you were dead/completely wrong on the Falcons game. The don't get the garbage late TD and you are down a ton this week.

Side note and not trying to be a dick but you didn't get any of your plays up until noon so no way anyone could get down on the early games if they were following. Not one single person jumped into this thread asking for your picks, mad that they didn't get them, etc. Just want to point out that if you had a mass following and the page views were because so many want to get aboard this money train, don't you think at least one person would have said something about it? I do, most don't want on the money train, most want on the train wreck.

Let's say someone like Action posted right at when a game started, people would be jumping in asking if he could post earlier.

Food for thought

I've had people tell me that before, although that was in instances where I post literally minutes before game time. Here, I was able to post my important plays (The non "fluff" ones. I only posted the meaningless teasers and props closer to 1) at a manageable 1230, although I actually tried posting everything sooner but as myself and others have complained about lately, the site has been working wayyy too slow on Sunday morning/afternoon over the past few weeks. You can seriously be trying to post something around that time and it may take like around 15 minutes for everything to just get to the screen, then to attempt posting it, etc. So yeah, everyone had a half-hour to get those important plays in, which is plenty of time if you use an online book. Ideally, though, I try to get everything up a little bit before noon-ish... I don't get why you even feel the need to bring this up. Am I being an asshole in this thread or something? Are you trying to put me down because I'm a bad guy? I have no idea where I give the indication that I'm a bad guy when I'm anything but that.

Lol and thank you for reminding me how wrong I was on the Falcons game. I thought I did a pretty good job myself stating that. When I'm wrong on a game, I'll admit it right away. Why feel the need to re-iterate something I already said? We all learn lessons about teams through our betting. In this case, I thought Atlanta could muster up some kind of winning streak to get them back into contention, which is reasonable given how much I love their quarterback (Even though I'm a Saints fan; have nothing but respect for the Falcons, however, despite them being our big rival) and how I thought their defense would begin to improve. No shame at all in making that bet, and apparently, Arizona looks like they have the talent to stay in the picture as well. Their defense often gets underrated after it was really coming on noticeably last year, so that's my error as well. But, given the fact that I have the best NFL Sides record at The RX over the past two years combined (26-14-2, 65%), I think I'm allowed to make a mistake here and there. They do happen to everyone, after all, don't they?

Not sure why you feel the need to continue to try and jump on me when you get the chance, which I guess stems from the misinterpretation that I'm a "tout," yet here I am another week posting all of my action for free, having not missed any weeks yet again, as promised.

Tokens
By the way, just to let everyone know, I will probably have a play or two on tonight's MNF contest so stay tuned for that, as I'm really starting to feel this over/under. Considering I'm an RX-leading 19-11-1 (63.3%) with over/unders, which is also one of the best records in the country this year as it pertains to NFL over/unders and that many games, you'll definitely be interested.

Thinking about a couple of props as well, specifically on the Rams side of things. There are some very enticing ones, although that could be Vegas trying to sucker people in (Ex. Terrence Williams receptions prop yesterday). You'll definitely want to check back later for that

Tokens
And after the break, we will have a monkey juggling knives while dancing on a balloon. Stay tuned....

Tokens

Exactly, but he wont because he definitely didnt get den o/u at 57 and ill go even further and bet he probably doesnt even bet all the games he posts. Cat you need to sharpen up your tout writing skills, you sound too corny and fake. You need to make it sound legit to advance in your field.

Tokens
Exactly, but he wont because he definitely didnt get den o/u at 57 and ill go even further and bet he probably doesnt even bet all the games he posts. Cat you need to sharpen up your tout writing skills, you sound too corny and fake. You need to make it sound legit to advance in your field.

Tout writing skills? Corny and fake? Uh, whatever. You actually didn't sound like you were in full-bash mode in this post, like you usually are, so I'll respond. One, you need to realize that lines change constantly throughout Sunday morning. So when I put in bets throughout that 9 AM - 12 PM range, they can change, such as what obviously happened with Redskins/Broncos (The line, as you can tell from any site in its line history, was 57 at various places, not that it even mattered anyway, as I won the bet by, what, 13 points??). But that doesn't mean I have to post every single little bet RIGHT AWAY (Which I do when it's separate from the original main post of the thread!) because I work too hard producing these 500-1,000-word write-ups that you rarely see from anyone else, in which I also put all my bets TOGETHER into the one post. So now there's a problem with that?? Do I write too much and provide too much analysis for you? Unbelievable. Everybody has to complain about something. Truly unreal.

Two, I don't bet all the games I post?? Really?? So then what's with the small dollar amounts? Do I do that for my own health? Are you serious, man? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. IF ANYTHING, I'm one of the few people on here who factually does bet all my stuff, because my amounts are so small and genuine. If I DIDN'T, don't you think I'd post some ludicrous amounts in the hundreds range?? Like a lot of people do here? Unbelievable. Even when I post the smallest most realistic bet amounts on The RX, I still get accused of doing something like that. Actually, it's pretty funny. But coming from a guy like Diothegreat who has no credibility on here, it's just laughable and nothing more.

My over/under selection concerning the MNF game will be posted in a bit. It's an exquisite 900-word article so make sure you check it out before you have any potential action on the over/under for the game. No one, obviously, does it better than I do (And that's meant to be a PRIDEFUL comment and nothing else. I have tremendous pride in my hard o/u work so I'm allowed to say that, people, when it's true).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marablakus
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com