Possible 15 yard penalty for kneeling during anthem

Search

Tokens
Mob, I’ll answer your question with an example. As we know, Steve Kerr has be all outspoken about racial issues and how awful things are in today’s America. However, when his team was in Sacramento the same day that a rally for Stephon Clark was being held, he couldn’t go. In fact, when asked why he didn’t go to the rally given how much he “cares” he went all “You’re serious?”

Apparently attending a noon rally when your team plays at 7pm is just way, way too much to ask. I mean, he had to spend all afternoon strategizing how Step and KD were going to overcome all the odds and beat a garbage Kings team that can’t make the playoffs.

Which is my point. Kneeling is a meaningless gesture that does not address the issue of police brutality. In fact, it hurts the cause because it pisses off people who may be sympathetic to your cause and join a rally or reach out to family and friends to help put people in power that will do something to address the issue.

As we see with Kerr, showing up is actually hard and these players don’t want to do that. Writing your legislators, meeting with elected officials, trying to get new people to run for office to fix this takes work. Instead, as reflected by today’s culture, you just do the easy thing and pretend you’re on par with MLK.

That is what I mean by stunt. They’re not doing it for personal gain (maybe a few are for notoriety) they’re doing it because it is a cheap and easy way to be on a side that your entire organization agrees with.

Tokens

I posted this video here it had 7 dislikes. Lmao it doubled since I posted. I don't care what color you are or where you are from. I laughed so hard when I saw the shorter video of this. You guys are some haters. Might be fake but still hilarious. Him flying over a fast food counter isn't fake. The shorter video just starts with the small dude kirking, I seen the full version and realized the acting is too bad for it to be real. Still funny as hell--yall are whack

Tokens
Mob, I’ll answer your question with an example. As we know, Steve Kerr has be all outspoken about racial issues and how awful things are in today’s America. However, when his team was in Sacramento the same day that a rally for Stephon Clark was being held, he couldn’t go. In fact, when asked why he didn’t go to the rally given how much he “cares” he went all “You’re serious?”

Apparently attending a noon rally when your team plays at 7pm is just way, way too much to ask. I mean, he had to spend all afternoon strategizing how Step and KD were going to overcome all the odds and beat a garbage Kings team that can’t make the playoffs.

Which is my point. Kneeling is a meaningless gesture that does not address the issue of police brutality. In fact, it hurts the cause because it pisses off people who may be sympathetic to your cause and join a rally or reach out to family and friends to help put people in power that will do something to address the issue.

As we see with Kerr, showing up is actually hard and these players don’t want to do that. Writing your legislators, meeting with elected officials, trying to get new people to run for office to fix this takes work. Instead, as reflected by today’s culture, you just do the easy thing and pretend you’re on par with MLK.

That is what I mean by stunt. They’re not doing it for personal gain (maybe a few are for notoriety) they’re doing it because it is a cheap and easy way to be on a side that your entire organization agrees with.

So you think they are fronting? Kaeperknick donating 1M knowing he doesn't have any big nfl checks coming in may be stupid but isn't stunting/fronting.

Kerr? He can probably RELATE like I can. But I'm not going out and showing my face at those rallies. Are you kidding?

For the players like I said it's dangerous and very stupid.

All Kerr is doing is relating to his players and is publically okaying his players and other players to have a voice. He encourages it for whatever reason.

Who is he to anybody outside of basketball anybody? Do people and kids look up to Steve Kerr? Lmao cmon bro. No. They look up to Curry. And no player is going to a rally unless it's the perfect atmosphere/environment/time.

Tokens
Nothing addresses the issue of police brutality. My entire point is they are the police. You can't do shit to them they do whatever the fuck they want. Just in different levels of wrongdoing.

Fact is a lot of people do not want to hear anything black related as far as them complaining about something. So when they talk about slavery or police brutality. ..people do not give a fuck. That's just fact. They don't want to hear it. It sounds like complaining and who likes when people complain? Especially when black people complain? Just speaking facts. If it was a white person kneeling for anything it would be all gravy. Regardless the players have acommplished quite a bit with the protests. They got us talking for two years. Two summers ago I thought it would die out right away. People continued and continued. Never seen anything like it honestly. Hottest topic probably over the last 5 years maybe. So I don't know how anyone can say it didn't make a difference. It clearly did. So in that sense they got what they wanted. Now will it make a change down the line? I don't know. That's up to us really to act like everyone can be a part of anything. Have more open arms. I don't do it enough honestly speaking about myself.

Tokens
So you think they are fronting? Kaeperknick donating 1M knowing he doesn't have any big nfl checks coming in may be stupid but isn't stunting/fronting.

Kerr? He can probably RELATE like I can. But I'm not going out and showing my face at those rallies. Are you kidding?

For the players like I said it's dangerous and very stupid.

All Kerr is doing is relating to his players and is publically okaying his players and other players to have a voice. He encourages it for whatever reason.

Who is he to anybody outside of basketball anybody? Do people and kids look up to Steve Kerr? Lmao cmon bro. No. They look up to Curry. And no player is going to a rally unless it's the perfect atmosphere/environment/time.

Why aren't you going to show your face at any rally? Why isn't Steve Kerr?
Why would it be dangerous?

" And no player is going to a rally unless it's the perfect atmosphere/environment/time."

You're proving my point. Note: the rally I'm talking about was put together by a former NBA player.

Tokens
I love the new rule. Players don't have to come out for the Anthem if they don't want to. Simple.

Retired; APRIL 2014 Thank You Gambling
Tokens
Why do they? Kneeling isn't a sign of disrespect. If a white guy did it for breast cancer or a cause different than black males being killed by cops....then everyone would listen and not have a problem with the kneeling. That's all you really need to know that the people who have an issue really just have an issue with black people standing up for black people. The flag signifies freedom. Nothing says freedom like protesting. I don't care where you are or what you are doing....working or not working.....
NOTHING signifies freedom like protesting.

bro, this is a jackass argument... you cant state a subjuctive solution as truth to support your "reality".

Blacks want to enslave whites.. thats the bottom LINE..
Sadly.. noone should be enslaved..

Tokens
Nothing addresses the issue of police brutality. My entire point is they are the police. You can't do shit to them they do whatever the fuck they want. Just in different levels of wrongdoing.

Fact is a lot of people do not want to hear anything black related as far as them complaining about something. So when they talk about slavery or police brutality. ..people do not give a fuck. That's just fact. They don't want to hear it. It sounds like complaining and who likes when people complain? Especially when black people complain? Just speaking facts. If it was a white person kneeling for anything it would be all gravy. Regardless the players have acommplished quite a bit with the protests. They got us talking for two years. Two summers ago I thought it would die out right away. People continued and continued. Never seen anything like it honestly. Hottest topic probably over the last 5 years maybe. So I don't know how anyone can say it didn't make a difference. It clearly did. So in that sense they got what they wanted. Now will it make a change down the line? I don't know. That's up to us really to act like everyone can be a part of anything. Have more open arms. I don't do it enough honestly speaking about myself.

The national statistics don't show there is widespread police brutality. The protests you hear about in the fake news are based on false narratives. That's why the protests are dumb and why you're dumb for advocating for them.

Tokens
The national statistics don't show there is widespread police brutality. The protests you hear about in the fake news are based on false narratives. That's why the protests are dumb and why you're dumb for advocating for them.

Lmfao. Take your statistics and shove them up your ass. I don't care what your misleading ass statistics say.

Steve kerr said exactly what I said....just heard his rant last night. He is 100% correct minus the shit he says about the NBA having so much of a better understanding on things. I don't agree with that. But the stuff he says about the flag is 100% correct. People made it about disrespecting veterans when it NEVER had anything to do with that.

People changed the message because they did not want to hear about black people standing up for racial equality aka other black people. People made it about something it wasn't. That's fact.

Tokens
If your employer doesn't want you to protest something on THEIR FUCKING TIME, their you can't protest something on THEIR FUCKING TIME. It doesn't take away anybody's rights in any way shape or form. The players can protest when they're not working. It's not rocket science either
Go Willie

Tokens
Lmfao. Take your statistics and shove them up your ass. I don't care what your misleading ass statistics say.

Steve kerr said exactly what I said....just heard his rant last night. He is 100% correct minus the shit he says about the NBA having so much of a better understanding on things. I don't agree with that. But the stuff he says about the flag is 100% correct. People made it about disrespecting veterans when it NEVER had anything to do with that.

People changed the message because they did not want to hear about black people standing up for racial equality aka other black people. People made it about something it wasn't. That's fact.

See, this is your fucking problem here and always has been and why you are universally considered the RX's biggest dumbass.

You base opinions on bullshit. We all base opinions on facts based on statistical data. Which is more accurate? Of course data is.

But you don't care about facts.

People made it out to be about disrespecting vets. I agree that's true and I am a vet. Who are you to tell me my opinion is bullshit? Steve Douche Kerr? Really?

This is the most racially equal time we've ever seen in U.S. history. We elected a black president but they're still protesting what exactly?

Tokens
See, this is your fucking problem here and always has been and why you are universally considered the RX's biggest dumbass.

You base opinions on bullshit. We all base opinions on facts based on statistical data. Which is more accurate? Of course data is.

But you don't care about facts.

People made it out to be about disrespecting vets. I agree that's true and I am a vet. Who are you to tell me my opinion is bullshit? Steve Douche Kerr? Really?

This is the most racially equal time we've ever seen in U.S. history. We elected a black president but they're still protesting what exactly?

You're entitled to your opinion you fuck. But the entire point is look at what you are chooooooosing to do. You are choosing to ignore something and make it about something that it's not. The people getting upset by the kneeling protest I just laugh at. Shit is funny to me. Complete ignorance. You will get less respect as a veteran if that is your attitude. I've heard another veteran say speak the truth. The first person I heard say it...wayyyy before Steve Kerr said it, the soldier said the greatest freedom we have is to protest peacefully. The flag represents exactly that.

So to say anything that isn't true is complete bullshit. You are just lying to yourself.

Tokens
You're entitled to your opinion you fuck. But the entire point is look at what you are chooooooosing to do. You are choosing to ignore something and make it about something that it's not. The people getting upset by the kneeling protest I just laugh at. Shit is funny to me. Complete ignorance. You will get less respect as a veteran if that is your attitude. I've heard another veteran say speak the truth. The first person I heard say it...wayyyy before Steve Kerr said it, the soldier said the greatest freedom we have is to protest peacefully. The flag represents exactly that.

So to say anything that isn't true is complete bullshit. You are just lying to yourself.

Of course the greatest freedom is to protest but that has to happen OUTSIDE OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT. WTF don't you understand about this simple concept?

The National Anthem plays every single night on bases across the DoD. Every single night. Do you think you can just keep driving without stopping for it? No.

Tokens
Of course the greatest freedom is to protest but that has to happen OUTSIDE OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT. WTF don't you understand about this simple concept?

The National Anthem plays every single night on bases across the DoD. Every single night. Do you think you can just keep driving without stopping for it? No.

Now you want to change your stance to this. Lol. You're a disgrace you really are.

If that's what you are coming with now. Which is finally a valid point from you but you are just riding coat tails now.

They are continuing to play. It's no different than kneeling for the anthem at any organization. They still perform. They still do the work. They aren't boycotting actually playing the game so why the fuck does it matter so much to the public if some people silently protest? Who gives a shit.... if it's not about the actual flag itself, if it's not about veterans, then really why the fuck are you bothered about it so much? Are you losing money? Like who gives a shit. It does not bother me at all that some people turn off the NFL for whatever the reason. Too many flags, bad product, protests, whatever I'm still watching. It is still #1 no matter what is happening....and I don't feel bad if the bloody rich owners lose some money ....if some angry racists are crying....I do not give a fuck. That doesn't bother me one bit. And that's just real shit. I'm the realest mother fucker you ever heard of and that's just more real shit. Wise up.

The fact that it BOTHERS so many people is fucking hilarious and awesome. I crack up when I hear these mother fuckers about to croak talking about something that isn't even an issue lmfao. Classic

Tokens
Now you want to change your stance to this. Lol. You're a disgrace you really are.

If that's what you are coming with now. Which is finally a valid point from you but you are just riding coat tails now.

They are continuing to play. It's no different than kneeling for the anthem at any organization. They still perform. They still do the work. They aren't boycotting actually playing the game so why the fuck does it matter so much to the public if some people silently protest? Who gives a shit.... if it's not about the actual flag itself, if it's not about veterans, then really why the fuck are you bothered about it so much? Are you losing money? Like who gives a shit. It does not bother me at all that some people turn off the NFL for whatever the reason. Too many flags, bad product, protests, whatever I'm still watching. It is still #1 no matter what is happening....and I don't feel bad if the bloody rich owners lose some money ....if some angry racists are crying....I do not give a fuck. That doesn't bother me one bit. And that's just real shit. I'm the realest mother fucker you ever heard of and that's just more real shit. Wise up.

The fact that it BOTHERS so many people is fucking hilarious and awesome. I crack up when I hear these mother fuckers about to croak talking about something that isn't even an issue lmfao. Classic

What have I changed my stance on? I've been firm since day one. I serve to give people the right to protest peacefully and always have but the kneeling personally offends me. It doesn't bother me but it offends me. I won't not watch the NFL because of it but it offends me personally.

No different than kneeling for the anthem at any organization? What does that even mean?

When they go to play in an NFL football game, they represent the team and owner that pays them to be there. They are part of a union and are employees of the team. This isn't a freedom of speech issue. They are at work and the owners don't want them to kneel in the workplace.

I know this is simple but for you, it's difficult to understand.

Tokens

The fact that it BOTHERS so many people is fucking hilarious and awesome. I crack up when I see these mother fuckers kneeling about something that isn't even an issue lmfao. Classic

that would of been real talk

Tokens
bro, this is a jackass argument... you cant state a subjuctive solution as truth to support your "reality".

Blacks want to enslave whites.. thats the bottom LINE..
Sadly.. noone should be enslaved..
so- sadly... noone should be enslaved??? ahhh ok

Tokens
Definition slave

a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

They don't have to obey. They are free to do whatever they want.

The NFL playing field is not their "platform" it is where the work and earn their living. They can use their notoriety to express what they believe to be "just", in other ways.
Malcolm Jenkins has at least went to city hall and spoken with the Mayor and police chiefs and that is fine. They can't use the work place for demonstrations.

Bottom line is football players are not slaves. If they don't like their jobs, just quit and do whatever you want.

Memorial Day is approaching and these fucks have no idea what sacrifice is.

Tokens
Love watching these fucking millionaires complaining about doing their fuckign jobs.

In 99 out of 100 jobs if any normal person tells their boss they're going to do whatever the fuck they want, they get sent packing.

Regular people understand that.... and that's why they show up to do their fucking jobs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
larryD314
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com