How Are They Going To Force Sterling To Sell??

Search

Tokens
:pointer:

Uh, really? Because you said Sterling wouldn't file a single lawsuit. You said Sterling's lawyers will tell him to sell and he will sell.

How's that working out for you, dumb fuck?

“Make no mistake today, I will never, ever, ever sell this team, and until I die, I will be suing the NBA to make them pay for the terrible violations of anti-trust that they have imposed against me and my family,” he testified earlier this month.

Said from the beginning that I don't care what he does after the team is sold. If the probate judge rules in favor of Shelley which it seems like will be the case, everything I said is still correct. The NBA and its Constitution has nothing to do with this litigation and the team will be sold without the NBA having any lawsuits preventing the sale.

Tokens
everything I said is still correct

:pointer:

Well, except for the items documented in post #1639.

You are complete and utter imbecile.

Tokens
Said from the beginning that I don't care what he does after the team is sold.

The team isn't sold, dumb fuck.

Further, you have been reduced to ignoring all the facts which prove your dipshit predictions laughably false "Sterling is giving up. "

In order to type these goofy, bizarre responses. What is funny is that you actually seem to think this moronic tact has merit.

You are a complete and utter dumb ass who has not even the most basic understanding of these issues involved. Which is why you've come up with "I don't care what he does after the team is sold." as if it means anything.

You're pathetic.

Tokens
Originally Posted by akphidelt
Sterling will end this without a single lawsuit and forced to sell his team

The suit, filed in federal court in California, accuses the league and Commissioner Adam Silver of punishing Mr. Sterling based on an "illegally" obtained recording as it asks for at least $1 billion in damages. It also asks to have Mr. Sterling remain in place as owner and for the league to drop a $2.5 million fine levied against him over racist comments that were made public in the recording.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/clippers-owner-donald-sterling-sues-nba-in-federal-court-1401499462

Other than that, everything you said is like totally correct and stuff!!!!

Tokens
Remember!

I actually stopped posting in the thread because the mods moved it and I agreed with them I would not talk in any Sterling threads.

Tokens
Funny thing is SECplayer was the one who was hostile and calling people names. But apparently he forgot about when we first started conversing this issue. Let's see how wrong he was, lmao!! Comedy gold!!

I can't imagine the legal battle that would ensue if the NBA tried to strip him of his ownership. With his money, he could stretch that case out for 15 years easy.

And again, I'm saying that would be an extremely long drawn out legal battle before there would be any final resolution. In the interim, he would still be owner.

I'm not defending him one bit. But Regardless if he's the biggest racist in LA or the biggest piece of shit in LA, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to think that you could justify "taking someone's assets" because you dislike them or disagree with them.

Yep. The fact that there are people who think he could be forced to sale HIS business/HIS property just because he made racist statements is unbelievable. This is America. You don't just get your assets seized because you say something people disagree with.

They can't just take his business and not financially compensate him for it. They can force him to sell. They might have something in their Constitution where the NBA can purchase the team at market price. There are multiple avenues to force him out. None of those avenues include taking the team without compensating him.
Not going to happen. If you don't understand that, you're an idiot. It really is as simple as that.

For what it's worth, I actually thought the comments were racist.

I'm just blown away at the stupidity of a couple posters who think that he will lose his team because he said something offensive. It's beyond comprehension.

First of all, "next year" was not a part of your statement.

Second, if he's not the owner "next year", it will be by his choice.

Again, my only argument in this thread is that the nba wouldn't be allowed to unilaterally take HIS business from him and force him out as owner. This is America. You are allowed to express your opinions no matter how stupid or racist they are. He is now facing the backlash of his comments (deservedly so). But it doesn't give the nba the right to take his property as you stated (whether compensated or not). And as an argument in the alternative, I stated even if the nba attempted to do so (which they won't), he'll still have the right to defend his right to own HiS business in courts. It would be a very long case (as long as he wanted it to be). And he would win.

You seem to think that a fine and a ban from games/practices, etc. somehow proved you right which is hysterical.

Sterling is is still the owner of his team yet you decided to post "where's that SECplayer dude." Again, Sterling is still the owner of the team because the nba did not "force him out." The one thing I argued, the ONE thing, still remains true yet you think you're correct. And you wonder why you have the reputation as the biggest idiot in the forum.

Youre a pretty simple minded person. If we were having this argument in person, I would have to talk very slowly to spell it out to you.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
3 days in a row, Willie the coward, racist, bitch talking about me. Living rent free in his head. You know you fucked someone up emotionally when he wants nothing to do with you but can't stop talking about you! Fun to watch. Keep pretending Willie. There are a lot of dumb people to fool on this site... I mean they are predominantly conservatives, so it's pretty much a guarantee they don't have an education.

this douche bag posted hundreds of times calling me a racist over a period of two months, he has probably posted about me vs me posting about him by about a 5 to 1 ratio, probably much higher

posting about me has become his life's mission, it gives him purpose

yet he makes a post like the one I just quoted

how fucking stupid does it get? this dude, this child, this mental midget, this scum is about as disconnected and delusional as one can be.

he's been defrocked on all fronts, he is that stupid

he is scum, a lying fraudulent scum that can't pick his nose, a loser on all fronts, a wannabe if there ever was a wannabe

Tokens
this douche bag posted hundreds of times calling me a racist over a period of two months, he has probably posted about me vs me posting about him by about a 5 to 1 ratio, probably much higher

how fucking stupid does it get? this dude, this child, this mental midget, this scum is about as disconnected and delusional as one can be.

he is scum, a lying fraudulent scum that can't pick his nose, a loser on all fronts, a wannabe if there ever was a wannabe

Lol, I'm not the one going around telling everyone I'm not going to associate with you. And I check this thread and the other thread and almost everyday you are there talking about me, lol.

And all because you know I expose your weakness. You think so highly of yourself that you can't stand people smarter than you or people who provide evidence of your racist and disgusting posts. You don't care that I call you a racist, you care so much because it's true.

And look at the winners you attract defending you, lol!!! Schiff, Snoop, Sheriff Joe, Dave, Zit, Gas Man, Enfuego, Acebb...

I mean wholly shit this is fun to watch. You're a wannabe elitist yet your biggest supporters are criminals and racists!! Haha!! And it just eats you alive knowing someone is pointing out what a fraud you are! Keep thinking you're a big shot. I'm sure Snoop and Sheriff Joe will continue fondling your balls.

You are a child. Man up one of these days. I'm surprised you haven't had a temper tantrum that BAS let me in the RX NFL contest.

Banned
Tokens

And yet you were too much of a pussy to take $500 of his dollars, and gleefully show that he can't pick his nose in FF. What a pathetic coward.

Tokens
His wife is killing me!! Now he has another lawsuit that includes the NBA for colluding with his wife! So I was wrong that he wouldn't sue the NBA until after the team was sold. But this wife interference was never on my radar. My bad.

bet365 player
Tokens
His wife is killing me!! Now he has another lawsuit that includes the NBA for colluding with his wife! So I was wrong that he wouldn't sue the NBA until after the team was sold. But this wife interference was never on my radar. My bad.

How could that be? What happened to your so-called "real world knowledge"? :think2:

Oh and btw, no one is killing you but the "Crazy Horse" bottles, fratfraud.

Tokens
Funny thing is SECplayer was the one who was hostile and calling people names. But apparently he forgot about when we first started conversing this issue. Let's see how wrong he was, lmao!! Comedy gold!!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SECplayer
I can't imagine the legal battle that would ensue if the NBA tried to strip him of his ownership. With his money, he could stretch that case out for 15 years easy.

What am I wrong about here? "I can't imagine the legal battle that would ensue." That was my whole argument. I said this was complex and who knows what would happen. You were the ONLY one in this whole argument that said there could only be one possible outcome no matter what. You were wrong.

quote_icon.png
And again, I'm saying that would be an extremely long drawn out legal battle before there would be any final resolution. In the interim, he would still be owner.

This statement was in response to you stating the NBA would force him to sale. If they truly "forced" the sale as sold it on his behalf without his permission, it would be a very long legal battle. And the last statement, "in the interim, he would still be owner" is still correct. Again, you are wrong.

quote_icon.png
I'm not defending him one bit. But Regardless if he's the biggest racist in LA or the biggest piece of shit in LA, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to think that you could justify "taking someone's assets" because you dislike them or disagree with them.

I stand by that statement as well. Again, what are you quoting me for if you cannot point out where I am wrong? You're the one that said this would be an open and shut case and there was only one possible outcome and there would be no possible legal recourse from Sterling whatsoever. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

quote_icon.png
Yep. The fact that there are people who think he could be forced to sale HIS business/HIS property just because he made racist statements is unbelievable. This is America. You don't just get your assets seized because you say something people disagree with.

Again, I stand by this. It's one thing for Sterling to come to the realization that it is in his best economic interest to voluntarily sell the team. But the argument was that the NBA would "force" him to sell and sell it for him and he would have no recourse. Wrong on your part again.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Akphidelt
They can't just take his business and not financially compensate him for it. They can force him to sell. They might have something in their Constitution where the NBA can purchase the team at market price. There are multiple avenues to force him out. None of those avenues include taking the team without compensating him.
quote_icon.png
Not going to happen. If you don't understand that, you're an idiot. It really is as simple as that.

Again, you're quoting me but not pointing out where I'm wrong. Until the NBA truly forces him to sell against his volition and they win the subsequent lawsuit that Sterling would inevitably file IF he was truly forced to sell, you're not right. Simple.

quote_icon.png
For what it's worth, I actually thought the comments were racist.

I'm just blown away at the stupidity of a couple posters who think that he will lose his team because he said something offensive. It's beyond comprehension.

quote_icon.png
First of all, "next year" was not a part of your statement.

Second, if he's not the owner "next year", it will be by his choice.

Again, my only argument in this thread is that the nba wouldn't be allowed to unilaterally take HIS business from him and force him out as owner. This is America. You are allowed to express your opinions no matter how stupid or racist they are. He is now facing the backlash of his comments (deservedly so). But it doesn't give the nba the right to take his property as you stated (whether compensated or not). And as an argument in the alternative, I stated even if the nba attempted to do so (which they won't), he'll still have the right to defend his right to own HiS business in courts. It would be a very long case (as long as he wanted it to be). And he would win.

You seem to think that a fine and a ban from games/practices, etc. somehow proved you right which is hysterical.

Sterling is is still the owner of his team yet you decided to post "where's that SECplayer dude." Again, Sterling is still the owner of the team because the nba did not "force him out." The one thing I argued, the ONE thing, still remains true yet you think you're correct. And you wonder why you have the reputation as the biggest idiot in the forum.

Youre a pretty simple minded person. If we were having this argument in person, I would have to talk very slowly to spell it out to you.

Again, next time you quote me, you might want to point out where I was actually wrong.

Only one person has been shown to be spectacularly wrong in this thread and it's akphidelt.

AK posted as many times as he could that the NBA would force the sell and there was nothing Sterling could do about it and this was the only possible outcome. Everyone else including myself argued that it was more complex than that and because it was so complex, it was foolish for you to act like you already knew exactly how this was going to transpire. You've been proven wrong. But thanks for quoting me (albeit from a different Sterling thread altogether).

Poor AK. Always wrong. Always.

Tokens
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...rling-adam-silver-lac-basketball-club-damages

LOS ANGELES -- Donald Sterling filed a suit in Superior Court on Tuesday afternoon seeking damages from the NBA, commissioner Adam Silver, his wife Shelly Sterling, and the LA Clippers Basketball Club alleging they violated corporate law in attempting to sell the franchise to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

Sterling argues that he is the sole owner and shareholder of LAC Basketball Club, a franchise and private corporation that manages and runs the Clippers.
He transferred those shares into the Sterling Family Trust in 1998, but when Sterling revoked that trust on June 9, the shares of the corporation reverted back to his name and his wife had no authority to sell them.
The lawsuit comes as testimony in a trial in California probate court continued Tuesday to determine whether Shelly Sterling acted properly in selling the team to Ballmer.

It is not known whether the probate-court judge will seek to consolidate Tuesday's lawsuit with the current trial.
Donald Sterling was removed as a trustee from the trust when two neurologists examined him and determined he was mentally incapacitated and unfit to conduct his legal and business affairs. He has since objected to the sale.
Donald Sterling has also filed a federal lawsuit against the NBA seeking $1 billion in damages.

But, but, but...

AK said Sterling had no legal recourse.
AK said Sterling's attorneys would advise him not to sue.
AK said his "real world knowledge" stated this would be simple and there was only one possible resolution.

Absolute clown.

Handicapper
Tokens

and the asswipe is arguing he's right about the Sterling matter too, too damn funny

scum is as dumb as they come

PS: "lol", fucking douche

Handicapper
Tokens
Time to recap the predictions, folks

quote_icon.png
The owners will vote, he'll be out.

100% False

quote_icon.png
They are already talking about moving the vote up and it will be over 75%. You have a weird view of reality.

100% False

quote_icon.png
The owners will vote, he will sell or make an agreement to give up ownership rights to his family.

100% False

quote_icon.png
I'm rarely wrong about real world activities.

^ Inserted as parody

quote_icon.png
It will be 29-0

100% False

quote_icon.png
I'm usually right, not going to lie.

^ Inserted as parody

quote_icon.png
Sterling is giving up. His comments today are an indication that he knows his fate.

100% False

quote_icon.png
Yea, and his lawyers will tell him if you fight you will lose, your best option is to sell. He will sell.

100% False

He's going to give up with out a fight.

100% False

Sterling was not looking to sell his team ever. He was forced to and gave up the fight because he knew he would lose.

100% False

The NBA won this battle clearly and Sterling and his legal team knew from the beginning any fight against this would be useless. Sterling will end this without a single lawsuit and forced to sell his team,

100% False

Oh well, at least you were consistent. There is virtue in consistency.

scum's response to all this? "see, I told you so, I was right all along"

caution, brilliance at work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightdivineaus
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com