Have some of you guys come to grips with why hospitals are classifying most patients with the CORONA tag?

Search

Tokens
The costs referenced have been established by the DRG for quite some time and they vary by region due to outside cost factors, but they are generally pretty consistent. There is no Medicare or ICD-10 coding for COVID-19, so they looked to similar existing codes to capture the current pandemic, i.e., existing codes that represent respiratory issues that require ventilators, which has been in the $36K- $44K range for some time, subject to region of the country. This isn’t a new development.

As for the CARES Act, it does provide a 20% add-on to IPPS reimbursements, but these are billed based on COVID-19 discharges and were put in place to help ease the massive shortfall health systems are experiencing with no elective surgeries taking place coupled with added costs of caring for COVID-19 patients.

I’m sure the OP is just regurgitating whatever his local “entertainment news” is spewing. Sure, there could be a minimal financial gain to diagnose non-COVID cases as COVID cases, but there is zero financial gain in inflating the deaths. Sure, there is financial gain to putting someone on a ventilator who doesn’t need it, but you’d have to be a fucking idiot to believe that is happening. There’s zero gain to classify a non- COVID respiratory patient as COVID-19, since the reimbursement figure was taken directly from that existing DRG code. Even inflating the cases is useless, it would be a minimal financial gain, but losing your accreditation with Medicare would be disastrous and I can’t see any legitimate organization taking the chance to lose 30-40% of their revenue for pennies.

The final kicker, the elephant in the room and not the agenda driven mouse in the corner, these health systems are struggling due to the massive cut offs of many of their revenue streams, mainly elective surgeries. They are losing millions upon millions, hundreds of thousands are laid off, their medical plans are being cut, retirement contributions reduced/eliminated, but let’s talk about some story some right/left wing entertainment site ran and I’ll swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Come on people.

Rx Senior
Tokens
Hospitals should get more for treating covid patients regardless of any other underlying factors.

Not sure how many of you work in hospitals but patient care and procedures are greatly affected when dealing with covid patients.

The amount that they get is debatable. The whole medical field cost of business is debatable but somoene hit by a car with covid needs to be treated much differently than a normal person hit by a car. Even unconfirmed the precautions cost more money.

If hospitals are lying about this then i would hope they are subject to strick penalties and fines. It is truly ugly if they are mis-diagnosing intentionally tofor financial gain.

Tokens
The costs referenced have been established by the DRG for quite some time and they vary by region due to outside cost factors, but they are generally pretty consistent. There is no Medicare or ICD-10 coding for COVID-19, so they looked to similar existing codes to capture the current pandemic, i.e., existing codes that represent respiratory issues that require ventilators, which has been in the $36K- $44K range for some time, subject to region of the country. This isn’t a new development.

As for the CARES Act, it does provide a 20% add-on to IPPS reimbursements, but these are billed based on COVID-19 discharges and were put in place to help ease the massive shortfall health systems are experiencing with no elective surgeries taking place coupled with added costs of caring for COVID-19 patients.

I’m sure the OP is just regurgitating whatever his local “entertainment news” is spewing. Sure, there could be a minimal financial gain to diagnose non-COVID cases as COVID cases, but there is zero financial gain in inflating the deaths. Sure, there is financial gain to putting someone on a ventilator who doesn’t need it, but you’d have to be a fucking idiot to believe that is happening. There’s zero gain to classify a non- COVID respiratory patient as COVID-19, since the reimbursement figure was taken directly from that existing DRG code. Even inflating the cases is useless, it would be a minimal financial gain, but losing your accreditation with Medicare would be disastrous and I can’t see any legitimate organization taking the chance to lose 30-40% of their revenue for pennies.

The final kicker, the elephant in the room and not the agenda driven mouse in the corner, these health systems are struggling due to the massive cut offs of many of their revenue streams, mainly elective surgeries. They are losing millions upon millions, hundreds of thousands are laid off, their medical plans are being cut, retirement contributions reduced/eliminated, but let’s talk about some story some right/left wing entertainment site ran and I’ll swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Come on people.

This is nothing more than a football game to the morally depraved. That left/right mindless drone shit swallows suckers up.

Sad how weak so many minds are. OP being #1 on that list.

Tokens
anyone notice this guy pops in to call me dumb yet refuses to answer the simple question proposed two him twice? It’s because he doesn’t want to answer the question. Why would it hurt to say hospitals get paid by the covid patient?

no - oh I forgot to add..Dumbazz

Tokens

Come on people.

1) Yes, this is correct. According to Politifact, Medicare is paying a 20% add-on to its regular hospital payments for the treatment of COVID-19 victims. That’s a result of a federal stimulus law.

2) Regurgitating talking points? Read my thread title. I didn't say anything about COVID deaths. I said "classifying most patients with the CORONA tag.

Tokens
no - oh I forgot to add..Dumbazz

See, this is a prime example of a liberal that just can't accept basic facts about this situation. Do hospitals get paid more for treating COVID patients? According to Politifact, yes they do.

From Politifact:

"Medicare is paying a 20% add-on to its regular hospital payments for the treatment of COVID-19 victims. That's a result of the Federal stimulus law."

Now, you can argue until you're blue in the face and deny all you want. Simply put, you are incorrect. Accept it and drive on.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...posts/Fact-check-Hospitals-COVID-19-payments/

Tokens
Hospitals should get more for treating covid patients regardless of any other underlying factors.

Not sure how many of you work in hospitals but patient care and procedures are greatly affected when dealing with covid patients.

The amount that they get is debatable. The whole medical field cost of business is debatable but somoene hit by a car with covid needs to be treated much differently than a normal person hit by a car. Even unconfirmed the precautions cost more money.

If hospitals are lying about this then i would hope they are subject to strick penalties and fines. It is truly ugly if they are mis-diagnosing intentionally tofor financial gain.

And this is fine but then, when you classify a death as COVID related without actually examining a body, by guessing, you are deliberately attempting to receive more money by the Federal government. And when you drive up the death count based on inaccurate/misleading information, you incite panic and fear and give in to the express media narrative of inciting fear.

Tokens
Clay must be coming in hot this morning y'all (why do people even engage Enfuego Travis with anything but derision?)

Serious question though, can someone explain to me why he has been dying on this "Hospitals are classifying XYZ as COVID" train for the last month now? Does he think he is Woodward and Bernstein or something? Does he think this has some great significance to the big picture?

Because to a layman like myself, he just kinda seems fucking bizarre. Does he think he's uncovered some grand angle or something? Seriously, I'm lost. Help me out.

Tokens
See, this is a prime example of a liberal that just can't accept basic facts about this situation. Do hospitals get paid more for treating COVID patients? According to Politifact, yes they do.

From Politifact:

"Medicare is paying a 20% add-on to its regular hospital payments for the treatment of COVID-19 victims. That's a result of the Federal stimulus law."

Now, you can argue until you're blue in the face and deny all you want. Simply put, you are incorrect. Accept it and drive on.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...posts/Fact-check-Hospitals-COVID-19-payments/

You are so stupid :laugh: was that question asking me what I think?

Rx Senior
Tokens
And this is fine but then, when you classify a death as COVID related without actually examining a body, by guessing, you are deliberately attempting to receive more money by the Federal government. And when you drive up the death count based on inaccurate/misleading information, you incite panic and fear and give in to the express media narrative of inciting fear.

You just said this thread isnt about classifying covid deaths.

If your point is hospitals getting too much money for covid patients, im saying there is justification.

If your point is the loosely classified death count is causing media hype, you need to move that opinion to a other discussion.

If you are saying the hospitals are making shit up to get more money, that is a pretty bold statement and I don't see how you can make that claim.

Tokens
1) Yes, this is correct. According to Politifact, Medicare is paying a 20% add-on to its regular hospital payments for the treatment of COVID-19 victims. That’s a result of a federal stimulus law.

2) Regurgitating talking points? Read my thread title. I didn't say anything about COVID deaths. I said "classifying most patients with the CORONA tag.
Says he didn't say anything about COVID deaths. He made this post YESTERDAY.

"Simply put, they get paid more. Die of an overdose but asymptomatic for COVID? COVID related death.

Deny it all you want but this thing isn't as close to as serious as portrayed in the dishonest press. Time to go back to work.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/yes-h...nt-been-tested"

Hit the showers man, you are making a total ass of yourself.

Tokens

Come on people.

Makes sense to me. In your professional opinion......when we look back in this, will there be a big spike in death rates for Americans during this time? I mean if it's as bad as some think we would see a death toll that is out of the roof compared to recent monthly or yearly average one would think

Tokens
Says he didn't say anything about COVID deaths. He made this post YESTERDAY.

"Simply put, they get paid more. Die of an overdose but asymptomatic for COVID? COVID related death.

Deny it all you want but this thing isn't as close to as serious as portrayed in the dishonest press. Time to go back to work.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/yes-h...nt-been-tested"

Hit the showers man, you are making a total ass of yourself.

And the Beatdown continues.....:pointer:

Rx Senior
Tokens

Come on people.

w-thumbs!^

Tokens
Imagine how far down the rabbit hole you would have to go to think that hospitals are spiking the COVID death count for that sweet, sweet Medicare money on some grand scale that it is actually translating to a significantly higher death count which is allowing the media to then disseminate this information to create fear.

I mean, fuck, seriously is this what twitter is doing to people?

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
There is a financial incentive to classify an illness as COVID-19. It's easy, low hanging fruit. Like all the other money being thrown around nowadays, it's unregulated, nobody is looking.

Given those variables and the current worldwide financial crisis, is it possible if not probable COVID-19 numbers are embellished? Absolutely

Is it a game changer? Unlikely

Tokens
Enflameo got raped

Tokens
There is a financial incentive to classify an illness as COVID-19. It's easy, low hanging fruit. Like all the other money being thrown around nowadays, it's unregulated, nobody is looking.

Given those variables and the current worldwide financial crisis, is it possible if not probable COVID-19 numbers are embellished? Absolutely

Exactly, I'm sure it happens with hospitals stressed to the level they are given their elective surgeries have all but dried up but hardly a game changer or worth pretending they're running a massive grift for medicare money and it is having far and wide reaching consequences.

Tokens
Clay must be coming in hot this morning y'all (why do people even engage Enfuego Travis with anything but derision?)

Serious question though, can someone explain to me why he has been dying on this "Hospitals are classifying XYZ as COVID" train for the last month now? Does he think he is Woodward and Bernstein or something? Does he think this has some great significance to the big picture?

Because to a layman like myself, he just kinda seems fucking bizarre. Does he think he's uncovered some grand angle or something? Seriously, I'm lost. Help me out.

It just as easily can be something else and it will be something else. Whatever talking point is hot they jump on it. Yes, he had refused to come off of this stance. Even though he has been informed many times. It’s a disorder. I am certain of that.

Tokens

Now that's Independently thinking. Only if the world was that waycheersgif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baigame996
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com