Connecting the dots on Hillary Clinton

Search

Tokens
[h=2]Efforts to Draft Biden for 2016 Gain Steam[/h]By Andrew Desiderio - June 29, 2015

icon_sn_email_color.gif
Email

icon_sn_print_color.gif
Print

Comments

293070_5_.jpg

While Hillary Clinton is viewed by many as a political powerhouse who will cruise to the Democratic presidential nomination, there may be room for a familiar face to challenge her: Joe Biden.
The newest indication that the vice president could jump into the race comes from a Wall Street Journalreport, which cites friends and advisers who say Biden, 72, received encouragement to do so from sons Beau and Hunter. Beau Biden died last month after a long battle with brain cancer.

Hillary Clinton, who served as secretary of state during President Obama’s first term and worked closely with Biden, is the overwhelming frontrunner to become her party’s standard-bearer, but many Democratic insiders say Biden could present a formidable challenge should her campaign falter.
“He feels strongly about his dad running and serving,” James Smith, a Democratic state representative in South Carolina, told the Journal of Hunter Biden’s sentiments. Dick Harpootlian, former chairman of the state’s Democratic Party, added: “If he does what Beau wanted him to do, he’ll run.”
Thousands of others have also signaled their support for a White House bid by the vice president. Draft Biden 2016, a super PAC that is laying the groundwork for a potential campaign in early voting states, has gathered more than 90,000 signatures to support that effort.
“We think it’s great,” Executive Director William Pierce said of the Journal report in an interview with RealClearPolitics. “We’re excited to see more and more people closer to the vice president urging him to run.”
Some question his viability in a race that is already dominated by the juggernaut Clinton campaign. According to the RealClearPolitics polling average, Biden is in second place in the Democratic race with 12.8 percent support, behind by more than 50 percentage points.
But Pierce says Biden’s numbers are actually encouraging, noting that he’s polling ahead of declared candidates Bernie Sanders and Martin O’Malley without having even formed an exploratory committee.
“It’s still very early, but it’s a game-changer if the vice president enters the race,” said Pierce, a veteran of Obama for America.
A similar campaign to draft Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren fell flat when the progressive warrior said once and for all she would not seek the Oval Office in 2016. Many of her supporters, however, have flocked to Sanders, who champions a similar message of economic populism.
Asked to make the case for Biden over Hillary Clinton, Pierce zeroed in on experience. Biden served as a senator from Delaware for 36 years, chairing influential committees including Foreign Affairs and Judiciary. In addition to his long tenure in the upper chamber, Pierce said, Biden has been President Obama’s point man for negotiations on Capitol Hill, adding that the vice president’s efforts in brokering a budget compromise “averted a government shutdown” in 2011.
Pierce avoided speculation when asked if he thinks fulfilling Beau Biden’s wish would serve motivation for the vice president to run, but said he “could view that as encouragement” on Biden’s part.
Pierce, an Iraq War veteran, recalled the vice president’s suggestion in 2006 that Iraq be split into “three largely autonomous regions” consisting of Kurds, Sunnis, and Shi’ites – “with a viable central government in Baghdad.” It is something that struck Pierce personally, though many wrote off such a proposal at the time. But now that ISIS continues to advance in the region and such sectarian divisions are already apparent, “even Republicans are saying we should’ve done that,” Pierce said.
Biden, who unsuccessfully sought the Oval Office in 1988 and 2008, has left the door open for a 2016 campaign in recent years.
“I can die a happy man never having been president of the United States of America,” Biden said in a 2013 GQ profile. “But it doesn’t mean I won’t run.”
He continued: “The judgment I’ll make is, first of all, am I still as full of as much energy as I have now – do I feel this? … Number two, do I think I’m the best person in the position to move the ball? And, you know, we’ll see where the hell I am.”
Asked by CNN in February 2014 to name a reason he shouldn’t run, Biden said there are “no obvious reason.” More recently, he told ABC News “there is a chance” he will challenge Clinton, adding that the race is “wide open” on both the Democratic and Republican sides.
The next month will be crucial for the advocacy group’s field organizing, as Biden is expected to make a decision on whether to run by early August. Draft Biden announced on Monday that it is expanding its efforts in key primary states, hiring experienced politicos as state directors in New Hampshire and Iowa.
“Our team has come a long way since our humble beginnings of two people in my living room back in March,” Pierce said in a statement. “With positive momentum all across the board, we are going all in to encourage the Vice President to run for President ahead of his potential August 1[SUP]st[/SUP] announcement.”
A Clinton campaign spokesman did not return a request to comment on the possibility of the vice president jumping into the contest.

Tokens
SCARY, ain't it? We saw how skilled he was at "connecting the dots" in the LAST election, and you've got brainless dolts here still babbling about "The Silent Majority." They just don't get it...

Russ is as whacked out as anyone I've seen. He is such a sheep and he will never know it.

Tokens
[h=2]Democratic Turnout a '16 Risk Factor, Poll Finds[/h]By Alexis Simendinger - June 29, 2015

icon_sn_email_color.gif
Email

icon_sn_print_color.gif
Print

Comments

304696_5_.jpg

Democratic voters are skeptics this summer.
They doubt presidential contenders can deliver favored reforms from Washington, no matter how enticing the policy agendas sound. Those doubts depress enthusiasm about next year’s White House contest and could impact turnout for the eventual Democratic nominee.

Those were among early warnings in a survey released Monday of likely 2016 voters, sponsored by Democracy Corps and Women’s Voices, Women Vote Action Fund.
Americans want change and reforms, but “people don’t think any of this is going to happen,” Stan Greenberg, chairman and CEO of polling firm Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research, said during a reporter roundtable organized by the Christian Science Monitor.
Their skepticism doesn’t turn on the idea of a Democratic nominee who would follow a two-term Democrat, President Obama. “It’s because the old political system is uniquely corrupted” in their eyes, Greenberg said. “What matters is how deep the critique people have about what’s happening in the country, both politically and economically.”
Voters define corruption as money in politics and Washington power brokers who are self-serving and disconnected from everyday Americans and their concerns. This is why Clinton’s wealth, the Clinton Foundation’s fundraising, her decades lived as a VIP, and her missing emails discourage some voters from accepting the leading Democratic candidate as trustworthy, even if they favor the economic and social policies she stakes out.
Overall, the survey found that voters are evenly divided when asked if Democrats or Republicans would do a better job “cleaning up the mess in government” (31 percent each).
In the survey, respondents expressed more favorable feelings about Obama than about Clinton (by eight percentage points), but Clinton is basically matching Obama’s 2012 support among the key elements of the party’s base, and she’s outpacing his support among white unmarried women. Obama did better in 2012 among minority voters, but according to the survey, Clinton does better among white millennial voters. Clinton fell far behind against a generic Republican ticket among working-class white voters without college degrees.
To succeed Obama, a Democratic candidate has to animate secular voters and what Greenberg calls the rising American electorate (unmarried women, people of color, and younger voters). These slices of the population will make up a majority of the total electorate for the first time in 2016, according to the pollster.
Greenberg insisted Clinton’s progressive campaign agenda is not a mirror image of Obama’s governing platform. “I would dispute that Obama was on this agenda” of equal pay, preserving Medicare and Social Security, promoting infrastructure spending, helping working women and reducing college debt burdens, he said, pointing to questions posed to respondents as part of the survey.
“The country doesn’t think he was dealing with this agenda. The first time he really talked about this is this year’s State of the Union” address, Greenberg said firmly.
“This is not his agenda. I actually think Hillary has a big opportunity.”
Asked what Clinton is not talking about that voters want to hear from a candidate, Greenberg said he was struck by how closely the former first lady’s launch speech this month at Roosevelt Island in New York tracked what voters tell pollsters.
“I thought, `Wow, she saw a draft of the questionnaire!’”
Greenberg served as an outside political adviser to President Clinton in the 1990s and calls Hillary Clinton a friend, although he said he is not working for her campaign. Women’s Voices, Women Vote Action Fund, the sponsor of the poll, works to increase the number of progressive Democrats, especially unmarried women, who register to vote and participate in elections.
The Democratic Party’s strategy to hold control of the White House and win congressional seats next year relies on America’s shifting demographics and on voter turnout. But “if the disparity in enthusiasm is not addressed, that strategy is at risk,” Democracy Corps wrote in a synopsis of the findings that began, “Democrats need to give voters a reason to participate.”
The threat comes down to an enthusiasm gap of 19 points between the Democrats who say they are “extremely interested” in the congressional and local races in 2016, and the much more energized GOP voters.
The pollsters surveyed 950 likely voters June 13-17, of which 60 percent were contacted through their cellphones. Focus group interviews May 19 and June 4, both in Florida, supported the findings. The margin of error for the full sample was plus or minus 3.2 percentage points

Tokens
Democratic Turnout a '16 Risk Factor, Poll Finds

By Alexis Simendinger - June 29, 2015

icon_sn_email_color.gif
Email

icon_sn_print_color.gif
Print

Comments

304696_5_.jpg

Democratic voters are skeptics this summer.
They doubt presidential contenders can deliver favored reforms from Washington, no matter how enticing the policy agendas sound. Those doubts depress enthusiasm about next year’s White House contest and could impact turnout for the eventual Democratic nominee.

Those were among early warnings in a survey released Monday of likely 2016 voters, sponsored by Democracy Corps and Women’s Voices, Women Vote Action Fund.
Americans want change and reforms, but “people don’t think any of this is going to happen,” Stan Greenberg, chairman and CEO of polling firm Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research, said during a reporter roundtable organized by the Christian Science Monitor.
Their skepticism doesn’t turn on the idea of a Democratic nominee who would follow a two-term Democrat, President Obama. “It’s because the old political system is uniquely corrupted” in their eyes, Greenberg said. “What matters is how deep the critique people have about what’s happening in the country, both politically and economically.”
Voters define corruption as money in politics and Washington power brokers who are self-serving and disconnected from everyday Americans and their concerns. This is why Clinton’s wealth, the Clinton Foundation’s fundraising, her decades lived as a VIP, and her missing emails discourage some voters from accepting the leading Democratic candidate as trustworthy, even if they favor the economic and social policies she stakes out.
Overall, the survey found that voters are evenly divided when asked if Democrats or Republicans would do a better job “cleaning up the mess in government” (31 percent each).
In the survey, respondents expressed more favorable feelings about Obama than about Clinton (by eight percentage points), but Clinton is basically matching Obama’s 2012 support among the key elements of the party’s base, and she’s outpacing his support among white unmarried women. Obama did better in 2012 among minority voters, but according to the survey, Clinton does better among white millennial voters. Clinton fell far behind against a generic Republican ticket among working-class white voters without college degrees.
To succeed Obama, a Democratic candidate has to animate secular voters and what Greenberg calls the rising American electorate (unmarried women, people of color, and younger voters). These slices of the population will make up a majority of the total electorate for the first time in 2016, according to the pollster.
Greenberg insisted Clinton’s progressive campaign agenda is not a mirror image of Obama’s governing platform. “I would dispute that Obama was on this agenda” of equal pay, preserving Medicare and Social Security, promoting infrastructure spending, helping working women and reducing college debt burdens, he said, pointing to questions posed to respondents as part of the survey.
“The country doesn’t think he was dealing with this agenda. The first time he really talked about this is this year’s State of the Union” address, Greenberg said firmly.
“This is not his agenda. I actually think Hillary has a big opportunity.”
Asked what Clinton is not talking about that voters want to hear from a candidate, Greenberg said he was struck by how closely the former first lady’s launch speech this month at Roosevelt Island in New York tracked what voters tell pollsters.
“I thought, `Wow, she saw a draft of the questionnaire!’”
Greenberg served as an outside political adviser to President Clinton in the 1990s and calls Hillary Clinton a friend, although he said he is not working for her campaign. Women’s Voices, Women Vote Action Fund, the sponsor of the poll, works to increase the number of progressive Democrats, especially unmarried women, who register to vote and participate in elections.
The Democratic Party’s strategy to hold control of the White House and win congressional seats next year relies on America’s shifting demographics and on voter turnout. But “if the disparity in enthusiasm is not addressed, that strategy is at risk,” Democracy Corps wrote in a synopsis of the findings that began, “Democrats need to give voters a reason to participate.”
The threat comes down to an enthusiasm gap of 19 points between the Democrats who say they are “extremely interested” in the congressional and local races in 2016, and the much more energized GOP voters.
The pollsters surveyed 950 likely voters June 13-17, of which 60 percent were contacted through their cellphones. Focus group interviews May 19 and June 4, both in Florida, supported the findings. The margin of error for the full sample was plus or minus 3.2 percentage points
Same exact articles in 2012. Don't you people ever learn?

Tokens
An in 2014??????

You're so fucking stupid that you're apparently unaware that the out of power party traditionally does well in year 6 of an 8 year term, though the Repubs didn't do nearly as well as they had hoped, Jagoff. And, barring something major, they've got no shot to take the White House next year. Ya got scum like Perry, Trump, Jindal and Christie running, good luck with THAT group, lol.

Tokens
You're so fucking stupid that you're apparently unaware that the out of power party traditionally does well in year 6 of an 8 year term, though the Repubs didn't do nearly as well as they had hoped, Jagoff.

Didn't do nearly as well as they had hoped? According to who? I know you're full of shit but come on man. I shouldn't be surprised considering that comes from a borderline illiterate.

I'm honestly surprised you got the power party historically struggling in year 6 of 8. Must have had some help pulling that one out of your ass.

Tokens
You're so fucking stupid that you're apparently unaware that the out of power party traditionally does well in year 6 of an 8 year term, though the Repubs didn't do nearly as well as they had hoped, Jagoff. And, barring something major, they've got no shot to take the White House next year. Ya got scum like Perry, Trump, Jindal and Christie running, good luck with THAT group, lol.

You may want to rethink that moronic statement, dumb fuck...the R's actually had a historic midterm election in several aspects. Most notably, they haven't had this much control of the house since the 1920s, they elected several black candidates, they won governor seats in places they hadn't held in 50 years...that's just scratching the surface. I can't remember anyone suggesting they underperformed. Except someone as stupid as you.

Of course, the problem is hardly of them have done a God damn thing to stop this shithead administration from implementing their destructive agenda.

Expecting big things from them in 2016...if they don't send another marshmallow soft pussy candidate to the batter's box.

Tokens
You're so fucking stupid that you're apparently unaware that the out of power party traditionally does well in year 6 of an 8 year term, though the Repubs didn't do nearly as well as they had hoped, Jagoff.

Since 2008, Democrats have lost control of 30 state legislative chambers—totaling 910 seats—and 11 governorships - and the US Senate. Note that the Democrats are currently at a historic 188-member low in the US House. There are 31 Republican Governors, including the conservative bastions of Maryland & Massachusetts.

Some failure by Republicans there.

You are a fucking moron beyond belief.

Tokens
Didn't do nearly as well as they had hoped? According to who? I know you're full of shit but come on man. I shouldn't be surprised considering that comes from a borderline illiterate.

I'm honestly surprised you got the power party historically struggling in year 6 of 8. Must have had some help pulling that one out of your ass.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...News-FOR-THE-GOP-in-the-GOP-s-Midterm-Victory

And that's from a GOP Columnist. Read it and weep, Scumbag-and while you're at ii, lock the scum off of a dead dog's dick.:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb

Tokens
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...News-FOR-THE-GOP-in-the-GOP-s-Midterm-Victory

And that's from a GOP Columnist. Read it and weep, Scumbag-and while you're at ii, lock the scum off of a dead dog's dick.:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-house-republicans-did-even-better-than-they-expected/

http://www.businessinsider.com/elections-are-democratic-disaster-2014-11

That's a fun game, I can play too. You're embarrassing. You and your dumbass emoticons should probably take break. Also wondering why kind of a person says stuff like "lock(you meant lick) the scum off a dogs dick". I mean that's some sick shit, dude. You have some issues.

Tokens
You get YOUR accountant, I get mine. I respect Silver, but nobody's perfect(not to mention, I'm focused more on the White House, as the article mentioned).Oh, and, also, go fuck yourself: :madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb

Tokens
You get YOUR accountant, I get mine. I respect Silver, but nobody's perfect(not to mention, I'm focused more on the White House, as the article mentioned).Oh, and, also, go fuck yourself: :madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb

Then you'll be a happy guy. About as close to a lock as you can get that we will have a Dem in the White House through 2020.

Tokens
So the "proof" the the "GOP didn't do as well as they had hoped" comes from a singular columnist nobody ever heard of who's big talking point is that Republicans didn't have coatails in blue states after they won races nobody expected them to.

Not only did the columnist, who is not "the GOP" not measure against anything that anyone in the Republican party said prior to the election, in order to cast it as some sort of "dark days for Republicans" he has to set up preposterous strawmen.

And this fucking dumb pedophile who clearly can't read thinks that actually represents "the GOP didn't do as well as they hoped."

No wonder he posts baby photos.

Tokens
So the "proof" the the "GOP didn't do as well as they had hoped" comes from a singular columnist nobody ever heard of who's big talking point is that Republicans didn't have coatails in blue states after they won races nobody expected them to.

Not only did the columnist, who is not "the GOP" not measure against anything that anyone in the Republican party said prior to the election, in order to cast it as some sort of "dark days for Republicans" he has to set up preposterous strawmen.

And this fucking dumb pedophile who clearly can't read thinks that actually represents "the GOP didn't do as well as they hoped."

No wonder he posts baby photos.

Just because a fucking moron like YOU has never heard of hm doesn't mean jack shit. Now go jerk off to that avatar picture, it's probably your sister. :madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb:madasshol:bigfingerSlapping-silly90)):fckmad::Countdownazzkick(&^:tongue2::trx-smly0:kissingbb

Tokens
[h=2]BREAKING: Hillary Clinton to Fundraise with ‘Anti-Christ’[/h]BY: Andrew Stiles
June 30, 2015 1:51 pm

TWEET
EMAIL

Hillary Clinton (left) and the Prince of Darkness

Hillary Clinton will attend a fundraiser in New York on Tuesday hosted by Facebook millionaire and vertically integrated media company caretaker Chris Hughes, who recently described himself in aVanity Fair profile as “the Antichrist, or something pretty close to it.”
Hughes is best known for being Mark Zuckerberg’s roommate at Harvard and for pioneering the “poke” button feature on the popular social media website Facebook. His husband, Brown graduate Sean Eldridge, was the worst candidate of the 2014 election cycle.
Eldridge ran for Congress in New York’s 19th Congressional district after Hughes bought him a mansion there. He ended up losing by 30 points, an outcome that appears to rebut the conventional wisdom that America is in decline. Eldridge’s humiliating defeat is believed to have precipitated his husband’s reign of terror at The New Republic during which, according to Vanity Fair, Hughes “cried a lot.”
The fundraiser is the power couple’s way of saying “thank you” to Clinton for her pointless endorsement of Eldridge in the final days before the 2014 election. Bill Clinton was also the keynote speaker at the New Republic‘s 100-year anniversary gala.
The former Free Beacon Couple of the Year award winners are selling their luxury condo in Chelsea (asking price: $9 million) and were not photographed together for the Vanity Fair piece on the “complex power coupledom of Chris Hughes and Sean Eldridge.” They were also interviewed separately for the piece.
In 1975 the Clintons attended in a voodoo ceremony in Haiti. Hillary has also been known tocommunicate with the dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baseballman7890
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com