Author NCAA Football 2024-25

Search
Tokens
Looks like I'm going to get bad numbers in the Oregon St. and TCU games, I don't like whiffing on those 2 numbers. I'll add more if I can get +17.5 or better in the Oregon St. game and +2.5 (+100) or better in the TCU game.

For 9-14-24:

#205 SDSU/California Under 48.5
This game is down from the peak but this number is still playable. I made the number 46.5 so we gain some value by keeping 47 & 48. Situationally this game sets up in many positive ways. SDSU has been a defensive minded squad for some time and they come off a good defensive performance vs another similarly talented former PAC-12 school. With only a bye on deck, they should be focused for this one. Cal comes off a physical SU underdog road win at a SEC school, and with a road trip to Florida St. on deck, they should just be looking to get out of this game healthy and with the win. SDSU's offense was dominated LW, generating just 179 total yards and scoring 0 points. However, their gameplan worked as despite the abysmal offensive performance, they were in the game down just 0-7 entering the 4th quarter. When limited in certain areas you just have to give yourself a chance to win, SDSU's best chance to win is to play exactly the way the did LW. Cal returns 15 starters and has a good coach. I was dismayed at LW's SU win at Auburn because I was looking to play Cal as a dog 3 times later in the year and now some of the value will be gone from those games. Love Bears HC Wilcox and his team is better than most think and the setup is there for a noteworthy season. This game is a stepping stone and I think the Bears will cost through it using their running game in the 2nd half, just as Oregon State did LW. Last year Cal played a rough-n-tumble game early season game vs Auburn, then was at home vs a weaker opponent, before traveling to face a tough conference foe. In that interim game LY, Cal slogged its way to a 31-17 win vs Idaho and I expect a similar showing here.

#136 Florida +4.5
Ok, I'll bite. Both of these teams are down from historical standards and took out opening weekend SU losses by obliterating inferior teams in Week #2. This will be a strange and unfamiliar trip for the Aggies and playing in The Swamp is still an intimidating task. The move to FR QB Lagway for Florida is a huge bonus and his athleticism over former game-manager QB Mertz will really help the Gators on 3rd downs and when plays break down. Aggies new HC Elko is excellent and brings a ton of returning starters (18) and a lot of talent to this matchup. I didn't like what I saw in Week #1 from either of these offenses but I think Florida, with Lagway, have more of a chance to fix it. Also, Elko is in his 1st year at Texas A&M and is still fairly secure in his new job, Florida HC Napier will literally be coaching for his job in this game. Tough to back a FR QB making his first "big" start but Lagway was very highly touted and showed out LW vs Samford (456 yards passing, 3 TD's) in a confidence building performance. Napier never wanted Lagway to play this early and the fact that he did reveals to us Napier's mindset. He is all-in here and his players and the fans will be able to feel it, expect every effort can think of. Florida is still stacked with SEC caliber athletes and The Swamp is a very tough place to play. I made this line Florida +1 prior to the season beginning and have seen nothing from either of these squads to lead me to believe this is anything more than a toss-up. Gimme the points.

#192 Colorado St. +7.5
Got this on the open at a better number, but it's still playable here. At least I am being true to my word, I said I was going to fade Colorado at every reasonable opportunity early in this season and I've done just that. Here we are again. The analysis for this game is pretty simple, the Buffaloes cannot run the ball and they cannot control either line of scrimmage. This is a dangerous combination to absorb and still be continually flagged with inflated lines and unreasonable expectations. I don't care how many Heisman Trophy candidates you have on your team, if can't run the ball, can't protect the QB, and use your DL as window dressing for making aggressive plays on D, you will get beat and you will get beat-up. Colorado St. returns some legit offensive firepower and have quality talent at QB, RB, and WR giving this game the potential to become a shootout, we saw this LY in a wild 35-43 Rams loss. This is a rivalry game and this game will have been the focus of Rams HC Norvell early season game prep. The Rams played at Texas (no chance), then had games vs Northern Colorado and UTEP surrounding this one, prior to a bye. This is the definition of a "focus game" from a setup perspective. On the other side, Colorado comes in off a physical game at Nebraska and now travels to face a revenge-minded rival, not a good setup. Colorado actually played better than the final score LW vs Nebraska but I think the Colorado St. defense can get enough stops to keep them in the game. Huge backdoor potential for the home team if they happen to be trailing late as well. Still lots of value in fading Deion and they over-hyped Buffaloes.

#141 West Virginia -2.5 (-115)
Strange how college football betting hype can change so quickly. Prior to the season, WVU was a sexy dog play and some were calling for them to upset mighty Penn St. and be a player in the Big 12. One butt-whooping later and no one is talking about them. Pre-season Pitt was picked to finish 9th or 10th in a mediocre ACC. One great 4th quarter comeback to beat an average Cincinnati squad and now they are getting some love. I just don't see it. I love Pitt HC Narduzzi and that is my only fear in this game. He is not only a great coach but a great motivator and leader of young men, throw in the rivalry aspect of this game and he will def have his team ready. I think this game will be played similarly to LY's contest and the WVU power running game will be the difference. WVU plays one of the toughest schedules in the country and their Big 12 conference schedule is brutal, a loss here and the Mountaineers might find themselves needing a win at Texas Tech in the final week of the season simply to become bowl eligible. Rivalry ensure the focus and the better team wins.

Tokens
Author.....thank you for the write -ups buddy.....
also appreciate your using the rotation numbers.....indy

Tokens
Since the lines for Week #3 have settled in a bit and I'm done making my early wagers. Let's take a look a mid-week line movements vs my numbers.
We can track these moving forward if its worthwhile.

These are just my hard numbers and, as you can clearly see, I don't wager simply based on my perceived line advantage. Sometimes I will fire based simply off the number but, generally, I use it as an additional tool that I can reference.

THESE ARE NOT WAGERS!!! THESE ARE THE LINES WHERE MY NUMBER DIFFERS FROM THE CURRENT WA LINE BY +3 OR MORE.
THE SPREAD LISTED IS MY NUMBER AND NOT THE BOOKS. THE NUMBER IN ( ) IS THE SPREAD DIFFERENCE/ADVANTAGE.
THE BOLD $$ LISTINGS INDICATES THAT I HAVE WAGERED ON THAT GAME.

#106 Texas St. -2 (+3.5)

#108 Kansas -9.5. (+3) $$

#128 Michigan -28 (+4.5)

#122 Miami OH Even (+3.5)

#134 Temple +11 (+6.5)

#158 Utah St. +16.5 (+4)

#171 Jacksonville St. -1.5 (+4)

#174 Georgia St. +7.5 (+3)

#207 Kennesaw St. +13.5 (+5)

#180 S. Mississippi +7.5 (+4)

#188 TCU -3 (+5.5) $$

#194 UCLA -1 (+4.5)

#193 Kent. St. +43.5 (+5)

#200 Virgina -1 (+3.5)

#198 Houston -8 (+3.5)

#202 Wyoming +7 (+3.5)

Tokens
Adding for 9-14:

#122 Miami (OH) +4.5 (-115)
This is my peak for this line, so I'll get it now. Under-rated rivalry game that both sides take very seriously. I like this situational setup for the Redhawks. LY Miami (OH) broke a 16 game losing streak in the series and 12 starters return from that team. Those 12 players now know they can win. The Redhawks are off a bye, while they catch Cincinnati of a horrible last second loss to Pittsburgh. A loss that saw Cincy give away a 27-6 lead. This will be a clash of styles as Cincinnati wants to play with pace (#12 in plays per game) while Miami (OH) wants to be methodical and play tough defense. Miami's offense is better than it showed in the opener at Northwestern (that NW defense is good) and QB Gabbert should welcome more opportunities in this one. I have the better HC and I get the rivalry home dog off a bye. Throw in the line value (I made the line Pick) and that's enough for me.

#129 Boston College +17
This was my buy price for this game. It briefly popped at a few shops so I snagged it. Still several +16.5's out there if you want to bye to +17. I love what Boston College is doing with their talent and they likely have the most improved coaching staff in the country. New HC O'Brien is masterful in his conservative approach and he is wringing the most out of his defense and starting QB. I do not discount BC's outright upset of Florida St. as FSU was in a desperate situation off their loss to GT to start the season and the Eagles had to absorb the Seminoles best shot. O'Brien badly out-coached FSU HC Norvell and the points became irrelevant, the better team won SU. The Eagles return 17 starters, are experienced, have a playmaking QB in Castellanos, and own an under-rated defense that has 3 or 4 NFL caliber players starting. BC only played Duquesne LW and should be fully primed for another chance at a major upset. Missouri is talented and what HC Drinkwitz has done to be competitive in the SEC is pretty amazing. QB Cook looks like a potential NFL player and the Tigers D is playing well. Missouri has blasted both Murray St and Buffalo (allowed 0 points) and only have Vandy on deck, so they should have put a lot of focus on this game as well. LY a similar Missouri team opened the season with 4 consecutive non-conference home games as well. After beating South Dakota and MTSU they allowed 27 ppg vs Kansas St. and Mempis, winning by 3 and 7. Boston College is playing at a slow tempo and they will focus on eating clock and getting in manageable 3rd down situations where their coaching and preparation can give them edges. Missouri hasn't been tested yet and although I like Drinkwitz as a coach, he'll be outmatched here. If BC's front 4 can pressure the QB, this game will be much closer than most think. I'm going to ride HC O'Brien as a dog until he lets me down.

#140 Oregon St. +17 (Stations)
This line might tick a bit higher but the +17's keep getting taken out as soon as they pop up so I'm in now. Played this earlier at +14.5 also as I whiffed on the line move. Odd to see the Civil War held this early in the season, but its great to see it continued rather than abandoned. All the motivation is with the Beavers here as they were left for dead when the PAC-12 tore apart. No doubting that Oregon is the better team but TY's Ducks might not be up to past editions and traveling to Corvallis for this game will be a very difficult road trip. I do get some line value (I made the line +14) but this wager is about motivation and over-valuation. I think this is a great inspirational setup for the rivalry home dog and I'm not sure Oregon is valued correctly. I'm willing to wager to find out. The Beavers are going to run the ball A LOT and this crowd will be raucous, I think the Beavers can stay in it.

#188 TCU +1
I played TCU early and said I'd play them again if they became the dog. This line went as high as +2.5 so I caught the fall but we are moving around the zero so the impact is minimized. I played against TCU in their opener vs Stanford but the played better than the final score and I think that game gives us some line value here. I made TCU -3 and the line has never approached that. UCF has run wild, literally, over some weaker opponents but the TCU defense is no pushover. The Frogs only had Long Island LW so despite Dykes not being a great coach, he has had 2 weeks to correct the errors form the Stanford game. TCU has speed and playmakers at every level on both sides and UCF will find the sledding much tougher here than vs New Hampshire and SHSU. With all the transfers and their schedule so far it's hard to put a true grade on UCF but traveling to TCU and being bet to a road favorite is a heavy position...I'm not sure in just their 2nd season in the Big 12 that the Knights deserve that sort of spot.

Tokens
Looks like I'm going to get bad numbers in the Oregon St. and TCU games, I don't like whiffing on those 2 numbers. I'll add more if I can get +17.5 or better in the Oregon St. game and +2.5 (+100) or better in the TCU game.

For 9-14-24:

#205 SDSU/California Under 48.5
This game is down from the peak but this number is still playable. I made the number 46.5 so we gain some value by keeping 47 & 48. Situationally this game sets up in many positive ways. SDSU has been a defensive minded squad for some time and they come off a good defensive performance vs another similarly talented former PAC-12 school. With only a bye on deck, they should be focused for this one. Cal comes off a physical SU underdog road win at a SEC school, and with a road trip to Florida St. on deck, they should just be looking to get out of this game healthy and with the win. SDSU's offense was dominated LW, generating just 179 total yards and scoring 0 points. However, their gameplan worked as despite the abysmal offensive performance, they were in the game down just 0-7 entering the 4th quarter. When limited in certain areas you just have to give yourself a chance to win, SDSU's best chance to win is to play exactly the way the did LW. Cal returns 15 starters and has a good coach. I was dismayed at LW's SU win at Auburn because I was looking to play Cal as a dog 3 times later in the year and now some of the value will be gone from those games. Love Bears HC Wilcox and his team is better than most think and the setup is there for a noteworthy season. This game is a stepping stone and I think the Bears will cost through it using their running game in the 2nd half, just as Oregon State did LW. Last year Cal played a rough-n-tumble game early season game vs Auburn, then was at home vs a weaker opponent, before traveling to face a tough conference foe. In that interim game LY, Cal slogged its way to a 31-17 win vs Idaho and I expect a similar showing here.

#136 Florida +4.5
Ok, I'll bite. Both of these teams are down from historical standards and took out opening weekend SU losses by obliterating inferior teams in Week #2. This will be a strange and unfamiliar trip for the Aggies and playing in The Swamp is still an intimidating task. The move to FR QB Lagway for Florida is a huge bonus and his athleticism over former game-manager QB Mertz will really help the Gators on 3rd downs and when plays break down. Aggies new HC Elko is excellent and brings a ton of returning starters (18) and a lot of talent to this matchup. I didn't like what I saw in Week #1 from either of these offenses but I think Florida, with Lagway, have more of a chance to fix it. Also, Elko is in his 1st year at Texas A&M and is still fairly secure in his new job, Florida HC Napier will literally be coaching for his job in this game. Tough to back a FR QB making his first "big" start but Lagway was very highly touted and showed out LW vs Samford (456 yards passing, 3 TD's) in a confidence building performance. Napier never wanted Lagway to play this early and the fact that he did reveals to us Napier's mindset. He is all-in here and his players and the fans will be able to feel it, expect every effort can think of. Florida is still stacked with SEC caliber athletes and The Swamp is a very tough place to play. I made this line Florida +1 prior to the season beginning and have seen nothing from either of these squads to lead me to believe this is anything more than a toss-up. Gimme the points.

#192 Colorado St. +7.5
Got this on the open at a better number, but it's still playable here. At least I am being true to my word, I said I was going to fade Colorado at every reasonable opportunity early in this season and I've done just that. Here we are again. The analysis for this game is pretty simple, the Buffaloes cannot run the ball and they cannot control either line of scrimmage. This is a dangerous combination to absorb and still be continually flagged with inflated lines and unreasonable expectations. I don't care how many Heisman Trophy candidates you have on your team, if can't run the ball, can't protect the QB, and use your DL as window dressing for making aggressive plays on D, you will get beat and you will get beat-up. Colorado St. returns some legit offensive firepower and have quality talent at QB, RB, and WR giving this game the potential to become a shootout, we saw this LY in a wild 35-43 Rams loss. This is a rivalry game and this game will have been the focus of Rams HC Norvell early season game prep. The Rams played at Texas (no chance), then had games vs Northern Colorado and UTEP surrounding this one, prior to a bye. This is the definition of a "focus game" from a setup perspective. On the other side, Colorado comes in off a physical game at Nebraska and now travels to face a revenge-minded rival, not a good setup. Colorado actually played better than the final score LW vs Nebraska but I think the Colorado St. defense can get enough stops to keep them in the game. Huge backdoor potential for the home team if they happen to be trailing late as well. Still lots of value in fading Deion and they over-hyped Buffaloes.

#141 West Virginia -2.5 (-115)
Strange how college football betting hype can change so quickly. Prior to the season, WVU was a sexy dog play and some were calling for them to upset mighty Penn St. and be a player in the Big 12. One butt-whooping later and no one is talking about them. Pre-season Pitt was picked to finish 9th or 10th in a mediocre ACC. One great 4th quarter comeback to beat an average Cincinnati squad and now they are getting some love. I just don't see it. I love Pitt HC Narduzzi and that is my only fear in this game. He is not only a great coach but a great motivator and leader of young men, throw in the rivalry aspect of this game and he will def have his team ready. I think this game will be played similarly to LY's contest and the WVU power running game will be the difference. WVU plays one of the toughest schedules in the country and their Big 12 conference schedule is brutal, a loss here and the Mountaineers might find themselves needing a win at Texas Tech in the final week of the season simply to become bowl eligible. Rivalry ensure the focus and the better team wins.

It appears Billy Napier (the worst head football coach in college football - and an even worse offensive coordinator) is going w/ Mertz to start. We'll see how long of a leash he gives him, but Lagway didn't play a single snap vs. Miami until Mertz was injured late into the second half. I would be very, very cautious taking UF in any game that retard is still leading the program.

Tokens
It appears Billy Napier (the worst head football coach in college football - and an even worse offensive coordinator) is going w/ Mertz to start. We'll see how long of a leash he gives him, but Lagway didn't play a single snap vs. Miami until Mertz was injured late into the second half. I would be very, very cautious taking UF in any game that retard is still leading the program.
Thanks CoachCB, yeah I saw that too. I was aware there was the potential for Mertz to be back for this game but was under the impression that Napier would start Lagway after his performance LW. I'm very surprised he's going to give Mertz the start as I can't honestly believe he feels it gives them the best chance to win and he is coaching for his job. If you read my NFL thread I had good info, before almost anyone, that QB Wilson wouldn't be starting LW for Pittsburgh. I used that same type of info to feel that QB Wertz would not start here for Florida. Looks like my info was not as good. I've already wagered and am comfortable with my +4.5 as it looks like it will beat the close and have some +EV regardless.

Tokens
Adding for 9-14:

#117 C. Michigan +21
#177 Hawaii +4.5

Might have 2 more and one potential playback, depending on line movements. Shaping up to be a better board than first anticipated, now just have to bring home the results.

Tokens
Ok, this line is out of control. FSU is stinking up the place but they have the best kicker in college football and are at home, pulling this under a FG just seems weird. Line opened FSU -3.5 (-115), pretty heavy movement on a halftime line.

2nd half - Florida St. -2 (120)

Tokens
Pretty tired of posting great plays on here that beat the closing line and peak the market only to have them lose. It's moved beyond short term variance. The FSU half-time wager was the kicker, that was prolly a 61% bet that pushed because, for absolutely no reason, Norvell decided to go for two to cut the lead to 9 instead of 10? Huh? It literally made no sense either from a math perspective or a football perspective. You can't handicap that sort of stupidity.

NCAA Football Record:

Dogs (PK to +3.5) - 2 - 1 -2 = 66.7% = +.85 units
Dogs (+4 to +9.5) - 2 -5 = 28.6% = -3.55 units
DD Dogs (+10 or >) - 5 - 1 - 1 = 83.3% = +3.9 units
Faves (-1 to -3.5) - 0 -1 = 0.00% = -1.15 units
Faves (-4 to -9.5) - 1 - 0 = 100% = +1 units
Totals OVER - 1 - 3 = 25.0% = -2.3 units
Totals UNDER - 2 -0 = 100% = +2.0 units
2X Dogs = 0-1 = 0.0% = -2.2 units
Halftime/Live = 0-0-1 = 0.00% = 0.0 units

Overall = 13-12-4 = 52.0% = -1.45 units

Early line wagers:

Dogs (PK to +3.5) - 1 - 0 - 1 = 100.0% = +1.0 units = CLV ~ +3.0
Dogs (+4 to +9.5) - 1 - 1 = 5.0% = -0.1 units = CLV ~ +4.0
DD Dogs (+10 or >) - 2 - 1 = 66.7% = +0.9 units = CLV ~ -3.5
Faves (-1 to -3.5) - 0 - 5 = 0.0% = -5.5 units = CLV ~ +2.5
Faves (-4 to -9.5) - 3 - 1 = 75.0% = +1.9 units = CLV ~ +9.0
Totals OVER - 1 - 0 = 100.0% = +1.0 units = CLV ~ +1.0
Totals UNDER - 1 - 1 = 0.0% = -0.1 units = CLV ~ +4.0

Overall = 9-9-1 = 50.0% = -0.9 units
Total CLV ~ +20

CLV per play = +1.05

Playbacks:

All plays = 0 -1 = 0.0% = -1.1 units
Total CLV ~ +1.0

CLV per play = +1.0

Cumulative = 22-22-5 = 50.0% = -3.45 units

Tokens
We keep after it. Week #4 Early line wagers:

#310 Washington St. -13.5 (Had to alter my PR on this team the last 2 weeks. QB is legit, if he can stay healthy this is a good squad)
#314 Virginia/Coastal Carolina Over 54.5
#331 Georgia Tech +10.5
#338 Minnesota +2.5
#342 C. Michigan -6.5
#354 BYU +7.5
#357 Baylor +1.5
#369 TCU -2.5
#372 Oklahoma +8
#399 East Carolina +7.5

Tokens
For 9-21:

#340 California/Florida St. Over 44
California will want to play with pace here. In the 4th quarter of their last game vs SDSU, with the game in-hand, they purposefully went up-tempo with their last 2 possessions in order to get some game prep for this contest. FSU has been poor no doubt, and QB play has been a big part of it but they still have the athletes to be successful on the offensive side of the ball and now will be in desperation mode, so I don't believe any sort of gameplay is off the table. Cal's defense is improved but its a scheme based system and not predicated on having playmakers or attacking the QB. I expect aggressive offensive schemes from both coaches and the FSU side simply has too much talent to continually underachieve. The FSU D-Line has been moved off the ball and I think Cal will be able to run a bit which should help their offense. FSU kicker can add points from anywhere. I made the number for this game 46.5 and I expect a close game, hopefully helping our position.

#314 2X Virginia/Coastal Carolina Over 54.5
This is my favorite total so far this season. Going to keep the analysis simple. Both of these QB's will have a chance to eat here and I expect this to be a competitive game. I made the number 58.5 and would have been willing to play over that number. I think this line will rise as the week progresses and close at 56.5 or higher so this number has some +EV. I'll play it as a 2x at 54.5 and a single play up to 56.

#372 Oklahoma +7.5
All doom and gloom for the Sooners leading up to LW and many thought Tulane had a chance to upset the Sooners. It was not to be and Oklahoma got a nice win over a solid team. Oklahoma has been underwhelming on offense but they may have been simply "playing down" to their competition level as early season tilts vs Temple, Houston, and Tulane have not required their offense to carry the load. OU HC Venables is a fantastic defensive coach and he'll have his D ready for the hyped up Tennessee offense. This is OU's SEC debut and the home crowd should be out of control. Tennessee has been outstanding on O and with only a bye on deck, the schedule sets up well for them. This is a battle of a defensive minded team with a great defensive HC (Venables) vs an offensive minded team with a great offensive coach (Heupel). Unfamiliar road trip for the Volunteers and I always prefer the defensive mindset in big games. Additionally, this is the 4th straight home game for the Sooners to begin the season and being 3-0 SU, coming off a SU/ATS win as a favorite in game #3, and being installed as a dog in game #4, puts the Sooners in a historically positive situation. I made this line Tennessee -1.5 and just can't fathom this line staying above a TD before kickoff. The gambling gods can be fickle and Tennessee on-side kicked vs Kent St. LW while up by 30 in a game they won 71-0, karma is usually served swiftly and immediately. Gimme the points.

#349 Rutgers +4 (-120)
Missed the opener for this one and several sharp groups are currently in the process of driving this number into the ground. Solid situational setup for Rutgers as they enter off a bye and HC Schiano is a notoriously tough defensive coach, especially given extra time to prepare. Rutgers is a bit of an unknown having only played Howard and Akron YTD but their DL is full of grown men with lots of experience and I expect Schiano to have an excellent gameplan. Much was expected from VT prior to the season but an opening week loss at Vandy took the wind out of their sails. The Hokies do return 21 starters and Blacksburg is no easy place to play but HC Pry will get out-coached in this one and I think Rutgers can come in here and steal a win. Following the steam a bit as I made the line VT -4.5 but all the market indicators show this move is sharp and warranted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gogh
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com