‘Jeopardy!’ contestant’s massive payday breaks single-day record

Search

Tokens
JEOPARDY JAMES The #33 LOSER

Youtube it.

Emma -- put the mm's upside down and get 33. Marlowe 33.

Check the video.

Those who don't know anything about freemasonry will be clueless on this, but there's always a time to get started and educated on the subject.

Feel bad for those believing the whole charade.

Go handicap some Ecuadorian Bobsledding you stupid Mother Fucker.

Handicapper
Tokens
‘Jeopardy!’ leaker who spoiled James Holzhauer episode is in big trouble

The answer: Polishing their résumé.

The question: How will a member of the “Jeopardy!” production team soon be spending their time?

“Jeopardy!” executive producer Harry Friedman said Tuesday that he thinks he knows who’s responsible for leaking the ending of James Holzhauer’s final episode, and that “very, very, very appropriate” action will be taken.

“We think we know where and who and how,” Friedman told the Washington Post, as he recounted the moment he learned on Sunday that a clip showing Holzhauer’s defeat in Monday’s episode was going viral.

“Somebody alerted us that they had seen it on YouTube,” Friedman told the paper. “By the time we saw it, it already had 2,000 views.”

The minute-long clip showing Holzhauer come up short in Final Jeopardy against Chicago librarian Emma Boettcher — putting an end to the 34-year-old professional gambler’s 32-game winning streak — quickly jumped to other social media sites, proliferating despite production’s efforts to tamp it down with copyright-strikes.

“I feel bad for the viewers. It’s not fair,” Friedman said of the spoiler. “I’m not sure what’s gained by doing something like that, other than some malicious intent.

“It doesn’t really benefit anybody.”

Friedman declined to identify his prime suspect, but said the perpetrator will be dealt with.

Even though the surprise moment of Holzhauer’s loss was ruined for fans, Friedman said he looks back fondly on the Las Vegas resident’s freewheeling, riverboat gambler style of play.

“I think it reinforces that excellence really has no limit, and that there are different ways to play the game,” said Friedman. “But your strategy is only as good as your ability to come up with the correct response once you hit that signaling button.”

Holzhauer had that ability in spades: Across his 33 games, he amassed $2,464,216, coming up just short of Ken Jennings’ all-time record for non-tournament play of $2,520,700 despite playing in less than half as many games.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...ames-holzhauer-episode-is-in-big-trouble/amp/

Rx God
Tokens
What more could Jeopardy do to the leaker beyond terminating their employment ?

Even something as bad as adultery is not a criminal offense !

There must have been dozens of people involved in the production of the show that have known this outcome for weeks/ a few months Maybe ?, Keeping this stuff squelched is about as likely as a 15 year old boy having sex with his 25 year old hot , married school teacher, and keeping entirely secret, pretty close to zero !

Actual video in advance of the show must narrow it down to a very few culprits !

I watched the majority of the shows , time permitting, once JJ got rolling since he's a sports gambler and a Las Vegan, too !, It would be un-prescription-like to not support the man !

I did still watch his final anticlimactic show, I'm done with the show for now, not a game show fanatic, I find most of them pretty boring and entirely mindless !

I will occasionally watch who wants to be a millionaire

The only other one I'll sometimes watch is Family Feud with S Harvey hosting, the show is so blatantly racist it's funny
The answers some of these people come up with under pressure are hilarious, can't pot be faked , completely spontaneous

What's even funnier is these idiots that know the question are third in line to answer, so they have 60 seconds or more to think of an answer, any answer, and they can't come up with a damn thing ( even something incredibly stupid ), and get buzzed out for time, I can see drawing a blank in the final money round with 5 questions thrown at you in 20 seconds, you might freeze up, but not when you have a lot of time to come up with one reply, having nothing under those circumstances is inexcusable, just do your family a favor and check out of human race find yourself the nearest tall bridge and jump off it!

Banned
Tokens
Emma missed the final jeopardy round but had a big enough lead so she bet zero. She's not going to last to long. Definitely beatable soon.

Tokens
Emma missed the final jeopardy round but had a big enough lead so she bet zero. She's not going to last to long. Definitely beatable soon.

Agree.

She is pretty good, but nothing too special.

In the first episode after James a couple things I noticed. More clues that went unanswered then during any of the previous 30+ shows. Also, in the first round they didn't get to the final clue. Rarely happened during James run. He was borderline rude announcing this category before Trebek was done his musings but at least he made sure they got to all the clues by being abrupt.

Banned
Tokens
Anyone else notice on the first round yesterday when Emma said a true daily double. Trebek said a James move. Emma gave Alex a dirty look. Lol. She's getting tired of hearing James name.

Tokens
He only found 1 daily double and that was his first pick so he could only bet a $1000. She got the other ones and she didn’t miss an answer.
He really didn’t have a chance. Smart people, no one got a question wrong until late when that middle guy was just buzzing in to chase the other two.

Agree, and those daily doubles were his bread & butter throughout his run
*the only time I could remember when someone else caught the 2nd round DD's they lost both questions

Handicapper
Tokens
Former ‘Jeopardy!’ champ James Holzhauer’s other big loss was a Super Bowl miracle

Just like many others inside and outside the NFL, James Holzhauer was beaten by Tom Brady.

In a recent appearance on the “Bet the Process” podcast, the now-former “Jeopardy!” star, who amassed $2,464,216 in winnings through a historic 32 straight wins, revealed that he narrowly missed out on a big payday after the Falcons blew a 28-3 lead to the Patriots during the second half of Super Bowl LI, eventually losing 34-28 in overtime.

Holzhauer, who before his “Jeopardy!” reign was a 35-year-old sports gambler from Las Vegas, placed a futures bet on the Falcons that season after their Week 16 win over the Panthers, but eventually came up empty.

“Not the best Super Bowl party,” Holzhauer said.

Placing a futures bet on a team likely to earn a first-round bye in the playoffs is one of the best investments an NFL bettor can make, according to Holzhauer.

“In football, one of the big sources of edge I’ve had for years and years now, and I’m still waiting for it to disappear, is sports books underestimate the advantage going to the one and two seeds,” Holzhauer said. “I’ll virtually never place a futures bet on a team
unless they’ve got a really good shot at earning the first-round bye. The math is so, so slanted in favor of those teams. There are times when they don’t understand the tiebreakers.”

In Week 16 of that 2016-2017 season, the Falcons jumped the Seahawks for the No. 2 seed after they were upset by the Cardinals, a team they were favored to beat by nine points. At 10-5 heading into the final week, the Falcons now had the upper hand on the 9-5-1 Seahawks.

Apparently, the oddsmakers in Vegas didn’t realize the ramifications.

“I remember the year the Falcons lost the Super Bowl, Seattle got upset in Week 16,” Holzhauer said. “Seattle was then in a position to lose the tiebreaker to the Falcons, and they were still giving great futures odds to the Falcons as if this huge advantage didn’t exist, so I was really big on Atlanta that year.”

Holzhauer ranks second all-time in both total winnings and consecutive wins on “Jeopardy!,” and plans to take a brief break before returning to his day job. Holzhauer lost on Tuesday’s episode of the program to Emma Boettcher.

With over $2 million now in his back pocket, Holzhauer will have a lot to work with.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/05/forme...utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

Tokens
Quite the run James:103631605

That Super Bowl was sick, being witness to heartbreak and windfalls on both sides during that game, some guys kept betting Patriots ingame throughout the game and in the 2nd half mostly to get their game bet or 1st half bet back on the Patriots, then the moons aligned, lol

Tokens
Holzhauer got paid the other day. The Jeopardy producers expedited his check. Instead of making him wait the usual 4 months they let the local ABC affiliate in Las Vegas present him with a check during an interview on the evening news

Tokens
James Holzhauer finally lost on “Jeopardy!” and he went out in pretty unspectacular fashion on Monday, wagering just $1,399 in his final “Final Jeopardy” round.
As the fateful episode of the syndicated game show makes the rounds through the U.S. markets, many viewers are dumbfounded about why Holzhauer went so low. Darren Rovell of The Action Network is the one who got that answer.

First, this explanation requires some setup, and the explanation requires a little math. Holzhauer went into Monday’s “Final Jeopardy” with $23,400. That was $3,200 behind leader Emma Boettcher.
Also Read:Leaked 'Jeopardy!' Clip Reveals Key Moment in James Holzhauer's Dramatic Run (Video)
He got the question correct, bringing his total to $24,799 — but his uncharacteristically small wager even shocked host Alex Trebek. After all, that sum was still $1,801 behind Boettcher, who had yet to reveal her response.

“Holzhauer explained to The Action Network that he first was concerned with the contestant in third place, who had $11,000 heading into a Final Jeopardy,” Rovell wrote on Monday. “Doubling down would have gotten that contestant to $22,000, which would have been $1 less than if James would have missed. If James doubled down, he would have been at $46,800, but Boettcher seemed to have done the math perfectly as well. She got the question right and wagered $20,201, which gave her $46,801, a dollar more than what Holzhauer would’ve earned with a double-down bet.”
A professional gambler ’til the end, always playing the odds.

Live business coverage. Streaming free. Anywhere.
Stream bell-to-bell market coverage from any device without cable or a subscription. Tune in today for expert analysis and meaningful information.
Ad By Yahoo! Finance
See More

<button style="border-style: solid; border-width: 0px; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat; overflow: visible; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; touch-action: manipulation; min-height: 1.5em;"></button><input style="box-sizing: border-box; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat; border-radius: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; background-color: transparent; touch-action: manipulation;">

Also Read:James Holzhauer's 'Jeopardy' Streak Lifts Game Show to 14-Year Ratings High
Or in Holzhauer’s words:
I knew I could only win if Emma missed Final Jeopardy, as there was no way she wouldn’t bet to cover my all-in bet. So my only concern was getting overtaken by third place, and I bet just enough to make sure of locking him out. Betting big would have looked good for the cameras, but now I turn my straight bet (Emma misses) into a parlay (Emma misses and I get it right).

ADVERTISING
<iframe allow="autoplay" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="box-sizing: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; background-repeat: no-repeat; vertical-align: middle; max-width: 100%; display: block; border-width: 0px !important; border-style: initial !important; margin: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; width: 518px !important; height: 292px !important; overflow: hidden !important; float: none !important; max-height: 292px !important;"></iframe>

<iframe class="teads-resize" style="box-sizing: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; background-repeat: no-repeat; vertical-align: middle; max-width: 100%; width: 518px; border-width: initial !important; border-style: none !important; margin: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; height: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; display: block !important;"></iframe>​
Not that we really had to do this, but the math checks out.
Also Read:16 Shocking TV Show Deaths Fake Outs Ranked: 'Game of Thrones' to 'Bates Motel' (Photos)
Holzhauer’s final “Jeopardy!” appearance was taped way back on March 12. His first episode aired on April 4, meaning he was actually done before he even got started — to America, at least.
Since he doesn’t get to keep Monday’s second-place winnings — a quick Google search indicates the runner-up gets $2,000 — Holzhauer fell $58,484 (or $56,484 if you count the two grand) shy of Ken Jennings’ all-time record earnings of $2,520,700 over 74 wins.
Holzhauer, who made $2,464,216 over 33 shows (32 wins), does have the record for most single-game earnings with $131,127.

Handicapper
Tokens
James Holzhauer to donate half of World Series of Poker winnings

“Jeopardy!” champ James Holzhauer’s 15 minutes of fame aren’t over just yet.

The professional sports gambler ended his game show run after 31 wins, banking $2.46 million in prize money. Now, he’s hoping his winning streak will carry over during the World Series of Poker at the Rio Convention Center in Las Vegas.

At the behest of Hall of Fame poker player Mike Sexton, Holzhauer, 34, is competing in the $1,500 buy-in No-Limit Hold’Em Super Turbo Bounty tournament and the $1,000 buy-in Tag Team No-Limit Hold’Em.

“I decided to enter because Mike Sexton contacted me and offered to sponsor my buy-ins,” Holzhauer tells the Las Vegas Review Journal, admitting he hasn’t played in eight years — since a 2011 crackdown imposed by the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006. “I played online poker semi-professionally in the early 2000s, but I don’t intend to make a career of it now.”

He says he also realized that he could “make more money with less effort by betting sports.”

“Honestly, my poker skills are so rusty that my main goal is to get lucky,” he adds.

Holzhaurer may be out of practice, but poker all-star Ben Yu says his friend will likely be a force to reckon with.

“In poker, the smartest people are probably like Scott Seiver, Isaac Haxton — [Holzhauer’s] right up there with them for sure,” says Yu. “He has a phenomenal gambling mind. We do a lot of sports betting work together, share a lot of information. He’s definitely someone I look up to.”

A modest Holzhauer deflects with his pal’s praise — joking that the other WSOP players just want more beatable opponents.

“Ben Yu is a close friend, but he has bigger fish to fry right now than teaching me how to play cards,” he says. “Other friends have encouraged me to play in the series, but I think they might just be hoping to get more dead money in the field.”

Ever the gracious winner, Holzhauer has already promised to donate 50 percent of his Vegas winnings to charity. Over the course of his reign on “Jeopardy!” he donated some $300,000 to charities, including the Las Vegas-Clark County Library, the Las Vegas Natural History Museum and the Ronald McDonald House in Las Vegas.

Earlier this month, he also gave exactly $1,109.14 to a Chicago-based pancreatic cancer walk-athon in the name of longtime “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek, who was diagnosed with the life threatening disease in March. The oddly specific dollar amount is a reference to the birthdate (Nov. 9, 2014) of Holzhauer’s 4-year-old daughter, Natasha, who had sent Trebek a sympathy card during her dad’s trivia show stint.

“I want to express my thanks to your beautiful little daughter, Natasha, for having made this get well card for me,” Trebek told Holzhauer during the contestant’s final episode. “That was very sweet of her.”

Along with his donation, Holzhauer wrote the note, “For Alex Trebek and all the other survivors.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...lf-of-his-world-series-of-poker-winnings/amp/

Tokens
James Holzhauer to donate half of World Series of Poker winnings

“Jeopardy!” champ James Holzhauer’s 15 minutes of fame aren’t over just yet.

The professional sports gambler ended his game show run after 31 wins, banking $2.46 million in prize money. Now, he’s hoping his winning streak will carry over during the World Series of Poker at the Rio Convention Center in Las Vegas.

At the behest of Hall of Fame poker player Mike Sexton, Holzhauer, 34, is competing in the $1,500 buy-in No-Limit Hold’Em Super Turbo Bounty tournament and the $1,000 buy-in Tag Team No-Limit Hold’Em.

“I decided to enter because Mike Sexton contacted me and offered to sponsor my buy-ins,” Holzhauer tells the Las Vegas Review Journal, admitting he hasn’t played in eight years — since a 2011 crackdown imposed by the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006. “I played online poker semi-professionally in the early 2000s, but I don’t intend to make a career of it now.”

He says he also realized that he could “make more money with less effort by betting sports.”

“Honestly, my poker skills are so rusty that my main goal is to get lucky,” he adds.

Holzhaurer may be out of practice, but poker all-star Ben Yu says his friend will likely be a force to reckon with.

“In poker, the smartest people are probably like Scott Seiver, Isaac Haxton — [Holzhauer’s] right up there with them for sure,” says Yu. “He has a phenomenal gambling mind. We do a lot of sports betting work together, share a lot of information. He’s definitely someone I look up to.”

A modest Holzhauer deflects with his pal’s praise — joking that the other WSOP players just want more beatable opponents.

“Ben Yu is a close friend, but he has bigger fish to fry right now than teaching me how to play cards,” he says. “Other friends have encouraged me to play in the series, but I think they might just be hoping to get more dead money in the field.”

Ever the gracious winner, Holzhauer has already promised to donate 50 percent of his Vegas winnings to charity. Over the course of his reign on “Jeopardy!” he donated some $300,000 to charities, including the Las Vegas-Clark County Library, the Las Vegas Natural History Museum and the Ronald McDonald House in Las Vegas.

Earlier this month, he also gave exactly $1,109.14 to a Chicago-based pancreatic cancer walk-athon in the name of longtime “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek, who was diagnosed with the life threatening disease in March. The oddly specific dollar amount is a reference to the birthdate (Nov. 9, 2014) of Holzhauer’s 4-year-old daughter, Natasha, who had sent Trebek a sympathy card during her dad’s trivia show stint.

“I want to express my thanks to your beautiful little daughter, Natasha, for having made this get well card for me,” Trebek told Holzhauer during the contestant’s final episode. “That was very sweet of her.”

Along with his donation, Holzhauer wrote the note, “For Alex Trebek and all the other survivors.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...lf-of-his-world-series-of-poker-winnings/amp/

Good man here. Hope he keeps on winning.

Rx God
Tokens
James will be back on Tuesday 1/7/2020. The 3 greatest will play each other for a million, should be competitive ?
I don't regularly watch the show but will on occasion like when JJ was on his streak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
john2g2005
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com