Sunday⚾ - MLB/Celtics @ Heat *IN-GAME ACTION THREAD*?

Search

Tokens
Have you been listening to post game press conferences?

At the end of game 2, Tatum said he was tired as the game started at 845
At the end of game 3, Brown had no words on what happened last nite.

Those are your best 2 players?

Would you ever hear Butler and Bam give excuses like that?

The Celtics need a "respected" head coach to take over this team.

Talent wise, the Celtics are WAY better than the HEAT.

Coaching and Mental toughness? It aint even close

I'd have to see that Tatum quote to have an opinion on it, if you have a link feel free to post. My guess is I won't care about it though. Just like I didn't care about Grant Williams talking to Butler in game 2. This stuff isn't that dramatic to me.

They've been blowing big playoff games under 3 different head coaches over the last 4 years though. They almost blew the sereis to the Heat last year despite being in control all game 7.

Has more to do with those guys limitations as players than coaching. Mazzula is in over his head (playing Grant Williams down the stretch of game 2 after being DNP half the playoffs was 1 of the most bizarre things I've seen a coach do rotation wise in a big game like that, the Heat were just going at him every play) but their offense just struggles to generate good looks for a variety of reasons that has to do with those guys lack of playmaking ability. Not many guys are elite offensive players when its at the highest level at this stage.

Tokens
I do think if Spoelstra could go back in time, he probably realizes he leaned way too much into playing PJ Tucker last year. Miami offense just looks so much better with a 3rd guy around Butler/Bam that can shoot above the break/attack closeouts rather than a guy that has to stand in the corner and be completely wide open. Rob Williams was just hanging out in the dunker spot and ruining the entire game because of this alignment.

Bam has so much more room to work because of this and Horford isn't quite to the level he was last year as well.

Martin wasn't this good last year so maybe he didn't think he had better options, but he would probably like that 1 back. Getting the Celts out of the 2 big alignment is really what started Miami cooking the Celts in the series.

Tokens
I'd have to see that Tatum quote to have an opinion on it, if you have a link feel free to post. My guess is I won't care about it though. Just like I didn't care about Grant Williams talking to Butler in game 2. This stuff isn't that dramatic to me.

They've been blowing big playoff games under 3 different head coaches over the last 4 years though. They almost blew the sereis to the Heat last year despite being in control all game 7.

Has more to do with those guys limitations as players than coaching. Mazzula is in over his head (playing Grant Williams down the stretch of game 2 after being DNP half the playoffs was 1 of the most bizarre things I've seen a coach do rotation wise in a big game like that, the Heat were just going at him every play) but their offense just struggles to generate good looks for a variety of reasons that has to do with those guys lack of playmaking ability. Not many guys are elite offensive players when its at the highest level at this stage.
I watched Tatum's press conference after the game Friday night so not sure where a link is. I was just shocked to hear that. Just sounded like a "pussy excuse".

The Celtics go through stretches at times where they clamp down on defense like they are the 96 bulls but then will go through stretches where they get lazy as hell where a 9-73 team could beat them. Seems like in the playoffs both this year and last, the HEAT have taken advantage of that "lazy stretch" every dang time.

Had the HEAT won their play in game vs Atlanta, then this matchup would have been the first round matchup. Imagine if the same results happened? The 2 seeded celts would have been down 3-0 in the first round? Would have been easier to fire Mazzula (he may be gone pending on game 4) and Coach Bud would probably still have a job

Tokens
I do think if Spoelstra could go back in time, he probably realizes he leaned way too much into playing PJ Tucker last year. Miami offense just looks so much better with a 3rd guy around Butler/Bam that can shoot above the break/attack closeouts rather than a guy that has to stand in the corner and be completely wide open. Rob Williams was just hanging out in the dunker spot and ruining the entire game because of this alignment.

Bam has so much more room to work and Horford isn't quite to the level he was last year as well.

Martin wasn't this good last year so maybe he didn't think he had better options, but he would probably like that 1 back. Getting the Celts out of the 2 big alignment is really what started Miami cooking the Celts in the series.
Martin was pretty good in the regular season last year. He was the starting 4 all year (replacing PJ) until Kevin Love came here.

Kyle Lowry was the starting PG last year but he sucked last year. Lowry has been awesome off the bench.

I also think this team is playing better without Tyler Herro. I like him but dont love his defensive play

Bam is DOMINATING this series. He's been using this 1 move on Horford all series and yesterday, he made Brown look like a little bitch. Not sure how much you watched of the Bucks series but Bam looked crappy for the first 42 minutes of each game

Martin has a 3 year 20 million contract. Vincent makes 1.875 mil a year. Miami has a way of finding undrafted guys on the cheap and developing them. Funny when those guys leave Miami, they turn out to be pretty average at best players.

Tokens

They play such “random” offense at the end of games when most teams could reliably dump the ball to a star who could create his own shot. As talented as Tatum is, you can depend on him to do that consistently

Tokens
Martin was pretty good in the regular season last year. He was the starting 4 all year (replacing PJ) until Kevin Love came here.

Kyle Lowry was the starting PG last year but he sucked last year. Lowry has been awesome off the bench.

I also think this team is playing better without Tyler Herro. I like him but dont love his defensive play

Bam is DOMINATING this series. He's been using this 1 move on Horford all series and yesterday, he made Brown look like a little bitch. Not sure how much you watched of the Bucks series but Bam looked crappy for the first 42 minutes of each game

Martin has a 3 year 20 million contract. Vincent makes 1.875 mil a year. Miami has a way of finding undrafted guys on the cheap and developing them. Funny when those guys leave Miami, they turn out to be pretty average at best players.

Styles make fights, there's just more room to work against Horford (also I'd guess Horford at 37 years old having to grind 7 games vs Embiid has worn him down some, but obviously I can't quantify that. That's pretty damn old to be doing that)

Even at their worst, Bucks take away most of the areas that Bam likes to score in, always prioritize protecting the rim.

Some of these Heat guys are playing way over their heads but the matchup + better spacing than they've had is worth a lot.

Tokens
They play such “random” offense at the end of games when most teams could reliably dump the ball to a star who could create his own shot. As talented as Tatum is, you can depend on him to do that consistently

Tatum often does look worse when Celts go to shit because Brown can't really do anything though. This is why people kinda lump those 2 in, but he really is way better than him. Brown pretty much just line drive attacks or hits contested shots, can't make anyone better. Just tough to give the ball to a player like that late in the game vs the best defenses.

But Tatum isn't your classic Giannis/Jokic/Curry (or even Butler) that you find on teams at the highest level. Still, he's kinda hung out to dry by his sidekicks limitations.

Also why someone like Grant Williams can't really play for the Celts, you need more of a 5 man attack if they're your top 2. Even though he is a useful rotation player.

Tokens
Styles make fights, there's just more room to work against Horford (also I'd guess Horford at 37 years old having to grind 7 games vs Embiid has worn him down some, but obviously I can't quantify that. That's pretty damn old to be doing that)

Even at their worst, Bucks take away most of the areas that Bam likes to score in, always prioritize protecting the rim.

Some of these Heat guys are playing way over their heads but the matchup + better spacing than they've had is worth a lot.
I am going to state the obvious here.

If the HEAT are draining their 3's, then they cant lose.

Jimmy is doing a good job driving and finding the open man for the 3

I watched a good 50+ regular season games this season and totally hated this team. Looked so out of place. Playoffs come and they look like a different team

Tokens
Tatum often does look worse when Celts go to shit because Brown can't really do anything though. This is why people kinda lump those 2 in, but he really is way better than him. Brown pretty much just line drive attacks or hits contested shots, can't make anyone better. Just tough to give the ball to a player like that late in the game vs the best defenses.

But Tatum isn't your classic Giannis/Jokic/Curry (or even Butler) that you find on teams at the highest level. Still, he's kinda hung out to dry by his sidekicks limitations.

Also why someone like Grant Williams can't really play for the Celts, you need more of a 5 man attack if they're your top 2. Even though he is a useful rotation player.
No doubt Tatum way better than Brown, which is why it’s annoying to see Brown try to take over sometimes

Brown definitely tries to play “like a 1” .It’s hard to watch when he isn’t finishing and missing those tough jumpers.

Tokens
I watched Tatum's press conference after the game Friday night so not sure where a link is. I was just shocked to hear that. Just sounded like a "pussy excuse".

The Celtics go through stretches at times where they clamp down on defense like they are the 96 bulls but then will go through stretches where they get lazy as hell where a 9-73 team could beat them. Seems like in the playoffs both this year and last, the HEAT have taken advantage of that "lazy stretch" every dang time.

Had the HEAT won their play in game vs Atlanta, then this matchup would have been the first round matchup. Imagine if the same results happened? The 2 seeded celts would have been down 3-0 in the first round? Would have been easier to fire Mazzula (he may be gone pending on game 4) and Coach Bud would probably still have a job
It may not have played out this way if it was a first round series though

No way to know.

Tokens

I watched a good 50+ regular season games this season and totally hated this team. Looked so out of place. Playoffs come and they look like a different team

We'll see in the next rd barring a collapse I guess. These teams can be tough to judge in real time but Miami did run really good. Giannis injury then the Knicks the next rd. Sixers don't shoot 0/8 4th Q from 3 game 6 and Celts may have already been embarrassed. So the warning signs were there with them.

I really didn't see Miami just waxing the Celts, pre-series (which seems like eternity ago) I would've said meh, no one on the Heat besides their big 2 is getting in the Celts rotation, that's a lot to overcome. But I did think Denver would handle them, Horford/Rob wouldn't hold up vs Jokic and Celts don't really profile as the type of team that can stress Jokic defensively.

Tokens

I almost think no Herro has unlocked some stuff for them. They’re obviously more versatile defensively.

Also gave a guy like Duncan Robinson a new opportunity for example and he’s shooting well/taking advantage . He was basically out of the rotation not long ago

Miami was a little underrated for sure, they have a lot of guys who can get hot from 3 and they play great team defense without Herro.

But they also are running damn good. I would be a little surprised if they beat Denver in the finals.

Tokens
This team sucks to watch, I don't even enjoy the games. Their play last night was emberrassing. The flopping and crying to officials is so over the top. Ever see players trying to get a call so bad?? I don't even blaming the officals for eating their whistles. Pussy basketball. No heart.

I've been a big fan of Brown since he joined this team but he's been terrible all series. He is gone. So is the coach.
And if they resign Grant Williams I'll be watching less of the Celts going forward LOL.

With all that said I've seen comebacks before so I won't bury them until its over.

Tokens
No doubt Tatum way better than Brown, which is why it’s annoying to see Brown try to take over sometimes

Brown definitely tries to play “like a 1” .It’s hard to watch when he isn’t finishing and missing those tough jumpers.

Mazzula is definitely in over his head, even though these results aren't much different than previous postseasons (prior to last night) but people go a little too far with these 2 guys. Tatum is a top 10 player everyone healthy, Brown is about top 20. They got a very deep supporting cast on paper but still a lot of NBA is about your main horses. They aren't Shaq and Kobe.

When they lose, a lot of it is just someone was better rather than some internal conflict or some massive intangible deficiency.

That being said, East is the inferior conference. Bucks/Sixers have star big men you don't even know if they will be healthy in the playoffs, Heat are good, everyone else marginal but as long as Celts have Tatum/Brown they should be back in the hunt next year. Also, both of those guys have proven pretty durable which is worth a lot these days. Creates a high floor.

Tokens
I almost think no Herro has unlocked some stuff for them. They’re obviously more versatile defensively.

Also gave a guy like Duncan Robinson a new opportunity for example and he’s shooting well/taking advantage . He was basically out of the rotation not long ago

Miami was a little underrated for sure, they have a lot of guys who can get hot from 3 and they play great team defense without Herro.

But they also are running damn good. I would be a little surprised if they beat Denver in the finals.
Duncan was awful last season and this regular season. They paid him summer of 21 and has been awful.

However, once he starts hitting 3's, i love him again. Seems like he's playing with confidence and looking like Duncan from the 2020 bubble

I like Strus better than Duncan. Strus plays better Defense. Not sure when his contract is up but he'll get paid

Tokens
We'll see in the next rd barring a collapse I guess. These teams can be tough to judge in real time but Miami did run really good. Giannis injury then the Knicks the next rd. Sixers don't shoot 0/8 4th Q from 3 game 6 and Celts may have already been embarrassed. So the warning signs were there with them.

I really didn't see Miami just waxing the Celts, pre-series (which seems like eternity ago) I would've said meh, no one on the Heat besides their big 2 is getting in the Celts rotation, that's a lot to overcome. But I did think Denver would handle them, Horford/Rob wouldn't hold up vs Jokic and Celts don't really profile as the type of team that can stress Jokic defensively.
Nobody saw the HEAT waxing the celtics (so far).

If its a Miami/Den finals, Joker will get his points. The goal will to be to force him to make tougher shots and have Bam try to get him into foul trouble.

HEAT fans are happy with house money right now. Celtics fans (after last nite) have to be PISSED

Tokens
Mazzula is definitely in over his head, even though these results aren't much different than previous postseasons (prior to last night) but people go a little too far with these 2 guys. Tatum is a top 10 player everyone healthy, Brown is about top 20. They got a very deep supporting cast on paper but still a lot of NBA is about your main horses. They aren't Shaq and Kobe.

When they lose, a lot of it is just someone was better rather than some internal conflict or some massive intangible deficiency.

That being said, East is the inferior conference. Bucks/Sixers have star big men you don't even know if they will be healthy in the playoffs, Heat are good, everyone else marginal but as long as Celts have Tatum/Brown they should be back in the hunt next year. Also, both of those guys have proven pretty durable which is worth a lot these days. Creates a high floor.
Yeah I mean Mazzula shouldn’t be there. He’d probably admit it himself. Just not a good idea to have an inexperienced guy like that coaching a team with championship aspirations, but I guess they couldn’t do much else

Celtics should be able to be near top of conference running it back. Just feel like they’re gonna do something given year after year of being about the same

hacheman@therx.com
Staff member
Tokens
Guy has been a rock all of these years and we're seeing a big reason why the Florida Gators won those back to back national championships when he was on the roster

Tokens
Yeah I mean Mazzula shouldn’t be there. He’d probably admit it himself. Just not a good idea to have an inexperienced guy like that coaching a team with championship aspirations, but I guess they couldn’t do much else

Celtics should be able to be near top of conference running it back. Just feel like they’re gonna do something given year after year of being about the same

"We're gonna be about the same team and we're probably gonna lose" generally makes fans restless but they aren't gonna get rid of Brown yet I don't think. You just can't get fair value for a 27 year old all star wing with hardly any injury history. Got 2 more years before Tatum has to make the supermax, at that point if they haven't won then I think they will probably trade Brown rather than have 2 guys on the team making 5/300ish each that hasn't won anything.

I'd expect he'll be on the team next year.

And I don't think Brown will take less money, one thing no one talks about is he probably already feels he took less money as his role/playing time was reduced in 2019 and he struggled when Irving/Hayward came back and he didn't get paid the full max because of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aceseatschickenbakes
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com