President Donald Trump Criticizes NFL Player Protests, Says Fans Should Exit Stadiums

Search

hacheman@therx.com
Staff member
Tokens
Dear Mr. President,
Please...
DO something about employment.
DO something about healthcare.
DO something about national security.

DON'T worry about the NFL.
DON'T worry if the NBA champs are going to visit.
DON'T tweet like some 13-year-old girl.

You are President of the United States. Start acting like it. DO SOMETHING.

​Thanks for your time.

If athletes think they can talk politics, then the president can talk Sports all he wants...

Tokens
As the leader of the free world you need to act with a certain amount of diplomacy. Name calling leaders of other countries.....calling your citizen SOB's is not ok in my mind.

In terms of getting results...he has accomplished absolutely nothing. For example Ron Reagan needed to reach across the aisle to work with the democrats to get legislation passed. That takes diplomacy. He has control of the house and senate and cant get anything passed.

I think he is an absolute idiot. One of the items I agree with is we cant be the only country in the world doing all of the heavy lifting in terms of spending money on defense and that other countries like Japan and Germany need to start paying their fair share. Then he asks for $50 billion more for defense. Are you kiddding me? We need to cut military spending and/or make them do more for less. If it takes a million dollars to send a soldier over seas for a year and you pay them $25,000......where is the rest of the money going? Making some people very wealthy.

In the Vietnam days I didnt understand the need for people to burn the american flag but as I have aged I can now understand that they were angry enough with our leaders for sending young men to a useless war that they felt the need to make a statement that would make those "leaders" mad. They did this to make a statement in hopes that we would change and end the war. As the war dragged on others joined them in the protests until finally we exited a war unpopular with the people. In the United States we are granted this right and people before them have fought for this right. I personally take my hat off and stand at the national anthem. Those kneeling are voicing their displeasure similar to the flag burning in the hopes of change in our country.

Tokens
As the leader of the free world you need to act with a certain amount of diplomacy. Name calling leaders of other countries.....calling your citizen SOB's is not ok in my mind.

In terms of getting results...he has accomplished absolutely nothing. For example Ron Reagan needed to reach across the aisle to work with the democrats to get legislation passed. That takes diplomacy. He has control of the house and senate and cant get anything passed.

I think he is an absolute idiot. One of the items I agree with is we cant be the only country in the world doing all of the heavy lifting in terms of spending money on defense and that other countries like Japan and Germany need to start paying their fair share. Then he asks for $50 billion more for defense. Are you kiddding me? We need to cut military spending and/or make them do more for less. If it takes a million dollars to send a soldier over seas for a year and you pay them $25,000......where is the rest of the money going? Making some people very wealthy.

In the Vietnam days I didnt understand the need for people to burn the american flag but as I have aged I can now understand that they were angry enough with our leaders for sending young men to a useless war that they felt the need to make a statement that would make those "leaders" mad. They did this to make a statement in hopes that we would change and end the war. As the war dragged on others joined them in the protests until finally we exited a war unpopular with the people. In the United States we are granted this right and people before them have fought for this right. I personally take my hat off and stand at the national anthem. Those kneeling are voicing their displeasure similar to the flag burning in the hopes of change in our country.

There's never a reason to burn the American flag. Never.

These athletes and the entitled media are the exact reason he will get reelected.

I like money
Handicapper
Tokens
DKfjFclUIAEq-tY.jpg

Yet blacks have more encounters with police. In fact, blacks commit more murders and robberies than whites.

Im not really sure what your trying to say. Your statement is vague. Those are the numbers but you are omitting the percentages. There are like 200 million more white people than black people in the US.

Tokens
Im not really sure what your trying to say. Your statement is vague. Those are the numbers but you are omitting the percentages. There are like 200 million more white people than black people in the US.

All you need to know is the following:

in 2016, 258 blacks were killed by cops.
39 of the 258 were unarmed.
Less than 15 of those 39 were shot.

These are the real facts.

Tokens
a29074bb80e910f4d7550b0e97edf07e.jpeg

antiobama-tea-party-activists-protest-current-tax-policy-on-freedom-picture-id525641666

only members of one party incite violence and burns flags and destroy property and gets arrested

and you have it all assbackwards

especially since the pictures you post are not real, it's Hollywood, such a liberal thing to do
Delusional

Tokens
Trump playing these idiots like puppets. He just says something, sits back and laughs at them. Kind of how everyone laughs at the idiots on the left.

Tokens
Trump is right. Respect our national anthem. Respect our flag. Respect our freedom. Respect our veterans that gave thier life for our freedom. Respect that you have the freedom to even watch football. If you don’t than get the fuck out of this country. Period.
I think you would have loved Germany circa 1937.

Rx Normal
Tokens
  • Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 1h1 hour ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

Courageous Patriots have fought and died for our great American Flag --- we MUST honor and respect it! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

25,642 replies17,538 retweets61,684 likes

• Donald J. Trump Retweeted
    DONNA WARREN ??‏ @DonnaWR8 <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 2h2 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

Replying to @DonnaWR8 @realDonaldTrump

I wonder what this BRAVE American would give to stand on his OWN two legs just ONCE MORE for our #Anthem? #MAGA #NFL

DKglbVrUQAAiJnQ.jpg

3,487 replies6,830 retweets18,507 likes

DONNA WARREN ??‏ @DonnaWR8 <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 2h2 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

You can boycott our anthem WE CAN BOYCOTT YOU! #NFL #MAGA

DKglIsIVAAAWKNs.jpg

3,279 replies6,222 retweets18,391 likes

• Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 2h2 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

Great solidarity for our National Anthem and for our Country. Standing with locked arms is good, kneeling is not acceptable. Bad ratings!

30,098 replies14,152 retweets61,680 likes

• Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 10h10 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

...NFL attendance and ratings are WAY DOWN. Boring games yes, but many stay away because they love our country. League should back U.S.

58,006 replies26,246 retweets117,147 likes

• Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 10h10 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast. Fire or suspend!

51,400 replies34,032 retweets131,040 likes

• Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 22h22 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

Roger Goodell of NFL just put out a statement trying to justify the total disrespect certain players show to our country.Tell them to stand!

62,536 replies36,661 retweets135,511 likes

Rx Normal
Tokens
Trump didn't start this culture war, but unlike most wimps on "our side" he's willing to fight. Protest all you want on your time, but while on the clock, there is a tradition of decorum at public events like NFL games. Once again, another great American tradition and sign of unity has been laid to waste by modern leftists.

Trump is fighting back and these plummeting ratings and attendance are proving him right.

I like money
Handicapper
Tokens
All you need to know is the following:

in 2016, 258 blacks were killed by cops.
39 of the 258 were unarmed.
Less than 15 of those 39 were shot.

These are the real facts.
Umm, Im still not sure what point you are trying to prove. (one way or the other)
-
And youre use of the word facts is incorrect also. Those numbers are "reported" numbers by those involved. Unarmed is "reported" unarmed. You dont know of planted weapons or removed/lost weapons.
-
Also, provide those stats for the white population for comparison.
-
And how is that "all I need to know"? Statistics are only reliable as their source. They can be manipulated to prove a point, one way or the other.

Tokens
After Tom Brady retires, the once mighty NFL is toast.

Finished.

Bankrupt.

Never mind that we're dealing with a shitty declining product (quick: name a future HOF QB other than Brady, Rogers, Brees, Eli and MAYBE Rivers?) and this CTE ticking time bomb, nobody is going to put up with this left wing culture war bullshit in any of their sports. If it spills over into the NBA, it will happen there too.

Greedy fuckers did it to themselves and will have nobody to blame but themselves. Fans pay their mansions, fancy cars and ridiculous decadent lifestyles and these spoiled players piss right back in their faces! And the spineless owners scared of "Social Justice Warriors" and the BLM clowns remind me of the spineless RINO pussies in Washington who refuse to let all the time crime and corruption go unpunished.

It's done.

After the game's best ever QB exists stage left, millions and millions of football fans will follow him.

NOT FOR LONG - you heard it here first!

Maybe Goodell can start relocating franchises in China!
azzkick(&^
cmon man. No one man is bigger than the game. Tiger Woods was WAY bigger than
Old Man Brady, in respective sports. People would WATCH golf cause of Woods. Folks arent watching the NFL cause of Brady. Golf is going strong with Mr Woods long gone. The game is bigger than ANYONE. It will move forward. This sport is like a religion in various areas of the country. Moment of time......don't get all crazy bro

Tokens
Umm, Im still not sure what point you are trying to prove. (one way or the other)
-
And youre use of the word facts is incorrect also. Those numbers are "reported" numbers by those involved. Unarmed is "reported" unarmed. You dont know of planted weapons or removed/lost weapons.
-
Also, provide those stats for the white population for comparison.
-
And how is that "all I need to know"? Statistics are only reliable as their source. They can be manipulated to prove a point, one way or the other.

So, you dispute the numbers now? The cops are all lying? If you believe more than 200 police departments planted weapons on people, there's nothing else really to say.

Provide stats for the white population? Why? The numbers are way higher because there's a much greater population of whites in America. What is the purpose?

These numbers are reported by the liberal press. When they have a point to prove regarding blacks being shot in America, why would they skew the stats to not fit their narrative?

Tokens
This is why the left and the NFL is beyond dumb. Trump is playing them for fools. It just goes to show you just how immoral the progressive platform is when Trump of all folks has the moral high ground. Trump is laughing at them.

Tokens
  • Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 1h1 hour ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

Courageous Patriots have fought and died for our great American Flag --- we MUST honor and respect it! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

25,642 replies17,538 retweets61,684 likes

DONNA WARREN ‏ @DonnaWR8 <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 2h2 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

I wonder what this BRAVE American would give to stand on his OWN two legs just ONCE MORE for our #Anthem? #MAGA #NFL

DKglbVrUQAAiJnQ.jpg

3,487 replies6,830 retweets18,507 likes

DONNA WARREN ‏ @DonnaWR8 <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 2h2 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

You can boycott our anthem WE CAN BOYCOTT YOU! #NFL #MAGA

DKglIsIVAAAWKNs.jpg

3,279 replies6,222 retweets18,391 likes

• Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 2h2 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

Great solidarity for our National Anthem and for our Country. Standing with locked arms is good, kneeling is not acceptable. Bad ratings!

30,098 replies14,152 retweets61,680 likes

</button>

...NFL attendance and ratings are WAY DOWN. Boring games yes, but many stay away because they love our country. League should back U.S.

58,006 replies26,246 retweets117,147 likes

</button>

If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast. Fire or suspend!

51,400 replies34,032 retweets131,040 likes

• Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 22h22 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

Roger Goodell of NFL just put out a statement trying to justify the total disrespect certain players show to our country.Tell them to stand!

62,536 replies36,661 retweets135,511 likes

LOL. The Old Man going on a twitter rant. Why didnt he call Goodell?............NFL bankrupt yet?

Tokens
<header id="liiheader" role="banner" class="container-fluid" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-right: 15px; padding-left: 15px; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto; position: fixed; margin-top: 35px; width: 568px; z-index: 10; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;"><nav id="liiallnav" class="navbar navbar-default" role="navigation" style="box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; min-height: 50px; margin-bottom: 20px; border: none; background-image: none;"><button type="button" class="navbar-toggle" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#liinav" href="#liinav" style="margin: 8px 15px 8px 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; line-height: inherit; color: inherit; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; position: relative; float: right; padding: 9px 10px; background-color: transparent; background-image: none; border-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; display: block;">Toggle navigation</button>
https://www.law.cornell.edu/donatehttps://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/227#

</nav></header><header style="box-sizing: border-box;"></header>

[h=1]18 U.S. Code § 227 - Wrongfully influencing a private entity’s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch[/h]

prev | next​
(a)Whoever, being a covered government person, with the intent to influence, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation, an employment decision or employment practice of any private entity—(1)takes or withholds, or offers or threatens to take or withhold, an official act, or

(2)influences, or offers or threatens to influence, the official act of another,

shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than 15 years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

(b)In this section, the term “covered government person” means—(1)a Senator or Representative in, or a Delegate or Resident Commissioner to, the Congress;

(2)an employee of either House of Congress; or

(3)the President, Vice President, an employee of the United States Postal Service or the Postal Regulatory Commission, or any other executive branch employee (as such term is defined under section 2105 of title 5, United States Code).

(Added Pub. L. 110–81, title I, § 102(a), Sept. 14, 2007, 121 Stat. 739; amended Pub. L. 112–105, § 18(a), Apr. 4, 2012, 126 Stat. 304.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youm6053
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com