BUCKEYE SPORTS /THE PRESCRIPTION / TOP/ WAGERS PARADISE......

Search
Wanted to start a new thread without the flaming so I can respond to several issues. The only thing I ask everyone to understand is that I am not here to hurt anyone, only trying to level the playing field. While I'm not perfect I easily put myself in other people's shoes. As a book I thought 90% of the players were scum. Hate to admit it now but it was true. I think I got to that point because it was the 2% of players that stiffed me, took repeated shots at me and did other things I won't post to here that got me fed up with them. Now I am one of "them". My point is things are not ever as one-sided or clear cut as they seem. I want to talk on several issues and see what folks have to say about them. I make no bones as of the last few years I am on the players side and take this stuff seriously when players get scammed out of money. We have nowhere to turn to when this happens. Here are some assorted thoughts:

Buckeyes Sports - I called and talked to them and had a good conversation. As always I find that the book usually understands completely why there would be some questions. He wasn't upset or pissed off even though his book was spoken of here in a bad light, he understood. Only on the site do the folks who recieve ad dollars or some of the book people freak out. The guy was a very logical and reasonable man. Hell he would probably ask the same questions had he had any money that was sent to a 3rd world country. Not to bitch anyone out but when people pile on and offer up nothing but useless drivel it does little to help matters. Though I participated the other thread got out of hand.

Anyway after talking to Buckeye Sports it is my opinion this book is safe and has no affiliation with Wagers Paradise other than what was stated. For one thing I asked him a couple of questions I already knew the answer to just to see if he would lie, he didn't. Also I didn't get the feeling he was trying to sell me anything, in fact though he was friendly I got more of an attitude as this is the way it is. That is a good thing as most scamming joints come across like used car salesmen. Lastly and most importantly I am satisfied without any names being mentioned some of the original folks I knew about are still involved. Of course I am no expert but I believe this place made some questionable calls in the WP deal but is overall a safe place. I want to say I hate to hear about "don't you know who that is" routine as though that is final gospel. I told you long before I knew the background of the original people but when you are sitting in the USA not everybody can keep up with who is who. With splinter groups of this one and partners forming out of old partners etc....it is impossible for an unconnected person like me to stay on top of it. Some books sell off their credit or post up side and are out of business and with new owners before anyone of us know anything. Won't stop me from trying though. Watchdog sites like The Prescription have nothing to lose, it's the players that will lose their money if we don't do our homework. For that reason it is my opinion until things change you can not go by who advertises here. Which leads me to.....

The Prescription - sorry but this place is going downhill Ken. It's one thing to have an agenda but you allow it to completely rule this place and the decisions you make. This place was against touts not long ago now you are trying desperately to sell yourself out in a joint partnership with them. Or we heard nothing about Royal the whole time they were here yet days after they didn't extend their ad dollars Peep hears stuff in e-mails that he posts about? I mean only a day or two after? Other stuff too. Peep as the main man here insists you are not a watchdog site while you insist you are. What the hell are us posters suppossed to think? Not to mention potential advertisers? What's even worse is you do all you can to stifle the free flow of information. I knew when I wanted answers on Buckeye Ken would be by to tell me I was wrong. They never know their own books are going down until it is too late but always enough to put posters down who ask about books like I did. Kind of strange. Ken rushes in to tell me that he wants me to apologize if I'm wrong but how many books have gone belly up while advertising here? I don't get the feeling Ken cares to much to be perfectly frank, I must not be here when he apologizes. The first time it happened here I begged Ken to help me start the TOP (The Off Shore Players club). I told him it does not automatically mean a drop off in ad dollars, just that we would work to put a system in place to check these places out more closely. Hell in fact if done correctly it could have fueled this place like nothing before. The only one on the staff who tried to help me or took it seriously was Angelle!! There is a reason top notch books like Olympic are not here IMO and won't ever be here if things don't change. Instead I had to go off on my own and start TOP and the posters here are left getting stiffed again with Wagers Paradise. All the while the posters here are having Peep prop books like Pro 5 and Yahoops to the readers? Yes Ken looks like I may be wrong about Buckeye Sports but if you did your job on Wagers Paradise it wouldn't have come to this. I feel if I don't ask any questions no one else would, for that I am happy I did......

Wagers Paradise - this means little to anyone who is owed but hearing Buckeye sports talk makes me believe the guy just ran into bad luck. He had an investor and things went sour. This was basically a one man shop operating out of the back of Buckeye sports building. The real fault? The Prescription. Now that I am digging it is incredible that this place passed them off as a viable out for us players or allowed them to sponsor a contest. Anyway no need to beat a dead horse, nothing will change. I will be struggling to help the guys over at TOP find out all we can about the safety of our money while sites like this will be recieving advertising money and asking ZERO questions. They have nothing to lose, only the players do. Anyway for what it's worth, I'm not convinced this guy running WP was a scammer as much as a fellow who ran into bad luck. In fact I am told he went to his own pocket to pay some winners in a contest. However all of this means little to anyone who got stiffed, whatever the reason.

BOOK SHILLS - you guys make things worse, not better. You want to help the players than e-mail pertinent stuff about folks opening up in CR, especially one's that you see advertising at these places. Anyone can sit on the sidelines and take shots at others tryng to help. If I hear once more so and so is a "stand up guy" I will lose it. They all are until they stiff you. Wish I had 10% of what I have gotten stiffed out of by stand up guys in my lifetime. Do you really believe none of us understand you shills have an agenda? When folks like "Ghost" pipe in to these threads and bash people who ask questions it is foolish. When I talk to a book just like Buckeye they are usually the first to admit heck yeah I understand why you have questions. They know they made mistakes here, even they wish they would not have leased out part of their office now. Probably wouldn't have answered WP's phones either. However making a mistake is a big difference than being a stiff joint, I do not believe Buckeyes Sport is in financial danger in any way. Looking back I may have jumped the gun myself, I have no problems admitting it. In my defense I was trying to help. I will be right here trying to do all I can to protect players in the future, no matter who disagrees with me. I will try and not overreact in the future.....

TOP - stands for the The Off-Shore Players club. This is a very small group that does not take any advertising nor does it want any new members though we will add you to an e-mail list if you want. The forum is private though. Anyway it took me telling people incorrectly about a book that took their money one time to want to do something about it. While still growing and learning as we go we hope one day to be in a position to help out other unconnected players like myself. ALL FOR FREE!! It operates out of our own pockets without any ad dollars. The cards are against us as players but more and more we are hearing from honest books, players and sites that want to help us. We ALL have an agenda to some degree. The sites to procure ad money. The books to sign up new accounts and make money. The players to make money and/or have some fun. Does not mean we have to be ugly to one another or be unreasonable. In this circumstance again with Wagers Paradise the players are left holding the bag. All we want is a little help in identifying potential trouble down the road, it's clear the sites will bring anyone on board that can write checks. Forgive me but when a watchdog site or a so called stand up guy has never once warned me of a book going broke it is hard to believe them when they speak highly of one. You want credibility speak out about both sides. If you sit quiety while stiff joints beat players out of their money don't expect us to believe anything else you say either. Anyway sorry if I was rambling. If anyone ever wants to help or ask any questions please e-mail me, thanks for listening. Love to hear any comments...

[This message was edited by Patrick McIrish on 03-22-03 at 09:26 PM.]

Patrick,

For you to suggest I don't care hurts a lot and is so untrue...

THE SHRINK

Actually Ken I shouldn't charcterize you that way as I can't say that, however you did not want to even hear me out on my TOP idea. This was even after NAB just had went down. I thought everyone would be as upset as I was. Think you told me "if you want to talk call me before 11PM or forget it". Angelle was the one trying to help the most!!
icon_frown.gif

Anyway I can't say for sure you don't care, shouldn't have put it that way, it's frustration speaking here. Probably should have left it that you have taken no action in regards to protecting the readers here. At least no stepped up efforts I am aware of. What would it have cost to hear me out back then? NOTHING.

Don't you see why that is aggravating for us?

--------------

TOP - The OffShore Players club

Patrick,

I did ask you to call me...

You never did...

If you still want my help, feel free to call me..

I offered it then, I am offering it again...

THE SHRINK

Ken, you were VERY cool to the idea. In fact we were having words, you said and I recall almost verbatim, call me before 11PM or forget about it. I didn't force your hand Ken. This wasn't for me, this was for everyone. I wasn't going to try and talk you into anything you were against from the outset. As I said then, hard for me to sleep after putting people in a bad book. Some it doesn't matter at all.

Was it 10PM or 11PM you said before you went to sleep.....?
icon_smile.gif

--------------

Pat-

I just looked across the street and I see your post (still) entitled " GET OUT OF WAGERSPARADISE.." Now you concede that Buckeye is solid.

I trust that you at least contacted Buckeye prior to coming public with allegations that they were stiffs. Or is this the very first time that you spoke to Buckeye man to man?

What research did you perform prior to posting libelous remarks about Buckeye?

Or should I say: What research did TOPS perform prior to making libelous remards about Buckeye? Was it 10 phone calls or ZERO?

Thanks in advance.

Tokens
Patrick,

Thanks for the post...I didn't mean to come accross so rude. I just felt you were jumping the gun and bashing Buckeye Sports unjustly. But all is good, now that you have had a chance to research this issue.

GL and I wish you the best with TOP.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Ghost:
Patrick,

Thanks for the post...I didn't mean to come accross so rude. I just felt you were jumping the gun and bashing Buckeye Sports unjustly. But all is good, now that you have had a chance to research this issue.

GL and I wish you the best with TOP.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ghost - no sweat man, I probably was sticking my nose in there too quickly looking back. I wanted to hear what was going on and should have been more calm from the outset. One thing I have admitted is I get real excited when it comes to players losing their money. It is a hopeless feeling and you just want to strangle someone out of total frustration.

Anyway appreciate the good words Ghost, I have heard from a couple guys who say you are a good guy in person. Someone who knows how to return a favor, I can respect that. I think both our intentions were honorable even if an argument could be made we didn't handle it perfectly. LOL. I am not one to hold a grudge in any case. Peace my friend.

BTW coming down to CR for a week in July, don't want to make too many enemies before hand.
icon_smile.gif

Tokens
Patrick,

It's good we're all on the same page. Maybe we'll have a brew!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick McIrish:
Wanted to start a new thread without the flaming so I can respond to several issues. The only thing I ask everyone to understand is that I am not here to hurt anyone, only trying to level the playing field. While I'm not perfect I easily put myself in other people's shoes. As a book I thought 90% of the players were scum. Hate to admit it now but it was true. I think I got to that point because it was the 2% of players that stiffed me, took repeated shots at me and did other things I won't post to here that got me fed up with them. Now I am one of "them". My point is things are not ever as one-sided or clear cut as they seem. I want to talk on several issues and see what folks have to say about them. I make no bones as of the last few years I am on the players side and take this stuff seriously when players get scammed out of money. We have nowhere to turn to when this happens. Here are some assorted thoughts:

_Buckeyes Sports_ - I called and talked to them and had a good conversation. As always I find that the book usually understands completely why there would be some questions. He wasn't upset or pissed off even though his book was spoken of here in a bad light, he understood. Only on the site do the folks who recieve ad dollars or some of the book people freak out. The guy was a very logical and reasonable man. Hell he would probably ask the same questions had he had any money that was sent to a 3rd world country. Not to bitch anyone out but when people pile on and offer up nothing but useless drivel it does little to help matters. Though I participated the other thread got out of hand.

Anyway after talking to Buckeye Sports it is my opinion this book is safe and has no affiliation with Wagers Paradise other than what was stated. For one thing I asked him a couple of questions I already knew the answer to just to see if he would lie, he didn't. Also I didn't get the feeling he was trying to sell me anything, in fact though he was friendly I got more of an attitude as this is the way it is. That is a good thing as most scamming joints come across like used car salesmen. Lastly and most importantly I am satisfied without any names being mentioned some of the original folks I knew about are still involved. Of course I am no expert but I believe this place made some questionable calls in the WP deal but is overall a safe place. I want to say I hate to hear about "don't you know who that is" routine as though that is final gospel. I told you long before I knew the background of the original people but when you are sitting in the USA not everybody can keep up with who is who. With splinter groups of this one and partners forming out of old partners etc....it is impossible for an unconnected person like me to stay on top of it. Some books sell off their credit or post up side and are out of business and with new owners before anyone of us know anything. Won't stop me from trying though. Watchdog sites like The Prescription have nothing to lose, it's the players that will lose their money if we don't do our homework. For that reason it is my opinion until things change you can not go by who advertises here. Which leads me to.....

_The Prescription_ - sorry but this place is going downhill Ken. It's one thing to have an agenda but you allow it to completely rule this place and the decisions you make. This place was against touts not long ago now you are trying desperately to sell yourself out in a joint partnership with them. Or we heard nothing about Royal the whole time they were here yet days after they didn't extend their ad dollars Peep hears stuff in e-mails that he posts about? I mean only a day or two after? Other stuff too. Peep as the main man here insists you are not a watchdog site while you insist you are. What the hell are us posters suppossed to think? Not to mention potential advertisers? What's even worse is you do all you can to stifle the free flow of information. I knew when I wanted answers on Buckeye Ken would be by to tell me I was wrong. They never know their own books are going down until it is too late but always enough to put posters down who ask about books like I did. Kind of strange. Ken rushes in to tell me that he wants me to apologize if I'm wrong but how many books have gone belly up while advertising here? I don't get the feeling Ken cares to much to be perfectly frank, I must not be here when he apologizes. The first time it happened here I begged Ken to help me start the _TOP_ (The Off Shore Players club). I told him it does not automatically mean a drop off in ad dollars, just that we would work to put a system in place to check these places out more closely. Hell in fact if done correctly it could have fueled this place like nothing before. The only one on the staff who tried to help me or took it seriously was Angelle!! There is a reason top notch books like Olympic are not here IMO and won't ever be here if things don't change. Instead I had to go off on my own and start _TOP_ and the posters here are left getting stiffed again with Wagers Paradise. All the while the posters here are having Peep prop books like Pro 5 and Yahoops to the readers? Yes Ken looks like I may be wrong about Buckeye Sports but if you did your job on Wagers Paradise it wouldn't have come to this. I feel if I don't ask any questions no one else would, for that I am happy I did......

_Wagers Paradise_ - this means little to anyone who is owed but hearing Buckeye sports talk makes me believe the guy just ran into bad luck. He had an investor and things went sour. This was basically a one man shop operating out of the back of Buckeye sports building. The real fault? The Prescription. Now that I am digging it is incredible that this place passed them off as a viable out for us players or allowed them to sponsor a contest. Anyway no need to beat a dead horse, nothing will change. I will be struggling to help the guys over at TOP find out all we can about the safety of our money while sites like this will be recieving advertising money and asking ZERO questions. They have nothing to lose, only the players do. Anyway for what it's worth, I'm not convinced this guy running WP was a scammer as much as a fellow who ran into bad luck. In fact I am told he went to his own pocket to pay some winners in a contest. However all of this means little to anyone who got stiffed, whatever the reason.

_BOOK SHILLS_ - you guys make things worse, not better. You want to help the players than e-mail pertinent stuff about folks opening up in CR, especially one's that you see advertising at these places. Anyone can sit on the sidelines and take shots at others tryng to help. If I hear once more so and so is a "stand up guy" I will lose it. They all are until they stiff you. Wish I had 10% of what I have gotten stiffed out of by stand up guys in my lifetime. Do you really believe none of us understand you shills have an agenda? When folks like "Ghost" pipe in to these threads and bash people who ask questions it is foolish. When I talk to a book just like Buckeye they are usually the first to admit heck yeah I understand why you have questions. They know they made mistakes here, even they wish they would not have leased out part of their office now. Probably wouldn't have answered WP's phones either. However making a mistake is a big difference than being a stiff joint, I do not believe Buckeyes Sport is in financial danger in any way. Looking back I may have jumped the gun myself, I have no problems admitting it. In my defense I was trying to help. I will be right here trying to do all I can to protect players in the future, no matter who disagrees with me. I will try and not overreact in the future.....

_TOP_ - stands for the The Off-Shore Players club. This is a very small group that does not take any advertising nor does it want any new members though we will add you to an e-mail list if you want. The forum is private though. Anyway it took me telling people incorrectly about a book that took their money one time to want to do something about it. While still growing and learning as we go we hope one day to be in a position to help out other unconnected players like myself. ALL FOR FREE!! It operates out of our own pockets without any ad dollars. The cards are against us as players but more and more we are hearing from honest books, players and sites that want to help us. We ALL have an agenda to some degree. The sites to procure ad money. The books to sign up new accounts and make money. The players to make money and/or have some fun. Does not mean we have to be ugly to one another or be unreasonable. In this circumstance again with Wagers Paradise the players are left holding the bag. All we want is a little help in identifying potential trouble down the road, it's clear the sites will bring anyone on board that can write checks. Forgive me but when a watchdog site or a so called stand up guy has never once warned me of a book going broke it is hard to believe them when they speak highly of one. You want credibility speak out about both sides. If you sit quiety while stiff joints beat players out of their money don't expect us to believe anything else you say either. Anyway sorry if I was rambling. If anyone ever wants to help or ask any questions please e-mail me, thanks for listening. Love to hear any comments...

[This message was edited by Patrick McIrish on 03-22-03 at 09:26 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pat-

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you intend to say:

"TOP falsely accused Buckeye and I am sorry, there is NO excuse for this. In retrospect, TOP should have at least made a telephone call to Buckeye to hear their side of the story. We at TOP are a novice watchdog organization, committed to finding the truth, but we have yet to learn the importance of gathering both sides of the story prior to making public, false accusations. I will set the record straight and edit any libelous posts that I have made. I assure you that my flaming of Peep, Ken and The Rx has nothing to do with my affiliation with TOP."

GOOD POINT HAM.. IM TIRED OF THIS CRAP TOO......JUST HIT THE ROAD IF YOU DONT LIKE IT HERE......GEESH
icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Ghost:
Patrick,

It's good we're all on the same page. Maybe we'll have a brew!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely, I'd love to meet some of the local book people.

Ham - exactly sir, thank you!!

icon_smile.gif

Pat-

You can be facetious if u like, but I would like to confirm that TOP did not even make a phone call to Buckeye before concluding and publicly announcing that they were stiffs.

That just doesn't seem fair, IMO.

Not only that, but TOP refuses to set the record straight, even after it admits that it is dead wrong.

I have no preconceptions about TOP, I have no agenda, and I definitely think that it would be great to have a watchdog site that is unmotivated by advertising dollars. However, I do not believe that TOP or any watchdog site can find the truth in the absence of gathering both sides of the story.

We always see The Rx gathering both sides of the story, especially and particularly when the issue involves an advertised sportsbook. I saw this first hand with my Hollywood dispute, and by golly everything turned out positive--a complete success for me, Hollywood, and The Rx.

Just my advice, and you know that I am your friend I hope: When an apology is due, make it plain and simple, and don't guise it with a host of unrelated criticism as you did above.

Once again, I am your friend. Peace

Tokens
Keep up the good work, Pat Mac, but you're fighting City Hall here.

James,

No one is fighting city hall here as we allow EVERYONE to voice his or her opinion...

However,

For Patrick to cry FIRE and insist that BUCKEYE SPORTS should be avoided because they are scam artists, etc, before calling them and checking out the facts is totally IRRESPONSIBLE...

And just because Patrick comes on here AFTER calling them, while doing a 180-degree turnaround, doesn't excuse his initial screw up involving this fine book...

Just as gamblers need to be saved from unscrupulous operators, the good bookmakers in this biz also need to be protected from LIBEL...

THE SHRINK

Tokens
Pat,
You better get use to this buddy. It goes with the territory. Just hang in there and know that no one will say anything on the good calls but you'll make life long enemies on the calls that are off even a little.

Just remember the worse thing you can do is not make a call because your worried about the critics.

James/Buzz - thanks men. This sticking up for the players does not make anyone very popular here now does it. I've suddenly got deep enemies I didn't even know about, LOL. Don't blame them though they have no choice but to be against me. If taking up for the players was easy there'd be people doing it now. As long as I can I will do as much as I can.

In whole this was a positive experience for me. I'd rather err on the side of caution rather than expose the posters money needlessly. Had a nice talk with Buckeye and learned some stuff along the way. I won't do everything perfectly but I will do what I can. Thanks for the encouragement guys.....

icon_smile.gif

--------------

Pat..
I would hate to see you leave as I think you have a lot to offer the site. With that said. I hate to see you attack (for lack of a better word) this site and its owner.

I think that everyone does the best they can baby. And I also think you know that I am a honest person and will speak my mind. With that also said, I think you are wrong about The Shrink's character he does his best and is always ready to listen to what people (both gamblers and books) have to say. AND in FACT I know Ken cares, and he often apologizes when he is wrong. I respected your opinion after our conversation and I think you know that I was willing to do the best I could to help you out. But I also advised you to call Ken, which you never did. IT is often hard to help when there is a lack of communication.

You also mentioned that the Rx is going down hill. I feel as if that satment might be a little bit biased. Are you takening one incident and using that as an example to attck the whole good of the site. I believe that there is a general effort to improve the site, and I also believe that is showing. I think you often forget to look at the good that this site does. I is apparent that it is more simple to pick out the negitive issues, but why not take a look at some of the good. I think if you talk to most posters they feel that the site offers them alot whatever that may be. (I don't feel to list all of them; however, if you wish I shall)

You mention The Shrink is trying to sell out to touts. The truth of the matter Ken isn't even dealing with the touts. He is not concerned with it in the least. He has people looking into it, but it would be nothing like a partnership.

As far as wagers paradise is concerned Pat, I was often in direct contact with them for the contest etc. I trusted them as well , so I guess I am just as much to blame.

In summary, I know Ken as well as anyone else in here and I trust him and know he does his very best. I have often gone to him with my problems and he has helped get it resloved. Also, when I was working at the Dunes Ken was often doing his very best to get posters paid. He hs often paid gmablers out of his own pocket after getting stiffed, but he would enver announce that. I have witnessed him worrying and going on for hours about the site and the gamblers so he does care Pat.

thanks!!

P.S my hand hurts from typing this much.. how the hell do you type such long posts all the time...

(please excuse typos)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trgrestaurantconsulting
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com