49ers QB Brock Purdy has torn UCL in right elbow.And is expected to be out for at least six months.

Search

Tokens
I daily do fantasy hockey and do rather well. Have probably watched 4-5 full hockey games in my life.

But i can figure out numbers. All sports is---numbers.

Not feel, not even talent(when it comes to coaching). Just playing the numbers correctly and making the fewest mathematical mistakes as humanly possible.

Coaching is where you still have the largest cap in sports to take advantage off---they still make such large -ev calls especially in football.

Tokens
Stetson screams NE QB like no other ever

I 100% agree with Colts tradings back but I’m telling ya they treat these picks like gold and asl too much. While also thinking every year a QB is there

Going to 9 is hard also. No guarantees Carolina want move up. Plus they have no draft capital because of all the previous dumb moves.

Levi is the only possible great QB in draft. But system dependent.
Bellichick has become a Bob Knight. He refuses to adapt to the way the game is now. Just like Bob Knight.

I am skeptical on any qb when the biggest issue with them is " accuracy" That is the #1 trait of any successful qb. It isn't height, weight, or arm strength. It is accuracy. Sure Josh Allen's " came around" but that is about 1 pout of 10 chance that happens. Once an adult, it is just hard to change mechanics you have used your entire life. It's like telling Lamar Jackson not to run. He has done that his entire life. It's just programmed in you.

Wouldn't be surprsied to see a John McDaniels reach for Stetson Bennett in like the 3rd round. A qb he can mold like he tried with Tebow. Someone with great intangibles but lacks the elite talent

Tokens
Bellichick has become a Bob Knight. He refuses to adapt to the way the game is now. Just like Bob Knight.

I am skeptical on any qb when the biggest issue with them is " accuracy" That is the #1 trait of any successful qb. It isn't height, weight, or arm strength. It is accuracy. Sure Josh Allen's " came around" but that is about 1 pout of 10 chance that happens. Once an adult, it is just hard to change mechanics you have used your entire life. It's like telling Lamar Jackson not to run. He has done that his entire life. It's just programmed in you.
Being able to go through progression might be number 1. But basically talking 1A, 1B.

That is why even an elite QB can't overcome a bad OL. Even if i am outstanding at progression I don't have the time anyways. So even a great QB has to be what a shit QB does and lock in and throw to option 1 everytime.

Tokens
Doubt he gets taken out on a stretcher... No one gets or has had the protection he gets from the refs.. You just can't hit the guy , flag gets thrown for even the slightest hit. End of Falcons game this year , was about as bad as it gets.
Has nothing to do with refs protecting him that’s absurd. League change rules to protect all the players now n days. Refs are cops and are encourage to toss flags by the boss man.

Brady and Manning step up in the pocket as good as any did. Teams have been reluctant to Blitz A gap on them the weakness of their game. Brady has such a quick release also. Knows how to fold up take a sack. He creates and holds pockets as good as anyone. It’s why he rarely if ever gets sacked. Probably the least sacked QB past 3 years.

I hate the guy but respect the game. He stays in great shape. Practice hard and often. The refs protect him is silly

Yes, we all know the falcons game call. But you know why that call went down? Just like NBA you see it in NFL. Makeup calls. NFL does it a lot on big plays or potential plays and the next play a team gets a flag to try n even it out. Refs see replays. It’s a fast game and it’s just oh shit type stuff refs say ehhh should let it slide. The play before Brady flag Scottie was mugged and face guarded and rode out of bounds on a pass on the money to the 10. Very next playbwas just a makeup call to try n balance a bad blatant missed no call previous play

League wants to protect QB. I’ve said it for years. A team wants to protect a QB then run the ball. Nothing states a team is required to pass. If the touch a QB flag is going to be deployed then make a rule no QB can scramble also. Play is dead type call. Remove the face mask if you want players safety and targeting gone. Proper tackling etc. It’s BS rules in a physical grown man sport but Refs have nothing to do with Brady not getting hurt yet all these other QBs do

Nirvana Shill
Tokens
Has nothing to do with refs protecting him that’s absurd. League change rules to protect all the players now n days. Refs are cops and are encourage to toss flags by the boss man.

Brady and Manning step up in the pocket as good as any did. Teams have been reluctant to Blitz A gap on them the weakness of their game. Brady has such a quick release also. Knows how to fold up take a sack. He creates and holds pockets as good as anyone. It’s why he rarely if ever gets sacked. Probably the least sacked QB past 3 years.

I hate the guy but respect the game. He stays in great shape. Practice hard and often. The refs protect him is silly

Yes, we all know the falcons game call. But you know why that call went down? Just like NBA you see it in NFL. Makeup calls. NFL does it a lot on big plays or potential plays and the next play a team gets a flag to try n even it out. Refs see replays. It’s a fast game and it’s just oh shit type stuff refs say ehhh should let it slide. The play before Brady flag Scottie was mugged and face guarded and rode out of bounds on a pass on the money to the 10. Very next playbwas just a makeup call to try n balance a bad blatant missed no call previous play

League wants to protect QB. I’ve said it for years. A team wants to protect a QB then run the ball. Nothing states a team is required to pass. If the touch a QB flag is going to be deployed then make a rule no QB can scramble also. Play is dead type call. Remove the face mask if you want players safety and targeting gone. Proper tackling etc. It’s BS rules in a physical grown man sport but Refs have nothing to do with Brady not getting hurt yet all these other QBs do
You make alot of great points , but he's still protected...Seen it happen way too many times.. The problem is, alot of defensive players feel that way also..A couple of those Raven / Pats playoff games were decided by that bullshit. Viewing these games over the years has me convinced of my convictions.. Everyone doesn't have to agree, but that's fine also.

Tokens

Wouldn't be surprsied to see a John McDaniels reach for Stetson Bennett in like the 3rd round. A qb he can mold like he tried with Tebow. Someone with great intangibles but lacks the elite talent
Bill actually adapts well. He sets trends in many ways. Years ago he founded the new TE system in ways. Then not too many years ago he bailed on WR play for more run heavy play. Which is where the game is now. It’s almost 1980’s again. Teams protecting bad QBs or lack of skill players or bad defense with less turnovers probability and easier system with more run heavy style. Falcons Bears Giants Jets Patriots leaned on this a lot this year

I hate the Levi to Allen comps. I think ppl just see big white kid big arm oh josh Allen. Just like they comp any white wr to Edelman Walker Kupp etc. Or black QB to black QB. Levi doesn’t play in the best system to showcase his talent. He spins the ball in sick ways. Followed Levi out of HS. With any player any position it comes down to what’s around them really. So projection of them next level can be hard if not factored in.

100% agree on accuracy. Give me accuracy and the ability to process information over anything else. As fast as the game gets nothing will be faster than the football. No matter how strong the arm is a QB who is accurate and can get the pass off quicker is faster than the biggest arm. Players may Run 4.1 40’s but a football can run a 1.2 40. The football can and will forever out run the fastest defense.

I’m a big Draft guy. And nothing more picky than QB. It’s rare I have more than 3 draftable QBs each year. Few rules for me is no left handed QB. They create a different spin. Ask any WR it’s harder to catch. Plus they flip the offense. Ohio st QB no matter who is a pass for me. It’s automatic no draft. Alabama is about the same. QB and OL for Bama is no Draft. Just like looking for defensive players the big12 I may only have 4-5 draft worthy guys. Think back the past 25 years the amount of quality guys on D in the NFL from big 12.

Are you colts fan and if So what moves you like to see from the colts?

Tokens
You make alot of great points , but he's still protected...Seen it happen way too many times.. The problem is, alot of defensive players feel that way also..A couple of those Raven / Pats playoff games were decided by that bullshit. Viewing these games over the years has me convinced of my convictions.. Everyone doesn't have to agree, but that's fine also.

Doesn't check out

He's just the most polarizing so you remember it more when it does happen

Nirvana Shill
Tokens

Doesn't check out

He's just the most polarizing so you remember it more when it does happen
Might not check out , if its just stats you're basing all of this on. We can interpret stats in different ways.

. You're right though , I do remember when it does happen, especially the game changing bad calls.

Tokens
Being able to go through progression might be number 1. But basically talking 1A, 1B.

That is why even an elite QB can't overcome a bad OL. Even if i am outstanding at progression I don't have the time anyways. So even a great QB has to be what a shit QB does and lock in and throw to option 1 everytime.
Thats why the colts should trade back to get a LT... If they nailed that pick, the O line would be fixed fast... Good center, great LG, and great LT.... Have an above average #1 WR and hopefully Pierce comes along as good #2 as he was a rookie last year.... Get the pieces and when Luck strikes, nail the QB but this shapes up as a bad qb draft at the top. The media hypes it up as all of the top prospects aside from Levis are black.

Try to trade Johnathan Taylor if possible but sure as hell don't pay him. He will probably be seeking big $$. This is the best defense the Colts have had in a very long time and it's not great. Shows how great Manning was. Teams need to focus on just drafting a great front 4. If you can routinely get pressure on a qb with 4, so much you can do with the back 7 even if they aren't elitely talented.

Tokens
Give me accuracy and the ability to process information over anything else. As fast as the game gets nothing will be faster than the football.
Keep buying Burrow stock then

He reallly improved in reading defenses element this year. Gets ball out so quick, which is must with offensive line

And he is incredibly accurate. Mechanics probably the best since prime Brady.

Burrow has the highest completion % in NFL history, just ahead of Brees

Tokens
There were no roughing the passer calls in either of NE wins over ravens, shrug

I believe you are referring to a 2009 ravens reg season game where he got a few calls

Tokens

He reallly improved in reading defenses element this year. Gets ball out so quick, which is must with offensive line

Joe brrr is gangsta

Any dude that throws blows with Patrick Queen in practice is savage

Any dude who after a game sits in his pads smoking cigar playing chess against himself after a game is savage

Tokens

I didn’t expect Joe to be as good as he is already

I can precisely remember my big board that year and where I ranked him. Had Herbert 12th Joe Brr 13th. Tua never made my big board. Which is usually only 65-75 draftable players.

Joe brr is savage. Must be the baby face as to why he catches hate idk.

Tokens
Bill actually adapts well. He sets trends in many ways. Years ago he founded the new TE system in ways. Then not too many years ago he bailed on WR play for more run heavy play. Which is where the game is now. It’s almost 1980’s again. Teams protecting bad QBs or lack of skill players or bad defense with less turnovers probability and easier system with more run heavy style. Falcons Bears Giants Jets Patriots leaned on this a lot this year

I hate the Levi to Allen comps. I think ppl just see big white kid big arm oh josh Allen. Just like they comp any white wr to Edelman Walker Kupp etc. Or black QB to black QB. Levi doesn’t play in the best system to showcase his talent. He spins the ball in sick ways. Followed Levi out of HS. With any player any position it comes down to what’s around them really. So projection of them next level can be hard if not factored in.

100% agree on accuracy. Give me accuracy and the ability to process information over anything else. As fast as the game gets nothing will be faster than the football. No matter how strong the arm is a QB who is accurate and can get the pass off quicker is faster than the biggest arm. Players may Run 4.1 40’s but a football can run a 1.2 40. The football can and will forever out run the fastest defense.

I’m a big Draft guy. And nothing more picky than QB. It’s rare I have more than 3 draftable QBs each year. Few rules for me is no left handed QB. They create a different spin. Ask any WR it’s harder to catch. Plus they flip the offense. Ohio st QB no matter who is a pass for me. It’s automatic no draft. Alabama is about the same. QB and OL for Bama is no Draft. Just like looking for defensive players the big12 I may only have 4-5 draft worthy guys. Think back the past 25 years the amount of quality guys on D in the NFL from big 12.

Are you colts fan and if So what moves you like to see from the colts?
Just saw this but I think I gave my take in a different response. Agree with most of what you said. In terms of Bellichick and adapting, that 2 TE thing was like 10 years ago, maybe more. But he has never been able to nail a wr draft pick aside from like a 7th rounder in Edelman which at that point, you are just guessing.

I am just not a fan these days of defensive head coaches. Teams that have the most success are offensive guys. I think the final 4 were all offensicv head coaches. Josh Allen took a step back this year. His offensive coordiantor went to the Giants and what a coincidence, Daniel Jones has his best year.

Nirvana Shill
Tokens
There were no roughing the passer calls in either of NE wins over ravens, shrug

I believe you are referring to a 2009 ravens reg season game where he got a few calls
Thought it was roughing the qb...Guess I was mistaken for some other game changing bad calls in those playoff games.. Bogus PI or something.. Or maybe a bad non call

Tokens
Just saw this but I think I gave my take in a different response. Agree with most of what you said. In terms of Bellichick and adapting, that 2 TE thing was like 10 years ago, maybe more. But he has never been able to nail a wr draft pick aside from like a 7th rounder in Edelman which at that point, you are just guessing.

I am just not a fan these days of defensive head coaches. Teams that have the most success are offensive guys. I think the final 4 were all offensicv head coaches. Josh Allen took a step back this year. His offensive coordiantor went to the Giants and what a coincidence, Daniel Jones has his best year.
Lil bill and drafting is another topic of adaptation imo lol

Garbage working the draft. Granted they never have high picks they do obtain capital. But his picks are trash

He is great at getting former picks off teams and getting the best out of them

I forget the draft but it was years ago they were loaded back to back years. Multiple 1st rd picks and just butchered it. Chad Jackson and Merriweather days.

They do well on late 5th-6th rd gems but probably because they have like 10-12 picks each year in those rounds. Always trade down

Tokens
Thought it was roughing the qb...Guess I was mistaken for some other game changing bad calls in those playoff games.. Bogus PI or something.. Or maybe a bad non call
Playoffs? Bad call? Bogus? Game changing? That’s about every playoff game since 2003 lol

I can recall a BS petty one on Brady in KC 5-6 years ago. They were down and got bailed out super late because a hand hit I mean brushed his face mask. Game had few other questionable calls that NE won

Tokens
Lil bill and drafting is another topic of adaptation imo lol

Garbage working the draft. Granted they never have high picks they do obtain capital. But his picks are trash

He is great at getting former picks off teams and getting the best out of them

I forget the draft but it was years ago they were loaded back to back years. Multiple 1st rd picks and just butchered it. Chad Jackson and Merriweather days.

They do well on late 5th-6th rd gems but probably because they have like 10-12 picks each year in those rounds. Always trade down
Bill is smart about it in some ways. When they were good and always picking in the 20's he would trade back and get 2nd rounders because he didn't have to pay them 1st round pick $ that was guaranteed and still getting the same value player. Not a huge difference in talent pick 25 to pick 35 but save about 4 million in cap space.

Tokens
I didn’t expect Joe to be as good as he is already

I can precisely remember my big board that year and where I ranked him. Had Herbert 12th Joe Brr 13th. Tua never made my big board. Which is usually only 65-75 draftable players.

Joe brr is savage. Must be the baby face as to why he catches hate idk.
I didn't think he would be this good. I thought good qb but not great... Of course, we only saw the guy for 1 year. Looking back, how stacked was 2019 LSU. This is a school that always had talent but never got the qb right. It was hard to judge Burrow at LSU because so often those receivers were running wide open. Receivers aren't 5 yards open in the NFL.

Also says alot about Urban Meyer and Ohio State. Their qb's translate horribly to the NFL because he doesn't run an NFL offense. Burrow fit in bad there but Haskins and Barrett fit great,. Geeze.

Tokens
I didn't think he would be this good. I thought good qb but not great... Of course, we only saw the guy for 1 year. Looking back, how stacked was 2019 LSU. This is a school that always had talent but never got the qb right. It was hard to judge Burrow at LSU because so often those receivers were running wide open. Receivers aren't 5 yards open in the NFL.

Also says alot about Urban Meyer and Ohio State. Their qb's translate horribly to the NFL because he doesn't run an NFL offense. Burrow fit in bad there but Haskins and Barrett fit great,. Geeze.
Back to what I said earlier post with any QB from Ohio State is a no draft for me. Going back 20 years urban or not. Call me stupid but it’s automatic no draft just because of that. Ohio st is no go for QB. OL also lol. A funny argument can be made about reverse racism and privilege with Ohio st and the desire to always lean in favor of a black QB. A lot of guys not just joe have left osu and done well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hhill
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com