Who likes Golf nowdays? LOL

Search

Tokens
on the commenting front, LIV has locked Feherty . Gary McCord is ready to sign , always liked him .....but...Charles?

cmon...turn this shit into a circus?

“I told [Norman], ‘Listen, they are making up words like ‘blood money’ and ‘sports washing,’” Barkley told the newspaper. “We have all taken ‘blood money’ and we all have ‘sports washed’ something so I don’t like those words, to be honest with you.

“If you are in pro sports, you are taking some type of money from not a great cause,” he continued.

Tokens
The 54 Golf Tour has done a pretty good job recruiting so far but Charles Barkley as a commentator? I like Charles and think he is very entertaining but he knows nothing about golf. Circus might be the right word.

Tokens
agreed, dont get that at all. This is professional golf not some celebrity charity event. The fact that Charles thinks he belongs is kinda telling, no?

Greg Norman;

Q: What is your anticipation about the energy level this week playing in the New York market?

A: Look, this was a market we were going to focus on immediately, because the PGA Tour wasn’t focused on it. They’re not playing in New York, New Jersey, Boston, Chicago, which is insane. So, we wanted to make sure that we brought our product to this market, and New York City is obviously the home of the CEOs and the institutional money. So, it was logical that we get here sooner than later.

Q: Are you surprised by how many top players, such as Bryson DeChambeau, Brooks Koepka and Dustin Johnson, have signed on already?

A: The answer is no, because the number of conversations I’ve had with all the top players and their understanding of my mindset from three different categories — a player’s category, a brand-building category and from a CEO’s category. From a player’s category, they knew I had their back. For 45 years, I went through every piece of crap these players are going through, because there was only one institution in the game (the PGA Tour) and it was so unfair on us, on the players. So, I’m like a dog with a bone from a player’s perspective.

Q: What is your reaction to the criticism that has come about taking money from Saudi Arabia, which has such poor human rights records and policy?

A: We are not a political organization. We are here to play golf, serve fans, grow the game, and give additional opportunities to players. I also have seen first-hand the good that golf can do around the world, and Saudi Arabia is no different.

Q: Since the start, you’ve insisted the mission has not been about taking the PGA Tour down, but wanting to work with them. Do you still see a coexistence between LIV Golf and the PGA Tour with compromise on both sides?

A: One hundred percent. We have no intention to try to destroy the PGA Tour. Every step of the way we’ve built our model to work within the ecosystem and give everybody the opportunity to work within that ecosystem. It’s pro golf. There’s such a simple solution, it’s ridiculous. I can’t talk about it, because it’s a process we’ve gone through with our legal team knowing everything that’s in the rules and regulations. But it’s not a hard fix, it’s really not. And the longer they do it (suspend players), the less we’re worried about it because we have more people coming in and wanting to invest.

(LOL, i dont buy it Greg. He signed a has been Stenson, the Euro Ryder Cup Captain--- that dude cuoldnt make a cut on The Korn Ferry Tour. Signed him cause wanted to flex his muscles , show the fragility of even the 'sacred' Ryder Cup. Astonishing to me that this dude can lie so easily)

Q: Regarding Monahan, are you still as willing now as you were then to work with the PGA Tour?

A: If he wants to come and sit down right here right now, I’d sit down with him and say, “OK Jay, what’s your problem? What are your issues?”

(more LOL)

Q: Is there a part of you that’s surprised that Monahan and the PGA Tour didn’t take LIV Golf more seriously?

A: You’ve got to remember, I’ve got their playbook from ’94-95 (when Norman tried to start a world tour). They’ve almost played it back to the T. It’s almost identical. It’s almost a mirror, step-by-step — even to a comment they made about the DOJ (Department of Justice, which announced recently it’s investigating the PGA Tour for its suspension of players who are playing in LIV events), saying, “We’ve done this before and we’re confident we can do it again.” It’s a totally different world today than it was back then. And, oh, by the way, there’s one person who’s been in the middle of it twice now and knows the playbook, and that’s me. What they did in ’94 (thwart Norman in starting a world tour), they think they can do again. We’ll see how it plays out.

Q: What do you make of the perception that because you tried to start that world tour in the ’90s, fighting Deane Beaman and Tim Finchem, this is a continuation of vendetta?

A: Look, that’s a very easy, shallow comment to make. It’s an easy out. This whole notion about me and Finchem, Beaman and Monahan, is it true? Yeah, to a degree it is true, because I did challenge them on player rights.

Q: What drives you most about your involvement in LIV Golf?

A: Maybe my legacy is this, not what I did on the golf course. What I did on the golf course gave me the opportunity to see this chance and allowed me to do this.

Q: Everyone is waiting for Augusta National to weigh in, yet their top man, Fred Ridley, has been silent.

A: I spoke to Fred Ridley. They’ve weighed in pretty hard against (LIV). The majors should stay Switzerland, they have a responsibility for one event, not a league. But it also tells you is there a cabal there? This is the slippery slope you go down about what LIV is starting to expose.

Greg has waited yrs for this. Kinda cool to have a blank cheque , fully backed with coin the PGA Tour cannot compete with. Can he make this entertaining, and have people wanting to watch?

Tokens
The 54 Tour paid Phil Mickelson $200M to play. In 3 events Phil is +26 combined finishing near the bottom in all 3 events. But it’s not about money.

Tokens
$200 mill for a mascot, not a bad gig . U think he's thankful for Norman?

Was a no brainer for Phil . Repeatedly embarrassing himself at these events may take its toll, lol

fuckin' Stenson won!! hahahaha that dude struggles to make a cut on The PGA tour,

Stenson - PGA Tour winnings
2021-22 - $184,000
2020-21 - $245,000
2019-20 - $155,000
2018-19 - $1,390,000

his winning purse this past weekend (three rounds only , small field, shotgun starts lol , no cut)? .......... just over $4,000,000

did he make the right call?

Tokens
Stenson’s first win in 5 years. Another over the hill guy who made the move. It’s the right move for any golfer who just wants to make money.

But if Norman can’t make deals with World Golf rankings, Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup, Masters, etc., these guys will just be playing for money and lose any chance in the future to play in many prestigious golf events I would think. Will be interesting going forward.

Tokens
YUP!!!!!! only way to legitimize this is World Golf ranking points, Ryder Cup,/Presidents Cup, can play in the majors. Norman aint no fool, he'll go all out--lawyer up!! But the field is tiny, no cut ... an overblown exhibition. Points cant be comparable to a 72 hole event with a cut.

and if its a no?? well.....here is what they had at Bedminster

1659492562406.png
:lmao:

tickets for $5, $3 beer and hotdogs for $2

“The reason why I’m so high on LIV Golf is it addresses the two areas that for the 30 years I’ve played the Tour, they have tried and struggled,” Phil told reporters earlier this week.

“Second, when I think a streaming partner comes about, I think it’s going to revolutionize the way golf is viewed, because you’ll have no commercials and you’ll have shot after shot after shot,” he continued. “It will capture that younger generation’s attention span. We’ll open up a lot of opportunities to get the younger generation, which again, for 30 years we’ve tried to do and it’s gone the other way.”

LMAO

Tokens
YUP!!!!!! only way to legitimize this is World Golf ranking points, Ryder Cup,/Presidents Cup, can play in the majors. Norman aint no fool, he'll go all out--lawyer up!! But the field is tiny, no cut ... an overblown exhibition. Points cant be comparable to a 72 hole event with a cut.

and if its a no?? well.....here is what they had at Bedminster

View attachment 40479:lmao:

tickets for $5, $3 beer and hotdogs for $2

“The reason why I’m so high on LIV Golf is it addresses the two areas that for the 30 years I’ve played the Tour, they have tried and struggled,” Phil told reporters earlier this week.

“Second, when I think a streaming partner comes about, I think it’s going to revolutionize the way golf is viewed, because you’ll have no commercials and you’ll have shot after shot after shot,” he continued. “It will capture that younger generation’s attention span. We’ll open up a lot of opportunities to get the younger generation, which again, for 30 years we’ve tried to do and it’s gone the other way.”

LMAO
PGA is trash! Old Rich White Money Cult. Want to sell insurance, Buick’s, michelob ultra, Rolex and Hedge fund. A money laundering racket using their charity involvement. Just passing untaxed dollars back and forth to their good ole buddies.

$5 tickets and $3 beers sounds good. You can get free tickets to about any pga event. Many you can just walk into for free nobody checks that shit. Too bad all the fake media outlets have no balls to pick up coverage. PGA needs to put Colt and Amanda on the course more with their coverage. Best golf talk around especially when they bring in players and cover the action.

But nope pga want to show the same 5-6 players every round all day. You see zero coverage of the field. You get to watch JT analyzing a bogey putt for 3 minutes.

The coverage on LIV is great. You see all the shots. The 3 round stuff is different and no cut is cool. Lots of cool cuts and players interaction bits also. Westwood and Stenson riding to the course Sunday chatting it up if he wins celebration gives a face and personality to the golfers and a side you never see on pga bs.

The pga has trash fields with way too many hacks in it every week. Dirt McGirt, why is he playing? May as well put Ollie Schneiderjan back in the field. Ricky Barnes Brian Gay lmfao at these hacks wasting spots and just overloading pointless extra golfers. Finau mopped the field past two weeks. 3-4 studs in the field and a few decent not too bad guys and a bunch of hacks. Finau wins 3m and RM. cantlay young Im right behind. Finau Im 1-2 at 3m beating piercy who can’t make cuts at anything decent. PGA best of the best each week my ass.

PGA needs to shrink fields, show more coverage of all golfers, eliminate the card security BS, amp up prize pools and cut the roots of their old white money traditional way of doing things.

Look how many guys get a win then just drop off. Or get on lil heater then pick and choose what they play. I like my guy Sea Bass Munoz. But this year he skips decent tournaments playing with the big boys instead. Guy needs to be at heritage 3m RM valspar etc type events also.

PGA needs to let LIV do its thing. LIV needs stay in its lane and not try and be a legit huge tour. It’s nice seeing different courses which is what LIV can offer. More personal insight behind the ropes also. If PGA really wants the game to grow the LIV concept is the way. All this suit and tie gentlemen game BS from 1908 gots to go. You want kids watching quick, colorful, personable, high drama excitement and huge pay day events. Need more John Daly guys who tell the tour blow me.

If LIV was on espn Sunday and Wyndham on cbs, the tune of nobody cares about LIV would flip. Eyes would definitely be on both. Put LIV on tv next week CBS and watch how big the crowds become. That’s an influence in attendance also

Where is poster boy JT? Rory?? Funny they never show up to any of these crap hyped up events. They trickle in to one here and there each year. PGA should pump the Deere 3m RM Heritage Valspar Valero Wyndham to 5 million first place next year but no golfer who has played the events one or less times in past 5 years can play. Let the poster boy pga guys sit out for never playing them. And use same sponsor but play other courses in a reasonable area. There is nothing great about sedgfield this week. Boring ass plain course. Spice it up.

Tokens
LIV doesnt do anything for me, not impressed. 3 rounds, shot gun starts, no cuts, 'team play', limited field --seems more like a glorified exhibition.

PGA tour has hacks? lol, is that why Stenson cant make a cut? LOL!!!

PGA Tour has had a monopoly for yrs, competition is a good thing. Let them adapt and fight for a chnage

'Where is poster boy JT? Rory??' ...lol, taken the week off bro, doing their thang ....... Could watch an out of form 51 yr old ,forced to play , hitting it into galleries..

Tokens
Fowler hasnt gone LIV yet ? Wow . He's gone 'ian baker Finch ' ,except in his case on the greens . Walks on the green and demons follow . Feel for him . A lighter environment ,no cut may put the mind in a better place ?

Golf can be a brutal,lonely game

Tokens
LIV doesnt do anything for me, not impressed. 3 rounds, shot gun starts, no cuts, 'team play', limited field --seems more like a glorified exhibition.

PGA tour has hacks? lol, is that why Stenson cant make a cut? LOL!!!

PGA Tour has had a monopoly for yrs, competition is a good thing. Let them adapt and fight for a chnage

'Where is poster boy JT? Rory??' ...lol, taken the week off bro, doing their thang ....... Could watch an out of form 51 yr old ,forced to play , hitting it into galleries..
Stenson a shell of himself. But played what maybe 10 pga events/majors? I’m sure he has some MC but also a couple t20 or t40 in there. Not bad off maybe 10 events played here and there for a guy who doesn’t care to grind n play.

Hacks? Yesss! Tell me what has...
Baddley long hair
Dirt mcgirt
Woozie werenski
The love turd DL3
Vegas El cameno Villagas
Fat Stadler! (Explain how he is even on tour??)
Paul Goydos Beans
Ben Freaking Crane
Da points
Ricky Barnes
Greg Chalmers
Bo van pelt
Jim Herman
Robert garrigus
Wezzz Bryan
Luke Donald
Armor
Percy
Taylor
Gay
Lingermeth
Brown
Hear
Gomez
Ohair (like 3rd all time $ list if ya want win bar bet)
Trainer
Armor
CH3 (play 3 events a year)
Any of these guys done worthy of a damn over the past 3 years of consistent play. Not some flash in the pan here or there.

That’s off the top of my head. I could probably name another 30 space fillers with no purpose. Yes, hacks! Trunk slamming MC guys 24 out 32 events a year. Make a cut at Bahamas or Mexico or some other shit bird tournaments when a major is going on. These events are just not the best of the best as they say. Give me 90 golfers top 45 make cut.

Kevin Stadler has some behind the scenes pull because of Daddy walrus. No way this guy is a pga golfer. They need to shrink the fields to 120 at least. Every week outside a big tournament or major we are left with 24 golf tournaments of garbage filling spots 40-156

Tokens
Fowler hasnt gone LIV yet ? Wow . He's gone 'ian baker Finch ' ,except in his case on the greens . Walks on the green and demons follow . Feel for him . A lighter environment ,no cut may put the mind in a better place ?

Golf can be a brutal,lonely game
Fowler has no chops! He had his shot but humbled along the course. No passion or killer instinct. Just happy dopey to be there.

Got a ton of sponsors $ and said cool. He doesn’t care. Just out there strolling along enjoying a Thur Fri vacation on golf courses.

Guy needs to drop a F bomb or break a club. Show some intensity. Had him bet to win Masters few years ago. Had lead on Sunday. Tee box 1 hits drive in bunker. Lays up next shot 40 yards. Bogeys from 80 yards out and I knew he had no fire to win. A bunker shot that wasn’t horrible either. I ask myself what would Tiger have done. Gone for green and birdie par or bogey then on to next hole .

Pretty Rickie Flowers just lacks some fire imo.

Tokens
Fowler is grinding, i'll give him that. LIV is the easy way out, i'll be surprised if he doesnt land there

of course Stenson is a shell of himself. He cant make it on the PGA tour anymore, even the 'hacks' pass him - kaput

Tokens
Fowler is grinding, i'll give him that. LIV is the easy way out, i'll be surprised if he doesnt land there

of course Stenson is a shell of himself. He cant make it on the PGA tour anymore, even the 'hacks' pass him - kaput
You think any of the hacks I listed win that LIV event? No way. The Swedish wonder doesn’t care about PGA tour, plays few events for whatever. MC open Scotland Open PGA Championship last 3 events he played. Basically MC 3 majors. Before that grabbed couple t20 and made cut at Valspar Valero Heritage

Played 6 pga events since January. 3 made cut 3 Mc best finish 18th. Guy don’t care, but picks up the sticks and still better than 70 guys on pga Tour. Not great but not horrible for a guy barely playing or even cares to play.

Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Bahamas, Punta Cana, Barbarsol are the bottom of the bottom tournaments. The 3m this year ain’t far behind imo. The Ricky Barnes of the world goes out and makes a cut with a 53rd finish in these events vs local pros and washed up joes on tour. These hacks will be like 6 of 27 cuts made and feast on made cuts in these type tournaments.

Tokens

Who ya like Wyndham? Give me 5 golfers you think have a shot to win.

Been waiting for HV3 since Heritage to get a win. Had to circle the Wyndham as most likely destination.

HV3 40-1
Munoz 55-1

Too good of value imo. Winning any tournaments ain’t easy but these two really interested in this week

Give me any Korean to T10 here. They own this course for whatever reason. Probably because it use to be a horrible field.

Fat Panda Sung Im
Si rick flair Wooo Kim

Stallings is nipping at a win. Great form of late. McCarthy also (plays well here) and Mitchell are intriguing but to win may be a little much. Anything over 50-1 great value though.

Conners has good skill set for here. Been quiet of late. Could be a spot he pops. Russ Bulldog the glorified stat captain who can’t putt has a case of the Fowler’s and no closing chops.

Harry English seems to still be tweaking the form otherwise I’d give him a better look. Mackenzie Hughes May be an old head that can pop off here.

Some of the old heads usually pop here. Shorter course. Some of the once elite guys from 10-20 years ago. Maybe a stewie cink kind of guy finds the putter for 4 rounds

Webb literally owns this course. But 4 solid rounds and his off tee game leaking this year

Peter Malanati or Kelly Kraft screams random winner. Name just sounds like a Wyndham winner.

Eyeing
Hv3
Munoz
Fat panda
Rick flair woo Kim
And Stewie cink for an older fella.

Who you eyeing this week? Always great T10 T5 value here. Rode Sloan last year. He for whatever reason plays Ross course well

Tokens
'Played 6 pga events since January. 3 made cut 3 Mc best finish 18th. Guy don’t care, but picks up the sticks and still better than 70 guys on pga Tour. Not great but not horrible for a guy barely playing or even cares to play.'

oh is that it? he plays poorly and misses cuts cause he 'doesnt care '. Good grief. He's 46, hasnt been relevant for awhile . Basically waiting for the senior tour then LIV came along . Should have stopped with ; 'he's a shadow of his former self'

anyway, havent even looked at this week, gl

PGA Tour found new money? lol

its raining dollar bills in golf.......

Tokens

Tokens
'Played 6 pga events since January. 3 made cut 3 Mc best finish 18th. Guy don’t care, but picks up the sticks and still better than 70 guys on pga Tour. Not great but not horrible for a guy barely playing or even cares to play.'

oh is that it? he plays poorly and misses cuts cause he 'doesnt care '. Good grief. He's 46, hasnt been relevant for awhile . Basically waiting for the senior tour then LIV came along . Should have stopped with ; 'he's a shadow of his former self'

anyway, havent even looked at this week, gl

PGA Tour found new money? lol

its raining dollar bills in golf.......
Stenson ain’t teeing up the Honda or Valspar and full blown go compete mode. He shoots well T/F cool, if not cool. Probably his attitude. Just a stroll around the course for him.

But if the guy can bag a couple T20’s and made cuts in half of the 6 events he plays with that attitude, then what are all these other hacks doing who can’t even do that? This guy plays 6 decent pga events and can make cut with okay finish in half of the 6. Yet, I listed 45 golfers you see about every week who can’t even make cuts at Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Bermuda or Barbarsol.

Sad that Stenson is better than 70 other every week guys on the tour. Just shows that 70% of pga events are filled with trash players.

Tokens
Will PGA players boycott if 54 tour players are allowed to return and play in PGA events? Davis Love III says yes they will

They should. Some probably turned down offers because of scrutiny on moral ethics and the fact the pga said anybody who joins gets banned. I’d be pissed if they let them back in

Tokens
Will PGA players boycott if 54 tour players are allowed to return and play in PGA events? Davis Love III says yes they will

Bryson speaking out loud lol. "i personally know..'. he seems like a tortured soul. Wants to play in majors, play in the traditional real golf arena yet enjoy the cash at The Circus. At least he was forthright and said 'it was an economic no brainer'.

"You have a pizza shop that's been in existence for 50 years and all the customers go to it, it's a great product. All of a sudden a new pizza shop opens up, and they start paying the customers to come eat at their place. And that pizza's potentially a little bit better of a pizza. And then all of a sudden that original pizza house says if you go over there we're banning you from ever coming back to our pizza shop. What's wrong with that economic model?"

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they need to re-assess his nickname as a 'scientist'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trgrestaurantconsulting
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com