NFL training camp previews for all 32 teams.

Search

Handicapper
Tokens
DGvr9BJVoAAjqBi.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
Fabiano's fantasy football auction mock draft strategy.

Another day, another mock draft. This one was an auction, which requires fantasy owners to nominate and bid on players rather than make selections over the course of several rounds. It takes longer than a snake draft, but it can also be a lot more enjoyable. In fact, I'd advise anyone who hasn't tried one to sign up for an auction or at the very least get into a mock auction on NFL.com. You very well might find it to be more exciting than the standard drafts, as you have a chance to get anyone you want on your final roster.
When it comes to auctions, the best advice is to allow a certain amount of your total budget (in this case, $200) to players or positions that you want to focus on. For example, I will spend more on running backs and wide receivers but not quarterbacks and tight ends. If a bid on a certain player you want gets out of hand though, don't be afraid to pass and wait to bid on another player at the same position who has similar value. If you wanted Jay Ajayi but bidding on the Dolphins runner went into the mid- to high-40s, for example, then go after DeMarco Murray or Jordan Howard when nominated. With that said, you don't want to be too timid in the bidding process because you never want to finish the auction with lots of unspent dough.
Otherwise, I like to follow the advice of Guns 'N' Roses and have ... "Patience." Let the rest of the owners in your draft run through their cash like Montgomery Brewster in the underrated flick "Brewster's Millions," because I promise that you'll be able to land ridiculous bargains in the latter portion of the auction.
All right, here's how this squad ended up and a few notes on how I compiled it pick by pick, in order of the player costs. Enjoy.

Devonta Freeman, RB, Atlanta Falcons ($38): I had a $42 max bid on Freeman, so getting him for $38 was a value. The versatile running back has finished in the top six in fantasy points at his position in each of the last two seasons, and at the age of 25 he's in the prime of his career.

Amari Cooper, WR, Oakland Raiders ($27): Bids on the elite fantasy wide receivers were off the charts, (Odell Beckham Jr. went for $63), so I sat back and waited to find one who was closer to what I would call a bargain. Cooper ended up being that wideout at the reasonable price of $27.

Joe Mixon, RB, Cincinnati Bengals ($25): I'm a huge fan of Mixon on the gridiron, and I'm projecting him to lead the Bengals backfield in touches as a rookie. I might have paid a few dollars more than I projected, but he's a player I wanted so I didn't mind overpaying for him slightly.

Tevin Coleman, RB, Atlanta Falcons ($24): Coleman wasn't someone I had targeted, but he ended up being the player I overspent for the most because I had a lot of cash in the budget when he was nominated. A terrific flex starter last season, Coleman also serves as insurance for Freeman.

Martavis Bryant, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers ($21): Did you know that Bryant has scored 15 total touchdowns and averaged more than 17 yards per catch in his 21 career NFL games? I love his upside in what will be a solid Steelers pass attack, so paying a bit more than I had projected is fine.

Jarvis Landry, WR, Miami Dolphins ($17): I do have concerns about Landry due to the whole Ryan Tannehill situation, but the signing of Jay Cutler should maintain the status quo. Landry will serve well as a No. 2 or 3 fantasy wide receiver.

Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints ($12): Brees was a bargain based my dollar projections, and I was surprised to land him at $12. Honestly, this was a case of me bidding up a player who was going for too little money ... and I ended up getting him. This was a win for an elite player.

Jimmy Graham, TE, Seattle Seahawks ($9): If you take one piece of advice from this column, it's that there are almost always bargains at the tight end position. Heck, Kyle Rudolph went for a dollar! I had the cash to spend on Graham, who was still a decent bargain at a price tag of $9.

Adam Thielen, WR, Minnesota Vikings ($9): Thielen had a tremendous 2016 campaign, finishing in the top 30 in fantasy points among wideouts after not being on the radar in most drafts. He was a few dollars more than I projected, but I had the extra cash and wanted him as a No. 4 wideout.

Eddie Lacy, RB, Seattle Seahawks ($7): I am 100 percent on the record as a Lacy naysayer, but I ended up getting him for a real bargain (I have him projected for more than double what I paid). With the trio of Freeman, Mixon and Coleman also on the roster, Lacy will be a flex at best.

Mike Wallace, WR, Baltimore Ravens ($5): Wallace was the last player I spent more than a dollar on at the end of the auction, and he's the fifth wideout on this particular roster.

Alvin Kamara, RB, New Orleans Saints ($1): Kamara could be buried behind Mark Ingram and Adrian Peterson, or he could see a Darren Sproles role. For $1, there was no risk with him.
Stephen Gostkowski, K, New England Patriots ($1): I like to bid $1 on an "elite" kicker at the start of the auction. Either someone bids more, or I get a solid starter for a buck.

Robert Woods, WR, Los Angeles Rams ($1): This was a flier. Woods could wind up being the most targeted wide receiver in the Rams offense, and he's the sixth wideout on this roster.

Charles Sims, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers ($1): I passed on bidding on a defense in favor of a sixth running back. Sims was the best runner on the board and would be my final choice.

Handicapper
Tokens
How to play fantasy football: A beginner's guide.

Whether of your own volition or due to coercion from friends/family/coworkers, if you're reading this article you're likely playing fantasy football for the first time in 2017. Or if you've played before and are just looking for a little extra guidance, that's fine too. I'm here to help you navigate these nerdy waters with a simple walkthrough on how to play fantasy football.

Overview: What is fantasy football?

So you finished your draft and are staring at a team of around 15 NFL players. Now what?
At its core fantasy is a math-based game based on the real-life production of NFL players. Each week you fill out a roster by "starting" players at the various positions allowed based on your league settings. These usually include one quarterback (QB), two running backs (RB), two wide receivers (WR), one tight end (TE), one kicker (K), one defense (D/ST) and one FLEX (usually RB or WR, but some leagues allow for a TE or even a QB to be played here as well). The statistics your starting players accumulate on the field (yards, touchdowns, etc.) contribute to their point total for the week. The point totals of all of the players in your starting lineup are tallied into your weekly score, and if you have a higher total than your opponent (another member of your league) you win that week! Players who you do not start are considered on your "bench." They'll still score points like everyone else, but those points will not be counted toward your weekly total.
Each week will proceed like this until the end of the fantasy regular season (usually Week 13 or Week 14, depending on your league). At this point, the teams with the best win-loss records will enter the fantasy playoffs for a few more win-or-go-home head-to-head matchups. Whoever wins the remaining games in the playoffs is typically crowned league champion following Week 16. (Again, these aren't set-in-stone timeframes, as many leagues have different rules, so be sure to know yours!).

Week 1 and beyond

OK, so you understand the basics, but the NFL season kicks off next Thursday, September 7 when the Kansas City Chiefs visiting the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots. What does this mean for you and your fantasy squad?
You'll need to make sure you set your lineup at least five minutes before the kickoff of that game (8:30 p.m. ET on NBC). If you don't, any players on your roster from those teams (Travis Kelce, Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, etc.) will be "locked" wherever you have them at that time -- either on your bench or in your starting lineup -- and you won't be able to move them until after all of the games have been played in that week. This will be the case each and every week with Thursday Night Football, so keep an eye on the schedule and be aware of when your star players are starting on Thursdays!
Other than that, you can tinker with your lineup all the way up until the games on Sunday, when you'll want to again make sure your lineup is set by five minutes before the games kick off (1 p.m. ET). This gives you plenty of time throughout the week to check our analyst rankings, read our matchup and strategy columns, and keep up to date on player/injury news. We have everything you'll need right here at NFL.com to get your lineup in tip-top shape each and every week.

Managing the waiver wire

Once Week 1 concludes after Monday Night Football, it's time to turn your attention to Week 2. Hopefully, you've secured a win, but if not, this is where we enter one of the most crucial parts of the fantasy season: managing the waiver wire.
The waiver wire is the process used in fantasy football to acquire players who currently aren't on a team roster in your fantasy league. You put in a "claim" on free agent players, and if you have the highest priority (based on the inverse of the standings) or no one else makes a claim on that player, they'll be added to your roster. Of course, rosters have size limits, so if you wish to add a player you'll have to drop another to make space. The game will generally make you pick a player to drop when you make your waiver claim, so don't worry about that too much.
Using your priority effectively is a key strategy in fantasy. You may not want to waste it too early in the year on a random free agent -- it'd be better to save it until someone on your roster gets injured, or you have a chance to pick up someone who is emerging as a bonafide starter.
Waiver claims are submitted on Tuesdays, and players are awarded to rosters on Wednesdays (in standard leagues). More adds and drops can be made throughout the week using this same process if news breaks that a player is injured or will miss time for whatever reason. If your league uses a free agent acquisition budget (FAAB) for waiver wires, I explain a bit more about how that works here.

Bye Weeks

Every team in the NFL has a "bye week" built into their season. This is a week where the team does not have a game schedule and can rest/recover. These weeks are important for fantasy owners to keep an eye on so they can add players if needed to still field a full starting roster.
To find out when your players have byes, click on their name on your team page and scroll down in the pop-up window to see their 2017 season schedule. These weeks will also show up as "BYE" on your team page under the "Opponent" section when your player is set to be off during the season. Make sure you have depth on your bench or can find a replacement on the waiver wire when these weeks pop up. It's never a bad idea to be a week early in terms of adding a free agent from the waiver wire when a bye is coming up for a big player on your team. For a full list of which teams are on byes when, and some replacement options for quarterbacks and running backs, bookmark this bye-week guide.

Trades

Aside from the waiver wire, there's only one other way to add players to your roster post-draft, and that's by trading with another person in your league. Trades do not have to be of a one-for-one nature, often times they'll involve multiple players or one team will give up a few players in exchange for an elite fantasy producer.
There's no exact science to executing fantasy trades. It takes time and patience. A little knowledge of who you're trading with doesn't hurt either. To prevent collusion, however, most leagues enforce a trade deadline. This means all trades need to be completed prior to the set date, and no trades will be allowed after it. In NFL.com standard leagues, November 25 is the trade deadline (Week 12). So be cognizant of that and make the appropriate moves before time is up!

Have fun

That's it! As you can see, the basics of fantasy football are quite simple. Set your lineup every week, manage the waiver wire, keep an eye on bye weeks, make a few trades (if you want), and you're good to go. The last and most important part about playing fantasy football is to remember to have fun. This is a game about a game, after all. Trash talk your league mates, but leave the players alone on social media. Keep your head up and hopefully you'll be in the mix to hoist a championship trophy at the end of the season. If not, there's always next year. And we'll still be here trying to help you take home the gold.

Handicapper
Tokens
Devonta Freeman, Falcons agree on five-year contract extension.

DGyltCmWAAAdinq.jpg

The Atlanta Falcons and two-time Pro Bowl running back Devonta Freeman have agreed to a five-year contract extension that makes him the NFL's highest-paid running back, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network's Michael Silver. The extension pays out $41.25 million.
The Falcons confirmed the five-year extension.
The former Florida State standout will take home an annual average of $8.25 million over the life of the deal. That's more than any other running back, pending Le'Veon Bell's anticipated acceptance of a one-year, $12.1 million offer from the Pittsburgh Steelers. (The Steelers used their franchise tag on Bell, but he has thus far declined to sign and remains away from training camp.)
The extension includes $22 million in guarantees and a $15 million signing bonus, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.
"We are very pleased that we were able to get this extension done," Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said in a statement. "Devonta embodies everything we are looking for in a Falcon, and we are proud that he'll be able to spend his career here in Atlanta."
A fourth-round draft pick in 2014, Freeman has scored 27 touchdowns over the past two seasons and had vastly outperformed his rookie deal, which was due to pay him $1.8 million in 2017. The new contract, which includes a $15 million signing bonus, will be tacked onto the final year of Freeman's rookie deal and runs through the 2022 season.
"Everybody's happy," said Freeman's agent, Kristin Campbell. "I'm so excited for him. He's excited to be a Falcon for life. He loves the city. The organization's been great throughout the process. To have him be the highest-paid back after only three years is a testament to his achievement. Everyone's thrilled."
Six days before Super Bowl LI, Freeman expressed a desire for a new deal, which became a major story during the days leading up to the game. The dual threat backed up his words with a strong performance in the Falcons' heartbreaking Super Bowl LI defeat to the New England Patriots, scoring the game's first touchdown and gaining 121 yards from scrimmage.
Last month, as negotiations with the Falcons stalled, Freeman was prepared to play out his rookie deal and test the market -- or have the franchise tag placed upon him by the Falcons -- following the 2017 season. He spent $50,000 on a $10-million insurance policy to protect him in the event of a career-altering injury, all of which is now moot.
Freeman, 25, will now command an annual average salary second only to Bell (unless Bell declines to sign his franchise tender and elects to sit out the season). For now, Freeman has the NFL's most lucrative deal among running backs, surpassing that of the Buffalo Bills' LeSean McCoy, whose average annual salary is a reported $8 million.
Last January, Freeman admitted that he was "struggling" with his role in Atlanta's offense, which had him sharing the workload with Tevin Coleman, a third-round pick in the 2015 draft. Though Coleman remains an integral part of the Falcons' attack -- now under the guidance of offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, who replaced Kyle Shanahan after Shanahan was hired as the San Francisco 49ers head coach following the Super Bowl -- it's clear that the organization regards Freeman as its marquee back.
Two seasons ago, the 5-foot-8, 206-pound Freeman made the Pro Bowl after gaining 1,056 yards on 265 carries and catching 73 passes for 578 yards. Last season, he ran for 1,079 yards on 227 carries and had 54 receptions for 462 yards, again earning a Pro Bowl selection.
With Freeman's deal done, the Falcons can now turn their attention toward negotiating an extension for star quarterback Matt Ryan, the NFL's reigning MVP. Before February's Super Bowl, Falcons owner Arthur Blank told ESPN he expected to reward Ryan for his stellar 2016 season, saying, "He needs to be compensated well, certainly. And he will be."
Ryan, 32, has two years left on the six-year, $103.75 million contract he signed in July 2013, a deal that included $59 million guaranteed.

Handicapper
Tokens
13 things we learned on Tuesday.

DGyUNpwVYAAtiaq.jpg

When Carson Wentz faltered down the stretch last season, his surrounding talent took the brunt of the blame.
The Eagles' anemic wide receiver corps, specifically, was singled out as one of the league's least productive units.
Eight months later, the once-beleaguered receivers have seemingly transformed from the team's Achilles' heel to one of the deepest positions on the roster.
Look no further than the slot, where a previously drop-prone Nelson Agholor has excelled since camp opened. The 2015 first-round pick has been so impressive in separating from coverage that observers have been left to wonder how Jordan Matthews' role will play out this season.
Matthews remains the starter on the team's initial camp depth chart even as offensive coordinator Frank Reich acknowledges that the plan will be different than last year's.
Although coach Doug Pederson told reporters Tuesday that he doesn't foresee a reduced role for Matthews, at least one beat writer believes the Eagles have "already sold themselves" on Agholor as the No. 1 slot receiver. That sentiment comes days after NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah visited Eagles camp and ascertained that Agholor is destined for slot duties.
Philadelphia's brass insists Matthews is going nowhere, citing his chemistry with Wentz and historically productive first three NFL seasons.
Whether it's Matthews or Agholor in the slot, the primary takeaway from the first two weeks of camp is the increased talent level at the position. More than just competition for Matthews, the improved Agholor will also push Torrey Smith for snaps on the outside and provide insurance in the event of an Alshon Jeffery injury.
"Right now, the whole receiver room is more competitive," Reich added. "So yeah, I think it is a little bit different than last year."

Here's what else we learned on Tuesday:

Good luck stopping Tom Brady's loaded offensive attack this season. Since earning MVP honors in Super Bowl LI, Brady has welcomed back the most unstoppable tight end in history and wasted no time in establishing a rapport with speedy wideout Brandin Cooks and touchdown threat Dwayne Allen.
Returning from back surgery, Rob Gronkowski obliterated Jacksonville's defense for a staggering six touchdowns in Tuesday's scrimmage. As banged up as Gronkowski has been throughout his career, he has returned stronger every time.
Already hyped as Brady's best deep threat since Randy Moss, Cooks has been a one-man highlight reel since camp opened. Stepping in as Martellus Bennett's replacement alongside Gronkowski, Allen has already earned Brady's trust with "a ton of targets" in the red zone.
It's not simply the talent infusion that will keep opposing defensive coordinators up at night. The Patriots' depth, versatility and creative play-calling will enable Brady to keep defenses guessing by switching alignments and personnel depending on matchups and game situation.

Preseason Week 1 status

1. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis missed Tuesday's practice with a Baker's Cyst in his knee, per NFL Network's Stacey Dales. The team released a statement noting the health issue is "minor," perhaps allowing Lewis to return within a matter of days. Special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons will lead the team in the meantime.

2. Coach Ron Rivera confirmed Tuesday that Cam Newton will not play in the preseason opener versus the Houston Texans, which will air at 7:30 p.m. ET on NFL Network. On a positive note, though, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that it appears Newton has "gotten over the hump" after missing the past week of practices following offseason shoulder surgery.

3. After telling reporters Monday that Jamaal Charles would play in the preseason opener, Denver coach Vance Joseph backpedaled on Tuesday. The plan now is for Charles to sit out Thursday's game versus Chicago, per The Denver Post. Broncos fans and fantasy drafters are understandably eager to see Charles in action after the four-time Pro Bowler missed the majority of the past two seasons with lingering knee issues.

4. Kirk Cousins will be without three of his top four targets for Thursday's game versus the Ravens. Coach Jay Gruden has ruled out tight end Jordan Reed (toe) and wide receivers Josh Doctson (hamstring), Jamison Crowder (hamstring) for preseason opener. All three of the core offensive players are viewed as "day to day."

5. Jaylon Smith "absolutely" will play in the preseason, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett insists. That said, it has yet to be determined if Smith will make his NFL preseason debut Saturday night against the Rams. Although Smith has exceeded expectations early in camp, Garrett will continue to handle the second-year linebacker with kid gloves.
"I think Jaylon's going to be around here the next 10 years," Garrett explained, via the Dallas Morning News. "We don't want to do anything that's not taking care of Jaylon."

6. One player who certainly won't be making his debut with a new team is Branden Albert, who informed the Jaguars of his intention to return to the field after last week's abrupt retirement. Placing the veteran left tackle on the reserve/retired list, executive vice president Tom Coughlin made it clear that the team has no plans to welcome Albert back with open arms. As is often the case in sports (and life), this situation boils down to money -- specifically the signing bonus Albert would owe the organization if he remained retired.

Depth chart drama

NFL teams have begun to release their first unofficial depth charts of training camp, which naturally leads to a few raised eyebrows around the league. While the listed pecking order often functions as a snapshot of the coaching staff's current viewpoint on the state of the roster, it's important to keep this exercise in perspective. It's an obligation that many head coaches brush off as a borderline afterthought:

1. For all of the lip service paid to the Jets' quarterback "competition," Christian Hackenberg has seen precious few practice reps with the first-team offense. It's interesting to note that Hackenberg is listed third on the depth chart, behind not only presumed starter Josh McCown but also Bryce Petty.

2. Rookie Joe Mixon is fourth on the Bengals' depth chart at running back, behind Jeremy Hill, Giovani Bernard and even special teamer Cedric Peerman. Although Mixon will have to earn his share of the workload over the next few weeks, he's fully expected to be in the mix for carries as early as Week 1 of the regular season.

3. Handed $750,000 in guarantees on a $2.468 million contract, veteran Sean Spence is surprisingly listed as the fourth-team "WILL" linebacker on the Colts' depth chart. Beat writers have noted that Spence has begun fading from the picture at inside linebacker in recent practices.

4. Former Bills coach Rex Ryan recently raved about linebacker Reggie Ragland as perhaps "the best player we had on our entire football team" prior to last summer's ACL tear. It's fair to wonder about Ragland's fit in new coach Sean McDermott's system, as the former Alabama star has been relegated to second- and now third-team work since camp opened. Might Ragland be a preseason trade candidate?

5. Down a running back with converted quarterback B.J. Daniels nursing an undisclosed injury, the Falcons signed Kevin Taylor, son of Jaguars legend Fred Taylor. The younger Taylor is a long shot to make Atlanta's 53-man roster.

Handicapper
Tokens
Check out the NFL's top selling jerseys.

DGzqePEXkAYNrWS.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
NFL to hire up to 24 full-time game officials for 2017.

DG0ADQGXYAA7U6B.jpg

Full-time game officials will be on the field this season.
The NFL will hire up to 24 full-time game officials for 2017 season from current crop of 124 officials, the league and the NFL Referees Association announced Wednesday.
The NFL and the NFLRA agreed to experiment with full-time officials as part of the last collective bargaining agreement and the NFLRA approved the move. The program will allow current officials to apply to become full-time.
"We believe this is a great development for NFL officiating overall and ultimately the quality of our game," said Troy Vincent, NFL executive vice president of football operations, in a statement. "We share a common goal, which is to make our game as great as it can possibly be, and look forward to working together on this new effort."
Full-time officials will be hired at each of the seven officiating positions.
The league believes the move to 21-24 full-time officials will enhance communication between officials working on and off the field during games. It also will give the league's officiating department a chance to work with the NFLRA in identifying effective ways to utilize off-field time for full-time game officials throughout the calendar year.
"NFL officials are always looking to improve, and we believe that additional time, particularly in the offseason, will be positive," said Scott Green, executive director of the NFLRA. "We're looking forward to working together with the league on this effort."

Handicapper
Tokens
Trevor Siemian: Things have started 'clicking for me'.

DG0aErJXUAAPAv1.jpg

Trevor Siemian has taken strides toward winning the Denver Broncos' quarterback battle with more consistent play over the past few practices. The third-year quarterback said getting more comfortable in offensive coordinator Mike McCoy's system has been the key.
"I can't tell exactly when, but probably a week or so I just kind of felt a little more comfortable, like things were clicking for me and I got a big-picture thought of how we're trying to attack scheme and defenses," Siemian said Tuesday, via The Denver Post. "I just felt comfortable ... getting going and also getting a feel for all the guys. First, second, third [team], it doesn't matter -- just getting a feel for how guys run, what they do well and I think we're all in a good spot right now."
Siemian will start the first preseason game Thursday when the Broncos visit the Chicago Bears. Coach Vance Joseph announced that second-year pro Paxton Lynch will start the second game. Providing each player a predetermined start indicates Denver wants to give Lynch every chance to swipe the gig from the more consistent Siemian.
Heading into Thursday's game, Siemian is confident he's wrapped his brain around what McCoy wants out of the offense.
"I think I got a feel for all of us," he said. "We want to put pressure on the defense every snap, every play and that's a common theme all over the place. It's just how well we can do it. I think with the guys we have -- the receivers, running backs and the way our offensive line is coming together, I think we have a good chance to do that."

Handicapper
Tokens
DG0sdC0XkAAoq47.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
DG1WzexUQAA7HlB.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
DG1fnv4UIAEG2O4.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
Predicting breakthrough stars for all 32 NFL teams.

NFC EAST

i
Dallas Cowboys

Safety Byron Jones
Jones has been a revelation early in camp. His offseason work in improving his ball skills has paid off. Wherever and whenever he could, he caught passes. He even shagged flies during batting practice with the Frisco RoughRiders. He has just one pick in his first two seasons, but with the athletic additions to the secondary, Jones will be allowed to play a centerfield type of role that will give him the chance to make more plays on the ball. -- Todd Archer

Handicapper
Tokens
i
New York Giants

Cornerback Eli Apple
His rookie season was filled with ups and downs, as well as nagging injuries. But the first-round pick is healthy now and has put on muscle this year. He has held his own against Odell Beckham Jr. early in training camp, which means he should thrive against the rest of the league. Look out.

Handicapper
Tokens

Handicapper
Tokens
i
Washington Redskins

Wide receiver Terrelle Pryor
He finished with 1,007 yards last season, so it's not as though he accomplished nothing -- but that was also his first full season at receiver. Pryor has been the offensive standout through the first week of camp, displaying freakish athleticism and improved receiver skills. He was considered raw even after his big year in Cleveland. His production in 2017 will hinge on how much work he receives in comparison to tight end Jordan Reed and receiver Jamison Crowder. But paired with a better QB than he had in Cleveland, and with increased knowledge, Pryor should thrive.

Handicapper
Tokens
NFC NORTH

i
Chicago Bears

Running back Tarik Cohen
Cohen, drafted in the fourth round, is the undisputed fan favorite in Bourbonnais. The shifty running back out of North Carolina A&T has repeatedly shown that he can outrun defenders in the open field. The Bears haven't had a true third-down running back with a top gear like Cohen's in the John Fox era -- until now. Look for Cohen to be active on game days and likely get on the field for about 10 plays. Chicago is also eyeballing Cohen as a possible returner on special teams.

Handicapper
Tokens
i
Detroit Lions

Defensive end Anthony Zettel
After playing minimal snaps as a rookie last year, he has become one of the most hyped players through the first week of training camp. Playing at a position of need on a team searching for more of a pass rush, watching a sleeker, faster Zettel blow by Greg Robinson and Cyrus Kouandjio in one-on-one drills is a good sign for the defense (or a bad sign for the offense). It'll be interesting to see how Zettel fares in preseason games. He should see a lot of work since Ezekiel Ansah is still on PUP, and he could be the latest on the list of breakout defensive linemen for the Lions under boisterous defensive line coach Kris Kocurek.

Handicapper
Tokens
i
Green Bay Packers

Defensive tackle Dean Lowry
The second-year pro had only two sacks last season, but both came in December -- a sign he improved as the season progressed. Lowry devoted this past offseason to working on his pass rush, and it has shown so far in training camp. During the Packers' Lambeau Field practice on Saturday night, he had pressures on back-to-back plays, one of which led to an interception. Yes, Lowry was the second of two defensive linemen drafted last year -- Kenny Clark in the first round and Lowry in the fourth -- but so far Lowry looks like he's capable of providing more of a pass rush.

Handicapper
Tokens
i
Minnesota Vikings

Linebacker Anthony Barr
He has had some disappointing seasons since the Vikings drafted him No. 9 overall in 2014. But his raw athletic ability and playmaking have always been evident, and he admitted this summer that a substandard work ethic has been the main culprit. That can be corrected, however, especially when a player is headed into an offseason in which he is likely to be offered a contract extension. Never has Barr been more motivated to perform than in 2017.

Handicapper
Tokens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teamrkmarblesindia
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com