Freeh Report

Search

Tokens
I just finished reading the Freeh Report. If you have read the the 144 page report I would like to see your reaction on Paterno. I can understand why his family is upset.

Although he could have done more because of his status and am surprised that he was included in this report. The Penn State administration fucked up by not reporting this to child welfare.(obvious especially in hindsight).

I have been teaching in a Pennsylvania high school for 13 years. I was always told that I must report any abuse or suspected abuse to a counselor, social worker or administration or I could lose my job.(Similar to Clery Act) I was told once I reported this to one of these people that I have met my obligation. I also could lose my job if I did not follow chain of command and called child welfare myself.

I know that I am not Joe Paterno and I do not have the power that he had but to me it seems that he told his administration what McQueery reported to him. When he reported to Tim Curley, the AD and Paterno's boss he met his obligation under the Clery Act.

As Paterno said he regretted that he did not do more. Morally he should have done more but I still find it hard to believe that he was knowingly protecting a pedofile. From 1966 until 2011 we have been told how he stressed honor and integrity and doing things the right way. Protecting a pedofile, one of if not the worst crime imaginable, would make you the scum of the earth and almost as bad as the perpetrator. Unfortunately we may never know what Paterno knew unless he kept files or wrote a journal.

You didn't believe it then, and you were correct . The Freeh report was a complete work of fiction. Joe Paterno's legacy of success with honor needs to be restored, and the statue put back up on campus.

Of course the mental gymnastics some people still put themselves thru to try and understand how Jerry, a dufus who couldn't even handle a simple Bob Costas question, suddenly turned into a criminal mastermind able to hide these horrific acts for decades is still kind of silly . The reason is Jerry is innocent .

Sunday, February 17

Freeh's Desperate Arguments About the A7 Report

Louis Freeh's arguments in rebutting the A7 report appear to be the act of a desperate man who will stop at nothing to defend his reputation and the indefensible findings of the Freeh Report.
By
Ray Blehar
February 17, 2019, 10:07 AM EST

Former FBI Director Louis Freeh's statement regarding the leaked report by the Penn State University's (PSU) alumni-elected trustees (A7) contains arguments that fabricate information, dishonestly characterize or otherwise ignore the evidence on the record, and suspend the law and logic in order to desperately defend his unearned reputation and the dubious findings of the Freeh Report.

Freeh desperation is also demonstrated by the frequency of ad hominem attacks on those who dare to criticize his report or its findings.

There is no better example of this than in paragraph 10, where Freeh calls alumni "deniers" for their well-reasoned argument that PSU officials had no reason to suspect that Jerry Sandusky was a serial child molester after he was found not to be a danger to children by child protective services (CPS) and found (by police and the district attorney) not to have committed crimes when he showered with a boy in 1998.

Shockingly, Freeh's argument in paragraph 11 eliminates
a citizen's rights to due process rights and contends a person is guilty despite insufficient evidence to support a charge. And further contends that Sandusky was a known pedophile in 1998 despite all evidence to the contrary.

FreehA7_Rebut_Para10.png

The entire statement is a shining example of how Freeh's findings were infected with hindsight bias and completed disregarded the legal processes and requirements involved in an investigation of suspected child sexual abuse.

Centre County Children and Youth Services had the legal responsibility -- and its employees had the requisite training -- to detect child abuse and to protect children in the community from harm, not PSU. Moreover, the local police have the legal responsibility to protect the general public from crimes. Again, neither found sufficient grounds in 1998 to believe that Sandusky was a danger to children or the public and took no action in that regard.
Freeh's argument about 1998 relies on the removal of the right to due process

<tbody>
</tbody>

Freeh's attempt to shift blame away from the public servants were paid with tax dollars to provide protection and put the blame on PSU officials was a dishonest act for the sole purpose of creating an output that the media was expecting. The Freeh Source materials obtained by the A7 prove that.

Despite those well-known facts from 1998, Freeh continued to defend his report's suggestion that PSU officials should have banned Sandusky from the football facilities at the close of that investigation. He illogically wrote:

The suggestion to ban Sandusky from the facilities in 1998 was a completely unreasonable given that he was employed as the defensive coordinator of the football team and needed access to the football facilities to do his job. Note that the Freeh Report, even with abundant hindsight bias, did not recommend Sandusky be fired over the 1998 investigation and stated that his 1999 retirement was not related to prior year's child abuse investigation.

Freeh then resorts to fabricating evidence to justify that PSU should have enforced a ban on Sandusky bringing children to bowl games. Testimony from the Sandusky trial confirms that Victim 4 never even alleged he was sexually assaultedwhile at the 1999 Alamo Bowl. In addition, Sandusky was never charged with a crime in the state of Texas -- the location of the Alamo Bowl. Nor was he charged with violating the Mann Act (transporting a person for the purpose of sexual exploitation).

Not a single fact confirms Freeh's version of events.

Trial testimony and verdicts confirmed that Sandusky committed his crimes in a variety of locations and that the majority (60 percent) of the victims were not subjected to assaults in the PSU football facilities.

The fact of the matter is that 90% of offenders, like Sandusky, are acquaintance offenders to not use "lures" to attract victims. Lures are used by offenders who have no prior relationship to the child (i.e., the "stanger danger" offender).

Freeh's arguments here are completely misguided.

False Claims About Freeh Report's Use in Court Cases

Given the former FBI director's dishonesty about the facts of the Sandusky case, it comes as no surprise that he falsely claimed that the Freeh Report findings were used repeatedly in criminal and civil trials. The evidence reveals that his report's findings, at best, supported the Clery Act investigation, but was not used in other cases.

The truth is that no findings the Freeh Report or even investigative information from his inquiry were used as material evidence in the Sandusky case, the Curley, Schultz and Spanier cases, and the McQueary Whistle blower and defamation cases, and Sandusky's appeal. Read the full analysis here.
Freeh's also attempts to credit the courts with upholding the Freeh Report in the Paterno lawsuit and Spanier defamationare hollow at best, given both lawsuits were dismissed before a decision was rendered. Freeh claiming the Paterno dismissal as a validation of his report is quite farcical considering that the Corman v. NCAA lawsuit eviscerated nearly all of the sanctions that were based on the Freeh Report. In addition, prior to the dismissal of the Spanier lawsuit, Freeh's attorneys submitted legal motions that 23 statements in the Freeh Report concerning Spanier merely reflected the former FBI director's opinions.<o:p></o:p>

Freeh is correct however, that his report identified many of the deficiencies in implementing the Clery Act at PSU. However his report's specific finding of an atmosphere of non-compliance by the football program was specious given that noncompliance was campus wide at the time and was a problem in all departments.

Confusion about Culture

Freeh's arguments about the PSU culture appear to be almost maniacal, as the first argument in Paragraph 6 is contradicted by the second argument in Paragraph 7.

In the first instance, Freeh inexplicably argues that the "culture" finding in his report was not unique to PSU and then uses the janitor incident and fear of Paterno as evidence of the culture issue. Not only was the second argument contradictory to the first, but was also completely inaccurate based on the evidence from the Sandusky trial.

Paragraph 6

Paragraph 7

The Commonwealth presented just one janitor as a witness at the Sandusky trial -- not two as the Freeh Report (and this statement) contend. Ronald Petrosky was the lone janitor to testify and none of the quotes above reflect his testimony. As a result, Freeh's best example of the culture of PSU is unsupported by the evidence.

If none of the testimony in the the latest statement (and on page 65 of the Freeh Report) were part of the Sandusky trial, then it logically follows that a Pennsylvania appellate court did NOTfind that this testimony was properly introduced.

Is this a case of Freeh being ignorant to the facts or is it a case that he believes he can say anything and get away with it because of his reputation?

It's the latter.

Freeh uses his previous employment as a judge and former FBI director, positions of public trust, to fool the public into believing his word can be trusted in the very same manner Sandusky used his reputation as a do-gooder to trick boys into believing he could be trusted as a father figure.

The results were the same.

Both groups have literally gotten screwed.
https://notpsu.blogspot.com/2019/02/freehs-desperate-arguments-about-a7.html?fbclid=IwAR3iDgyD8isybwSug6mpCqLdBU8URZZRQuPgKf0M1eaMirUrcTpVbhUPu2s

Tokens
[h=2]
xVFgD-dR_normal.png
Big Trial (@BigTrialBlog)
2/22/19, 9:45 AM
Sandusky's Lawyer, Former NCIS Special Agent Snedden To Speak

<tbody style="-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;">
</tbody>

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2019
[/h][FONT=&quot][h=3]Press Conference In Happy Valley[/h]
image: [url]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-O9Nj256e_1Q/XHAHAkHuB-I/AAAAAAAAGDo/8venfOvnzk8YHwW0ceZNgwNwMNKhcM32QCK4BGAYYCw/s400/Screen%2BShot%2B2019-02-22%2Bat%2B9.27.26%2BAM.png
[/URL]
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-O9Nj256e_...1600/Screen+Shot+2019-02-22+at+9.27.26+AM.png On Monday at 10 a.m., Al Lindsay, Jerry Sandusky's appeals lawyer, will talk to the media about his reaction to the report of seven Penn State trustees on the "flawed methodology and conclusions" of the Louis Freeh Report.

"Of course we are gratified that somebody in a position of authority has challenged the Freeh Report, which, of course, we believe was flawed in many ways," Lindsay said in a press release. "I must reluctantly state, however, that there is a significant flaw in the A7 Report. The Report accepts as gospel that Jerry Sandusky actually did these things. So much of what is wrong in the Freeh Report and the A7 response, is that we are operating under that paradigm. Of course, it is our position from day one that Jerry Sandusky is absolutely innocent of the charges and was convicted of the various counts only by a very flawed criminal trial."

Also appearing with Lindsay will be John Snedden, a former NCIS special agent who conducted a contemporaneous but previously unknown federal investigation on the Penn State campus for six months in 2012 and found no official cover up.

In the press release, Snedden described previous investigations at Penn State as "politically motivated, agenda-driven, and collusive."

"What does that previously unknown concurrent and independent federal investigation have to say about this whole mess?" Snedden said in the press release. "Monday at 10 a.m. be there."

The press conference will be held at The Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, 1357 East College Avenue, State College PA.

Also appearing at the press conference will be Ralph Cipriano of bigtrial.net. Cipriano will talk about how confidential documents show that the entire board of trustees at Penn State paid out $118 million to 36 alleged victims of Sandusky -- an average of $3.3 million each -- without having those alleged victims questioned by lawyers, forensic psychiatrists or detectives, or subjected to polygraph tests or criminal background checks.

"Easy money," is how Big Trial has described the payouts at Penn State.

Lindsay presently has an appeal before the state Supreme Court on Sandusky's behalf filed under the Post-Conviction Relief Act. "Hopefully, we will be granted a new trial," Lindsay said.

The press conference caps some recent new developments in the so-called Penn State sex scandal. The report done by the trustees on Freeh was recently leaked. The leaking of that report, and perhaps the contents as well, are expected to dominate a meeting of the full board of trustees at Penn State today.

Meanwhile, former Penn State president Graham Spanier, who was the subject of Snedden's investigation, yesterday lost his appeal to the state Supreme Court of his conviction of one count of endangering the welfare of a child. As a result of the appeal, Spanier may be headed to jail to serve a sentence of two months, followed by two months of home confinement.

POSTED BY RALPH CIPRIANO AT <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://www.bigtrial.net/2019/02/press-conference-in-happy-valley.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link" style="color: rgb(153, 153, 153); text-decoration-line: none;"><abbr class="published" title="2019-02-22T09:40:00-05:00" style="border: none;">9:40 AM</abbr>

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2019/02/press-conference-in-happy-valley.html#DyfAWQ4fzSVDw07j.99[/FONT]

Tokens
'This Is Not Going to Go Away.' Sandusky's Attorney Discusses Continued Pursuit of New Trial, Alumni Trustee Report

by Geoff Rushton on February 25, 2019 3:22 PM

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button-rendered" title="Twitter Follow Button" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.704fca4914c9b90d7a9d41abcaa19933.en.html#dnt=false&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&screen_name=geoffrushton&show_count=false&show_screen_name=true&size=m&time=1551145289647" data-screen-name="geoffrushton" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 138px; height: 20px;"></iframe>

Click photo for gallery

Jerry Sandusky's post-conviction attorney said he will continue to pursue a new trial for his client and that if a new one is granted, he believes he will prove Sandusky's innocence.
Attorney Al Lindsay spoke at a press conference Monday at the Country Inn & Suites in State College, where he was joined by a former federal investigator, a longtime colleague and friend of Sandusky and an investigative journalist.
The press conference was spurred by a few recent developments. Earlier this month, Pennsylvania Superior Court granted a re-sentencing for Sandusky, but denied his request for a new trial for the former Penn State football assistant coach, who was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison after being convicted in 2012 on 45 counts related to child sexual abuse. Lindsay said he will now petition the state Supreme Court for a new trial, and if that is denied will take it to federal court.
"Anybody who thinks this thing can be suppressed and suppressed and is going to go away, I have two words for you: dream on," Lindsay said. "This is not going to go away. Thirty years from now there will be books written about this [asking] ‘How did our system go so wrong?’"
Last week, meanwhile, seven Penn State alumni trustees' review of the Freeh Reportwas leaked and offered a highly critical look at the university-commissioned investigation and conclusions of former FBI director Louis Freeh's team.
Lindsay praised the report for its insight but said it was flawed because it accepted the premise that Sandusky committed the crimes for which he was convicted. The report, he said, refers to the concept of a "pillar of the community pedophile," who uses his stature to prey on children and dupe other adults.
"To be that type of pedophile, you have to be a very conniving, secretive person," Lindsay said. "In the report, they state themselves that Jerry Sandusky is like a big kid. Those of us who know Jerry well, the idea that he could keep anything secret is ridiculous. This guy is as open as you could possibly imagine... Too many people know Jerry Sandusky and they’ve been intimidated and cowed and [are] afraid to say this is impossible that he could have committed these crimes."
The alumni trustees' report said Freeh's team was compromised by collaboration with the state attorney general's office and the NCAA and ignored critical evidence to conclude that former President Graham Spanier, Athletic Director Tim Curley, Senior Vice President Gary Schultz and Coach Joe Paterno knew about Sandusky's actions and covered them up.
The accusations against Paterno and the administrators stemmed from former football assistant Mike McQueary's 2001 report of seeing Sandusky with a boy in a locker room shower. That incident also was a key piece of the prosecution's case against Sandusky. The former administrators said they had not been told of sexual contact, and McQueary has testified that while he believes what he saw was sexual, he did not explicitly describe it as rape, as was stated in a grand jury presentment.
"We like to say McQueary is the Christmas tree upon which all the ornaments were hung," Lindsay said. "[He] is very, very vulnerable to good cross-examination because there were so many different versions of the McQueary testimony."
Lindsay criticized Sandusky's trial attorney, Joe Amendola, for numerous alleged missteps, actions which have formed the basis of Sandusky's post-conviction relief appeal. Among those, Lindsay said Amendola handed off cross-examination of McQueary at trial at the last minute to co-counsel Karl Rominger.
"Karl Rominger had an hour to prepare that cross-examination, the most significant cross-examination maybe in the history of American jurisprudence," Lindsay said. "That’s the kind of ineffective trial counsel Mr. Sandusky had in this case."
The boy at the center of the shower incident was not identified at trial, but Lindsay has argued throughout appeals that he did come forward and first said nothing happened, then retained a lawyer and received a monetary settlement from the university. Lindsay said both prosecutors and Amendola agreed not to identify him at trial.
The alumni trustees' report cites former NCIS agent John Snedden's investigation to determine if Spanier should maintain high-level federal security clearance for potential government work. Snedden, who spoke on Monday, found no wrongdoing by Spanier and has been critical of Freeh's investigation as well.
But, Lindsay said, the alumni trustees report does not note that Snedden's investigation concluded Sandusky had done nothing criminal.
"There was no cover up. There was no conspiracy," Snedden said. "There was nothing to cover up."
Snedden said his investigation led him to believe that Freeh's report was pre-determined "to satisfy his clients and handlers," and was used to justify decisions made by the Penn State Board of Trustees.
"It is abundantly clear now Freeh was not interested in any exculpatory information as it would adversely impact his already written pre-determined conclusions," said Snedden, who also questioned McQueary's credibility as a witness and the political motivations of the attorney general's office and former Gov. Tom Corbett.
Former Penn State assistant coach Dick Anderson, who worked alongside Sandusky for decades, described his own experience of being interviewed by Freeh's team, which told him the interview would not be recorded and he could not have access to any notes taken. He said he was met with leading statements such as "We hear that Joe Paterno runs everything at this university." Anderson said the perception of Paterno having an outsize or improper influence on university operations was far from the truth.
Anderson added that while he was not personally threatened or bullied by Freeh investigators, he knew many others who were, some to the point of tears.
"Louie Freeh was deceptive and dishonest," Anderson said. "He hurt many people and a great institution with a false narrative."
Investigative reporter Ralph Cipriano, a former Los Angeles Times and Philadelphia Inquirer writer who has covered the Sandusky case in depth on BigTrial.net, said the alumni trustees report "just scratches the surface of the scandal behind the scandal at Penn State."
That, he said, is the university's payment of $118 million to 36 people who said they were abused by Sandusky. Those claimants were not interviewed, deposed or subjected to background checks, he said.
Cipriano cited his conversations with a former FBI agent who privately investigated more than 150 abuse cases for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and noted several "red flags" in the Penn State case. He said those included that for the 36 claims of abuse over four decades, there were no contemporaneous complaints, that stories changed frequently and that much-criticized repressed memory therapy seemed to be used to recall the incidents.
He also said that Sandusky's medical records show multiple ailments and genetic conditions that would make it unlikely Sandusky would be sexually aggressive.
Cipriano said "we in the media often get sex abuse wrong," and that the Sandusky case has been "a journalistic disaster."
Lindsay said the case in the media was built on the earliest stories and that he challenges journalists to look into it more closely.
"This is one heck of a story about how all of this happened," Lindsay said. "My deal is to challenge the media. OK that was a story. You built on a narrative. But we need to start a new narrative, that the whole doggone thing is preposterous. It’s a horror story and it deserves attention." http://www.statecollege.com/news/lo...t-of-new-trial-alumni-trustee-report,1479399/

Tokens
3/9/19, 9:34 PM
Iconic Former College Football Head Coach, Assistant Coach and player: “The Cat is Out of the Bag” Big Trial | Philadelphia Trial Blog: Dick Anderson: 'The Cat Is Out Of The Bag

http://www.bigtrial.net/2019/03/the-cat-is-out-of-bag.html

[h=3]Dick Anderson: 'The Cat Is Out Of The Bag'[/h][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
<iframe allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" class="b-hbp-video b-uploaded" frameborder="0" height="266" id="BLOGGER-video-f195e24e39445cc6-5270" mozallowfullscreen="mozallowfullscreen" src="https://www.blogger.com/video.g?token=AD6v5dw480lzfDvDDivUAtlTNHnluF4iSmSkUpNy43Sy_QKU7D3Ir-BR208_jbOmuZURaNSm-DSmp8ZWqv5dMcunliNzIOV_-yKEh1MvsB3viGcouulilKyLPvBiu0dT1-9HpFSPMBE" webkitallowfullscreen="webkitallowfullscreen" width="320"></iframe>​
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2019/03/the-cat-is-out-of-bag.html#7WdK4EZ9Km4DXyxS.99[/FONT]

Tokens
I wish other former PSU coaches and players had as big of balls as Dick Anderson.

Dick Anderson's address to the Penn State Board of Trustees
Since comments to the BOT are no longer public, I thought that some bwi readers would be interested in former coach Dick Anderson's comments to the BOT this past week. Here they are.

On Nov. 9, 2011, Joe Paterno was fired by the Board of Trustees without due process, despite his 61 years of unparalleled service to this University and this community. The Board, confused and conflicted, was influenced by a vengeful Governor Corbett and a trustee with a personal vendetta that high-jacked its leadership. In addition, there was a bold-faced lie written by PA Prosecutor Jonelle Eshbach.

The Board, fearing the NCAA, and lacking experience from within, jumped outside the University for counsel. They neglected to seek advice from PSU Professsor John Coyle, an internationally recognized logistics expert, who was the Faculty Representative to the NCAA for 30 years, and John Bove, who served as Penn State’s Compliance Coordinator for 14 years. Both men had intimate knowledge and personal relationships with the NCAA.

The NCAA, not sure of their own standing on this matter, bluffed the University with the help of the Freeh Group and a lying and leaking Attorney General’s Office. It is important to note that Mark Emmert was told by his own staff not to get involved – this was not in their jurisdiction! Eventually the NCAA accepted the Freeh Report in place of their own investigation and levied one of the harshest sanctions in their history on Penn State.

On August 28, 2012, a statement of past Chairs of the Penn State Faculty Senate was released. This ad-hoc group of 30 faculty members wrote the following:

As a document in which evidence, facts, and logical arguments are marshaled to support conclusions and recommendations, the Freeh Report fails badly. Not only are the assertions about the Penn State culture unproven, but we declare them to be FALSE.

John Snedden, an NCIS investigator, was sent by the Federal government to investigate President Spanier and the alleged cover-up. He concluded that there was no crime and therefore NO COVER UP.

The A-7 report was a breath of fresh air. It exposed the Freeh Report for what it is – dishonest, deceitful, and geared to fulfill a narrative.

In the end, the Freeh Report provided the impetus for the extreme NCAA sanctions, the incarceration of 2 outstanding administrators, the dismissal of another, the prosecution of President Spanier, the vilification of Joe Paterno, and unmeasurable damage to the University, the football program, its coaches, and this community.

By your silence, you have made yourself complicit with the Freeh Report. Many are of the opinion that the money that has been squandered is the underlying factor that prevents the Board from acknowledging the truth. Regardless, the Board and President Barron need to stand up and publicly reject the Freeh Report. Truth, transparency, and integrity are critical to the University’s mission. Embracing the “montra” that time will erase the memory of this catastrophe is false. It will not go away. Ladies and Gentlemen – by the very nature of your position, you control our legacy and future. We have been wronged by many people and are hurting as a result. You can take a big step toward the healing process. Please do the right thing and denounce the Freeh Report.

Tokens
“Thats what Sandusky said”

Interesting since Sandusky had NO BALLS, literally

‘Couldn’t Get an Erection’
In their civil claims of abuse, the 36 alleged victims portray Sandusky as a sexually insatiable predator with the virility of a porn star in his 20s. According to the claims, mostly from 1995 to 2009, Sandusky was constantly on the prowl for forced sex with boys, and never had any problems achieving an erection. Sandusky’s medical records, however, from 2006 to 2008, depict a man in his 60s suffering from all kinds of ailments and conditions, as well as a possible genetic disorder characterized by small testes and a low sex drive.

A doctor who reviewed Sandusky’s medical records, but asked to remain anonymous, wrote Newsweek in an email, “This guy couldn’t get an erection no matter how he tried. Even Cialis/Viagra would probably not work.” The doctor added that Sandusky should have sued his lawyers for malpractice.
Doctors described Sandusky as having an “androgen deficient state,” meaning he had levels of male sex hormones so low it was unhealthy. Sandusky’s medical records state that he was undergoing “testosterone replacement therapy for significant low levels of both free and total testosterone.” Doctors wrote that Sandusky was also being treated with antibiotics for chronic prostatitis, an inflammation of the prostate commonly caused by bacterial infection that results in frequent and painful urination. Prostatitis can also cause sexual problems such as low ibido, erectile dysfunction, and painful ejaculations.
Sandusky’s chronic prostatitis began in 2005 and continued through 2008, his medical records state. Doctors described Sandusky as being “light-headed” and suffering “dizziness” from using Flomax, which he began taking in 2006, because he was having trouble urinating.
In addition to his urological problems, Sandusky’s medical records list many ailments that raise the question of whether Sandusky was healthy and energetic enough to be out having rampant, promiscuous sex with all those boys. Sandusky’s ailments include cysts on one of his kidneys, a small aneurysm in his brain, a 2006 hernia operation, bleeding hemorrhoids, chest pains, headaches, drowsiness, elevated blood pressure, and sleep apnea. He was on thyroid medication when he went to the doctors and told them he began “falling apart” in 2005. By 2008, his doctors wrote, Sandusky reported he was falling asleep at the wheel and gotten involved in two car accidents.
The medical records also describe an obvious and distinctive feature of Sandusky’s anatomy never mentioned in the testimony of eight victims at the criminal trial, nor in any of the 36 civil claims filed by alleged victims. On February 2,2006, Dr. Frank B. Mahon at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, who was treating the 62-year-old Sandusky for chronic prostatitis, wrote that Sandusky had “small” testicles of “perhaps 2 cm” or centimeters each, which equals .787 of an inch. The average size of adult testicles are between two and three inches.
On December 18, 2008, another doctor at the Hershey Medical Center wrote that the 6-foot-1 210-pound former coach, nearly 65, had “marked testicular atrophy with very little palpable testicular tissue.”
In stark contrast to the way he is portrayed in the claims against him, people who have observed Sandusky in close quarters describe him as an anomaly in the hyper-macho world of football coaches, saying he comes across as asexual. There may be genetic reasons for that. Sandusky’s medical records state that as a boy, he had “delayed development of secondary sexual characteristics” that required shots, but they don’t say what kind of shots. Sandusky told his doctors he was “unable to have children” because his “sperm counts were low.”
His medical records state that Sandusky suffered from hypothyroidism, (underactive thyroid) as well as hypogonadism, meaning his body didn’t produce enough testosterone to maintain good health. Sandusky was also said to be suffering from “possible Klinefelter’s syndrome,” a genetic disorder where males have an extra X chromosome, resulting in small testicles, infertility, low production of testosterone, a low sperm count or a complete inability to produce sperm, hypogonadism, reduced muscle mass and a prevalence for sexual dysfunction, such as a low sex drive and erectile dysfunction.
The genetic condition affects 1 in 500 males, usually men who are tall at puberty. Sandusky, 74, born in 1944, is listed in his medical records as 6-1. Amazingly, Sandusky has never been tested to see if he has Klinefelter’s syndrome, although his lawyers are now pursuing a DNA test in prison.
The medical records, which date from 2006 to 2008, cover the same time period during which key trial accusers Aaron Fisher and Sabastian Paden claimed they were being raped hundreds of times by Sandusky.
At his trial, Sandusky’s lawyers never used his medical records in his defense, probably because they didn’t have time to even read boxes of grand jury testimony, or serve subpoenas on witnesses. Sandusky’s appeal lawyers similarly weren’t familiar with those records until they were turned over by Dottie Sandusky to Newsweek.
"I was shocked to receive this evidence at this late date,” Al Lindsay, Sandusky’s appeal lawyer, said. “The medical records seem to indicate that there is an anomaly in his [Sandusky’s] anatomy which, if these various sexual acts actually happened, would be obvious to any of these supposed victims. None of this ever was mentioned in any of proceedings, that he had this anomaly. The failure of any of these supposed victims to mention this, particularly in light of the fact that many of them were communicating with each other, is certainly strong evidence that they are not telling the truth.”
In prison, Sandusky’s lawyer said, he is on a half-dozen medications, including continuing testosterone replacement therapy, and Terazosin for continuing prostate infections.
There’s another angle to the story of Sandusky’s medical records--of the 36 alleged victims who got paid after claiming they were raped and abused hundreds of times by Sandusky, including nine who say Sandusky had engaged in high-risk and apparently unprotected anal sex with them, not one alleged victim has ever asked to see Sandusky’s medical records, to find out whether he had HIV or any venereal disease. Nor has any victim ever sought to have Sandusky tested for any diseases.
“Under normal circumstances, that would be an immediate concern to the victim,” former federal agent Snedden said. He was talking about the medical records of the alleged perpetrator, not only for the
criminal case, but also for any civil case, because those records might potentially up the damages. But in the Penn State case, none of the alleged victims “ever pursued any of Sandusky’s medical records,” Snedden said. “You have to ask why.”

Tokens
Are you kidding me? NCAA Hires Louis Freeh:

BigTrial.net

It took him nine years to get there, but former FBI Director Louis Freeh is right where he always wanted to be. This week, after nine years of trying, Freeh and some of his friends were finally hired as the "go-to investigators" for the scandal-plagued NCAA.

According to a reportfrom CBS Sports yesterday, five employees of the Freeh Group International Solutions were among the 16 independent investigators appointed to the NCAA's new Complex Case Unit.

According to the NCAA, the new unit will be paid to investigate allegations of infractions of "core NCAA values, such as alleged failures to prioritize academics and the well-being of student athletes; the possibility of major penalties; or conduct contrary to the cooperative principles of the existing infractions process."

Freeh, of course, shows up at his new post with plenty of baggage from his notoriously bungled investigation of Penn State, which was the basis for draconian sanctions issued against the university by the NCAA.

A confidential review of Freeh's report, done by seven Penn State trustees and leaked to the media in February, found that the $8.3 million Freeh Report on PSU was tainted by bias, factual mistakes, and faulty opinions dressed up as facts. The trustees also ripped the Freeh Report for its "flawed methodology & conclusions," as well as Freeh himself, for not disclosing a personal conflict of interest, namely that he was using his supposedly independent investigation of Penn State as leverage to get hired as the "go-to investigators" for the NCAA.

Freeh's alleged conflict of interest was laid out in internal emails that the trustees had access to, among the so-called "source materials" for the Freeh Report, thousands of pages of documents that are still confidential due to a judge's order. But the trustees' report publicized some of the revelations in the source materials.

Such as, back on July 7, 2012, a week before the release of the Freeh Report on Penn State, Omar McNeill, a senior investigator for Freeh, wrote to Freeh and one of his partners at the firm. Freeh and his staff apparently saw the Penn State investigation as an opportunity to land a client with deep pockets, and plenty of other scandals to reign in.

"This has opened up an opportunity to have the dialogue with [NCAA President Mark] Emmert about possibly being the go to internal investigator for the NCAA," McNeill wrote. "It appears we have Emmert's attention now."

In response, Freeh wrote back, "Let's try to meet with him and make a deal -- a very good cost contract to be the NCAA's 'go to investigators' -- we can even craft a big discounted rate given the unique importance of such a client. Most likely he will agree to a meeting -- if he does not ask for one first."

It was a ploy that finally paid off this week. But according to the Penn State trustees' report, Freeh had begun casting his eyes on the NCAA as a potential client a few years earlier.

"Freeh's Group began speculating in January of 2010 about ways to get business from the NCAA," the trustees wrote. It began when Freeh noted in writing NCAA President Emmert's comments that he "intends to increase enforcement actions by adding new investigative resources."

It was "an ideal time to launch" a business development plan, Freeh wrote, that would offer the NCAA the services of the Freeh Group for "athletic compliance and investigations."

"Documents outlining their services offer a view into their early perspectives on their investigative approach," the trustees wrote, "including a focus on assessing 'the student-athlete culture' and a comment about 'typical corruption issues which fall into our sweet-spot.'"

The PSU trustees, however, wound up panning the Freeh Report on Penn State.

"We found no support for the Freeh Report's conclusion that Joe Paterno, Graham Spanier, Tim Curley or Gary Schultz knew that Sandusky had harmed children," the trustees wrote.

"We found no support for the Freeh Report's conclusion that Penn State's culture was responsible for allowing Sandusky to harm children," the trustees wrote. The Freeh Report, the trustees found, was "rife with investigative and reporting flaws." Freeh's investigators were biased, used "unreliable methods of conducting and analyzing interviews, [and] failed to interview most of the individuals with direct knowledge of the events under investigation."

"Our university paid $8.3 million for an 'independent investigation' that was neither independent nor a fair and though investigation," the trustees concluded.

Alice Pope, a St. John's University professor who is a Penn State trustee, has also publicly voiced concerns about the high degree of "cooperation between the PA Office of Attorney General and Freeh" during their parallel investigations into the Penn State sex abuse scandal.

In an "Executive Summary of Findings" of the internal review of the source materials for the Freeh Report, dated Jan. 8, 2017, Penn State's trustees cited concerns over "interference in Louis Freeh's investigation by the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General."

That interference was defined in the executive summary as: "information gathered in the criminal investigations of Penn State officials" that was "improperly (and perhaps illegally) shared with Louis Freeh and his team."

When I askedFreeh, as a private citizen during his Penn State probe, whether he authorized to have access to grand jury secrets, the former FBI director through a spokesperson declined comment.

A spokesperson for the NCAA did not initially respond to a request for comment about how they could hire a long-standing conflict of interest like Freeh.

Tokens
Wheres the apology? Wheres the Statue?

"Many differing reports and statements have been issued with respect to the events that have unfolded at Penn State over the last decade. Many of those reports and statements, including the Freeh Report, contain opinions about individuals and matters that are not shared by the University. "

https://news.psu.edu/story/609316/2...PxvDb_9Eu9ILwa9IQuC1hzjK_DRkpR9zG3KS0Uu1w4LR4

Malcolm Gladwell:
Today Penn State settled with the Paterno family, calling the Freeh Report—which dragged Paterno into the Sandusky mess—filled with “opinions...not shared by the university.” Time to put the statue back up?

The whole case is a joke

Philadelphia Inquirer 2/20/20. Finally Fina takes a hit.

High court suspends Sandusky prosecutor ( you mean the only guy involved in the case where Porn was actually found on his computer? That guy? )

The state Supreme Court on Wednesday suspended former state prosecutor Frank Fina from practicing law for a year and a day, ruling that he violated ethical rules in his investigation of Pennsylvania State University’s former president for covering up child abuse.

http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Ol...mu3AIr_Lmvw1SlpFLPB37BEtKM2CaBwbjT8p363gmagdY

Tokens
WEDNESDAY, MAY 13, 2020

Sandusky Seeks New Trial Based On Fina-Freeh Collusion, Leaks

Kathleen McChesney

<tbody>
</tbody>
By Ralph Cipriano
for BigTrial.net

Lawyers for Jerry Sandusky have filed a motion for a new trial based on newly discovered evidence that documents rampant collusion between the criminal investigation of the Penn State sex scandal conducted by the state attorney general's office and the supposedly independent $8 million civil investigation of PSU presided over by former FBI Director Louis Freeh.

Throughout the Freeh investigation, which was the legal basis for the NCAA's unprecedented sanctions imposed against Penn State that included a record $60 million fine, there were "substantial communications" between the AG's office and Freeh's investigators, the motion states. Those communications included a steady stream of leaks to Freeh's investigators emanating from the supposedly secret grand jury probe overseen by former Deputy Attorney General Frank Fina, a noted bad actor in this case.

The collusion and leaks between the AG's office and the Freeh Group are documented in three sets of confidential records filed under seal by Sandusky's lawyers; all those records, however, were previously disclosed on Big Trial. The records include a private 79-page diary kept by former FBI Special Agent Kathleen McChesney, the co-leader of the Freeh investigation, in 2011 and 2012; a seven-page "Executive Summary of Findings" of a 2017 confidential review of the Freeh Report conducted by seven Penn State trustees; and a 25-page synopsis of the evidence gleaned by the trustees in 2017 after a review of the so-called "source materials" for the Freeh Report still under judicial seal.

In documents filed Saturday in state Superior Court, Sandusky's lawyers argued in their motion for a new trial that the collusion that existed between the AG and Freeh amounted to a "de facto joint investigation" that not only violated state law regarding grand jury secrecy, but also tainted one of the jurors who convicted Sandusky.

Juror 0990

According to the motion for a new trial, "Juror 0990" was a Penn State employee who was interviewed by Freeh's investigators before she was sworn in as a juror at the Sandusky trial.

"At no time during this colloquy, or any other time, did the prosecution disclose that it was working in collaboration with the Freeh Group which interviewed the witness," lawyers Philip Lauer and Alexander Lindsay Jr. argue in the 31-page motion filed on Sandusky's behalf.

At jury selection, Joseph Amendola, Sandusky's trial lawyer, had no knowledge "about the degree of collaboration" ongoing between the AG's office and Freeh investigators, Sandusky's appeal lawyers wrote. Had he known, Amendola stated in an affidavit quoted in the motion for a new trial, Amendola would have "very likely stricken her for cause, or at a minimum, used one of my preemptory strikes to remove her as a potential juror."

Had he known the AG and Freeh Group were working in tandem, Amendola stated in an affidavit, he would have also quizzed all other potential jurors about any interaction with investigators from the Freeh Group. And he "would have sought discovery of all materials and statements obtained by the Freeh Group regarding the Penn State/Sandusky investigation."

Coercive Tactics By Freeh's Investigators

In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's lawyers describe the hardball tactics employed by Freeh's investigators as detailed in a seven-page June 29, 2018 report from the Penn State trustees who investigated the so-called source materials for the Freeh Report. In their report, seven trustees state that "multiple individuals have approached us privately to tell us they were subjected to coercive tactics when interviewed by Freeh's investigators."

"Investigators shouted, were insulting, and demanded that interviewees give them specific information," the seven trustees wrote, such as, "Tell me that Joe Paterno knew Sandusky was abusing kids!"

"Some interviewees were told they could not leave until they provided what the interviewers wanted, even when interviewees protested that this would require them to lie," the trustees wrote. Some individuals were called back by Freeh's investigators for multiple interviews, where the same questions were repeated, and the interviewees were told they were being "uncooperative for refusing to untruthfully agree with interviewers' statements."

"Those employed by university were told their cooperation was a requirement for keeping their jobs," the trustees wrote. And that being labeled "uncooperative" by Freeh's investigators was "perceived as a threat against their employment."

Indeed, the trustees wrote, "one individual indicated that he was fired for failing to tell the interviewers what they wanted to hear."

"Coaches are scared of their jobs," the trustees quoted another interviewee as saying.

"Presumably," Sandusky's lawyers wrote, as a Penn State employee, "Juror number 0990 was subject to this type of coercion."

Sandusky's Lawyers Seek To Depose Freeh, Fina

In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's lawyers ask the Superior Court for permission to conduct an evidentiary hearing so that Sandusky's lawyers could learn the depth of the collaboration that existed between the AG's office and Freeh's investigators.

At that evidentiary hearing, Sandusky's lawyers wrote, they would seek to depose Freeh, McChesney, and other Freeh investigators that include Gregory Paw and Omar McNeil. Sandusky's lawyers also seek to interview former deputy attorney generals Frank Fina, Jonelle Eshbach and Joseph McGettigan, as well as former AG agents Anthony Sassano and Randy Feathers.

According to the motion, the communications on the part of the AG's office "appear to have included information, and even testimony, from the special investigating grand jury then in session, which communications would be in direct violation of grand jury secrecy rules, and would subject the participants in the Attorney General's office to sanctions."

Sandusky's lawyers are also seeking disclosure of all of the so-called source materials for the Freeh Report. Those records, as previously mentioned, are still under seal in the ongoing cover-up of the scandal behind the Penn State scandal, as led by the stonewalling majority on the Penn State board of trustees.

Sandusky, 75, was re-sentenced on appeal last November to serve 30 to 60 years in prison for sexually abusing ten boys, the same sentence he originally got after he was convicted in 2012 on 45 counts of sex abuse.

According to a Dec. 2, 2011, letter of engagement, Freeh was formally hired by Penn State to "perform an independent, full and complete investigation of the recently publicized allegation of sexual abuse."

But instead of an independent investigation, the confidential documents show that the AG's office was hopelessly intertwined with the AG's criminal investigation, tainting both probes. According to the confidential documents, the AG's office was supplying secret grand jury transcripts and information to Freeh's investigators, along with trading information on common witnesses and collaborating on strategy.

The records also show that former deputy Attorney General Fina was in effect directing the Freeh Group's investigation by telling Freeh's investigators which witnesses they could interview, and when. In return, Freeh's investigators shared what they were learning during their investigation with Fina. And when they were done, Freeh's investigators showed the deputy AG their report before it was made public.

The Pennsylvania Railroad

In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's lawyers argue that their client's constitutional rights were trampled under the mad rush to save Penn State's storied football program from the NCAA's threat to impose the "death penalty" on the Nittany Lions.

To save Penn State football, the NCAA and Penn State's trustees had worked out a consent decree with voluntary sanctions. The consent decree, which called for the university's unconditional surrender, required that two things happen by the opening of the 2012 college football season to save Penn State football: Jerry Sandusky had to be convicted and the Freeh Report needed to be released.

Sandusky was indicted by a grand jury on Nov. 5, 2011, the details of which were leaked to reporter Sara Ganim of the Patriot-News of Harrisburg.

On Nov. 21, 2011, Penn Stated agreed to hire Freeh.

The railroad was running right on schedule. And Judge John Cleland, who presided over Sandusky's trial, demonstrated time and time again that he was willing to sacrifice Sandusky's constitutional rights to keep the trains running on time.

On Dec. 12, 2011, an off-the-record meeting was held at the Hilton Garden Inn at State College, attended by the trial judge, John Cleland, the prosecutors, the defense lawyers, and a district magistrate judge. At the off-the-record hotel meeting, Sandusky's lawyers agreed to waive a preliminary hearing where they would have had their only pre-trial chance to question the eight alleged victims who would testify at trial against Sandusky.

For any defense lawyer, this unusual conference led to a decision that was akin to slitting your own throat. But the defense lawyers were completely overwhelmed by the task of defending their client against ten different accusers, while confined to a blitzkrieg trial schedule.

On Feb. 29, 2012, Amendola sought a two-month delay for the trial that was denied by Judge Cleland.

On the eve of the Sandusky trial, Amendola and his co-counsel, Karl Rominger, made a motion to withdraw as Sandusky's lawyers because, as Amendola told the judge, "We are not prepared to go to trial at this time."

The motion was denied.

In an affidavit, Amendola stated that "no attorney could have effectively represented Mr. Sandusky" given the "time constraints" imposed by Judge Cleland. Amendola stated that in the days and weeks before the Sandusky trial, he was hit with "more than 12,000 pages of discovery."

Those time constraints, Amendola stated, kept two expert forensic psychologists from participating in Sandusky's defense, which would have included reviewing the discovery in the case.

But under Judge Cleland, the Pennsylvania Railroad that Jerry Sandusky was riding on had to stay on schedule. And everybody knew it, including the prosecutors in the AG's office, as well as Freeh's investigators.

In the McChesney diary, on May 10, 2012, she noted in a conference call with Gregory Paw and Omar McNeil, two of Freeh's investigators, that Paw is going to talk to Fina, and that the "judge [is] holding firm on date of trial."

In his affidavit, Amendola, Sandusky's trial lawyer, states that McChesney didn't receive this information from him.

"An obvious question arises as to whether or not the trial judge was communicating with a member of the Freeh Group, attorneys for the attorney general's office, or anyone else concerning the trial date," Sandusky's appeal lawyers wrote.

In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's lawyers seek to question Judge Cleland at an evidentiary hearing "to determine whether, and to what extent, collusion between the office of the attorney general, the Freeh investigation and the NCAA had an impact on the trial."

And "whether, as a result, defendant's right to a fair trial, and the effective assistance of his counsel, were negatively affected or compromised."

Meanwhile, the trains were running on time.

On June 22, 2012, Sandusky was found guilty.

On July 12, 2012, the Freeh report was issued.

On July 23, 2012, NCAA President Mark Emmert and PSU President Rodney Erickson signed a consent decree that imposed sanctions on PSU football program.

Less than two weeks later, on Aug. 6, 2012, the Penn State football team, under new coach Bill O'Brien, gathered at the practice field at University Park for the official start of training camp.

On Sept. 1, l2012, the Nittany Lions played Ohio University at Beaver Stadium in the season opener, lost 24-14, en route to a 8-4 season.

So Penn State saved its football program at the expense of Jerry Sandusky's constitutional rights.

Frank Fina: Leaker, Bad Actor

In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's lawyers cite a history of leaks on grand jury investigations that Fina was the lead prosecutor on.

It began with a partial grand jury transcript in the bonus gate investigation that was leaked to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in 209.

Next, the indictment of Sandusky was leaked to Sara Ganim in 2011.

Finally, the names of four state legislators who allegedly took bribes from Tyron Ali during an undercover operation -- and the amount of money and gifts that they took -- was leaked to The Philadelphia Inquirer in 2014.

According to Sandusky's lawyers, "this form of prosecutorial misconduct" -- leaking -- had become "entrenched and flagrant" in the AG's office. Especially when Frank Fina was in charge of a grand jury investigation.

Fina has previously been disciplined for his overzealous and unprincipled actions in the Penn State investigation.

In February, the state Supreme Court in a 5-1 decision suspended Fina's law license for a year and a day after the state's office of disciplinary counsel found that Fina had improperly obtained grand jury testimony against three former Penn State officials from their own lawyer.

Fina had threatened to indict former Penn State General Counsel Cynthia Baldwin, unless she became a cooperator in the grand jury against her own clients. To pull that off, the disciplinary board found, Fina had to deceive a grand jury judge about his true intentions when he interviewed Baldwin before the grand jury. And he had to browbeat Baldwin to the point where she was willing to betray the attorney-client privilege by testifying against her clients.

For her misconduct in the grand jury investigation of Penn State, the state Supreme Court gave Baldwin, a former state Supreme Court justice, a public reprimand.

McChesney's Diary

McChesney's diary is replete with constant, ongoing communication between Freeh's investigators and the AG's office while bptj investigations were up and running.

For example, in her diary McChesney makes reference to a 1998 police report that the Freeh team should not have had access to. The report was an investigation into the first incident involving Sandusky showering with a child, but the investigation had cleared Sandusky of any wrongdoing.

In her diary, McChesney doesn't mention how the Freeh Group obtained that police report, but three lines later, McChesney wrote: "Records - IT: Team working with Atty general, will receive in stages."

McChesney's diary portrayed Fina as not only leaking grand jury secrets to the Freeh Group, but also being actively involved in directing the Freeh Group's investigation, to the point of saying if and when they could interview certain witnesses.

McChesney recorded that the Freeh Group was going to notify Fina that they wanted to interview Ronald Schreffler, the investigator from Penn State Police who probed the 1998 shower incident. After he was notified, McChesney wrote, "Fina approved interview with Schreffler."

According to McChesney, members of the Freeh Group "don't want to interfere with their investigations," and that she and her colleagues were being "extremely cautious & running certain interviews by them."

McChesney wrote that the Freeh Group even "asked [Deputy Attorney General Frank] Fina to authorize some interviews." And that the AG's office "asked us to stay away from some people, ex janitors, but can interview" people from the Second Mile, Sandusky's charity.

In her diary, McChesney speculated about the need to have somebody "handle, organize, channel data" from the attorney general's office. GP, she wrote, presumably, Greg Paw, discussed "Piggyback on AG investigation re: docs."

In her diary, McChesney is also extremely knowledgable about what the AG was up to during its supposedly secret grand jury investigation of Penn State. She described the "AG's strategies: may go to new coach to read riot act to [Penn State Associate Athletic Director Fran] Ganter et al."

On March 7, 2012, McChesney wrote that the Freeh Group continued to be in "close communications with AG and USA," as in the U. S. Attorney.

On March 30, 2012, Greg Paw related to McChesney what he learned during a call with Frank Fina. Fina, according to Paw, was "relooking at [Penn State President Graham] Spanier," and that Fina was "not happy with University & cooperation but happy to have 2001 email."

She also knew that the grand jury judge was "not happy with" Penn State Counsel Cynthia Baldwin," specifically "what she [Baldwin] said about representing the university."

In the grand jury proceedings, Baldwin asserted that she had represented the university, and not Penn State President Graham Spanier, Athletic Director Tim Curley, and Penn State Vice-President Gary Schultz. Apparently, the grand jury judge had a problem with that, McChesney wrote.

Freeh's investigators also interviewed Baldwin on several occasions.

Baldwin's grand jury testimony was described by McChesney in her diary as "inconsistent statements." McChesney also noted that "we are getting" copies "of the transcripts."

And the grand jury transcripts on Baldwin weren't the only documents the AG's office was sharing with Freeh's investigators. On April 2, 2012, McChesney recorded being notified by fellow investigator McNeill that "AG documents received re: Curley and Schultz."

In her diary, McChesney continued to log grand jury secrets that not even the defendants in the Penn State case were aware of.

On April 16, 2012, McChesney recorded "next week more grand jury," and that Spanier would be charged. She added that Spanier's lawyer didn't "seem to suspect" that Spanier was going to be arrested. She also recorded that Spanier's lawyer "wants access to his emails," but that Fina did not want Spanier "to see 2001 email chain," where Penn State administrators talked about how to handle Sandusky and his habit of showering with children.

McChesney wrote that the grand jury was meeting on April 25th, and that an indictment of Spanier might come as soon as two days later. She also recorded that Fina "wants to question [people]; then it turns into perjury," which McChesney noted was "not fair to the witness."

More Frank Fina Leaks

On April 19, 2012, Paw "spoke with Fina," and was advised that the deputy attorney general "does not want Spanier or other [defendants] to see documents; next 24 hours are important for case & offered to re-visit over weekend re: sharing documents."

McChesney further recorded that "attys and AG's office staffs are talking & still looking to charge Spanier." Paw, she wrote, was scheduled to meet with Spanier's lawyer tomorrow, and that "Fina said the 4 of them [including Wendell Courtney] are really in the mix." McChesney was presumably referring to Spanier, Curley, Schultz and Courtney, then a Penn State counsel.

The emails from the trio of Penn State administrators, McChesney wrote, would be "released in a [grand jury] presentment and charging documents."

The night before Spanier was arrested, Paw sent an email to his colleagues at the Freeh Group, advising them of the imminent arrest.

The subject of Paw's email: "CLOSE HOLD -- Important."

"PLEASE HOLD VERY CLOSE," Paw wrote his colleagues at the Freeh Group. "[Deputy Attorney General Frank] Fina called tonight to tell me that Spanier is to be arrested tomorrow, and Curley and Schultz re-arrested, on charges of obstruction of justice and related charges . . . Spanier does not know this information yet, and his lawyers will be advised about an hour before the charges are announced tomorrow."

Other members of the state attorney general's office were helpful to Freeh's investigators. McChesney wrote that investigator Sasssano divulged that he brought in the son of Penn State trustee Steve Garban because "he had info re [Jerry Sandusky] in shower." The AG's office also interviewed interim Penn State football coach Tom Bradley about his predecessor, Joe Paterno and the 1998 shower incident.

"Bradley was more open & closer to the truth," McChesney wrote, "but still holding back."

On April 26, 2012, McChesney noted in her diary that "police investigators have interviewed 44 janitors, 200+ victims." On May 1, 2012, she wrote that Fina told them that "Spanier brings everyone in on Saturday." Fina also told the Freeh Group that he found out from Joan Coble, Schultz's administrative assistant, and her successor, Kim Belcher, that "there was a Sandusky file," and that it supposedly "was sacrosanct and secret."

McChesney recorded that Fina told the Freeh Group that one of Schultz's administrative assistants "got a call on her way to work on Monday from Schultz." She was told she had to surrender keys, presumably to the locked file. "She's emotional," McChesney wrote. " She may have been sleeping w Schultz."

Both Coyle and Belcher got immunity to testify against Schultz. Meanwhile, there were several leakers on Schultz's supposedly secret file that he was keeping on Sandusky. As McChesney recorded in her diary, "Fina got papers from two different sources."

The cooperation between the attorney general's office and Freeh's investigators went both ways.

When Freeh's investigators, including McChesney, interviewed Penn State counsel Baldwin and learned somebody else in the attorney general's office was leaking her information, they knew they had to tell Fina.

"Paw: didn't tell Fina that Baldwin heard @ the charges before they happened, but will tell him that," McChesney wrote. Baldwin, McChesney added, told Freeh's investigators that "a colleague in the AG's office leaked that Curly, Schultz and Sandusky would be charged," and that Spanier "was stunned."

Emails From The Source Materials

From the get-go, the prospect of Freeh's investigators working in tandem with the AG's office was laid out in emails circulated among Freeh's investigators.

"If we haven't, we should make certain that we determine the utility of looking into all the same areas of interest raised by the AG in the subpoenas, to ensure that we do not get 'scooped' [borrowing Louie's term used in connection with the recent federal subpoena]," Omar McNeill, a senior investigator for the Freeh Group, wrote his colleagues on Feb. 8, 2012.

"I think that we are delving into most of the same areas, but I am not sure at all," McNeil wrote.

"I want to make sure that we are comfortable that we have an understanding of all the areas the AG has inquired about in subpoenas [or otherwise if our contacts at the AG have provided us other insights] that we can state when asked -- as we certainly will be -- that we made a conscious, strategic decision as to whether to pursue those same lines of inquiry in some form," McNeill wrote.

Another term for those grand jury "insights" gleaned from our "contacts at the AG" -- leaks.

In a June 6, 2012 email, written a month before Freeh released his report on Penn State, Paw informed the other members of the Freeh Group about the feedback that Fina was getting from the grand jury.

"He [Fina] said that the feedback he received from jurors was that they wanted someone to take a 'fire hose' to Penn State and rinse away the bad that happened there. He [Fina] said that he still looked forward to a day when Baldwin would be ‘led away in cuffs,’ and he said that day was going to be near for Spanier.”

The cooperation between the Freeh Group and the AG's office continued to go both ways. On June 26, 2012, Gregory Paw told Fina that the Louie Freeh report would be out by the week of July 13th.

Fina agreed to keep it confidential, and then, according to Paw, "He [Fina] also said that he was willing to sit with us and talk to the extent he can before the report is released if we wished for any feedback," Paw wrote.

Tokens
TUESDAY, MAY 26, 2020 Sure Sign Of The Apocalypse: Truth Leaking Out At Penn State

The mainstream media doesn't think it's a story yet but the Penn State sex abuse scandal is about to blow wide open.

So far, during the entire sordid 10-year-history of this case, the corrupt Pennsylvania judiciary has been remarkably single-minded as well as highly successful in its desire to have Jerry Sandusky rot in prison for the rest of his days. And that corrupt judiciary has been even more remarkable -- and similarly successful -- in circling the wagons over the years to deny any and all appeals. That's despite overwhelming evidence of rampant official misconduct and wholesale trampling of constitutional rights that pervades the entire case.

But on Feb. 5, 2019, state Superior Court Judge Carolyn Nichols wrote a 70-page opinion denying Sandusky a new trial, an opinion she foolishly staked to the credibility of former Deputy Attorney General Frank Fina.

In her opinion, the Hon. Judge Nichols bought former Deputy Attorney General Jonelle Eshbach's argument that she and Fina had set an "internal trap" for the person in their office who was leaking grand jury secrets to reporter Sara Ganim. The gullible Judge Nichols also bought the argument that Fina couldn't have been the leaker because he had previously asked the grand jury judge to investigate those same leaks.

"It is a fact of human nature that one engaged in or aware of misconduct he does not wish to have exposed does not ask an outside source to investigate it," Judge Nichols opined. She didn't mention this in her 70-page opinion, but she's probably also convinced that O.J. Simpson is still out looking for the real killers. That's how laughable Judge Nichols's opinion is right now after Frank Fina has been completely outed as an overzealous and unprincipled prosecutor with a demonstrated track record for leaking grand jury secrets.

Since Judge Nichols wrote her august opinion based on the credibility of Frank Fina, the state Supreme Court on Feb. 19th voted unanimously to suspend Fina's law license for a year and a day. The state's high court made that decision after Fina was found guilty by the court's disciplinary board for "reprehensible" and "inexcusable" misconduct in his grand jury questioning of former Penn State counsel Cynthia Baldwin.

Baldwin was the lawyer for three high-level Penn State administrators under investigation by Fina, in his overzealous Penn State probe. The disciplinary board found that Fina was so out of control in his pursuit of the Penn State administrators that he actually browbeat Baldwin into becoming a grand jury witness who flipped and testified against her three clients -- former Penn State President Graham Spanier, former Penn State Vice President Gary Schultz, and former Penn State Athletic Director Tim Curley -- without telling her clients she had thrown them to the wolves.

The disciplinary board also found that in order to get Baldwin, a former state Supreme Court justice, to breach the attorney-client privilege, Fina had to lie and hoodwink the grand jury judge about what his real intentions were when he was questioning Baldwin behind closed doors. That's the same gullible grand jury judge -- the Hon. Barry Feudale -- whom Fina asked to investigate the grand jury leaks.

On top of that mess, Sandusky's appeal lawyers are now in possession of a 79-page diary kept by former decorated FBI Agent Kathleen McChesney that records multiple instances of former deputy Attorney General Frank Fina leaking multiple grand jury secrets -- as well as transcripts and other grand jury records -- to McChesney and the other investigators working for former FBI Director Louis Freeh, in his supposedly "independent" investigation of Penn State.

In their motion for a new trial which has gone completely uncovered by the rest of the media, Sandusky's lawyers filed the diary with the court under seal, and asked for permission to convene an evidentiary hearing. Sandusky's lawyers are seeking to drop subpoenas on Freeh, Fina, McChesney, Eshbach and others and question them under oath about the rampant collusion between the two investigations, as outlined in McChesney's diary, that tainted both probes.

How does the Honorable Judge Nichols get around that diary?

In addition to the diary, other newly discovered evidence shows that one of the jurors who convicted Sandusky, a Penn State professor, wasn't being completely candid when Sandusky's trial lawyer asked her what she told Freeh's investigators during a prior interview.

Had Sandusky's lawyer seen the Freeh Group's report of their interview of the juror, they would have discovered that she was a disgruntled employee who was already convinced, based on what she'd read in the newspapers, that Penn State had orchestrated a cover up of Sandusky's alleged crimes with children.

Had Sandusky's lawyer read that report, he would have never allowed the disgruntled and highly opinionated Penn State professor to sit on the jury that convicted Sandusky. And when Joseph Amendola, Sandusky's overwhelmed trial lawyer, was questioning the juror, Frank Fina, sitting over at the prosecutor's table, sat silent. He never divulged that he was collaborating with Freeh's investigators on a regular basis, and may have even had his own copy of the juror's interview with Freeh's investigators.

How does the Hon. Judge Nichols get around an ethical cloud over that juror?

And in the McChesney diary, written by a former FBI agent who rose up the ranks to become the first woman to ever hold the No. 2 job in the bureau, McChesney casually drops the fact that she knows Judge John Cleland isn't going to let anything delay Sandusky's rushed trial date.

How did she know that? In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's appeal lawyers quote an affidavit from Amendola saying it wasn't him who told McChesney. So in their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's appeal lawyers propose subpoenaing Judge Cleland to appear at the evidentiary hearing, so he can explain that situation.

So now we already have an ethical cloud over not only one of the jurors who convicted Sandusky, and we also have a mushroom cloud over Fina, who sat silently while the juror was being questioned. And now we also have an ethical cloud over the trial judge, who was hellbent on convicting Sandusky before the start of the 2012 Penn State football season began, so the NCAA and Penn State could strike a deal on voluntary sanctions that would save the Nittany Lions from the death penalty.

And how does the Hon. Judge Nichols get around that?

Meanwhile, Sandusky's appeal lawyers are seeking to comb through thousands of pages of confidential documents known as the "source materials" for the Freeh Report. These are thousands of pages still under seal as the corrupt majority on the Penn State board of trustees seeks to keep an ongoing cover up in operation.

But every day, more of these documents are being leaked, on the scale of a Frank Fina type operation. And these documents that the Penn State board of trustees would like to keep secret are filled with further proof of the scandal behind the scandal at Penn State.

Much of this information may be exculpatory, as the kind of evidence of prosecutorial misconduct that Judge Nichols said didn't exist when she wrote her boneheaded opinion that denied Sandusky a new trial based on the non-existent, since-shredded credibility of Frank Fina.

Such as on March 12, 2012, when Louie Freeh's investigators got a phone call from Ronald Schreffler, a retired detective with the Penn State University Police Department. Schreffler was the detective who investigated the so-called first shower incident involving Jerry Sandusky and a young boy, back in 1998. It was an investigation of possible sex abuse that multiple authorities subsequently concluded was unfounded.

In the phone call, documented in a report by Richard Sethman, one of Freeh's investigators, Schreffler stated that "it has been clear to him from the beginning that there has been a leak of information in the attorney general's grand jury investigation of Sandusky."

How did Schreffler know that?

"In March of 2011," the report says, "Sara Ganim, a reporter for the Patriot News in Harrisburg came to his residence and asked pointed questions about the 1998 Sandusky investigation," Sethman wrote after his conversation with the retired detective.

"Ganim advised Schreffler that she had a copy of the Pennsylvania State University Police report. She made specific reference to what Schreffler had written in the report. Schreffler asked Ganim how she got a copy of the report but Ganim would not reveal her source."

[But Frank Fina is still out looking for him, a search that could end the next time Fina looks in the bathroom mirror].

Schreffler subsequently told a neighbor who was a retired state police captain "about his encounter with Ganim and of his concern for a leak in the investigation."

On April 4, 2012, Sethman and another Freeh investigator, Tom Cloud, interviewed Schreffler. During the interview, the men at the table discussed the leak to Ganim of the 1998 police report.

"Schreffler stated that he wasn't sure of how information from the 1998 investigation has been leaked to the media but felt that it must be someone involved in the investigation."

Schreffler addd that the media somehow knew that there had been a conflict between the attorney general's office and the state police over whether to include the alleged victim of the 1998 shower incident, identified as Victim No. 6, in the official ranks of Sandusky's alleged victims, which according to Schrefler, "is information that only an insider would know."

In Pennsylvania, however, it can be dangerous to underestimate the level of official corruption. So if the Pennsylvania judiciary succeeds in circling the wagons again, and denying Sandusky's latest bid for a new trial, his only remedy will be, like Graham Spanier, to head to the federal courts, in search of a judge familiar with the U.S. Constitution.

It worked for Spanier, who, as soon as he escaped the corrupt Pennsylvania judiciary, found a federal magistrate who understood the Constitution. He immediately threw out the entire bankrupt case against the former Penn State president that had been ratified by every level of that corrupt Pennsylvania judiciary.

Either way, the truth is leaking out, even amid a news blackout. Because no matter what the courts do, what's in those confidential documents will be shouted all over Big Trial.

More secrets that Frank Fina and Jonelle Eshbach and Louis Freeh and Mark Dambly don't want you to know.

Tracking the truth of the scandal behind the scandal at Penn State has been a lonely vigil. Besides Big Trial, the only media outlet tracking the new developments in the Sandusky case has been Search Warrant, a podcast hosted by three cops.

Big Trial was interviewed on one of those podcasts; Search Warrant has devoted a second podcast to a character witness for Sandusky who had intimate knowledge of a couple of the so-called victims in the case. The character witness also had an interesting story to tell about how one of the prosecutors in the case allegedly attempted to intimidate her after she testified.

In a brief preview of what's coming on future Search Warrant podcasts, John Snedden, a former NCIS special agent, condemned the mainstream media's "failure to follow through on their obligation to be our watchdog."

"We at Search Warrant are currently unraveling the largest case of prosecutorial misconduct you will ever see," Snedden said. He talked about the McChesney diary written by the former FBI agent who "mistakenly thought it would never see the light of day."

"The diary details blatant collusion, corruption, and criminal acts on the part of the prosecution," Snedden said, before issuing what amounted to a declaration of war.

"Nobody hates a dirty cop or a a dirty prosecutor more than we do at Search Warrant," Snedden said.

"Follow along with us as we unravel this shocking, true story of how prosecutors denied men their constitutional and civil rights to fulfill a political vendetta. Join us as the tables are turned on dirty cops and dirty prosecutors who thought they could get away with it. It's a battle of good versus evil . . . It's about justice."

Meanwhile, the man at the center of this controversy called in today from the State Correctional Institute at Somerset.

In a phone interview, Sandusky said even he was optimistic about where the Sandusky case is headed next.

"I've been through so much that I don't want to get excited and very optimistic, but I am encouraged," he said.

Despite being locked up for 30 to 60 years, "I've been hopeful forever," Sandusky said.

"I keep hoping the people are going to realize the travesty and all of the dishonesty and deception and everything that has transpired during this whole thing," he said. "That's my hope as much as anything. That they'll open their eyes and see."

"A lot of my coaching experiences weren't easy," recalled Sandusky, who was Joe Paterno's defense coach.

"But we were fighters who battled. I was surrounded by people like that and that's how I feel about this. This is wrong and I"m going to fight as long as I can fight."

POSTED BY BIGTRIAL.NET AT <a class="timestamp-link" href="https://www.bigtrial.net/2020/05/sure-sign-of-apocalypse-truth-coming.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(204, 0, 0); text-decoration-line: none; background-color: transparent;"><abbr class="published" itemprop="datePublished" title="2020-05-26T13:28:00-04:00" style="box-sizing: border-box; cursor: help; border-bottom: 0px; text-decoration-skip-ink: none;">1:28 PM</abbr>

Tokens
SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 2020

Superior Court To Hear Sandusky's Argument For A New Trial

https://www.bigtrial.net/2020/06/state-superior-court-will-hear.html

The motion for a new trial is based on newly discovered evidence that includes a 79-page diary kept by former FBI Special Agent Kathleen McChesney back in 2011 and 2012, when she was the co-leader of a supposedly independent investigation of the Penn State sex abuse scandal as led by former FBI Director Louis Freeh.

In the diary, McChesney documented numerous leaks of grand jury secrets, as well as records that were emanating from the office of former Deputy Attorney General Frank Fina. The diary also documents that Fina held sway over Freeh's supposedly independent investigation, deciding which witness Freeh's investigators could talk to, and when.

In documents previously filed in state Superior Court, Sandusky's lawyers argued in a motion for a new trial that the collusion that existed between the AG and Freeh amounted to a "de facto joint investigation" that not only violated state law regarding grand jury secrecy, but also tainted one of the jurors who convicted Sandusky.

Tokens
The " fact Freeh " report love it

Anthony Lubrano, an outspoken renegade member of the Penn State board of trustees, opened up about the inner workings of that board, still in full cover-up mode.

Lubrano, who left the board in 2018 when his term was up, but was reelected, and returns to be sworn in today, also spoke candidly about the lack of due process at every stage of the so-called Penn State sex abuse scandal.

Lubrano did his talking on the latest episode of Search Warrant, a podcast hosted by three former cops, and joined by your humble Big Trial correspondent. Lubrano also opened up about his proposed resolution to have the university go to court and sue former FBI Director Louis Freeh, to reclaim the $8.3 million the university paid for Freeh's "fact-free report," as Lubrano put it.

The entire two-hour podcast can be heard here.

Tokens
Former FBI Agent's Diary Poses A Problem For Attorney General | Big Trial | Philadelphia Trial Blog
https://www.bigtrial.net/2020/08/former-fbi-agents-diary-problem-for-ag.html

"The state attorney general's office is lamely trying to discredit a former FBI agent's diary that documents collusion and illegal grand jury leaks committed by the AG's office during the criminal investigation of Jerry Sandusky.

The 79-page diary was written in 2011 and 2012 by former FBI Special Agent Kathleen McChesney, when she was acting as co-leader of a supposedly independent civil investigation of Penn State being led by former FBI Director Louis Freeh."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sssrehan2777
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com