1200px-US_Open.svg.png

Tokens
G/B.......Sam got me out of trouble for today..........BOL tomorrow.......indy

Handicapper
Tokens

Handicapper
Tokens
Top seeds lead Labor Day workforce.

On this Labor Day Monday, a host of tennis’ top talents report to work here at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, each looking to complete a job begun one week ago. Some of those punching in here on Day 8 have a wealth of experience in the fine art of stringing together seven matches over a two-week span; others are experiencing long-term Grand Slam employment for the first time.
Men’s top seed Rafael Nadal and women’s No. 1 Karolina Pliskova lead the Labor Day workforce, which also includes former US Open champs Roger Federer and Juan Martin del Potro, women’s No. 4 seed Elina Svitolina and a terrific trio of American women, including Madison Keys, Jennifer Brady and CoCo Vandeweghe. With Week 1 in the books, the pursuit of tennis’ toughest title begins in earnest. The job only gets tougher from here.
Nadal, champion here in 2010 and 2013, is into the fourth round for the ninth time in his career. Second all-time among men with 15 Grand Slam singles titles, the 31-year-old Spaniard captured a record 10th French Open title in June. Though certainly best known for his clay-court acumen, Nadal long ago proved himself a formidable force on surfaces that don’t stick to his socks – he owns a career Grand Slam and is one of only two players in history (Andre Agassi being the other) to win all four majors and an Olympic gold medal. His lifetime mark on hard courts is a staggering 405-124, and through three rounds here, the top seed owns a 48-10 record on the Open’s cement stages.
The Spaniard takes the stage today against Ukraine’s Alexandr Dolgopolov, who’s into the fourth round here for just the second time. In each of the last two years, he’s lost in round one. Dolgopolov, 28, posted his best career major showing at the Australian Open in 2011, playing his way into the quarters. This year, he’s won one title and reached another final – both on clay – but his every step forward has been met with two backward, as he’s been consistently slowed by a series of injuries. In two US Open Series events this summer, he won just one match. But here, Dolgopolov has turned things around, and his straight-sets dismissal of Viktor Troiki in round three was his most impressive win so far, as he won 81 percent of his first-serve points and broke his opponent 17 times in a 6-1, 6-0, 6-4 romp.
Breaks figure to be a lot tougher to come by Monday, as Nadal owns a 6-2 career edge over the Ukrainian, including a win earlier this year at the hard-court event in Brisbane. It’s been a nice run for Dolgopolov, but the run ends here. In four, the top seed is on to the quarters.
Del Potro has had a few breaks of his own in recent years – most of them bad. The 28-year-old Argentine has undergone four wrist surgeries since winning his only career major title here in 2009. Another guy who’s seen his forward progress often halted by injury, del Potro’s best tournament performance this year was a run to the semis at the Delray Beach event in February. After missing the Australian Open, he lost in the third round of Roland Garros and the second round of Wimbledon. But here, the Flushing fan favorite has made an impressive advance, and now the former champ is playing like a present threat, reaching this point without losing a set.
The Argentine will look to continue his advance against the No. 6 seed Dominic Thiem, a 24-year-old Austrian who’s reached at least this point in all three of the season’s previous Slams, pushing on to the semis of Roland Garros, where he knocked out Novak Djokovic en route. Thiem has this year won one title and reached two other finals – all on clay – but the Austrian is completely comfortable on all surfaces and has this year worked his way into the men’s Top 10 with an impressive 44-19 record on the year.
This is the second consecutive year that these two men have gone head-to-head in the Open’s fourth round, with del Potro taking the decision last year after Thiem was forced to retire with an injury. Both men seem fit for this meeting, but the Argentine looks fit to seize the win. This one goes the distance; del Potro goes on to the quarters.
Five American women played their way into the fourth round here this year – the most for the red, white and blue at a major since the 2003 French Open. Maybe the most impressive of that group so far has been Vandeweghe, the No. 20 seed. The 25-year-old, who had never been beyond the second round here in eight previous attempts, has powered her way to this point with a ferocious ground game that seems completely capable of driving her deeper. The American has this year reached the semis at the Aussie and the quarters of Wimbledon, and in this year’s wide-open Open, the 2008 US Open junior girls’ champ looms as a very real threat to contend for another crown.
On Monday, she’ll look to continue her forward motion against Czech Lucie Safarova, who’s appearing in the fourth round here for the second time in four years. The WTA’s No. 1-ranked doubles player, Safarova, has enjoyed a fair share of success alone on court as well. Runner-up at Roland Garros in 2015 and a Wimbledon semifinalist the year before that, the 30-year-old has a career mark of 353-266 playing without a partner. Safarova holds a 3-1 edge in her meetings with the American, including a three-set win earlier this year at the hard-court Indian Wells event. But Vandeweghe is playing like a woman on a mission, and it doesn’t seem like that mission is merely reaching the fourth round. In a thrilling three, Vandeweghe is on to the quarters.
Like her countrywoman, Keys also has been impressive in her advance, reaching the fourth round here for the third consecutive year. A semifinalist at the Aussie Open in 2015 and a quarterfinalist at Wimbledon that same year, Keys has never been beyond this point at her home Slam. On Saturday evening, the 22-year-old American showed why she just might have a chance of changing that stat, rallying back from a set down to oust No. 17 seed Elena Vesnina in three, accelerating through the final set for a 2-6, 6-4, 6-1 win.
She figures to have a tougher test in the evening session against Svitolina, who has been one of the hottest players on the women’s tour this year, winning five singles titles – three of those on hard courts, including this summer’s US Open Series event in Toronto. The 22-year-old from Ukraine is in the fourth round here for the first time in her career but is playing with the sort of focus that suggests she’s got her sights set on a deeper drive.
The two women have met just once, with Keys up a set and a break when Svitolina was forced to retire with an injury in the first round of the New Haven event in 2015. This promises to be a good one, an engaging battle between two of women’s tennis’ coming talents. Keys takes a set, but Svitolina takes the win.

Handicapper
Tokens
U.S.Open.org Day 8 picks.

MEN

(3) Roger Federer vs. (33) Philipp Kohlschreiber
Federer did not look in the same form that has helped him win two Grand Slam titles this season in his first two matches in Flushing Meadows. Both Frances Tiafoe and Mikhail Youzhny pushed the "Swiss Maestro" to five sets. But a straight-sets, rather uncomplicated victory over the tricky Feliciano Lopez should leave fans of the 19-time major champion optimistic. It will be a completely different matchup for Federer against No. 33 Philipp Kohlschreiber, who will use the angles of the court with far more topspin than Lopez to work the point rather than rush the net. The third seed has an 11-0 lead in the duo's head-to-head, and don't expect that to change. Federer will take another step toward a possible semifinal against Rafael Nadal in straight sets.

(9) David Goffin vs. Andrey Rublev
Those who don't know Rublev likely will after this match. The 19-year-old is one of the best pure ball-strikers pound-for-pound in the world, and you will never find that he lacks intensity on the court. It should be an interesting clash of styles with Goffin, another excellent ground-stroker who can counterpunch with the very best. The Belgian will look to frustrate Rublev and force the Russian out of his rhythm. Expect him to try to take the baseline away from his younger opponent when possible to play on his terms rather than the Russian's. Rublev has only dropped one set in singles or doubles this US Open, against Damir Dzumhur. And if he maintains his composure once again, look for the teenager to back up his upset of No. 7 Grigor Dimitrov with a tough five-set victory against Goffin.

WOMEN

(1) Karolina Pliskova vs. Jennifer Brady
Pliskova has not looked her best over the course of the tournament's first week. If it wasn't for saving match point in her third-rounder against No. 27 Zhang Shuai, the Czech would already be on her way home, with no chance of maintaining her No. 1 ranking. One thing is for sure: former UCLA Bruin Jennifer Brady will not be afraid of going for her shots against a fellow big-hitter like Pliskova, especially on the forehand wing. One of two things will happen Monday: Brady will earn the win of her life or Pliskova will return to or near the form that got her to last year's US Open final. While Brady's run in New York has capped off an excellent first season of Grand Slam main draws, take the latter. Pliskova in two.

Daria Kasatkina vs. Kaia Kanepi
In general, this matchup will be similar to Kasatkina's last match, and entirely different for Kanepi. The Estonian faced a fellow big-hitter in Naomi Osaka, surviving a three-set battle in the third round. Kasatkina will attempt to put as many balls back in play as possible and use Kanepi's aggression against her. She did a good job of that after a slow start against French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko, eventually ousting arguably the most aggressive player on tour, 6-3, 6-2. Kasatkina and Kanepi have never played before, but expect Kasatkina to advance to her first Grand Slam quarterfinal in straight sets.

Handicapper
Tokens
Today at the Open: Sept. 4.

GATES OPEN
Day Session - 9:30 a.m.
Evening Session - 6:00 a.m.

INsider Tip: Have your tickets ready - either in hand OR on your phone. To save time, please add your mobile tickets to your phone's wallet.

TICKETS
The following sessions are sold out: Monday day session, Monday night session
Tickets are still available for: Tuesday day session, Wednesday day session, Thursday night session (women's semifinals), Saturday session (women's final)

SPONSORED SESSION AND GATE GIVEAWAY
American Express Day and Night: Welcome to American Express Day and Night at the 2017 US Open! As a part of American Express Day and Night, list in on the action with a complimentary American Express Radio. Follow along with the ESPN Play-By-Play, and get scores and match updates throughout the day. On behalf of American Express, enjoy your day!

MATCH OF THE DAY
Juan Martin del Potro vs. Dominic Thiem: Fan favorite and 2009 champion Juan Martin del Potro is back in action Monday in what promises to be a big-hitting affair with No. 6 seed Dominic Thiem, a matchup of del Potro's hard, flat ground strokes against the Austrian's wicked spins. Del Potro is into the fourth round without having lost a set, while Thiem has lost just one.

SPECIAL EVENTS

Be on the lookout from 2:30-3:30 p.m. to take a picture with the iconic cabin crew of Emirates Airline! Be sure to join the conversation by using #EmiratesAce for a chance to win a trip to Dubai.

FEATURED BOOTH
US Open Guest Information Hosted by American Express: Questions? Concerns? Need assistance? American Express can help! Stop by a Guest Information booth at the East Gate, South Gate or near Arthur Ashe Stadium for help on navigating the grounds.

SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS
IBM: Get the US Open star treatment at the IBM Cognitive booth. Talk to Watson in one of our cognitive photo booths to uncover your inner Tennis Star, along with some personalized giveaways to match your new US Open player persona. You can even catch the biggest moments of every match with Cognitive Highlights, powered by Watson and available on the US Open app.
Discover your #WatsonFanFame now at the IBM Booth, located near Court 9.

Food/Drink
Backyard x Court 17: Head on over to Backyard x Court 17 for additional food options including Joju, Creperie, Ben & Jerry’s and Franks & Fries. We recommend: Le Boeuf Bourguignon Crepe: Freshly made crepe stuffed with classically prepared boeuf bourguignon.

Returning for 2017
US Open Wheelchair Competition: The US Open celebrates its 10th US Open Wheelchair Competition this September, when the best wheelchair players from around the world return to Flushing Meadows. After a year’s hiatus as a result of last year’s Paralympic Games, the 2017 wheelchair competition will be held Sept. 7-10 (Thursday to Sunday) at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.

Handicapper
Tokens
Not sure what went wrong here But I know you two have History.

But last i checked this was a Gambling forum and someone posting Picks/Plays/Wagers is fine.

The Title does say , 2017 U.S. Open Tennis Central

It`s the same crap that`s been going on for over a year now and you personally do nothing about it. And you want to know why THERX gets the least amount of traffic then any other forum these days. And don`t tell me it doesn`t. Hell you had to fire most of your employees because business is so damn bad.
This thread is 31 pages long,out of the 31 i`m going to say that it has a half page of fighting if that. Then again it shouldn`t even have that much.
Mean while you have threads that are 15 pages long with 13 pages of fighting and you do nothing about it. Never!
That`s why this place has taken such a huge negative hit.
I remember a MOD saying last year that divisiveness sells...LMAO
Nobody wants to constantly see posters fight day in and day out and threads getting ruined on a daily basis
For example.....A poster like HarryCaray would never,ever make it at Madjacks,SBR or Covers.
HarryCaray is about Dissension. And Dissension drives away business.

THERX forum is known for being attacked. No poster wants to be bashed on a daily basis.

I`ll say it loud and clear....THERX is a poorly run operation.

And i`ll use this thread as a example......No one wants to read through some of the bullshit.

You want to fight go to THERX.....You want to see posters start threads about having other posters banned go to THERX.

And don`t tell me business is down at all the forums.

The constant
Dissension between posters that you do nothing about has driven this forum into the ground.

And i will always go back to last year the summer of 2016.....When you let this place become a circus.....You let a poster start petition threads on having another poster banned. Tell me another forum that would let that happen????

Greenbacks starts a US open tennis thread to keep the energy flowing at THERX...Mean while the thread can`t stay clean for the whole tournament...LMAO...What else is fucking new???

Everyday is a gun fight at THERX to survive......How fucking sad.

Tokens
Hold on a sec......I found a better one....This wins DISTORTED POST of the year [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
win.gif
[/FONT]

Lmfaooooo. You want to talk about downhill and losing ratings. What the hell is that pedafile shit MLdog is posting?

Tokens
Gee I wonder why most of the valuable posters left this place. We have been giving out winner after winner, most at + money, and this guy shits all over us for doing so.

Dudes a beast. I give respect where it's due. Highly doubt anyone is leaving this place because of Greenbacks.

Try sunshine, Baronman, Russ, tmader. If the mods really wanted to clean up this place they would. I know for a fact those posters deter others from posting. They stir shit up and are worthless when it comes to betting sports.

Tokens
It`s the same crap that`s been going on for over a year now and you personally do nothing about it. And you want to know why THERX gets the least amount of traffic then any other forum these days. And don`t tell me it doesn`t. Hell you had to fire most of your employees because business is so damn bad.
This thread is 31 pages long,out of the 31 i`m going to say that it has a half page of fighting if that. Then again it shouldn`t even have that much.
Mean while you have threads that are 15 pages long with 13 pages of fighting and you do nothing about it. Never!
Nobody wants to constantly see posters fight day in and day out and threads getting ruined on a daily basis
For example.....A poster like HarryCaray would never,ever make it at Madjacks,SBR or Covers.

THERX forum is known for being attacked. No poster wants to be bashed on a daily basis.

And i`ll use this thread as a example......No one wants to read through some of the bullshit.

You want to fight go to THERX.....You want to see posters start threads about having other posters banned go to THERX.

The constant
Dissension between posters that you do nothing about has driven this forum into the ground.

And i will always go back to last year the summer of 2016.....When you let this place become a circus.....You let a poster start petition threads on having another poster banned. Tell me another forum that would let that happen????

Greenbacks starts a US open tennis thread to keep the energy flowing at THERX...Mean while the thread can`t stay clean for the whole tournament...LMAO...What else is fucking new???

Go head. I'm with it. Power to the people.

Banned
Tokens
Lmfaooooo. You want to talk about downhill and losing ratings. What the hell is that pedafile shit MLdog is posting?

That was the girl playing in the Tennis Match that the post was about dude, the picture & the video of her interviewed when she was 7. I thought it was interesting how young she began and that she was so good then, good enough to be interviewed.

Thought Others would also find that Interesting.

Banned
Tokens
I Call BS though, on Greenback's Say that SBR & Covers don't have a hella lot more Hate then here. Unless those places underwent MASSIVE Transformations from being places where Conflict was definitely thought to be a Traffic Driver...kinda inconceivable that they cleaned house to such a degree.

Whatevers Decided here though, if anything....I enjoy posting cuz theres a lot of guys who's wisdom I value and Personalities I enjoy: Harry, rolltide, Buster, Bourn, MattyMatt, RenoChazz, that dude that has the guy carring the 30 pack of Keystone Ice on his shoulder as his avatar.....Hache, Richoff, daveydips, FesteringZit, BAS, tmader, sunshine, RedDagger and so many more I could mention.

Literally so many more including Greenbacks.

I do understand that my posts are Too Wild, Too Strange and Undecipherable, to most. Matter of looking from that same lens that makes able to be Understood: Kerouac's "stream of consciousness", "Living Theatre" that Morrison was involved with, Dali Paintings and Pink Floyd's early work...Douglas Adam's "Universe" books.....by no means trying to imply that the way I post is Same Level as that stuff just saying Same Source, spewed out the same "Fountain"

I do include interesting info in some of those posts though, Richoff brings even MORE useful stuff (especially with Hockey, Tennis, Golf and The Markets) Harry Caray brings Massive +EV insight....

....and We get Cannonballs shot at us.

Tokens
That was the girl playing in the Tennis Match that the post was about dude, the picture & the video of her interviewed when she was 7. I thought it was interesting how young she began and that she was so good then, good enough to be interviewed.

Thought Others would also find that Interesting.

Yeah but how can you post those pictures and when Greenbacks posts pictures it's a problem? I don't get that. Your posts are all over the place. This is the first time you wrote normal.

There's a tennis section too. No need to step on anybody's toes for making threads and doing whatever they want in them. I mean for fuck sakes Runmaker is back here making threads about girls shitting their pants or something bizarre.

So it has nothing to do with the pictures. There's no way. When Runmaker is posting 2 girls 1 cup links out here. Too much ego. Got to eventually put that shit aside

Banned
Tokens
Yeah but how can you post those pictures and when Greenbacks posts pictures it's a problem? I don't get that. Your posts are all over the place. This is the first time you wrote normal.

I've taken every bit as much Heat as Greenbacks for that posting of Pictures. Videos. Greenback's being a New Yorker comes back Harder so massive fights ensue which is why it seems to you like Greenbacks gets More Heat than I do.

I've only ever tried to bring Some Thing Different, to the table mostly: The Story Behind The Story celebrating how hard these athletes work, what it is to commit one's life to Conquering, what that is to see A Mountain and instead of being Afraid feeling like Life would be wasted if ya didn't Give All to ascend that.

To Be The Best. Pictures Speak so many Words & Music is by far and away the greatest means of communication ever so I wipe out into walls, crash & burn....where expression via these posts is concerned.

Don't Doubt that I've taken as much Heat as Greenbacks though.....for cluttering up threads.

We see the light
Tokens
There goes another good poster... was Red Elephant last year and now Greenbacks..... anyone know where GB gone?

Tokens

The constant

interesting coming from a Guy I backed 99.9% of the time. either threw guys on post review or ban if they continued bashing and attacking you
Plus ...Getting slack for it too.

Some of the posts I had to delete in this thread from you, were uncalled for, but you continued to believe this was Your thread and Only your thread to post in.

You didn't like that other people including Harry who you have a history with here, posting Plays/picks in a thread called : 2017 U.S. Open Tennis Central

You called them out with Foul language and then said you Only like seeing your own posts in here.
Last I checked this was a Community forum where we All share information.
and when I posted that this is a gambling Forum and Picks are Fine, you packed up your bags and ran like a Child.

We have told many others that if you Don't like a person, use the ignore button .... it comes in handy to many...

Tokens
There goes another good poster... was Red Elephant last year and now Greenbacks..... anyone know where GB gone?

Have no clue, and after reading his post, don't care

with Red Elephant, we also banned people that were attacking him. But guess it was too late.

We always tell people to report the problem, because we don't always get to read Every posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youm6053
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com