NorthCoast Records Thread

Search

Tokens
so you normally fade all those picks?
No, I personally don't fade these picks and never have.

That is not my style of wagering.

If you are asking whether you or others should fade them all, that is a personal choice, but looking back over the last

two years and especially with the college side picks, you would have cleaned up if you had faded them!!

Handicapper
Tokens
--Field Level Media

Bama 31-23

Last Meeting ( Jan 1, 2020 ) Michigan 16, Alabama 35
Jalen Milroe's benching after Alabama's Week 2 loss to Texas is well known, and so is his ensuing rise to one of the top players in the nation.

The chip on the shoulder of the Crimson Tide quarterback is pronounced as he leads No. 4 Alabama into the College Football Playoff semifinal contest against No. 1 Michigan on New Year's Day at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pound Milroe has often heard he should switch positions. But watching those words come from the mouth of then-Crimson Tide offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien (2021-22) was particularly irritating.

"My own offensive coordinator, Bill O'Brien, told me I shouldn't play quarterback," Milroe said Thursday. "The biggest thing was to stay true to myself. I had a bigger purpose than anyone's opinion. (O'Brien) told me a bunch of positions I could've switched to, but look where I'm at, so who has the last laugh?"

Milroe looks to add more enjoyment to his spectacular campaign when the Crimson Tide (12-1) face the Wolverines (13-0) for a spot in the national championship game. No. 2 Washington and No. 3 Texas meet in the other semifinal.

Milroe has passed for 2,718 yards, 23 touchdowns and six interceptions while also rushing for 12 scores. The Crimson Tide have won 11 straight games -- including all 10 since he was restored to the starting gig.

The signature moment was the fourth-and-31 pass to Isaiah Bond with 32 seconds left to beat Auburn in the Iron Bowl.

"He's a different quarterback than we've seen all year," Michigan defensive end Jaylen Harrell said. "Freaky athletic, can make all the throws, big throws."

Michigan has its own solid quarterback in J.J. McCarthy. He owns a 25-1 record as a starter, but that lone setback came in last year's CFP semifinals when the Wolverines lost 51-45 to TCU. That setback stretched Michigan's bowl losing streak to six. Now the pressure is higher.

"I think for the outside observer, it's the biggest game in Michigan history, one of the biggest games in college football history," McCarthy said Friday. "But to us it's just another football game that we're going to go out there and try to execute, play with physicality, and lock into all the little details that are going to show up in these big games."

McCarthy has completed 74.2 percent of his throws this season for 2,630 yards and 19 touchdowns against four interceptions. Star running back Blake Corum (1,028) has topped 1,000 rushing yards for the second straight season while setting a school mark with 24 rushing touchdowns.

The Michigan defense entered the bowl season as the nation's leader in scoring defense (9.5 points per game) and No. 2 in total defense (239.7).

The Wolverines have thrived despite coach Jim Harbaugh missing six games due to two different suspensions. But Michigan's reputation for falling short in big games includes an 0-2 mark in CFP semifinal appearances.

"I think everyone wants to change the narrative of Michigan football or how we can't win postseason games or we haven't won a (national title) in forever or whatever it may be," Wolverines center Drake Nugent said.

On the other hand, Alabama is a stellar 6-1 in the CFP semifinals and has won three national titles during the CFP era. Few people thought the Crimson Tide would be back after a dismal Week 3 effort when a last-minute touchdown was needed to put away South Florida. Milroe was reinstated as starter the following day.

"After Week 3, I don't think anybody thought we would be in this position," Alabama defensive end Justin Eboigbe said. "But just truly each and every game, each and every practice, we just came together, understood that it's us. And I feel like truly we became close as a team through all the doubts, the adversity that happened, and we truly understood that we still controlled our own destiny."

Crimson Tide running back Jase McClellan (foot) said he's good to play. He missed the victory over Georgia in the Southeastern Conference title game.

Alabama is 44-26-3 (plus one win vacated due to NCAA violations) in bowl games, while Michigan is 21-29. The teams have met five times with the Crimson Tide holding a 3-2 edge.

Washington 37-33

Last Meeting ( Dec 29, 2022 ) Texas 20, Washington 27

A pair of high-powered offenses created the matchup between No. 2 Washington and No. 3 Texas in the Sugar Bowl on Monday at New Orleans, with a spree of points expected for the College Football Playoff semifinal.

All that touchdown potential will put both defenses in the hot seat in a game that is a rematch of last season's Alamo Bowl that was won by Washington.

Monday's winner will meet the survivor of the other CFP semifinal between No. 1 Michigan and No. 4 Alabama in the national championship game on Jan. 8 at Houston.

Washington (13-0) is riding a 20-game winning streak that extends back to Oct. 15, 2022, and could have easily been ranked No. 1 heading into the playoffs. The Longhorns (12-1) had the season's benchmark road win at Alabama and have won seven straight games, including a dominating 49-21 victory over then-No. 18 Oklahoma State in the Big 12 championship game, to jump into the final four.

There's plenty of evidence to substantiate the expectation of a shootout.

During the regular season, both teams averaged more than 469 yards of total offense per game, with Texas ranking ninth nationally and the Huskies 10th.

Washington, spurred by record-setting quarterback and Heisman Trophy finalist Michael Penix Jr., led the nation in passing yards per game (343.8), while the Longhorns were more balanced, finishing the regular season in the top 23 in both rushing and passing.

The Huskies' offensive line won the Joe Moore Award for the best in college football; Texas counters with massive defensive lineman T'Vondre Sweat, the Outland Trophy winner for best interior lineman, and linebacker Jaylan Ford, who led the Longhorns in tackles this season with 91.

"I'm not going to lie, their D-line is good," Penix said. "But at the same time, they haven't played our O-line. They showed a lot of great things throughout the year. With their whole defense, they do a great job. Their coaches do a great job with their system.

"They definitely play good ball, man. But we're not playing the 49ers' D-line or the Eagles' D-line. So we'll be good."

The Longhorns have survived a two-game injury absence of quarterback Quinn Ewers and the loss of running back Jonathon Brooks, who had 1,139 rushing yards through the first 11 games. They have responded by putting together arguably their best two games of the season.

So how do the teams keep the ball rolling after such a successful run to the playoffs? Texas coach Steve Sarkisian believes energetic practices are a positive sign moving toward Monday.

"Part of it was making sure that we did enough good-on-good in practice," Sarkisian said. "Especially early on in the prep. That we kept the speed of the competitiveness, of what a game would feel like in a practice setting. Not necessarily to scrimmage all the time, but at the line of scrimmage, offensive line, they need to feel the speed and physicality of our defensive line.

"Our DBs need to feel the speed and the rhythm of our passing game because that's critical when that ball gets kicked off next Monday night. It's all going to be fast."

The Longhorns are a four-point favorite despite being the lower-ranked team.

Tokens
Once again Steele/NC shows why their college record is so horrible by taking the highest total on the board in the Liberty/ Oregon

game in some places over 70 and not just playing it as an opinion but as one of the Late Four Phone Plays!!

Tokens
--Field Level Media

Bama 31-23

Last Meeting ( Jan 1, 2020 ) Michigan 16, Alabama 35
Jalen Milroe's benching after Alabama's Week 2 loss to Texas is well known, and so is his ensuing rise to one of the top players in the nation.

The chip on the shoulder of the Crimson Tide quarterback is pronounced as he leads No. 4 Alabama into the College Football Playoff semifinal contest against No. 1 Michigan on New Year's Day at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pound Milroe has often heard he should switch positions. But watching those words come from the mouth of then-Crimson Tide offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien (2021-22) was particularly irritating.

"My own offensive coordinator, Bill O'Brien, told me I shouldn't play quarterback," Milroe said Thursday. "The biggest thing was to stay true to myself. I had a bigger purpose than anyone's opinion. (O'Brien) told me a bunch of positions I could've switched to, but look where I'm at, so who has the last laugh?"

Milroe looks to add more enjoyment to his spectacular campaign when the Crimson Tide (12-1) face the Wolverines (13-0) for a spot in the national championship game. No. 2 Washington and No. 3 Texas meet in the other semifinal.

Milroe has passed for 2,718 yards, 23 touchdowns and six interceptions while also rushing for 12 scores. The Crimson Tide have won 11 straight games -- including all 10 since he was restored to the starting gig.

The signature moment was the fourth-and-31 pass to Isaiah Bond with 32 seconds left to beat Auburn in the Iron Bowl.

"He's a different quarterback than we've seen all year," Michigan defensive end Jaylen Harrell said. "Freaky athletic, can make all the throws, big throws."

Michigan has its own solid quarterback in J.J. McCarthy. He owns a 25-1 record as a starter, but that lone setback came in last year's CFP semifinals when the Wolverines lost 51-45 to TCU. That setback stretched Michigan's bowl losing streak to six. Now the pressure is higher.

"I think for the outside observer, it's the biggest game in Michigan history, one of the biggest games in college football history," McCarthy said Friday. "But to us it's just another football game that we're going to go out there and try to execute, play with physicality, and lock into all the little details that are going to show up in these big games."

McCarthy has completed 74.2 percent of his throws this season for 2,630 yards and 19 touchdowns against four interceptions. Star running back Blake Corum (1,028) has topped 1,000 rushing yards for the second straight season while setting a school mark with 24 rushing touchdowns.

The Michigan defense entered the bowl season as the nation's leader in scoring defense (9.5 points per game) and No. 2 in total defense (239.7).

The Wolverines have thrived despite coach Jim Harbaugh missing six games due to two different suspensions. But Michigan's reputation for falling short in big games includes an 0-2 mark in CFP semifinal appearances.

"I think everyone wants to change the narrative of Michigan football or how we can't win postseason games or we haven't won a (national title) in forever or whatever it may be," Wolverines center Drake Nugent said.

On the other hand, Alabama is a stellar 6-1 in the CFP semifinals and has won three national titles during the CFP era. Few people thought the Crimson Tide would be back after a dismal Week 3 effort when a last-minute touchdown was needed to put away South Florida. Milroe was reinstated as starter the following day.

"After Week 3, I don't think anybody thought we would be in this position," Alabama defensive end Justin Eboigbe said. "But just truly each and every game, each and every practice, we just came together, understood that it's us. And I feel like truly we became close as a team through all the doubts, the adversity that happened, and we truly understood that we still controlled our own destiny."

Crimson Tide running back Jase McClellan (foot) said he's good to play. He missed the victory over Georgia in the Southeastern Conference title game.

Alabama is 44-26-3 (plus one win vacated due to NCAA violations) in bowl games, while Michigan is 21-29. The teams have met five times with the Crimson Tide holding a 3-2 edge.

Washington 37-33

Last Meeting ( Dec 29, 2022 ) Texas 20, Washington 27

A pair of high-powered offenses created the matchup between No. 2 Washington and No. 3 Texas in the Sugar Bowl on Monday at New Orleans, with a spree of points expected for the College Football Playoff semifinal.

All that touchdown potential will put both defenses in the hot seat in a game that is a rematch of last season's Alamo Bowl that was won by Washington.

Monday's winner will meet the survivor of the other CFP semifinal between No. 1 Michigan and No. 4 Alabama in the national championship game on Jan. 8 at Houston.

Washington (13-0) is riding a 20-game winning streak that extends back to Oct. 15, 2022, and could have easily been ranked No. 1 heading into the playoffs. The Longhorns (12-1) had the season's benchmark road win at Alabama and have won seven straight games, including a dominating 49-21 victory over then-No. 18 Oklahoma State in the Big 12 championship game, to jump into the final four.

There's plenty of evidence to substantiate the expectation of a shootout.

During the regular season, both teams averaged more than 469 yards of total offense per game, with Texas ranking ninth nationally and the Huskies 10th.

Washington, spurred by record-setting quarterback and Heisman Trophy finalist Michael Penix Jr., led the nation in passing yards per game (343.8), while the Longhorns were more balanced, finishing the regular season in the top 23 in both rushing and passing.

The Huskies' offensive line won the Joe Moore Award for the best in college football; Texas counters with massive defensive lineman T'Vondre Sweat, the Outland Trophy winner for best interior lineman, and linebacker Jaylan Ford, who led the Longhorns in tackles this season with 91.

"I'm not going to lie, their D-line is good," Penix said. "But at the same time, they haven't played our O-line. They showed a lot of great things throughout the year. With their whole defense, they do a great job. Their coaches do a great job with their system.

"They definitely play good ball, man. But we're not playing the 49ers' D-line or the Eagles' D-line. So we'll be good."

The Longhorns have survived a two-game injury absence of quarterback Quinn Ewers and the loss of running back Jonathon Brooks, who had 1,139 rushing yards through the first 11 games. They have responded by putting together arguably their best two games of the season.

So how do the teams keep the ball rolling after such a successful run to the playoffs? Texas coach Steve Sarkisian believes energetic practices are a positive sign moving toward Monday.

"Part of it was making sure that we did enough good-on-good in practice," Sarkisian said. "Especially early on in the prep. That we kept the speed of the competitiveness, of what a game would feel like in a practice setting. Not necessarily to scrimmage all the time, but at the line of scrimmage, offensive line, they need to feel the speed and physicality of our defensive line.

"Our DBs need to feel the speed and the rhythm of our passing game because that's critical when that ball gets kicked off next Monday night. It's all going to be fast."

The Longhorns are a four-point favorite despite being the lower-ranked team.
I played Alabama and over as reguukar plays-I haven't decided yet who to bet on if anyone in the Texas-Washington game.

Tokens
7-7

For me, it is fun watching a game like this because I can root for Alabama while at the same time hoping both teams put up points!!

Handicapper
Tokens
I played Alabama and over as reguukar plays-I haven't decided yet who to bet on if anyone in the Texas-Washington game.
No nothing about either just what read/posted. Looks like favorite should be dog? Hope favorite wins in game 2 and we have no unbeatens.

Public votes

Texas straight up and Over 68-32 at Covers if it...

Texas gets my vote after watching Bama who Texas beat.... I'm reading Texas stops pass with Bama showing no running game yet and Washington offense is pass..... phew... good luck Charlie Brown.....

Tokens
No nothing about either just what read/posted. Looks like favorite should be dog? Hope favorite wins in game 2 and we have no unbeatens.

Public votes

Texas gets my vote after watching Bama who Texas beat.... I'm reading Texas stops pass with Bama showing no running game yet and Washington offense is pass..... phew... good luck Charlie Brown.....
I decided that I am going to play Texas and over also.

Good luck!!

ps Wouldn't it be something if Steele/NC lose all four of the star-rated plays!!

They are already 0-1!!

Tokens
ps I played half of my bet on Texas on money line and 1/2 on point spread line.

Tokens

Public votes

Way ot-Get a load of this-I kid you not-starting last Thursday I asked my wife who knows nothing about football to pick all the games.

I didn't mention anything about point spreads although I used them in compiling her record.

So far through the first three games today she is 13-3.

She has Alabama and Washington remaining.

Lets hope she misses on Washington!! lol

ps For the record, unfortunately, I did not go 13-3 but am still a bit ahead.

I need to at least split Alabama and Texas to stay ahead.

Obviously as you can see, my wife did a "little better" than did Phil Steele/NC over that time span!! lol

Handicapper
Tokens
Double down ⏩ Just Win Baby!

Handicapper
Tokens
Double Talk... LoL picked Wash 37-33 and said earlier Texas will win??

Final Decision Washington wins and Bama beats Washington next Monday

Handicapper
Tokens

Tokens
Oops....

My wife says all her ex's live in Texas so.... Texas it's is.
Not only that but don't forget Texas won the WS this year.

This could give them an extra added incentive to win this as well as the Championship games.

This kind of stuff can and does happen!!

Tokens
Northcoast

4 Ala L
4 Wash over
3 Texas
3 Ore over L

What is noteworthy is that even if Texas and Over cover, with the juice factored in, Steele/NC will still lose on the day marking the 5th

consecutive days they have lost this week going back to Thursday!!

If you go back to the end of last week, when they last gave out Late Phone play, the streak is even a day or two longer!!

Handicapper
Tokens
Mattress Mack and his customers and Texas wins it all. Washington gets 1st down when QB throws ball with feet past line of scrimmage but is ruled not past line of scrimmage because the whole body needs to be past the line of scrimmage?? Thos QB is best I've seen. But if Washington scores could be difference in game 14-14 now if

Handicapper
Tokens
Texas -1 1/2 over 30 1/2 double down double up! double down double up double down double up

3rd quarter over 14 1/2

4th quarter over 14 1/2

3rd and 4th and half...... over/over/over

Tokens
Fasten your seatbelts, folks, as here comes the Steele/NC cumulative recap for the week and season!!

Coming off a 2-9 week with combined college sides and totals with their star-rated Late Phone Plays and a 1-3-1

in the NFL, here are the cumulative records through Monday, January 1:

College Sides and Total 63-88-6

NFL 34-35-3

The total cost of service is $4431 so far for a non-Power Sweep or Power Play subscriber.

A $100 player playing these games according to scale and adding in the cost of service is MINUS $14, 497.90!!

ps College sides are now 40-65-3 or 38% which in effect picks right up where they left off last season with sides finishing at 37%

for the ENTIRE SEASON!!

The deficit EASILY now stands at the low mark for the season!!

Don't worry though as I am sure Todd can find at least a few of the zillion types of picks NC offers that won for a day or two!! lol

Also, rest assured that Steele/Todd will offer some fantastic discount prices to cover the rest of the season up to and including

the Superbowl and will win ALL of the picks to at least make a sizeable dent in that "small deficit!!" lol

Handicapper
Tokens
Good to track especially with Sports books opening across the U.S.

Tout are a dime a dozen sunce the internet imagine would hope anyway most will use their money on their own play and double up $4431 or probably lose less?

Both games yesterday I saw 2 different 1/2's?

Early thought on January 8th... Under in 1st half

Tokens
Both games yesterday I saw 2 different 1/2's?

I don't understand what you are saying here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faisalaftab
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com